Still having problems authenticating?

Yesterday evening I managed to play the game.

Now I'm back from work and want to play again.

After filling in the bloody code again, it tells me that the code is already active and I need to buy a new one.

I'm using the steam thingie.

Also, I tried several options, like making a shortcut. Nothing seems to work.

What should I do?

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My friend woke up at 8am yesterday and went and bought it.

I sat there while it updated Steam and I had to type in the key like 3 times.

Anyway, it does not authenticate, we've been trying for like 24 hours every 20 mins.

It says "internet not connected" in the stupid auth window.

Which is complete rubbish cause Steam works - and the key is FINE - I pasted it off Steam "Copy CDKEY" thing.

Now, after having a broken FMLive account for 3 months with no fix, witnessing this just makes me laugh.

My friend paid good money to play it.

This just proves why you should pirate games. People who get up early and pay good money have to go through RUBBISH authentication procedures which DONT EVEN WORK ---- while people who pirated the game are playing and enjoying themselves.

Sort it out or I will tell him to download it for free. At least then he will get to play it.

Excuse my tone but after having a broken FMLive Account for like 3 months I have already witnessed your previous fail over simple server issues first hand.

2 occasions now where it's been obvious to see the SEGA Servers not up to scratch (after 2 FMLive gameworlds managed to delete themselves... hmm yes)

This will resolve your issues http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568

I've been through phone activation too now, and it told me (like online activation) that it was successful. But when I try to start FM again, softanchor appears again....

Do you get any error messages? If so please list them it will help us diagnose.

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

Thanks for the fast response.

If I uninstall, delete the content of the map and reboot.

Do I need to re-install it via Steam again or can I do the other option?

Hi I just went right through the phone line and it was succesful but when I click the icon to play it the Soft Anchor page comes up "your trial period has expired".

I thought I had finally done it but no.

Anyone at SI or SEGA advise me on this?

I have tried this, but the link takes me to a log in screen, when I use the log in and password provided I get taken to a site which doesn't seem to be linked to that walkthrough at all.

If you are getting the 'Not connected' message - going to that site 'should' generate an error in the browser and allow you to fix.

You do not need to login - you just need to ensure your pc can see the HTTPS zone

Perhaps this link might be less confusing: http://www.thebitguru.com/articles/13-Importing%2520a%2520Trusted%2520Root%2520Certification%2520Authority%2520in%2520Windows%2520Vista/188-Installing%2520the%2520Certificate

Please let me know how you get on

Hi I just went right through the phone line and it was succesful but when I click the icon to play it the Soft Anchor page comes up "your trial period has expired".

I thought I had finally done it but no.

Anyone at SI or SEGA advise me on this?

I rang up aswell and activated it and it still doesnt work, ive also did that thing with the certificates and still nothing

Ok, this may seem a stupid question but i have tried to check my keycode and i keep getting the same message "unable to find your key - please note the difference between o and 0"

is someone able to explain what i should do because this seems to be no help as if i knew the difference i would not have been checking it in the first place.

i keep getting a error code 51 and says that i need to get another key from sigames !!

i had a lil look around this site and found one option to hopefully solve this=

uninstall game

go to c:program data/sports interactive/ football manager 2009 certificate

delete all content

restart computer

install game

and shouldnt ask for any other key apart from the one you have!

this is for vista

only thing is i have uninstalled the game but i am having truoble locating the program data on c: ???

can any one help ???

i keep getting a error code 51 and says that i need to get another key from sigames !!

i had a lil look around this site and found one option to hopefully solve this=

uninstall game

go to c:program data/sports interactive/ football manager 2009 certificate

delete all content

restart computer

install game

and shouldnt ask for any other key apart from the one you have!

this is for vista

only thing is i have uninstalled the game but i am having truoble locating the program data on c: ???

can any one help ???

Shorty

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Ok, this may seem a stupid question but i have tried to check my keycode and i keep getting the same message "unable to find your key - please note the difference between o and 0"

is someone able to explain what i should do because this seems to be no help as if i knew the difference i would not have been checking it in the first place.

Be consistent in your entry - pick either all O or 0 and all 1 or I...

If you are getting the 'Not connected' message - going to that site 'should' generate an error in the browser and allow you to fix.

You do not need to login - you just need to ensure your pc can see the HTTPS zone

Perhaps this link might be less confusing: http://www.thebitguru.com/articles/13-Importing%2520a%2520Trusted%2520Root%2520Certification%2520Authority%2520in%2520Windows%2520Vista/188-Installing%2520the%2520Certificate

Please let me know how you get on

Still having problems, have just sent you a PM.

Could we please have some clarification on phone activation from admin peeps, does upper and lower case make a difference?? If its so hard to tell what the digits are on our manuals maybe they have the wrong numbers at there end?? If the code i've put in makes it past the first two stages how come its wrong for the third?? Is it worth carrying on trying now or should i just forget it and leave it till later?? Why is it such a long activation process on the phone, its insane, 8 16 digit codes which are all repeated back to you!

What do you want me to screenshot? "Already activated screen"? Or the "Activation successful" screen?

Thanks for your help btw.

Already activated means you need to uninstall the certificates and reactive.

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Reactivate the game

Muzcahp am getting confused can you help me please. When i am going to BitGuru site am getting asfar as the browse to find certificate within the Certificate Import Wizard, what file is it i am looking for here and where will i find it?

Hi did you try this first? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568 that should fix the problem initially, only users experiencing issues with that should use the second link - you need to import the server security certificate into your client.

Hmmm is it suppose to tell you to activate so many times? Would have thought it was 1 activation and that's it?

It is - but we had some problems last night and some of the activations were corrupted, hence asking you to reactivate.

Delete the certificates and reactivate and ALL will be fine

Oh I get past the authenticating bit.....get into the game then it crashes!!!!!!!!!!

My Comp is only 6 months old......well within spec....

But I get messages like

"there were errors in the installation"

Try installing through STEAM, I get up to 26% installation and get told " Access not allowed"

And so on

THIS IS RUBBISH!

:mad:

error 821 please

Delete all of the certificates and reactivate please.

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Reactivate the game

Oh I get past the authenticating bit.....get into the game then it crashes!!!!!!!!!!

My Comp is only 6 months old......well within spec....

But I get messages like

"there were errors in the installation"

Try installing through STEAM, I get up to 26% installation and get told " Access not allowed"

And so on

THIS IS RUBBISH!

:mad:

An error in installation is exactly what it says - can you try the non-Steam route - select Uniloc, if you still get errors, maybe you have a faulty disc.

PM me - I'll give you a ring

i have done im off to work in a second tho. ive basically installed it using steam and the other option and both came up with could not connect to internet, so i tried the phone option and it said it was activated but it turns out that it obviously wasnt, ive tried using that link to sort out the certificates and still nothing. any other ideas on what could be up?

From BitGuru: "This will start the Certificate Import Wizard. Read through the first screen if you want and then click the next button. On the next screen click Browse, locate the certificate that you saved previously and click the next button again.

The next step will allow you choose the certificate store where you want the certificate saved, and this is the important part. I have tried several work flows to figure out where the certificate ends up if you let Windows automatically choose the store but it is never in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities. So, instead of letting Windows automatically choose this we are going to tell it where to put the certificate. Click the “Place all certificates in the following store” radio button and then click the browse button."

But what certificate am i looking for?

From BitGuru: "This will start the Certificate Import Wizard. Read through the first screen if you want and then click the next button. On the next screen click Browse, locate the certificate that you saved previously and click the next button again.

The next step will allow you choose the certificate store where you want the certificate saved, and this is the important part. I have tried several work flows to figure out where the certificate ends up if you let Windows automatically choose the store but it is never in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities. So, instead of letting Windows automatically choose this we are going to tell it where to put the certificate. Click the “Place all certificates in the following store” radio button and then click the browse button."

But what certificate am i looking for?

Ok - please try this method first - if you are able to see the HTTPS site you should be fine:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568

You'll also need to delete the certificates:

1) Please navigate to the following directory:

2) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

3) Delete all content

4) Reboot the machine

5) Reactivate the game

STILL getting error [-821] when trying to activate through SoftAnchor.

When trying to launch through Steam it just says 'the game is unavailable'.

Has done both these since yesterday afternoon now!

Please delete your certificates:

3) Delete all content

4) Reboot the machine

5) Reactivate the game

Ok - please try this method first - if you are able to see the HTTPS site you should be fine:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=62568

You'll also need to delete the certificates:

3) Delete all content

4) Reboot the machine

5) Reactivate the game

I have deleted uninstalled the game, and deleted the content, but nothing happened. The other method does not work for me. Don' know if its only for wista users.

Archived