The Pentagon Youth Challenge - Tequila Mockingbird

B.W.G

March 2023

Fixtures

JWR3YVS.png?1

League Table

oGYjp3l.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

In normal circumstances I would say that this wasn't a great month as we picked up five points but we have actually gained four points on Zamalek even if we have played a game more than them so we are actually fighting it out for third place which would be brilliant.As for the games themselves,failed to convert chances after taking the lead cost us against Al,a thriller for the neutrals then followed as we beat Al-Gaish 5-3 (Hard to think this was 1-0 at half time!) before we escaped with a point against Smouha as a late equalizer from Mohsen saved us from a loss.Very close at the moment but we still have to play Zamalek and Pyramids!

Three more games in April as we play Wadi Degla,Masr El Makasa and Zamalek.Think we have to play much better against Wadi Degla as we somehow escaped with a win last time despite having 5 shots.Masr El Makasa are pretty much safe so we should beat them fairly comfortably as they are not a good team.Zamalek is a high pressure game as we need a positive result to try and keep Pyramids behind us but if we can win then there is the possibility we could rob third which is a automatic place into the Confederation Cup.My dream aim is to win all three,realistically we should be aiming for six points and hope Pyramids don't capitalize on us losing to Zamalek.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

April 2033

Fixtures

mO4eAKF.png?1

League Table

CfwYiiI.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

An amazing month as we picked up seven points and we secured a top four finish as Pyramids dropped points against Zamalek (lost 4-0) and Wadi Degla (drew 0-0).In our games,we also drew against Wadi Degla as a very late equalizer from Nader Mostafa saw us steal a point from under their noses.We had a very easy victory over Masr El-Makasa as we won 4-1 which wasn't a surprise as they are a poor team.The shocking result was the 3-1 victory against Zamalek in front of 43,478,we did outperform them but we didn't really take advantage till they went down to ten men,if they finished their chances before going down to ten men then things would have been completely different.

One game left to play in May and it is against Pyramids.Pyramids even though they can't catch us in the league can completely screw us over.If Pyramids win the Egyptian Cup then they get the African Confederation Cup spot instead of 4th place,if that happens then we have to equal or better Zamalek's result to ensure we get third,if Zamalek better our result and Pyramids beat us then we will miss out.Talk about a mess!

May 2023

Fixtures

jpdDhsb.png?1

League Table

XPzxSEH.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I hate Pyramids!

For the match itself,we were slightly the better team but an own goal settled the game which makes it even worse.This result along with Pyramids winning the Egyptian Cup means we lost out on a African Confederation Cup spot.

I also hate Al-Ahly for losing the final.

End of season update to come before we move onto the new season.

Edited by B.W.G

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - End of Season - 2022/23

Season Review

Transfers - Released

One retired and eleven released as they had no future and were taking up valuable spots.Two out on loan who will probably leaving next season,two sold for just short of £48k,I decided to cash in as they had a year left on their contract.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

Competitions

Egyptian Premier League - 4th Place

7Rp6Op8.png?1

An excellent first season as we finished 4th place in our first season in top flight.I am still gutted that we missed out on a African Confederation Cup spot due to Pyramids winning the Egyptian Cup.We actually beat the previous record of 75 goals (set by Pyramids twice) but unfortunately,despite scoring 95,Al-Ahly scored 99 as they ran away with the title.We're going to have to wait to challenge for the title but even then it will be extremely difficult to overthrow them.

Egyptian Cup - Quarter-Finals

Z7k4MgA.png?1

We beat El Gouna (3-1),Negmet Sinai (5-0),Abu Qir Fertilizers Club (3-1 AET) and Tanta (3-1) en-route to the Quarter-Finals.As for the quarter finals,we were up against it from the 26th minute as we were reduced to ten men,we tried our best after that but we fell short as we lost 5-3.Pyramids would go on to win the competition.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

Players Stats 1 - Player Stats 2

Adel Samir

Ahmed Sohby

Aala Aly

Manager's Thoughts

Excellent first season as we came in fourth which was a fantastic first season in top flight even if we did miss out because of a certain team who have quickly entered my top two hated teams for this save.We have a long way to go to catch Al-Ahly as our defence isn't developing as quickly as my attackers so that is bit of a weird one.We did manage to up our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment before the season started,we also upped our training facilities which probably gave a small boost to training.The training facilities will be upgraded again so they will probably be rated at 1.5* when finished.Going to aim for a top four finish again next season,I also want to get past the quarter finals of the Egyptian Cup but that is dependant on the draw.

On the financial side of things,we are currently sat at £1.5 million which is brilliant as I will be putting all that into future facility upgrades.We will also have two new sponsors coming in June for the Main Kit and Additional Kit Sponsor,the deal was just over £100k but that was when we were a regional team,we are now national so we should see a rise in that.We had our highest average attendance this season with it sat at 1601,we had a good season so hopefully it will increase for the new season.Will probably look to see if we can buy the stadium at some point as it is owned by the council,if we can't then it could benefit us more to build a new stadium as I'm not to sure about the expansion potential of the ground.

Got to admit,the future is looking pretty damn good!                                                      

Season        League	    Position     Cup	  Continental	  TF	   YF          JC	   YR         Avg.Att
2018/19	   Third Division     1st     3rd Round	     N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        268
2019/20   Second Division     2nd     4th Round      N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        462
2020/21   Second Division     2nd      Quarters      N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        492
2021/22   Second Division     1st     5th Round      N/A         Poor     Poor       Minimal     Limited        541
2022/23   Premier League      4th      Quarters      N/A         Basic    Poor       F.Basic      Basic        1601

Edited by B.W.G

pbacf5y.png?1

xxNVu4G.png?1

This chairman is awesome,he hasn't sold anyone over my head (yet) and is willing to upgrade facilities and coaching with no hassle what so ever.Junior Coaching is now average while Youth Recruitment sits at Fairly Basic.

Edited by B.W.G

OjQCLIw.png?1

A nice little increase of £79k from the previous sponsorship deals.However,I have noticed a little mistake in the article,it mentions that the two year deal is worth £130k per annum but when checking the sponsors,the deal is worth £66k per year,still a significant increase from the last sponsorship deal though.

Edited by B.W.G

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - Pre-Season - 2023/24

Season Preview - Competition Expectations

Transfers - Released

Three players released as they aren't good enough and I actually forgot they were still at the club.Hossam left the club on the loan as he wanted more game time so I promised him to find him a club to go on loan,to make it better,Tersana are a Premier League club.Abdel-Hakim was a the fourth choice keeper and worth £3k so I sold him for £20.5k and a 50% sell on clause on his next transfer.Alaa Mostafa will be leaving soon,we've accepted offers of £55k from Zamalek and £40k (add ons will take it to £82K) from Al-Ahly,he is one I don't really use as I don't use an AMC so I've decided to let him go.

Pre-Season Fixtures

awS1Apt.png?1

A easy pre-season to help keep morale up as well as get fitness back to the players.

The Team

Players 1 - Players 2

2uQcV6g.png?1

dXoj35m.png?1

W48VpUp.png?1

fJTwBZw.png?1

oJWTr6p.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The board expectations are in and they want a top half finish and a quarter final spot in the Egyptian Cup.My aim is the top four as I want a Confederation Cup spot,the media are expecting us to come 7th but I'm pretty confident that we can beat that.The players are starting to develop better and this will slightly speed up in November when the training facilities upgrade is finished,I will be looking to get them further developed straight after as our finances are pretty healthy and we have over a £1 million in the bank.I'm expecting a similar season to last season which means Al-Ahly will probably run away with it again,Zamalek will be in the top three again with the other places going to who ever is the more surprising team.

The biggest challenge this season will be keeping the team together.My striker partnership of Ibrahim and Sobhy could end up broken up if an offer too good to turn down comes in,both players are getting interest from teams in Europe and that is a massive problem as my third choice striker is nowhere near the level of these two.I'm surprised no one want my keeper or full backs as they are some of the best players in my team.I'm also not expecting to win the league this season as I need our DC's and MC's to develop better as they have been slow but we will give it our best shot at surprising everyone.I'd probably say we are 2-3 season from challenging for the title if we can keep our players together.Time to show last season wasn't a fluke.

Edited by B.W.G

CxO56rF.png?1

Oh cruel fate,why do you mock me?

Ibrahim had started like a house on fire with back to back hat-tricks against Al-Ahly and Petrojet then this happens.He won't be fully fit till October!

August 2023

Fixtures

MWAcL5e.png?1

League Table

W954zNk.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Normal me would be over the moon with how we have started,normal me would be ecstatic over the victory over Al-Ahly.Howver,this me is a stunned me due to Zamalek and Cheick Voli Bi turning into some sort of god mode,to make it worse,Zamalek only paid £8.5k for him!For ourselves,I was pleased with how we have started,the only game we dropped points was the Wadi Degla game in which I had to rotate the side as I had seven players lacking fitness from playing for Egypt B.Early signs show it could be a tight season but we'll see more after September.

September sees us play six games,five in the league and one in the cup.In the cup we face second division group 2 side Shabab Maghagha,I'm not risking anything with rotation so I will be going into that game with as strong squad as possible as my aim is progression.In the league we face Smouha,Haras El-Hodoud,Tersana,Arab Contractors and Ismaily.The one I will have to be careful in that lot is Arab Contractors who actually did the double over us last season.My aim in the league is ten points as that should keeps us with the title challengers.

Edited by B.W.G

September 2023

Fixtures

EJPxbe2.png?1

League Table

rgSmlEK.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Started off really well and ended it really poorly as we picked up seven points from fifteen in the league but we did progress in the cup.Started the month of with convincing wins against Smouha and Shabab Maghagha.I can honestly say we didn't deserve a point against Haras El-Hodoud as they were the better team,Tersana ended up being a tough game in attack for us as we struggled to break them down,took an injury time goal to put them away.We made a slow start in the Arab Contactors game,don't let the times I scored in fool you as we were 4-2 down after 14 minutes!We were really disappointing against Ismaily and to make it worse,we conceded in the 95th minute as we ended up losing.We really need to step it up as some of the performances were embarrassing.

Just the two games in October,we face Al-Masry in the league and Masr El-Masaka in the Egyptian Cup.Anything less than two wins is unacceptable as we cannot afford to fall to behind this early.I will not be treating Masr El-Masaka as an afterthought so I will be putting the strongest team possible out as I want to try and get past the quarter finals for the first time.

Edited by B.W.G

October 2023

Fixtures

o0hl7ry.png?1

League Table

UEj63nJ.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Met my aim of winning both games which was a relief as it moved us back into the top four.We had a bit of a crisis with our attack before the Al-Masry game as I had one striker out of six available for it (1 suspended,4 injured),thankfully my midfield provided the goals with my box to box midfielder netting two from distance.The game against Masr El-Masaka was close till injury time hit as it ended up flattering us,4-1 was a bit harsh on them as winning by two goals would have been more than enough as the scoreline doesn't reflect the game.

Four games in November which sees us play all four in the league.We will face El Gouna,ENPPI,Telephonant Beni Suef and Zamalek.Normally I'd be aiming for 9 points from those four games but due to circumstances,I am not convinced we can pick up nine points.This is because I will be missing seven players for the games against El Gouna and ENPI due to Egypt u23's calling them up for the  African u23 Cup of Nations.However if Egypt do progress quite far then the seven players could miss the Telephonant game as well which is extremely annoying,hopefully we won't do too badly despite that.

November 2023

Fixtures

VTOJPyH.png?1

League Table

4ac8sbp.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A mixed month with two wins and two losses,even when losing 7 players due to an international tournament,I feel that we should have had more but we were unfortunate.The two losses were both undeserved as we were actually the better team in both games,the ENPPI as you can see was more in our favour but we ended up losing 4-0 due to our attack being poor,the two wins saw a late goal against El Gouna to net us the win while 48,803 people saw us beat Zamalek 5-4 in a very thrilling game.As you can see it's a very open league so it could be any team in the top seven that could go on a massive winning run who will win the title.

December is a very busy month with seven games to play,we have one cup game and six league games.In the cup we face Tersana,this is a very winnable tie and I will be treating it seriously as this could be our best chance of silverware.In the league we face Al-Gaish,Al-Ahly,Masr El Makasa,Petrojet,Pyrmaids and El Dakhleya.We should be able to pick up maximum points against Al-Gaish,Masr El Makasa,and El Dakhleya.The games against Pyramids,Al-Ahly and Petrojet  will be tricky but if we can play to our best then we should be able to get results against them,I also want revenge against Pyramids due to the end of last season!My aim is progress in the cup and a minimum of twelve points in the league.

December 2023

Fixtures

tsLXeoU.png?1

League Table

7pE5Mwp.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The roller coaster season continues as we picked up fifteen points from eighteen and made progress in the cup which is excellent as I don't think we have enough to win the league.We've moved up to third place but it's still ridiculously close at the top of the table.The only time we dropped points was against a very good Al-Ahly side so no complaints there.My favourite match was the 1-0 victory over Pyramids,after the match,the manager got the sack (that's for May you ********!)Alaa Aly deserves so much credit that I can't give him enough,even though he isn't the best in regard to ability,he is the most consistent performer in the team,I originally thought he would be second choice at best but he has proven me completely wrong.

We kick off 2024 the same way we ended 2023,with a game against El Dakhleya.The only difference is that this is a cup game and I will be going all out for it as it's our best shot for silverware and we will be losing two of Zamalek,Pyramids and Haras El-Hodoud so that has increased our chances of winning the competition.In the league,we have games against Wadi Degla and Smouha,Wadi Degla will be a very difficult game as they are one of the teams right near us in the league,I'm also confident we will pick up maximum points against Smouha as we are stronger than them.My aim is progress in the cup and four points in the league as that will keep us in contention for an (unlikely) Champions League spot as well as in a Conferation Cup spot.

January 2024

Fixtures

tQdWJHf.png?1

League Table

8XGKZGf.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Plenty of good news this month as we kept up our unbeaten run which keeps us in a qualification place for a continental spot,we also made progress in the cup with an excellent 4-0 win over El Dakhleya.There was also a bit of bad news as I lost our first choice striker Ahmed Sohby for up to six weeks with a sports hernia after the Smouha game.We're going to need to keep this form up as one slip up will put us right back into the fight for third place.I don't  think we have the quality yet to challenge for the title,I will be pushing for the title from 2025/26 as that will give the players some time to develop further as at the moment,the backup are not really up to scratch yet as the majority of them are at 1.5* CA.

Two games in February as we face Qanah in the Egyptian Cup and Haras El-Hodoud in the league.We have struck lucky in the cup as Qanah are the second weakest team left in the competition,we now have a really good chance of winning the competition as the two biggest,Zamalek and Al-Ahly have drawn each other.Haras El-Hodoud will be a tricky game as they are a annoying team and can surprise pretty much anyone on their day.My aim is progress in the cup and at least a point in the league game.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - Youth Intake - 2023/24

The Intake

o8C4dLD.png?1

The Hot Prospects

H4Nb4Ti.png?1

XBOXptF.png?1

W6kbySA.png?1

8X8jfla.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not a bad intake as there are some players who will prove useful to us with a few years development.Fawzy,Galal and Abdel Ghany could make for good backup players in the future while El Sayedd will be joining up with the first team from next season as he is the third best striker in the entire team.I bought in a new Head of Youth Development at the beginning of the season who has a determined personality,we still have a lot of different personalities so it will be interesting to see if this will change in the coming seasons.

Edited by B.W.G

February 2024

Fixtures

4OotreI.png?1

League Table

dTen5ie.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect month with two wins from two.We easily beat Qanah 5-1 to move on to the Egyptian Cup semi-finals for the first time in my reign.We survived a late scare in the El-Hodoud match as we ran out 3-2 winners but we were clinging on at the end of the match.Not much has changed,we're still seven points behind the top two but they weren't my aim anyway,we are in third and that will be amazing as that is an automatic Confederation Cup spot.We're not completely in the clear yet as we still have to face a number of teams near us so it will be pretty close till the end of the season.

March sees us play five games,four in the league and one in the cup.In the league we will face Tersana,Ismaily,Arab Contractors and Al-Masry.Two of these teams have actually beat us this season in Ismaily and Arab Contractors while we beat the other two so it will be quite a tough run for us.In the cup,we struck lucky again as we were drawn against Olympic Alexandria,they are the worse team left in the competition and have not beat us in seven attempts,the winners will face Zamalek or Wadi Degla in the final.My aim is eight points in the league and progression in the cup.

March 2024

Fixtures

tLkdisE.png?1

League Table

8CO5DIq.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Don't get me wrong,I am over the moon that we are still in third place in the league as that is the Automatic Spot for the confederation Cup but boy oh boy have my defence made me want to tear the rest of my hair out,we've already conceded more goals than we did for the entire of last season and we still have games to play.To put into perspective at how bad my defence as been,we made eight mistakes against Tersana,seven against Ismaily,two against Arab Contractors and seven against Al-Masr and we have been punished for them.Still we picked up six points but we are only three points ahead of 5th now.

Five games in April,one in the Egyptian Cup and four in the league.We kick the month off with the Egyptian Cup game,this was supposed to be in March but got rearranged due to internationals.The league games sees us play El Gouna,Telephonat Beni Suef,Zamalek and ENNPI.Other than the Zamalek game,these are all very winnable games and we should be picking up nine points minimum.My aim is to progress in the cup,pick up nine points and perform better defensively.

April 2024

Fixtures

HDmIQw7.png?1

League Table

8vIp7e4.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

An absolutely fantastic month as we won all five games and all of them in convincing fashion,even in the 2-1 win over Zamalek,we could have had more goals as we had twice as many shots they did.After the defensive disaster class which was March,I made some changes to player roles,the wing-backs are gone and I'm using inverted wing-backs,in central midfield,I was using BBM-DLP,that is now BBM-BBM.I've made some changes in attack,the inside forward role is now a winger role and up front is two AF's instead one of advanced forward and a poacher.Overall I'm very happy,picked up maximum points,progressed to the cup final,scored 19 goals and conceded 4.

Into the last month of the season and we play four games,the Egyptian Cup final and three league games.In the cup final,we will face Zamalek in the final which means third and fourth will qualify for the Confederation Cup as 5th place can't catch us so we will be go on a African adventure next season.In the league we will face Al-Gaish,Pyramids and Masr El-Masaka.Pyramids will be the trickier of the three but they have been under performing  this season so I don't see why we can't finish off the season on a high.I would like to win the cup but even if I don't then there is always next season.

Edited by B.W.G

Coca Cola FC aren't doing too well,they were relegated from the second division in 21/22.Finished 2nd in their first season in Division 3 but won't be able to finish higher than 7th this season.

“Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.” 

You're probably thinking,why has he done this post.Well the cup is over and in the Cup review their was a team called Ceramica Cleopatra FC so I was curious to how a team I've never come across managed to make it as the competitions biggest under achievers.

When I took a look at them,I found out I could have a very big problem in the future.

6zRJVcL.png?1ahwghCI.png?1

They are a second division team,to put it into comparison, these are mine.

a8ATCFa.png?1keVXDXI.png?1

To make it worse when I was looking into why they have so much money,I checked their landmarks to see if there had been a takeover,only to find they have never had a takeover.If they ever get out of the second division then they could be a massive thorn in my side.

May 2024

Fixtures

rSSSM6o.png?1

League Table

EIyxNGC.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Another perfect month as we won all four games which took us to 9 wins in a row so that was a brilliant achievement.The cup final was a nail biter but brilliant for the neutrals,it ended with Zamalek missing a penalty in injury time much to my relief.In the league we had had a mini achievement as the team who put the final nail in Masr El Makasa's coffin as we beat them in the final game of the season to send them down.Can't believe Al-Ahly stole the crown for top goal scorers right from under my nose as they scored sixteen in the last two games!This month saw my status hit iconic levels thanks to the cup win,I then got granted a training facility upgrade.

End of season review to follow then onto to season 7.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - End of Season - 2023/24

Season Review

Transfers - Released

As it turns out,I have come across Cermica Cleopatra before as it turns out I sold a player to them!Two players sold for an initial fee of £60.5k with a future possibility of £24k from clauses in the Mostafa transfer.Two out on loan for development purposes as I think first team action will give them a bit of a boost but we'll see when they come back.Three released,two found clubs and one ended up retiring.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2

Competitions

Egyptian Premier League - 3rd Place

z2WKD1Q.png?1

Improved finish of 3rd placed compared to last seasons 4th place,scored two more goals than last season but we conceded ten more than last season.I'm slightly happy with the improvement with the attack,my defence on the other hand was infuriating as they would do well then do appalling in other bits (go see November and March for appalling!).All I can do is wait for the players to develop which will probably coincide with the facility upgrades before I can challenge Al-Ahly properly,I'd say it will probably take 2-3 seasons before we will challenging properly for the title.

Egyptian Cup - Winners

qjDjcKR.png?1

We had a very easy run en-route to the final,we beat Shabab Maghagha,Masr El-Makasa,Tersana,El Dakhleya,Qanah and Olympic Alexandria.(None of these teams exactly scream challenge!)As for the final itself,it was a game for the neutrals as it was a thrilling affair which was topped off with a injury time penalty miss from Zamalek as we edged past them to claim our first Egyptian Cup.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Ibrahim Ibrahim

Alaa Aly

Ahmed Sobhy

Ibrahim Younes

Manager's Thoughts

A mixed season overall with regards to player performance but competition performance was brilliant as we improved on last season and we qualified for the African Confederation Cup.The attack was brilliant as we had the second best in the league (mainly thanks to Al-Ahly's 11-0 win!) but defensively,we were in the bottom half for goals conceded which needs to improve if we are to challenge for the title in future.We have the players to do this but they still need to develop as they are very young so this will improve in the future.I am looking forward to competitions next year as with having more games due to the Confederation Cup,we will then get to see how the players do with more games being played.

On the financial side of things,things are looking great as we currently have £2.8 million in the bank,we are also guaranteed to have a new sponsorship deal as the main kit deal runs out in June.Training and Youth facilities are currently being upgraded and will be ready in October 2024,the training facility should be at an adequate level when upgraded while the youth facility should be Below Average when upgraded.I will be asking for another junior coaching and youth recruitment upgrade in July which we'll probably get as the board doesn't mind giving them out.No need to worry about the stadium yet as we averaged at 2,118 so it's just a little over 21% capacity used for the stadium so it will be a long while before we are filling it regularly.Things are looking up so roll on next season!

Season        League	    Position     Cup	  Continental	  TF	       YF          JC	        YR         Avg.Att
2018/19	   Third Division     1st     3rd Round	     N/A         Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        268
2019/20   Second Division     2nd     4th Round      N/A         Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        462
2020/21   Second Division     2nd      Quarters      N/A         Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        492
2021/22   Second Division     1st     5th Round      N/A         Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        541
2022/23   Premier League      4th      Quarters      N/A         Basic        Poor       F.Basic       Basic        1601
2023/24   Premier League      3rd      Winners       N/A       B.Average      Basic      Average      F.Basic       2118

Edited by B.W.G

KYl3ixH.png?1

Pretty much an improvement in every part with exception to Broadcast revenues where we made £19k less than the season before.Think we made that up in new sponsorship deals which is a positive although I don't think our prize money will be as high next season.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - Pre-Season - 2024/25

Transfers - Released

Seven players released as they were not good enough for the team,the first three I can't say I'm expecting to find a club while the last four sees one at a new club,one under a bid and the other two wanted.No loans yet due to the Olympics going on as that has left us a bit short,no permanent transfers yet as I am looking to offload one of my midfielders who enjoys missing training for a night out!

Pre-Season Fixtures

P7LfAS4.png?1

A more unique pre-season as I got try different players out due to the ongoing olympics which has left us without eight players.Definitely been given some things to think about with regards to the team.Other than that,these fixtures were used to get fitness back as well as keep morale higher.

The Team

Squad 1 - Squad 2

VFVn0IV.png?1

mwy5fJZ.png?1

YCzAJMh.png?1

1k2dX0S.png?1

PF2Fk7k.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Pressure has been turned up by the board this season as they want us around the top of the league,reach the semi final of the Egyptian Cup,the final of African Confederation Cup,the Egyptian Super Cup is the one they don't care about.With the extra games,we could potentially play 60 games so I've added Zac Ottley (DC),Ashraf Gamal (DM,MC) and Mohamed El Sayyed (ST) to the first team as we will need a bigger team this season.Not expecting to start the season off with a bang as I have eight players at the Olympics but I am not expecting them to be there too long as they have a difficult group so it will be about regaining fitness for them when they return.

On the developmental front,Junior Coaching is now at an adequate level while Youth Recruitment is at a Average level.The training and youth facilities will finish in January,hopefully I can get the board to further increase them as it will be beneficial for us to do so as it will help with development.Still don't need to do anything with the stadium as we are nowhere near filling the 10k capacity stadium although we are expected to sell around 1000 season tickets this season which is an increase from 513 last season so that is encouraging as this could mean a even bigger average attendance this season.

Time to get this roller coaster ride started!

Edited by B.W.G

August 2024

Fixtures

gx7fVAw.png?1

League Table

EKYX0Oz.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It wasn't too bad of a start as we picked up seven points from twelve as we beat Wadi Degla and Smouha but dropped points against Arab Contractors and Ismaily.The game against Arab Contractors was a poor case of finishing as we were by far the better team in other areas while the game against Ismaily was a credible draw as we played a large portion of the match with ten men so the boys deserve credit for rescuing a point despite having a man less.Going to have to step things up though as we don't want to fall too far behind.

Five games in September as we play four league games and one cup game.The cup game is against Al-Ahly in the Egyptian Super Cup,the board don't care about it but I want to win it as it is silverware.The league games see us play FC Masr,Petrojet,Zamalek and Haras El-Hodoud,we should beat FC Masr and Petrojet but it's anyone game in the Zamalek and Haras El-Hodoud matches as I know we can beat them but I also know they can beat us.My aim is win the Super Cup and get at least eight points in the league.I also have no idea what is going on in the Confederation Cup as no draws have been made and the draws keep getting pushed back,this didn't happen in testing and hasn't happened in earlier seasons so it's a bit weird.

September 2024

Fixtures

lraQ5HZ.png?1

League Table

gSqqrth.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A really good month as we picked up nine points in the league and won the Egyptian Super Cup.We haven't been performing brilliantly but to still pick up nine points was impressive as we moved into 4th place but it's still early days and it's very close at the moment as one slip up can mess things up.We were unlucky in the game against Zamalek as I feel a draw would have been a fair result as it was an even match but these things happen.As for the Egyptian Super Cup,it was the most comfortable 1-0 win you'll ever see as Al-Ahly actually fielded a second string side which I found insulting,it should have been 2-0 but I had one disallowed which I questioned and nothing was said.

October brings us six games (probably subject to change),two in the African Confederation Cup,one in the Egyptian Cup and three in the league.We kick off our Confderation Cup campaign with a double header against Congo side Diables Noirs,I don't have Congo loaded so I don't know what to expect off them.The Egyptian Cup was a very harsh draw as we begin our campaign with home tie against Zamalek....ouch!In the league we will face ENNPI,Ittihad and Al-Gaish.My aims are win all three league games as they are all winnable,progress in the Confederation Cup and knocking Zamalek out as a means of revenge for our league loss to them.This is all subject to change due to the Confederation Cup draw for the next stage being made,just no idea when it is!

October 2024

Fixtures

H6vTLEB.png?1

League Table

JNE4hPh.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We somehow won all nine games,think I'm exhausted let alone the players.We progressed a couple of rounds in the Confederation Cup,we knocked out Zamalek in the Egyptian Cup (HAH!) and won all three games in the league as we moved up to third place,just two points behind Zamalek who occupy first place.Honestly speaking,we shouldn't of won the Zamalek or ENPPI matches as they were the better sides but better finishing prevailed.Highlight of the month was the 12-0 aggregate victory over Etoile Filante,this is because we were missing 12 players due to internationals which left us 18 players,5 players were injured and one was suspended which left me 12 players for the first leg.It was that bad that I started my second choice keeper up front (he scored!) and my 3rd choice was in net!

November is a quieter month with five games (for now),we have the second leg of the tie against Al-Hilal Omdurman in the Confederation Cup,face off against Kafr El-Zayat in the Egyptian Cup and face Al-Masry,Pyramids and El Gouna in the league.We are more than likely to finish Al-Hilal Omdurman off as we have a 6-0 victory while no mercy will be shown to 3rd division side Kafr El-Zayat as I will field the strongest side possible against them.The league is the toughest part of the month as all the teams are top half sides so we will need to be at our best to get results.My aim is progression in the cup with seven points gained in the league.

YVvFSsa.png?1

Quite a nice draw compared to what I could have got.Kano Pillers seem to be the most difficult side as they have just finished 2nd in their league campaign so will be in next seasons African Champions League,they have also won numerous trophies so far.FC San Pédro are in the competition due to them winning the Ivorian National Cup,came 5th last season and are currently 4th in the current campaign.ES Zarzis are in the competition as they won the Tunisian Cup,however they did come 12th last season (survived by 4 points) but they are currently 6th this season.

This is a nice draw,I could have ended up in the same group as Club Africain and Kaizer Chiefs.Spare a thought for Heart of Oaks who have this problem!

November 2024

Fixtures

iTlUDfQ.png?1

League Table

iB0ztw3.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Another perfect month as every game was won but I could definitely tell that performances were starting to slip by the end of the month which is quite worrying.Gave Kafr El-Zayat the respect they deserved by putting a very strong team out as we progressed in the Egyptian Cup with a 7-0 victory.In the Confederation Cup,we actually had a stadium sellout against Al-Hilal Omdurman,this is the first time it's happened in my reign,we beat FC San Pédro in the group stage but we weren't great so the scoreline flattered us.In the league,we won all four games but needed late shows against Al-masry and Nogoom,the latter can feel aggrieved as they had two goals disallowed,this left us top of the table so we are in a four way title fight!

Six games in December,four league games,one in the Confederation Cup and one in the Egyptian Cup.In the league we face Al-Ahly,Tersana,Wadi Degla and Smouha,the Al-Ahly could not come at a worse time as the players are looking tired and it's our first game of December!We should beat Tersana and Smouha as they're struggling badly and I no longer know what to make of Wadi Degla,they were underachieving but have gone unbeaten in the last four so I'm on the fence about it.We play Kano Pillars in the Confederation Cup which is our toughest match and it's right after the Al-Ahly game!In the Egyptian Cup we face El Dakhleya,they're 2nd in their second division group so I will not be underestimating them as can cause a problem but we should see them off.No real aims this month with exception to progressing in the Egyptian Cup.

December 2024

Fixtures

RX7uOC6.png?1

League Table

6l6qn3c.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Pleased with the cup performances as we battered El Dakhleya in the Egyptian Cup and a solid performance helped us get past Kano Pillars in the Confederation Cup.As for the league,it was a terrible month as we picked up four points from twelve.I was fine with dropping points against Al-Ahly as we were second best,was not happy with the Wadi Degla game as it was even but they were ruthless in front of goal which won the game,we should have beat Smouha as we completely dominated them but a late equalizer saw them gran an undeserved point.We're still in the top four so that is brilliant.

January will be a killer of a month as we play eight games.We play in the Egyptian Cup first where we have a home tie against Arab Contractors,I would like to progress but our form hasn't been great in this moment in time.In the Confederation Cup we face ES Zarzis and FC San Pédro,we should win both of these as they are the two weakest teams in the group.In the league we face Arab Contractors,Ismaily,FC Masr,Petrojet and Zamalek,it's important we get over our recent dip in the league so we need to be getting nine points minimum to keep the pressure up at the top,I would like to get results against Arab Contractors and Zamalek so we'll  see what'll happen in those games.

January 2025

Fixtures

1s2ZZKc.png?1

League Table

Kbk2zqI.png?2

Manager's Thoughts

More progress in the cups as we moved onto the quarter finals in the Egyptian Cup,our two wins in the Confederation Cup have seen us qualify for the quarter finals which to be honest isn't too surprising.Four wins from five have seen us move to the top of the table but we have played a game more than the teams below with exception to Zamalek as they close the gap on us after beating us 4-3 in a thrilling match in the final game of the month.I'm surprised to see us to despite losing five times so far!

February is a busy month as we play seven games.In the league we play Haras El-Hodoud,Ittihad,ENPPI and Al-Gaish,we should easily pick up a minimum of ten points with Haras El-Hodoud being the most difficult game in the month.In the Egyptian Cup we face second division side Aswan,they are a mid-table side so I will putting out a strong side to give us a better chance of progressing.We finish our Confederation Cup group stage with games against ES Zarzis and Kano Pillars,we should beat ES Zarzis but the Kano Pillars game will be tricky as they are a good team who will probably be in the latter stages of the competition.My aim is to carry on our good form.

Edited by B.W.G

February 2025

Fixtures

PLlko44.png?1

League Table

PWwNFoP.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up ten points from twelve in league to stay in contention for the league title,we did leak a few goals but that is because we have two central defenders left fit as 3rd and 4th choice were out for 6 and 7 weeks respectively.Not surprised to see we progressed in the Egyptian Cup as our team is far stronger than Aswan's which means we move onto the semi-finals so we have met expectations.We also finished the Confederation Cup group strongly with fantastic wins over ES Zarzis and Kano Pillars to to the group.

March brings us five more games.In the league we face Pyramids and El Gouna both are pretty decent teams with El Gouna being in better form of the two at this moment in time so we will have to be at our best to beat them.In the Confederation Cup,we face Senalgalese side ASC Diaraf in a two legged tie,they are 5th in their league but they are only 4 points behind the first place side so it is a very tight league and we can't underestimate them as that could be dangerous.In the Egyptian Cup semi-final we will face Al-Ahly,this is cruel as in my quest to retain the trophy,we have already beat Zamalek and Arab Contractors to get this far and now we have the biggest team in Egypt in our way,so cruel!

Edited by B.W.G

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - Youth Intake - 2024/25

The Intake

B10V2Hx.png?1

The Hot Prospects

Xodm7cI.png?1

VztoDFQ.png?1

HAtfo1M.png?1

kFA4PdX.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Rahman Salah is without a doubt the star of the intake,he will be moved up to the first team from next season as soon as I can register him,he'll probably start off as the second choice left winger but I am confident he will finish off as the strongest.Saad could eventually become a good backup striker to have but I will have to get rid of some of the higher ability,lower potential players in front of him in the next few seasons as the striking options currently stands at 12!Hazah and Salem are just unfortunate to come through in our system,I don't use the AMC position so I will try and train them into different areas but will probably be sold off after a few seasons.

Edited by B.W.G

GrJHA4H.png?1

Squeaky bum time at the top as we head into the last six games!None of these games are bigger than the match on the 10/5 against Al-Ahly.I definitely have the toughest of the three run ins and Zamalek can't be ruled out just yet,so many twists and turns ahead so who knows what will happen.They also didn't mention the last fixtures of the season which was weird but they are as follows...

Arab Contractors vs Al-Ahly

Qena SC vs Tersana

Zamalek vs Al-Masry

If it does come down to the end of the season then I have the easiest of the three ties but Al-Ahly are Al-Ahly and they are a very dominant side while Zamalek will also have a home advantage in their last game which could swing things in their favour.

March 2025

uUVQrh8.png?1

League Table

zFmJd7G.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Brilliant victory over in the Confederation Cup as we defeated ASC Diaraf 11-2 on aggregate to move onto the semi-final,the second leg was a neat masterpiece of football,it would of been a master piece if we didn't miss a penalty in the 55th minute.We secured a late win against Pyramids but the FM gods were against me in the game against El Gouna as we were massively dominant but failed to convert as we lost 2-0.Our league performance saw us drop to third with for games left to play.

Four games in April as we play Club Africain in the Confederation Cup semi-final,this is a two legged affair but they are probably the strongest team in the competition and they are currently sat in 2nd place in Tunisian League 1.In the league we face Al-Masry and Nogoom,we have to win both these games otherwise our title chances will be gone,nothing less then two wins will be a disaster.

Edited by B.W.G

April 2025

Fixtures

eSt20kb.png?1

League Table

GtCXcXc.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A perfect month as we won all four games,we're still in with a chance of the league title and we celebrated victory over Club Africain as we moved onto the final of the Confederation Cup.Defence was pretty solid and the attack was great so I was pleased with everything overall.

Into the final month of the season,we kick off the month with the Egyptian Cup semi-final against Al-Ahly,the winners will then face Nogoom in the final which is a massive surprise as they are fighting relegation.We play Al-Ahly and Tersana in the league,we need to win both games heavily to overturn the goal difference as well as Al-Ahly lose both games which means we'd win the title so that is very unlikely.In the Confederation Cup final we play Zamalek in a all Egyptian Final,this is a two legged affair so it will be interesting to see how this plays out,there will also be snide digs galore as myself and Mido don't like each other.No real aims,just play to our best and whatever happens will happen.

May 2025

Fixtures

u3X701C.png?1

League Table

gnwwCya.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The bad news is that we finished 3rd which was no improvement on last year,the worse news is that we lost 4- 0 to Al-Ahly,it was this game that gave them a 6th successive title.Now  onto the positive side of things,we beat Al-Ahly and Nogoom to retain the Egyptian Cup.We then put Zamalek to the sword as we clinched the Confederation Cup with a -0 aggregate victory as we ended up with a cup treble!

End of Season update to follow then onto season 8!

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - End of Season - 2024/25

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Three out on loan to keep other teams interested as I don't really see them having a future at the club,Awad has the best chance of developing but still needs a lot of work with regards to training.Seven released who were never going to make it as a backup player,three found new clubs while the other 4 retired.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

Egyptian Premier League - 3rd Place

cZqoYKl.png?1

No signs of improvement as we finished in the same place with the same points as the season before,we scored 12 less but did concede 6 less so it was an improvement on the defensive front.Al-Ahly have now won their 6th successive title,to overthrow them is now the aim.

African Confederation Cup - Winners

Va0q4XS.png?1

We actually won all 18 games in the tournament.We beat Diables Noirs,Etoile Filante and Al-Hilal Omdurman on the way to the group stage.We topped the group which contained Kano Pillars,FC San Pedro and ES Zarzis with a 100% record.In the Knockout stages we beat ASC Diaraf and Club Africain in the quarter finals and semi-finals.In the final we put Zamalek to the sword as we ran out 4-0 aggregate winners.

Egyptian Cup - Winners

ggaYRw6.png?1

I think we deserved this trophy with who we had to beat just to get to the final,on our way to the final we beat Zamalek,Kafr El-Zayat,El Dakhleya,Arab Contractors,Aswan and Al-Ahly.We completely dominate the final as we beat Nogoom 6-0.

Egyptian Super Cup - Winners

27A6dQV.png?1

Easy victory as Al-Ahly fielded a second string team while I didn't.This was the easiest 1-0 victory I will probably ever have.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Alaa Aly

Samir Mohsen

Ibrahim Ibrahim

Ibrahim Younes

Manager's Thoughts

A brilliant season as we won a cup treble which should help us move up the reputation table in the future as well as increase the average attendance at the club,we actually averaged at about 58% capacity so we are getting closer to filling the stadium out consistently which will be needed to possibly get a stadium expansion or a new stadium in the future.Would like the league title but that may take some work as Al-Ahly are a really strong team,they don't even get affected when they lose some of their best players as they just replace them with players who are just as good,that is extremely annoying!

Financial side,if it weren't for prize money then we would have made a loss,as it is though we currently stand on £4.2 million so I will be asking for more upgrades as if we are losing money then we need to upgrade immediately at the end of each season when we have the money.I will also be looking to upgrade the junior coaching and youth recruitment as these are two of the more important upgrades due to using the youth system.I want the title and that is what I'm going for next season,if we can get the upgrades then I can combine this with training as we are now allowed more coaches so I may be able to specialize the training to help the players reach their potential.We keep moving forward and we will never look back as we will be the biggest in Egypt one day.

Last thing to note,I'm now ranked in the Egyptian Hall of Fame.I currently sit in 8th but I am only one point behind 7th.On the continental Hall of Fame,I need 12 points to break into the top 20,that is my aim for next season to be regarded as one of the best to manage in Africa.

Season        League	    Position     Cup	    Continental	     TF          YF          JC	           YR         Avg.Att
2018/19	   Third Division     1st     3rd Round	       N/A          Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        268
2019/20   Second Division     2nd     4th Round        N/A          Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        462
2020/21   Second Division     2nd      Quarters        N/A          Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        492
2021/22   Second Division     1st     5th Round        N/A          Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        541
2022/23    Premier League     4th      Quarters        N/A          Basic        Poor       F.Basic       Basic        1601
2023/24    Premier League     3rd      Winners         N/A        B.Average      Basic      Average      F.Basic       2118
2024/25    Premier League     3rd      Winners       Winnners     Adequate     B.Average    Adequate     Average       5836

Edited by B.W.G

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - Pre-Season - 2025/26

Transfers - Released

Nine players released as it was a case of not good enough for the club anymore.Ibrahim has gone out on loan as he won't get any game time and will be leaving at the end of the season.The big transfer as you can see was Magdy,we had to cash in as he only had a year on his contract left but his demands were too much as I'm not able to offer £5k p/w for wages,there won't be a problem with getting money from the clauses as they are monthly instalments and appearances,there is a 30% of profit made on the sale as well so we may see quite a bit of money in the future.

Pre-Season Fixtures

ZH3Shou.png?1

Wasn't too bad of a pre-season as we were missing ten plays due to African Championships of Nations qualifying.The team surprised me with the performance against Augsburg,was also surprised by the performances against Galatasaray and Marseille as I thought they would have completely destroyed us.

The Team and Key Players

Squad 1 - Squad 2

l7gOf7F.png?1

8qidkaB.png?1

nxYLjsy.png?1

nkxk0x2.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Let's get the most important thing out of the way,we are now the 4th biggest team in Egypt behind Pyramids,Zamalek and Al-Ahly,we also now have a continental rep.We're going to be having a very busy season as we are in five competitions,the board have really upped the expectations and with the season preview,we should be aiming for Champions League qualification via the league and not because of an Egyptian team winning the competition,luckily the only thing they are demanding to win is the African Super Cup which is against Al-Ahly!During the pre-season,I also signed a new contract which expires 2028 which just happens to be my 10th year at the club.

On the facility side of things,everything is being update with exception to the Data Analysis facilities.We have to keep on improving this area as it what will give the foundations of a solid team.Normally,I would leave after winning the Champions League but I want to get Qena into a new stadium (preferably named after me!) as that will lead the club into a brighter future after I leave but we still have a way to go before we are constantly selling the current ground out!

Time to get the show on the road.

Edited by B.W.G

July 2025

Fixture

MQcQk5p.png?1

League Table

eJxllBk.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Only one game in July and we gave Tanta a welcome to the Premier League they would like to forget as we ran out 6-1 winners.

August is quite a busy month as we play four games in the league,face Al-Ahly in the African Super Cup and kick off our Champions League campaign with a two legged tie against Garde Républicaine.Too early to talk about the league but we face Ceramica Cleopatra,ENPPI,Al-Masry and Haras El-Hoodoud.My main aim is to win the African Super Cup and progress in the Champions League.

August 2025

Fixtures

VdNBE02.png?1

League Table

jS6W99h.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

August just furthered my hatred for Al-Ahly has they won a thriller against ourselves in the African Super Cup and have a 100% record in the league as we dropped points due to poor finishing in the games against Al-Masry and Haras El-Hodoud.Elsewhere we had a 25-0 aggregate victory against Garde Républicaine in the Champions League with our third choice striker El Sayedd netting 14 times over two games!

September sees us with a second chance of a trophy as we play Al-Ahly in the Egyptian Super Cup,will be a tough game as usual but I know we can win.In the Champions League,we face Congo side TP Mazembe,this should be a tough tie than Garde Républicaine so I am expecting two harder fought games.We kick off our Egyptian Cup campaign with a tie against third division side Gazl Shebin,I am expecting to progress as I will be fielding a strong team.In the league we face Pyramids and Smouha,we need to perform a lot better up front than we did at the end of August,my aim is to try and close the gap on Al-Ahly.

PIwV7in.png?1

Not too bad of a group as it could have been worse,I'm already familiar with Kano Pillars and Club Africain as we faced both of them in the Confederation Cup last season.Club Africain will be around the same strength as last season as no one came in and no one has left.Kano Pillars will be stronger than last season as they have got in much better players than those who left.Asante Kotoko are a new one for us,they've won four of the last five Ghanaian Premier Division and are on course to make it five out of six so they will be difficult.

If we play to our best then we should get through but it could be a pretty close between all four of us.