Air Miles Man - Back to Civilisation

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8bf36084c6213fe1b467169e7d0e7880.png

A decent month from, we opened up with a loss against then 2nd place Stuttgart, and we fell out of the Champions League, however we did recover in the league with astute defensive performance and the odd goal up front to win the games.

80b636c934f7f71b2d66bf53b27a3954.png

We are top by 3 points, and it's still Gladbach behind us, Dortmund have recovered by Bayern Munich having sacked the manager are absolutely nowhere.

c57361c1e8d46bada7efc65490c74f50.png

We open up the cheque book for what looks like a serious prospect for the future. The DoF was willing to meet his £5.5m release clause fee and I can see why. Gunter Bargfrede leaves Werder Bremen and joins our ranks. It's probably a little early to expect him to force his way into the first team but he will be in it one day I am sure.

ba17b8aff3f50204612d2457f1ffdd6e.png

Aymar Benteke is generally a good substitute for us in central midfield, I was going to keep him but he kicked off when we batted away the initial offer from Guangzhou, but he kicked off. Then Watford came in for him but he decided he didn't want to go there and continued to moan, Guangzhou came back this time with an open offer and we negotiated a price I was comfortable with for him.

6 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Good luck in the Europa League. Bayern FC in 10th :lol:

Cheers. Yeah, Bayern Munich have been abysmal this season. They keep going through Chinese managers, which is either weird or considering it is 2049, might be actually quite predictive of the future.

ae04d4718b253ea3b294802a50a33f2e.png

A very good month after the winter break as we beat Dortmund to extend our league lead. No goals conceded showing our defensive fortitude.

5ec2cddf2a87caf1170ce75e3531407a.png

It's now a 10 point lead in the league, with Dortmund in 2nd. It can't be understated how bad a season Bayern Munich are having, sitting in 9th and now 18 points behind us in January.

49fdd6573d8c3cac5b2da2ddaa0f85c9.png

The first leg of 2nd Knockout Round between us and Tottenham in London was a mad affair as the game ended 4-4. We found ourselves 3-1 up and then 4-3 down before a late equaliser gave us parity. We probably only need a draw at home to go through.

ee282d706eb2d468c4d813ca7917b324.png

The month did see us crash out of Europe to Tottenham but a battering of RB Leipzig and advancement in the DFB Pokal made up for it somewhat.

dd79ba72ce62f236395e6c377cd018d2.png

I do not see us being stopped now on our procession to the title, 11 points ahead of Gladbach, 15 points ahead of Dortmund, 24 points ahead of Bayern this season, we are miles ahead of the rest of Germany at the moment.

e46aa865b1d6f3abb3970cbf78c9ec99.png

We confirmed another Bundesliga title with a 5-0 win at Gladbach and managed to get to the German Cup Final.

bab9d32423644527bba585be8f21fd51.png

The league has been a complete cakewalk to be completely fair, the usual challenge from Dortmund and Bayern did not materialize at all.

acbd79a02660cfeff463e16177b01f28.png

With the end of that season I think it is time to call time on this career story. We have achieved pretty much what see set out to do and having won a few trophies in Europe, we have pretty much done everything we set out to do.

Thanks to everyone who commented and who read the long journey.

I will likely be back with a new story and new concept some time soon.

Sergio Cordoba walks off into Wolfsburg sunset, perhaps he will go back to Fiji to lie on a beach.

The End

Wow!  What a career!  I have been skimming through this whole thread and it's been a very interesting read!  I like the concept of what you did, not sure I have the patience (or time) to go 30 seasons though.  Thanks for posting, I'll miss the updates.

2 hours ago, gcoard said:

Wow!  What a career!  I have been skimming through this whole thread and it's been a very interesting read!  I like the concept of what you did, not sure I have the patience (or time) to go 30 seasons though.  Thanks for posting, I'll miss the updates.

Thanks, well if anyone wants to try it for a career feel free, it certainly required quite a lot of patience.

1 hour ago, Northernpilgrim said:

Brilliant :) Bravo!

Thanks

57 minutes ago, ITFC_Blue said:

Wow, just spent the best part of 2 hours reading through all this. What a save, that was amazing. Loved the concept of the air miles! 

Thanks mate, as mentioned happy for anyone else to have a go at it and see how they get to Europe.

20 minutes ago, JonasAjax said:

Really nice career with a great build-up!

Thanks

8 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

Shame to see it end but I can understand why you have called time on it. Planning anything different to follow it up with? 

Thanks, yeah I have something in mind, probably will be start it either today or the coming days I reckon!

5 minutes ago, TerminalPortugal said:

Thanks mate, as mentioned happy for anyone else to have a go at it and see how they get to Europe.

I would be tempted, if

a) I thought I had the skill to pull it off, and

b) I understood the air miles calculation (as I didn't fully understand it if I'm honest, but regardless I loved the concept).

7 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

I would be tempted, if

a) I thought I had the skill to pull it off, and

b) I understood the air miles calculation (as I didn't fully understand it if I'm honest, but regardless I loved the concept).

So it is simply 3 (base points you get that for a win) x FIFA World Ranking (See first page) x Trophy Modifier (1 for not no trophies, 2 for if you won a trophy in the season) x Short League Modifier (if you played under 30 games) which is 30/number of games played = air miles per win and you multiply this by the number of your wins. Think all the rules are on the first page, The only thing I changed on the fly was the base points, as I started with 1 and it was taking way too long.

8 minutes ago, TerminalPortugal said:

So it is simply 3 (base points you get that for a win) x FIFA World Ranking (See first page) x Trophy Modifier (1 for not no trophies, 2 for if you won a trophy in the season) x Short League Modifier (if you played under 30 games) which is 30/number of games played = air miles per win and you multiply this by the number of your wins. Think all the rules are on the first page, The only thing I changed on the fly was the base points, as I started with 1 and it was taking way too long.

Ah cool, thanks.

So, how did you do the map thing where you worked out how you could travel to?  I assuming using Google Maps or something similar.

Just now, kevhamster said:

Ah cool, thanks.

So, how did you do the map thing where you worked out how you could travel to?  I assuming using Google Maps or something similar.

Another chap asked before, but basically there is a website - https://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-circle-tool.php

You input the address of the stadium of the club you are at and then just put in the miles range in the radius box and it calculates it all for you.

Just now, TerminalPortugal said:

Another chap asked before, but basically there is a website - https://www.mapdevelopers.com/draw-circle-tool.php

You input the address of the stadium of the club you are at and then just put in the miles range in the radius box and it calculates it all for you.

That's really cool, thanks.

Did you use instant result at all?  Just wondering as you've cracked through 30 seasons in the length of time it's taken me to get through two!!

12 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

That's really cool, thanks.

Did you use instant result at all?  Just wondering as you've cracked through 30 seasons in the length of time it's taken me to get through two!!

Yeah for some of it, big games I would play on commentary only, probably 50/50 between the two. There was a stage in Fiji, where I had to really assess the tactics where I went to extended for some friendlies etc, but once we got it right, there was only need for some minor tweaking every now and then.

2 minutes ago, TerminalPortugal said:

Yeah for some of it, big games I would play on commentary only, probably 50/50 between the two. There was a stage in Fiji, where I had to really assess the tactics where I went to extended for some friendlies etc, but once we got it right, there was only need for some minor tweaking every now and then.

Cool, thanks.  I may well do something like this as a second save for when I want to do something a bit different from my current career save.

Which database did you use?  I'm assuming it was a custom one as you've managed teams in Fiji!

Archived