Alarming drop in players attributes

Just started a save with RB Leipzig and I'm about 2 or 3 weeks in and I've just noticed a decrease by 1 point of virtually every attribute in Timo Werner. Is this normal so early into a save as it seems pretty harsh to me?

During the 2 or 3 weeks in charge Ive employed better and more coaches and put him on a specific attacking forward training programme. Very frustrating and baffling.

Right, I've realised what I've done & I understand why the attributes alarmingly reduce. 

I sincerely thought Timo had some extremely low stats so I purchased the in game editor. 

I upped a few by 1, 2 or 3 points.  Not many. Probably about 8 attributes. Every week they get reduced! Even the ones I never touched like pace! 

His pace has gone down 2 points and I never touched that! 

The CA PA **** is literally causing problems. 

You've mucked it with some players with their stats. 

4 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

if I realistically set his first touch, dribbling and finishing to what it should be, IMO. The game aggressively redusively gets rid. 

This is what should be happening if you're just altering attributes and not the CA as well. The game reduces the attributes to match the CA of the player.

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

This is what should be happening if you're just altering attributes and not the CA as well. The game reduces the attributes to match the CA of the player.

I see what you are saying, but why touch his pace? I never touched that. It was 18 but now it's 16! A week later.

Its like im being punished for trying to set his attributes to what I feel are an acceptable level. After all, whats the point of purchasing an in game editor if I cant edit stats and the game just reduces them when it feels like it? There's no point. 

How can I stop it? He now looks a shadow of the player I edited.

It's not like I was trying to make him into a superhero. I just upped a handful of stats. I didn't  want to get into the technical side of hidden attributes but I felt I would be reasonably safe with Timo as he is a young German international. 

What can I do to stop the game reducing his stats?

Edited by Bothan Spy

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Bothan Spy:

I see what you are saying, but why touch his pace? I never touched that. It was 18 but now it's 16! A week later.

Its like im being punished for trying to set his attributes to what I feel are an acceptable level. After all, whats the point of purchasing an in game editor if I cant edit stats and the game just reduces them when it feels like it? There's no point. 

How can I stop it? He now looks a shadow of the player I edited.

It's not like I was trying to make him into a superhero. I just upped a handful of stats. I didn't  want to get into the technical side of hidden attributes but I felt I would be reasonably safe with Timo as he is a young German international. 

You need to change his CA first, after that you can change the attributes.

46 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

4 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

This is what should be happening if you're just altering attributes and not the CA as well.

4 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

The game reduces the attributes to match the CA of the player.

You need to match the CA to the attributes, as I said. The IGE gives you a recommended CA after you've edited the player. Match the CA with the recommended CA and you won't see those drops.

This isn't a bug, it's user error so I'll move this to the GD forum.

As said above, you need to adjust the CA in the IGE as well as the attributes when you change them.  If you don't then the game will rebalance his attributes across the board to get back within the CA level.  So it'll adjust down all (or most) attributes by a small amount rather than just a few by larger amounts.

43 minutes ago, herne79 said:

This isn't a bug, it's user error so I'll move this to the GD forum.

As said above, you need to adjust the CA in the IGE as well as the attributes when you change them.  If you don't then the game will rebalance his attributes across the board to get back within the CA level.  So it'll adjust down all (or most) attributes by a small amount rather than just a few by larger amounts.

So how do I do that with the ingame editor?

55 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You need to match the CA to the attributes, as I said. The IGE gives you a recommended CA after you've edited the player. Match the CA with the recommended CA and you won't see those drops.

1 hour ago, Bothan Spy said:

First change the player's attributes to how you want them to be (IGE > Start Editing).  When finished click IGE > Stop Editing.

Then open IGE > Edit Player Attribute Details.  That opens a new window where you can change not only the hidden attributes but also the CA and PA.  The top box is CA, change it to be the same as the Recommended CA shown in the box directly underneath.  Do not exceed the PA shown (the box below RCA) as there will be further (unwanted) attribute rebalancing.  When done, click OK (bottom right).

2 hours ago, herne79 said:

First change the player's attributes to how you want them to be (IGE > Start Editing).  When finished click IGE > Stop Editing.

Then open IGE > Edit Player Attribute Details.  That opens a new window where you can change not only the hidden attributes but also the CA and PA.  The top box is CA, change it to be the same as the Recommended CA shown in the box directly underneath.  Do not exceed the PA shown (the box below RCA) as there will be further (unwanted) attribute rebalancing.  When done, click OK (bottom right).

Thanks. Hopefully that will sort it. Very frustrating. Especially when the stats I didn't touch started to go down! Like I said, I didn't want him super human, I have just always thought his attributes were on the stingy side.