Still having problems authenticating?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be consistent in your entry - pick either all O or 0 and all 1 or I...

I have the exact same problem. I'm being consistent and I've tried writing the figures as 1 and as i and used both o and 0 (both capitals and small letters) and I still get the error [-1003] and the message telling me to go to SIGames and buy a new activation code... Any thoughts Admin????

I have deleted uninstalled the game, and deleted the content, but nothing happened. The other method does not work for me. Don' know if its only for wista users.

So you uninstalled, deleted the certs and then reinstalled? What message did you get on the Activation Screen?

I have the exact same problem. I'm being consistent and I've tried writing the figures as 1 and as i and used both o and 0 (both capitals and small letters) and I still get the error [-1003] and the message telling me to go to SIGames and buy a new activation code... Any thoughts Admin????

PM me and I'll assist

'We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com. '

Yes I already did what the other post says and it fixes officially nothing.

Why did you ever add this horrendous activation to the game anyway.

Steam is perfectly capable of handling that itself.

Fail.

Would appreciate an e-mail if anyone ever deletes the stupid activation from the game.

Already activated means you need to uninstall the certificates and reactive.

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Reactivate the game

Tried that, and still not working.

i need help

i tried to install the game chose unilock but i dont think it worked right because nothing happened it just went through the steps and when it came to install complete i got the blue screen of death when my computer reloaded the game had installed and there was a link on my computer clicked on it blue screen of death again, tried to uninstall it and got the blue screen of death again

i have no idea what to do, someone please help?

I was on it last night and it crashed, so when i went back on i had the 'key in use problem'. to cut a long (!) story short for some reason i then managed to play the game without needing to go through soft anchor, this morning i had a go, no soft anchor screen, straight to menu whereupon my saved game 'could not be loaded' the game crashed and now i'm back to soft anchor again and can't get passed it. My key IS valid, i have PLAYED the game and now i'm back to the start again

I have looked in my directory (I'm on Vista) and i have NO certificate files!!!!

What the hell do i do now! Starting to get a tad annoyed here...

Downloaded from Steam eventually last night. I don't think I have been able to install yet. When I click launch from within Steam I get a Vista message saying Football Manager 2009 has stopped working. STOPPED? It never actually started! Oh how I wish I had an error code I could quote or a meaningful error message. What I am supposed to do?

Delete all of the certificates and reactivate please.

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Reactivate the game

Hi - yeah, please follow the instructions below, if you get the 'are not connected' message:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568

thanks for tryin to help but this done nothing at all,it brought me onto the softanchor website but I need a username and password to access it

I have activated it on my laptop , when i try to activate it on my computer this happens

'We're sorry but this installation of Football Manager 2009 certificate could not be activated for the following reason: The application was unable to connect to the internet. Please check your connection. For help please visit http://www.sigames.com. '

I have not got a certificate to delete, and i have disabled my firewall and still no luck. Im using windows xp

Help Please been trying since 7.00pm last night and still no luck just can't get my keycode to reconise it not even finding it in the key recongniction program. Dunno what to do i've tried all the 1 and i's and o and 0's and still nothing. i'm gutted really really wanna get going on this now. im fed up help please

Hi

I have installed, gone to the soft anchor and put in my code - it then comes up with a message saying it has activited but then nothing happens when I click ok.

If I try to run it again (from either the exe or steam) I get the soft anchor screen and the same thing happens again.

Two hours trying this but it never loads.

Thanks

Derek

I don't understand what this "softanchor" is all about. I put in the disk, went through the first installation process and made a steam account and now it says i have to put in my product code into the five boxes. I have been trying this for hours and i still get the message, "Steam server is unavailable, Your computer is either unable to reach the Steam servers, or the service ay be temporarily disabled. Please try again later".

Am i doing something wrong?

This whole activation takes the p*ss and I can't even get through on phones - I feel like sending this stupid thing back with a lump of concrete attached - never had a problem and I have every CM - FM game so far - this is taking the micky out of proper paying customers - my mate already has a hacked copy and he is ****ing himself laughing while he plays the game for free and I despite paying £30 still can't get on - SEGA SORT IT BLOODY OUT I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR NEARLY 20 HOURS TO PLAY !!!!!!!!!!

muzchap,

i have fm 09 installed onto steam and status is 100% ready i click launch and a box comes up saying preparing to launch fm 09 and then the box disapears.others have posted the same problem but no solution has been given

That's a STEAM issue - can you please raise as a technical issue with them :(

PM me with your ticket number if you get nowhere with them, I'll see if I can help speed up

This whole activation takes the p*ss and I can't even get through on phones - I feel like sending this stupid thing back with a lump of concrete attached - never had a problem and I have every CM - FM game so far - this is taking the micky out of proper paying customers - my mate already has a hacked copy and he is ****ing himself laughing while he plays the game for free and I despite paying £30 still can't get on - SEGA SORT IT BLOODY OUT I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR NEARLY 20 HOURS TO PLAY !!!!!!!!!!

Please keep trying on the phones

After my failed attempt to install the game on my first computer i tried it on my other one and it has worked

i have gotten to the part where i need to enter a product key on softanchor

can someone please tell me how i find my product key? i click on the how to find you product key and it just came to the SI site

After my failed attempt to install the game on my first computer i tried it on my other one and it has worked

i have gotten to the part where i need to enter a product key on softanchor

can someone please tell me how i find my product key? i click on the how to find you product key and it just came to the SI site

Its on the back of your instruction manual!

jimi m are you authenticating via steam?
Have you opened steam, gone to games "Activate a product on steam" then put in your code?

This will then download the game.

Getting it then working is the part I am stuck on!

Yeah iv got that done Im stuck on that soft anchor thing error 821,dont know what to do

Yeah iv got that done Im stuck on that soft anchor thing error 821,dont know what to do

try deleting this directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate on XP and/or

C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate on Vista

Archived