My favorite boxscore of all time - guess the score!

Some context for fun. It was the last game of the season. I played several kids, as the game didn't matter for final position in the table.

3 different tactics were used by me (Everton) during the game. Newcastle played a defensive 4-2-3-1.

40797761_ScreenShot2019-10-07at1_32_03PM.thumb.png.293d97fe89b15e5e64bcd2f54a9860de.png

I started with that, played it the whole first half. That's the tactic I use to breakdown bus parkers.

602596161_ScreenShot2019-10-07at1_32_45PM.thumb.png.492e020c56e95985e07152481df01f00.png

At halftime I switched to this, that's the one I use when playing teams as good as me that aren't parking the bus.

1351063556_ScreenShot2019-10-07at1_33_05PM.thumb.png.b3ea0d0c2f34ffb6f61501d743b05549.png

Later in the second half, I went to a tweak on Cleon's W-M. Everyone is getting tired and we need a break on the intensity tactic.

Edited by Joey Numbaz

Ooh I like These. Those simple stats aren't very telling for what's going on in individual Matches (as Spurs vs Bayern has shown more recent), but here's my take/Interpretation.

The General lack of blocks Points to both Teams playing generally, more open Football (no parking bus Team here).

The shots are fairly evenly spread, and a cut above average, which supports this too.

Samewise for the shot/on target Ratio, which is realtively even on both Ends.

Now we get to the elephant in the room, which is the clear cut chances. Sorry, I ignore those. They are not a particularly good indication of Chance Quality, and won't be until SI take their actual calculactions into account, rather than have a subjective Argument whether a "Header" should Count as clear-cut or not (regardless of the Header in Question).

I'll go for 2-7, just like Spurs. :D

Here's a good thread from the past too. :)

1351063556_ScreenShot2019-10-07at1_33_05PM.thumb.png.b3ea0d0c2f34ffb6f61501d743b05549.png

Is this really Cleon's? A back three consisting of LB -- CB -- RB traditionally usually translates to a backline with channels in between the three Players that wide you could drive a truck through. In that case, I may have to reconsider the above (if the AI happened to field three Forwards, who Prior used to wreak havoc in those channels)…. :D  Like this (Team Orange 31 ----- 4 ------ 39) being said back three.

hFiL2gc.jpg

Edited by Svenc

You start with a very offensive tactic and switch to a more defensive one. That, to me, suggests you took the lead in the first half and felt comfortable defending it. So lets say 3-0 up at half time. You then got battered playing more defensively and Newcastle took a 4-3 lead. So you go back to being more offensive and scored two goals. 5-4. Then Newcastle sneak a late equaliser. 5-5.

This is likely miles off, but I wanted to see an interesting game. Also 6 CCCs created suggest Everton were being carved open at some point in this match. And the lack of blocked shots tells me either most shots were good shots, or the defense decided not to come out to play at all. Hence the high score.

That or it was 0-0 and both goalkeepers got a 9.9 rating.

So this was kind of crazy.

Like I said I rested most of my starters. It was the last game of the season, and I clinched the league a week earlier. I've got the FA Cup Final coming in 6 days, and the Champions League Final a week after that. The big guns got some R-n-R.

Players on the bench included Mbappé, Dolberg, Richarlison, Tonali, Aouar, Digne, Upamecano, Ajer, Gravenberch.

Chalk, Gabay, Knibbs, de la Torre, Gladrow, Kaiku are all 18-20 years old. Good players, but not world class - yet.

So the game started off well enough, Lookman scored at 7' for us. Then an own goal at 15' made it 2-0 and Pellegri punched one in at 18' for a 3-0 lead. That goal cost me £500K as it was his 20th of the season, but I digress. This is why my players love me.

Pickford saved a penalty at 30' to keep the clean sheet. He was playing to win the golden glove - he had a 21-20 lead over Allison for the clean sheet title.

Then the 18 year old wonderkid RW Chris Chalk scores goals at 35' and 38' - 5-0 good guys! What a cap to the season.

So at halftime I tweak some things, go to what I think is more conservative. We give up two goals in 5 minutes (46' and 51'). Bummed on the no clean sheet. But he won anyway. Liverpool didn't even play Allison.

So at the point I switch the W-M. From there the flood gates open again! Chalk scores at 53', Davies at 70', Cox 71', Chalk again, his 4th of the game! at 72'.

Gladrow punches home a direct free kick at 82' because why not?

I won the game 10-2. Despite being out CCC'd 6-1, Outshot 18-17, out cornered 12-4. It was just crazy.

It broke the league record for highest scoring match. We missed breaking City's 9-0 thrashing of Ipswitch in 1995 for the biggest win just barely.

Edited by Joey Numbaz

1 hour ago, Joey Numbaz said:

I won the game 10-2. Despite being out CCC'd 6-1, Outshot 18-17, out cornered 12-4. It was just crazy.

As argued, I don't really rate CCCs (and neither should this game's playerbase imo… :D), but well done. :thup:

What were the Goals like? That WM Formation is Kind of unorthodox, with both WBs pushing Forward too. As the AI is limited, it's possible that every time you went Forward, you were gifted Acres of space. As argued, I've seen somebody playing similar in a Prior release. However, he didn't have one of the DMs in front of the CB sitting back. He pushed up both. In a first tie of an Italian Cup, the AI was hopelessly overloaded 7-0. In the return tie it switched to ist prefered attacking Formation. Not because it figured that specific formation may wreak havoc. But because the AI figured it needed to do "something", e.g. switching to ist prefered attacking formation to get back into the tie somehow. This attacking formation happened to involve aforementioned 3 Forwards...….. 1-8 in the return leg, the guy was out (that's not made up, btw). :D 

q28kevo7.png

Then again, could be a case of just every other shot flying in. :D 

edit: Oops, it was 5-0 at HT already, so the unorthodox WM didnt' Play that much of a role.

Edited by Svenc

1 hour ago, Joey Numbaz said:

It broke the league record for highest scoring match. We missed breaking City's 9-0 thrashing of Ipswitch in 1995 for the biggest win just barely.

How to upset all of Manchester in one sentence... and all the towns where United fans live.

United won 9-0 against Ipswich in '95, not City lol.

One crazy game though.

4 hours ago, Svenc said:

What were the Goals like?

First goal Lookman - throw in about 10 yards from the corner stick. It's headed out from the corner of the goal area, where Davies wins it and blows by Jonjo Shelvey into the area. He passes across the box to Lookman who blasts it across the goal into the top right corner.

Then an own goal. Long shot that hits the post and then bounces in off the keeper's back.

Third goal, short pass from the top of the area to the running Pellegri and he fires it in from between the penalty arc and penalty spot.

Pickford saved a penalty - one clear cut chance.

Fourth goal, cross, headed out, and the AMR at the top of the box great long shot into the top corner.

Fifth goal, deep free kick, perfectly placed and the AMR heads in.

Newcastle's first, great curling far post cross and the DR (Tonali, who is still learning the DR position) just got abused. This was one of their clear cut chances.

Their second, a beautiful through ball and the AMC just blew right past the CBs, great powerful finish. Also a CCC.

Sixth goal, on the counter, wide open field with the AMR in acres of space and a beautiful deep cross from the DL. AMR nice finish, but it was just he and the keeper.

Then the three goals in 3 minutes:

1 - ball pops out of a scrum outside the area and a great long shot from Davies.

2 - another counter, DR cuts inside, dribbles in lots of space nice through ball to wide open AML in the area and nice finish.

3 - another cross field cross, AML running, hits the AMR who dribbles across the box and finishes great.

Last goal was the a direct free kick.

Man, it was so wide open and fun.

Another CCC from Newcastle hit the post. One was a cross field pass taken at the top of the box that could have easily been put in the net. Nice save from Pickford.

Their other CCC was a far post cross that Pickford saved. All of their CCCs were really good chances.

Pickford had an 8.6 rating despite giving up 2 goals!

4 hours ago, Svenc said:

However, he didn't have one of the DMs in front of the CB sitting back. He pushed up both.

Cleon played with an Anchor Man where I have the DLP. So had both DBs playing pretty conservatively. My DLP options are all pretty good defenders as well, and when protecting a lead I often switch him back.

Edited by Joey Numbaz