• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jrekZHa.png?1

SEP Puebla - Promotion League - End of Season - 2032/33

Transfers - Released

Eight players left the club on a free,six of these have now retired from football with the other two playing in the 6th tier.Two left the club on loans and will be there till the end of the 33/34 season.As for the permanent transfers,I had no input on any of them but I would have like to have kept Rocchi,Kannan and Aja.Stupid Chairman!

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

Promotion League

Opening Stage - Winners

khQs6Do.png?1

YK3dsYo.png?1

The league section for the opening stage ended in disaster as failed to win the last four,we then changed our tactics which helped massively in winning the playoffs.All the playoffs were straight forward as we weren't really threatened by any of the clubs.

Closing Stage - Winners

AmjKaCG.png?1

qUC9VYr.png?1

Topped the league stage on goal difference,thankfully the change of tactic worked a treat in the second half as we only conceded thirteen goals in the league stage this time.As for the playoffs,we had to come from behind to beat Lobos BUAP in the quarter-finals before we easily beat FC Juarez in the semi-final.As for the final itself,we won the tie with a 91st minute winner to clinch the Closing Stage title which meant there was no need to play a promotion playoff.

Mexican Cup

Opening Stage - 2nd Round

5bYCrgl.png?1

Qualified from a group containing  Pachuca and Chivas.We were then knocked out by Santos Laguna in the second round,believe it or not,it was actually 0-0 at half time so losing 4-1 was a bit harsh.

Closing Stage - Winners

1GIewVZ.png?1

Topped the group which saw us face Pachuca and At.Reynosa.In the second round we beat León penalties (the last six penalties were some of the worse I have ever seen!).we actually beat América in the quarter-finals but it was nowhere near their strongest side.Another penalty shoot out saw us get past Toluca in the semi-final,at least these penalties all hit the back of the net!As for the final,we did well to hang on to a 2-0 win after the sending off as it was just a constant onslaught in the last 25 minutes.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats AwardsBest XI

oNUb5hS.png?1

Erik González

Paul Ramírez

Eduardo Fernández

Brian Arriaga

Manager's Thoughts

After the disaster what was the league campaign in the opening stage,I wasn't expecting to end the season getting promoted.The change of formation from a 4-3-3 to a 4-1-4-1 and changing the playing style from Catenaccio to Tiki-Taka along with some other little changes to play helped massively but I was expecting it to take a bit longer for the players to get used to it.So to come out with three trophies was an amazing achievement and it also gives us a shot at the Mexican Super Cup as we will face the opening stage winners Cruz Azul.

On the financial and facility side of things,I actually forgot we're moving to a new stadium.The new stadium (called the SEP Puebls Stadium) will hold 15,260 people and we will move into in June,I will be looking to upgrade the youth facilities again to get it up to the level of the training facilities,I will also be asking for Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment upgrades as I feel we are really lacking in those areas.Finances are at a good level as we have £2.7 million in the bank so we should be able to get those upgrades I want,we also have a 3 sponsorship deals ending so we should see improvement in those as we have now moved up to being a 2* team,hopefully our sponsorship deals will reach at least £500k (currently at £320k from four deals).Now begins the real challenge!

Season        League	      Position       Cup       Continental       TF            YF          JC	      YR         Avg.Att
2027/28	   Third Division      1st/1st       N/A           N/A        B.Average       Poor       Minimal      Basic         407
2028/29     P.D Serie B          5th         N/A           N/A        B.Average       Poor       Minimal      Basic         344
2029/30     P.D Serie B          1st         N/A           N/A        B.Average       Poor       Minimal      Basic         405
2030/31     P.D Serie A I        1st         N/A           N/A        B.Average       Poor       Minimal      Basic         560
2031/32   Promotion League     1st/2nd    N.A/2nd RD       N/A        B.Average       Poor       Minimal      Basic        4730
2032/33   Promotion League     3rd/1st    2nd RD/Win       N.A        B.Average      Basic       Minimal      Basic        6144

Edited by B.W.G

8UR15b6.png?1

lMcuCaM.png?1

HIIqp8Q.png?1

A triple for positive news regarding the youth side of things.Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment have been upgraded to Fairly Basic while the youth facilities should be going from basic to below average.

WfTN2Cg.png?1

The non youth improvement is the training facilities.With this upgrade,it should take the training facilities to average so it's great to see the club take big steps towards the future.

The only other thing to note is I've asked the board for a feeder club,the option I picked was local club for loaning the youngsters.With this,I am hoping Reales de Puebla is one of the options.They play in the fifth tier of Mexican football but they play in Puebla,Puebla don't have any affiliated clubs while Lobos BUAP have Lobos BUAP III who also play in the fifth tier so I'd rather follow Lobos BUAP route with having a affiliated team playing in a competitive league.

rejzyTj.png?1

Chairman strikes again.

It turns out Warren Hammond could be pretty good going by this transfer,I would of preferred a 40% of next sale but I guess 40% of profit from next sale will do.Although the downside is that this has weakened the central midfield,I did try to protest it but the chairman refused.Considering we had over £5 million in the bank,this transfer wasn't even necessary.

Hammond has been put in West Brom u23's so his game time will be reduced.They are managed by former Danish international Lasse Schöne.

jrekZHa.png?1

SEP Puebla - First Division - Pre-Season - 2033/34

Season Preview - Board Expectations

Transfers - Released

Four players released as I felt they were not good enough for the club,Sánchez and Marín haven't found clubs since their release while Rodríguez and Castañeda have joined clubs in the fifth tier.The only major outgoing was Hammond who was sold over my head for an initial fee of £6.75 million (rising to £12.25 million due to clauses),the clauses in the sale include 3 installments of £990k,£350k per game for ten league games,£1.8 million for ten appearances,40% of profit on next sale and a friendly match.

Pre-Season Fixtures

5SDhixo.png?1

Not exactly all friendlies as I forgot about the Super Cup but we won a trophy so it's an A from me for this pre-season.We played West Brom due to a clause in the Hamond sale and we played a much smaller team in Puebla SAI.As for the Super Cup,we shouldn't have won as Cruz Azul were the better team but both teams were suffering which can be put down to a lack of match fitness,if it wasn't for finishing then they would have probably won it.

The Team and Key Players

zOHBJI2.png

IbhHhYR.png?2

4HSt2xv.png?1

zMuVYia.png?1

6tvNHRU.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well this season should be quite interesting as the board want us to avoid relegation while the media have give us odds of 1000-1 to win the title,which means we are one of the weakest teams in the league alongside Veracruz and Querétaro.With relegation being done on average points,I think we need to be aiming for an average of 1.2 a game as there are three teams who sit on 0.96 (Veracruz,Toluca and Chivas.).I think we will surprise some people but I'm not expecting anything too drastic as my aim is to survive and make money so we can carry on improving the facilities as this is the most important part to the clubs future.We have £10.3 million in the bank which is thanks to the Hammond sale so the immediate future is secure.

We have a busy start to the season as we play Morelia,Pumas and Tigres in the league and we face Lobos BUAP in the Mexican Cup - Opening Stage.I would like us to start picking up points right off the bat as I need to avoid a relegation fight and we should have more than enough to beat Lobos BUAP in the cup.Hopefully the morale boosting victory over Cruz Azul in the Super Cup will help us going into the new season.

v4FPZX5.png?1

Bit of a injury blow as Valdez is our 2nd choice DC,this happened the day after we played the first league game of the season.With match fitness not quite up to scratch yet,we could have a rough couple of games coming up.

hxF2i3l.png?1

There goes my first choice defender!!!Luckily I have four other players who can play that role but I will have to put Amador on the bench so he may get thrown in the deep end if I get any more defensive injuries.

Edited by B.W.G

July 2033

Fixtures

kOnHaXg.png?1

League and Cup Tables

uL3Swo7.png?1

XaWiRET.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It's not been too bad of a start as we sit in a playoff spot at the end of July.I have been disappointed with the players outside of Hammond-Carr and González due to lack of goal scoring.The game against Lobos BUAP was just one of those games where neither team was going to score.Tigres was our first real test but we lost,I was proud of our performance but Tigres showed why they are one of the bigger teams in the league.Tigres also have a 35 year old Leon Bailey playing for them but it was an 18 year old wonderkid who put us to the sword!

August is a really busy month as we play eight games,five in the league and three in the cup.In the league we play Atlas,Tijuana,América,León and Pachuca.We're currently sat on 2.0 points in the  average points table so it has been a good start,as long as we stay above 1.2 then I think we should be safe.In the cup we play twice against Puebla and have the return match against Lobos BUAP,hopefully we can win the three games as that should see us finish top as only the top seven second places qualify,a group stage exit would be a disaster after winning the Closing Stage cup last season.

August 2033

Fixtures

4ldTMRN.png?1

League and Cup Tables

9YJmxgi.png?1

Cn1ZhJO.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well at least that nightmare is over!It was a proper mixed month as we won two,drew two and lost one which was good enough to see us finish the month off in fifth,for the average points we are currently sat on 1.75 so we are above y target of 1.2,Chivas currently sit in the relegation spot with 0.95.In the cup,two wins was enough to see us finish top of the group.As you can see,González hasn't really been effective and we have had to rely on our midfield, so for the Lobos BUAP game,I decided to go with potential over ability and it paid off as Migoya scored twice so I will be trying him in the league to see how well he can do.

September is a much quieter month as we will have four games minimum,three in the league and one in the Mexican Cup.In the league we will face Cruz Azul,Puebla and Querétaro,if we can stay in the playoff spots then I will be over the moon.No idea who we face in the Mexican Cup as the draw for the second round hasn't been made yet but the tie will be played on 22/9,the boards aim was be competitive so we have already beat expectations for the competition.

September 2033

Fixtures

kIUVxa9.png?1

League Table

x9bmPtX.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Seven points was a brilliant return as we stayed in fifth place with six games left to play in the league stage.As for the cup,we dominated Querétaro in the second round but we did not deserve to beat Santos Laguna as we were second best,a wonder goal from Fernández and a González goal against the run of play saw us through.On the average point front,we currently sit on 1.91 points which is a good start but we still need to rack up the points as it's done over a three year period.Chivas are still bottom with 0.95 points.

Five games will be played in October,four in the league and one in the cup.In the league we will play Monterrey,Santos Laguna,Chivas and Veracruz.Monterrey and Santos Laguna will both be difficult games,Monterrey won the Closing Stage last season.Veracruz are four points behind us so it's a must win game if we want a playoff spot.Chivas have been struggling in the last three season so I am hoping we can further their misery,my aim for the league is six points.As for the Mexican Cup Opening Stage,we have been lucky with the semi-final  draw as we face Atlas,this is quite surprising as they have done poorly in the league so it's a surprise to see them get this far.I will be fielding a strong side to give us the best chance of getting to the final.

October 2033

Fixtures

QC5aZ9W.png?1

League Table

Zd3IgDb.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

An amazing month as we went unbeaten.In the league we picked up ten points from four games which has seen us move into second place as well as clinch a playoff spot which is a brilliant achievement in our first season.As for the cup,we got through to the final but it ended  up being closer than I liked,if it wasn't for a injury time equalizer then we would have went out.On that note,if Atlas performed like that in the league then they wouldn't be near the bottom of the league as they performed much better in the cup.

November brings us five more games,two of these are in the league stage,two playoff games and a cup game.To finish off the league stage,we will face Toluca and Necaxa,I'm not overly bothered by these games as we have qualified for the playoff stage but I would like positive results to keep morale high.We will play two games in the playoff quarter finals against an unknown opponent,if we can make it to the final then we should qualify for the North American Champions League as according to the rules as the Winner and losing finalist in each stage qualify.The big game of November comes in the Mexican Cup opening stage final where we will play Cruz Azul,nice to see at least one big team take it seriously so we will need to be at our best to even stand a chance.

November 2033

Fixtures

D9157Cj.png?1

League Table

NFucsE4.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The big news of the month is that we won the Mexican Cup Opening Stage,we won it on penalties against Cruz Azul but I feel we did more than enough to win it in normal time.We finished the league stage off with a loss and a win as we finished in third place,as you can see Migoya scored in the game against Necaxa and I feel that this time next season then he will be the one leading the line if he carries on with his development.The playoff against Tigres saw a heroic defensive effort from Patino and Valdez as we overturned a 1-0 deficit at half time,the two defenders saved us three times when we were 1-0 down,as soon as we equalized then we looked like we were always going to win.

December fixtures have gone completely weird,we play Monterrey in the first leg of the semi-final on the 1/12 but we don't play the second leg till the 31/12.According to the schedule,the final is supposed to be played on 8/12 and 11/12.Either way,if we beat Monterrey in the semi-final then we will qualify for the North American Champions League.At this moment in time,I have no idea what will happen due to the gap between competitive games.

December 2033

Fixtures

wpziXmJ.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The main point of the month was that we won the semi-final against Monterrey with a 5-2 aggregate scoreline,González scored the only goal in the first leg  before I decided to praise the ground Migoya walks on as he only played due to González being suspended due to hitting the limit on yellow cards.The friendlies were there for match fitness and they were against teams who are on a pre-season break from the lower tiers.

Just the two games in January and would you believe it,both of them are against Cruz Azul!With how much we have come across them,they seem to be the strongest team in Mexico.We have had our fair share of luck in the Super Cup and Mexican Cup against them,hopefully we can keep our lucky streak against them!

From Joy to Misery

Leg 1

POEMAC3.png?1

Leg 2

6Loy5fI.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Cruz Azul paid the price for underestimating us in the first leg then went all out in the second leg and we were no match.They showed us why they are the best in Mexico.