[FM20] Cyprus - Full Football League System, Database Update and More

4 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

Right, my save has now officially been tested until July 2057...all is good, the U19 cup doesn't load but I am very happy with everything else.

https://gofile.io/?c=fDKswq

Hi

Thanks again for your big and awesome work. 

But there are no file to download on your link.? I just get a error. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

Small update! :)

https://easyupload.io/2p55wu

Moved the U19 fixtures back to 12:00 as in real life. The U19 cup does not load for some reason, but most youth leagues in game have no cup so it's fine. 

Travis do you have include Omonoia 1948 in the game?

PS. Excellent work mate, the best Cypriot database.

36 minutes ago, GreekHammerhead said:

Travis do you have include Omonoia 1948 in the game?

PS. Excellent work mate, the best Cypriot database.

Yes, Omonoia 1948 are in the game, I created them. 

They play in the Keryneia Epistrofi stadium as in real life.

I have not added real players for the lower divisions yet so players are greyed out.  

Thanks

Edited by Travis Bickle

Update Version 3.0

As far as I am concerned, the league structure is now as perfect as it is going to get. Here is what I have changed. 

- I have added ranking levels for the Second Division. In complex league structures such as these, the game needs help deciding what is a good and bad managerial performance. I noticed that Cypriot Second Division clubs never sacked their managers because the game just couldn't figure out what a good managerial performance looked like. Therefore, I have set it to 1st = Won the league, 2 = Team Won Promotion, 3 = Finished near top of the table, 4-7 = Finished in top half of league, 8-10 = Finished mid-table, 11-12 = Just avoided relegation, 13-16 = Was relegated. This means your media prediction correlates with this expectation. 

Of course the league splits into two groups of 8 again but if you imagine 1-8 in the top half and 1-8 in the bottom half as one 16 then it makes sense.

- I have changed the way the league processes the additional stages in the Second Division. It now matches leagues with other similar splits. 

- I have decided, upon research, to leave the match day restrictions as empty. I've found quotes from various chairman saying they just pay the fines for not fielding Cypriot/HG players, even though most clubs do adhere to this rule. There is no mention of a non-EU rule in the First Division in the league rulebook for the year. 

File has been tested as usual :)

https://easyupload.io/knoiu9

Whilst you're at it, give me a sub on Steam :) :  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1957169547

On 10/01/2020 at 16:56, Crash said:

Am i the only one who is having problem when loading this file i dont get the real league seedings at the start,it is all random who is in the group A and who is in group B

Do you mean that the correct teams for this season's groups are not correct? I've always had them correct but please SS what you are talking about and I'll check. 

On 12/01/2020 at 16:55, Travis Bickle said:

Do you mean that the correct teams for this season's groups are not correct? I've always had them correct but please SS what you are talking about and I'll check. 

Yes,every time i load new game  teams in groups  change,like its random what team goes in which group,and i also tried every folder here that you sent version 2 ,version 3 and last version and it had this problem in all versions,i am sending you SS so you can see.

1.PNG

2.PNG

14 hours ago, Crash said:

Yes,every time i load new game  teams in groups  change,like its random what team goes in which group,and i also tried every folder here that you sent version 2 ,version 3 and last version and it had this problem in all versions,i am sending you SS so you can see.

1.PNG

2.PNG

I will take a look. 

In real life, I believe the groups will be redrawn and seeded every year, which is what I have implemented in the game. On 30th June every year the groups get redrawn for the upcoming season.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2020 at 17:16, Michael_Myers said:

The direct download link says that the file is not found.

On 17/02/2020 at 20:05, APOEL18 said:

file not found. other link to download the Cypriot leagues?

Hi guys, my apologies, I lost the file but I have an older backup. When I'm home in 2 hours I'll update that file with new rule changes I found and upload it for you on a permanent link. Thanks for the patience and sorry for inconveniences. 

Guys, I've noticed something seriously wrong with Cypriot research in this game. Amongst 1,000,000 other things I fix and don't mention, now I've realised weather is totally bugged. It's 9 degrees for my home game on August 22nd. 9 degrees...in Cyprus...in August. The record low for August in Limassol is 18.9C degrees. It's 10 degrees hotter in Sweden in my game. I'm going to fix it, but I'd really like it if a few of you who enjoy my file would back me up because I think I'm going to ask to be the researcher. It means that I don't have to start from scratch each time fixing all the data whoever is the Cypriot researcher gets wrong.

1224742301_Screenshot2020-03-03at22_45_15.thumb.png.1b1ce79db1194fee7d858089474ed45b.png

So I've been playing with the file a while now and can say everything works as it should. The only bug I can think of is that you get notifications for the transfer windows of the lower divisions but it doesn't apply to you at all. I'm really happy with it. Would love to hear of others using it too :)

17 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

So I've been playing with the file a while now and can say everything works as it should. The only bug I can think of is that you get notifications for the transfer windows of the lower divisions but it doesn't apply to you at all. I'm really happy with it. Would love to hear of others using it too :)

I'll definitely be using it.

I'm not one for adding additional leagues to FM as I'm happy with the default amount but it was bugging me that Cyprus wasn't in the game because it's the highest rated league by co-efficiency that isn't in the game by default.

Would you recommend ticking the 'Add Players to Playable Teams' box? This will only add extra players to the teams with grey players right? I think I remember reading on these forums this year that this feature adds way too many players this time around, I've never used it so wouldn't know.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

5 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I'll definitely be using it.

I'm not one for adding additional leagues to FM as I'm happy with the default amount but it was bugging me that Cyprus wasn't in the game because it's the highest rated league by co-efficiency that isn't in the game by default.

Would you recommend ticking the 'Add Players to Playable Teams' box? This will only add extra players to the teams with grey players right? I think I remember reading on these forums this year that this feature adds way too many players this time around, I've never used it so wouldn't know.

Yes, I think it is a real shame that SI don't include Cyprus as part of the out of the box game. I'm actually planning on contacting them about this. 

If you are planning on managing lower leagues, you have to "add players to playable teams" otherwise there is a shortage of players. If you manage in the first division, you'll be fine there's just a shortage of youth players that get populated with regens in March. Hope this helps. 

8 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

Yes, I think it is a real shame that SI don't include Cyprus as part of the out of the box game. I'm actually planning on contacting them about this. 

If you are planning on managing lower leagues, you have to "add players to playable teams" otherwise there is a shortage of players. If you manage in the first division, you'll be fine there's just a shortage of youth players that get populated with regens in March. Hope this helps. 

Thanks. I won't be managing in Cyprus but still want to include it in my setup. I'll probably keep that off then as it won't affect me. 

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Thanks. I won't be managing in Cyprus but still want to include it in my setup. I'll probably keep that off then as it won't affect me. 

Yeap. The first division clubs are totally fine, 50% of the second division clubs are also fine, below that there are greyed out players but they get filled out within a season or two. In real terms those third division clubs have non-professional players predominantly anyway. 

Anorthosis finance are way less than the normal considering that the club is in the top 3 wealthier clubs in Cyprus. The total market value is rising day by day. can you please fix the finance? the club is decreasing the wadge budget day by day in the game.

Hey @Travis Bickle this look absolutely phenomenal. I came across this thread after looking for Cypriot kits online; I thought Cyprus patches were dead on the forums :lol:. I myself have been working to create a realistic version of the game, but I was struggling with the structure of the Second Division, the Youth Leagues (I could help you add the U17s btw) etc. I have an editor file with over 5000 Database changes focused mainly on CA/PA ability changes, Stadiums, Staff, History, Journalists and added Youngsters. There are many issues with Abilities, thus I would fully support you in becoming Head Researcher as the current one has been slacking for years. I have excellent knowledge of Cypriot football; I literally watch every game and when I am in Cyprus I go watch my Second Division club. I have attached my fmf file below so you can have a look and maybe work with me in the near future :) 

Cyprus.fmf

Edited by andreasspontas

On 13/03/2020 at 03:31, anorthosis said:

Anorthosis finance are way less than the normal considering that the club is in the top 3 wealthier clubs in Cyprus. The total market value is rising day by day. can you please fix the finance? the club is decreasing the wadge budget day by day in the game.

Hey, fair point. I noticed it in my long term save. This isn't really something I did, they seem to just lose money in the default DB. I'll look at it. 

4 hours ago, andreasspontas said:

Hey @Travis Bickle this look absolutely phenomenal. I came across this thread after looking for Cypriot kits online; I thought Cyprus patches were dead on the forums :lol:. I myself have been working to create a realistic version of the game, but I was struggling with the structure of the Second Division, the Youth Leagues (I could help you add the U17s btw) etc. I have an editor file with over 5000 Database changes focused mainly on CA/PA ability changes, Stadiums, Staff, History, Journalists and added Youngsters. There are many issues with Abilities, thus I would fully support you in becoming Head Researcher as the current one has been slacking for years. I have excellent knowledge of Cypriot football; I literally watch every game and when I am in Cyprus I go watch my Second Division club. I have attached my fmf file below so you can have a look and maybe work with me in the near future :) 

Cyprus.fmf 94.85 kB · 1 download

Thank you very much. I'm sending you a PM now. 

This is very much a community project and the more people involved, the better the file. I know I've missed stuff, but I do my best to be thorough. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, this is my final update. I feel I have fixed the last minor bugs that were in the game, they are:

- If you tried to play a game with a player with no squad number attached, sometimes you'd have to renumber your players and the max number was 25. This has been tested and fixed. 

- I've changed the TV times a bit. I tried to replicate real life but in the in-game mechanic, having games at 16:00, 17:00 and 18:00 doesn't work. Games are now generally played at 15:00 - 17:00 - 19:00 on Saturday and Sunday, sometimes there will be two games at 17:00 on Sunday if a team has a European match.

The only two things remaining are:

- You get notifications for the transfer windows of the lower divisions even if you are in the top division. This does not apply to you or effect you. It is entirely cosmetic and I don't really consider it a "bug".

- Depending on the season you don't always get the option to change code of conduct at the start of the season. 

Here is the file: https://easyupload.io/hfue58

And please give it a subscribe on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2045266564

If you have any questions or want to help with further research please PM me

On 02/04/2020 at 20:48, Travis Bickle said:

Hi guys, this is my final update. I feel I have fixed the last minor bugs that were in the game, they are:

- If you tried to play a game with a player with no squad number attached, sometimes you'd have to renumber your players and the max number was 25. This has been tested and fixed. 

- I've changed the TV times a bit. I tried to replicate real life but in the in-game mechanic, having games at 16:00, 17:00 and 18:00 doesn't work. Games are now generally played at 15:00 - 17:00 - 19:00 on Saturday and Sunday, sometimes there will be two games at 17:00 on Sunday if a team has a European match.

The only two things remaining are:

- You get notifications for the transfer windows of the lower divisions even if you are in the top division. This does not apply to you or effect you. It is entirely cosmetic and I don't really consider it a "bug".

- Depending on the season you don't always get the option to change code of conduct at the start of the season. 

Here is the file: https://easyupload.io/hfue58

And please give it a subscribe on Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2045266564

If you have any questions or want to help with further research please PM me

One of the things I forgot to mention with this update is VAR kicks in for the First Division from 2020/2021 as it is supposed to IRL. 

On 12/04/2020 at 16:52, Crash said:

Why is there in winter transfer window restriction of 4 maximum players allowed to get???

It is what happens in real life, I copied it directly from the Cypriot FA's rulebook for the First Division. 

On 13/04/2020 at 04:12, Boofhead54 said:

This looks excellent! Will definitely have to try this out.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Παιδιά για σας, αγορασα το fm20 μπορεί να μου εξηγήσει καποιος πως μπορώ να βάλω το κυπριακό πρωτάθλημα. Ευχαριστώ 

Edited by antreas9

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/04/2020 at 20:38, Travis Bickle said:

It is what happens in real life, I copied it directly from the Cypriot FA's rulebook for the First Division. 

Thank you!

Hi,

I downloaded a league and was wondering if you could help. The league I downloaded has a rule where players get banned after every yellow card, after their 2nd. Is this correct? 

So 2nd yellow card of campaign = ban

Every yellow after = ban for 1 match

49 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Hi,

I downloaded a league and was wondering if you could help. The league I downloaded has a rule where players get banned after every yellow card, after their 2nd. Is this correct? 

So 2nd yellow card of campaign = ban

Every yellow after = ban for 1 match

Hi there, 

Which competition is this in? I've got this very file loaded in my current save and it is:

1 match ban for 4 yellows.

1 match ban for the next 4 yellows. 

2 match ban for every additional 4 yellows. 

This applies through the whole Cypriot football system as in real life.

Did you download my file or a different file?

It was one on Steam. I think it is a different one so I'll have to see if I can change it using the In-Game Editor. But a one match ban every yellow seemed harsh!

Have a feeling I ticked do not use though :(

4 hours ago, Peter G said:

It was one on Steam. I think it is a different one so I'll have to see if I can change it using the In-Game Editor. But a one match ban every yellow seemed harsh!

Have a feeling I ticked do not use though :(

It's definitely not my file. 

I would suggest using mine, it has been tested through to 2057, it's stable, and I have all the correct rules as per the rulebook. 

Yeah, think I might have to start again. I've noticed more issues with this one, specifically fixtures. All fixtures in the first stage are done between September and December meaning that there is a game every 3 days rather than every week. As a result the final 10 games are spread over 4 months giving 1 game in March, 2 in April, February  and May and 3 in January. Annoying but I can't play like that so will have to use yours :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/06/2020 at 21:23, Peter G said:

Yeah, think I might have to start again. I've noticed more issues with this one, specifically fixtures. All fixtures in the first stage are done between September and December meaning that there is a game every 3 days rather than every week. As a result the final 10 games are spread over 4 months giving 1 game in March, 2 in April, February  and May and 3 in January. Annoying but I can't play like that so will have to use yours :D

Yeah that doesn't happen on mine. The only fixture congestion you may face is if you make the knockout round of the Europa League because it clashes with the Cypriot cup, but the issue is I used the real dates. It's nothing insane but games every 3 days for a couple of weeks can happen. 

On 19/06/2020 at 12:25, cjdomenik said:

*File not found* please re upload the link , try maybe another host ?

thanks in advance

Really sorry, I use free hosting services and there's a time limit. If you download the steam link it should work, otherwise give me a bit and I'll upload it from the computer that has the file.