[FM19] Return of the legends by David

111228e45656365eb48.png

Here we go again! 4th edition of the most popular database for FM is released! This year with another expanded version that will include even more legendary clubs and players. With this update you will have an opportunity to play and manage 4000 legends spread all over the world in their respective teams.

All of the major and many minor leagues are filled with clubs which possess their all-time greats and are under the guidance of some the managers , coaches and chairmans who ever graced the game.

Winning anything in this update is a success, as many clubs and national teams have some of the best talent that ever appeared in history of football. Italian, English, German, Spanish and French clubs are strongest competitors. And not just the major ones. There are teams from Holland, Belgium, Scotland, Russia, Ukraine, Austria, former Yugoslavia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or from Portugal who have good chances of winning the Champions League as much as the teams who are coming from the stronger leagues. This is like a Football Manager hard mode!

The players who are coming from the oldest eras of football are older than the ones who are appeared later and therefore are closer to their peak and reaching their full potential.

And don’t worry the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo & Mbappe still exist, but are a younger versions of themselves and are relocated to their parent clubs. Because of that your task as a manager is even more challenging as it’s up to you to develop them into world-class players they are today and if you succeed to make them a part of your squad.

This is a thrilling update which can bring any Football Manager fan into an ecstatic state of nostalgia with no doubt that they will enjoy the game even more and find it refreshing and challenging like never before. Also were done and facepack for almost all players, which will further give the game interesting.

UPDATES:

1. 400 new legends including filled squads of Perugia, Verona, Cagliari, Udinese, Atalanta, Triestina, Padova, Palermo, Chievo, Auxerre, Sturm Graz, Basel, Wisla, Rapid Buc., Gremio, Ponte Preta, Guarani, Internacional, Palmeiras, Lokomotiv Moscow, Osijek and Maribor.

Added legends like Troglio, Masinga, Di Vaio, Lucarelli, Kanoute, Abelardo, Morientes, Wilfort, Johnsen, Bjornebye, Joao Pinto, Dubovsky, Torocsik, Capone, Ercan, Bermudez, Borghi, Giusti, Ruben Sosa, Mifflin, Redin, Serna, Adriano, Tarantini...

2. The values and wages of the players have been corrected to a more reasonable level. Maximum wage in top 5 leagues are 120k p/w, and max. value are 70 mil. euros.

3. The participants of european cups have been changed so in the first season there would play clubs that deserve it by tradition and successes through history.

Champions League (Real, Barca, Atletico, Valencia, Juve, Inter, Milan, Torino, Man.Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds, Marseille, Saint-Etienne, Monaco, Bayern, Gladbach, HSV, Dortmund, Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord, Brugge, Anderlecht, Sparta, Slavia, Ferencvaros, MTK, Steaua, Levski, Hajduk, Crvena Zvezda, Partizan, Grasshoppers, Servette, Rapid Wien, Austria Wien, Legia, Gotteborg, Celtic, Rangers, Slovan...)

Europa League (Antwerp, Mechelen, Standard, Dukla, Vejle, Frem, Reims, Kaiserslautern, Koln, Schalke, Honved, Ujpest, Napoli, Roma, Lazio, Gornik, Craiova, Torpedo M, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, OFK Beograd, Vojvodina, La Coruna, Athletic, Sevilla...)

4. Nation club coefficients and world rankings were also corrected in line with historical successes.

The man behind the whole project is David Salapura from Serbia.

Preview:

1cb45297a650e1303.png
275b93c00b1873a28.png
39087c94451dc3d5c.png
422d32d18e1c17277.png
542f809052079010c.png
Anatoliy-Demyanenko_-Overview-Profilee08
Carlos-Valderrama_-Overview-Profilefa4ee
Djalma-Santos_-Overview-Profileff8e7591e
Frantisek-Planicka_-Overview-Profile6b03
Gabriel-Batistuta_-Overview-Profile46e95
Gilberto-Silva_-Overview-Profile1465a767
Gordon-Banks_-Overview-Profile760db82d0c
Henrik-Larsson_-Overview-Profile1b95a133
Jan-Popluhar_-Overview-Profilea65fac3d60
Jean-Tigana_-Overview-Profile07b1f842913
Jose-Leandro-Andrade_-Overview-Profile18
Jose-Luis-Chilavert_-Overview-Profileab2
Juan-Pablo-Sorin_-Overview-Profilecfb141
Jurgen-Sparwasser_-Overview-Profile256fb
Kazuyoshi-Miura_-Overview-Profile5e17742
Laurie-Cunningham_-Overview-Profile9b5d5
Lothar-Matthaus_-Overview-Profile9421f60
Marco-Etcheverry_-Overview-Profiled8d1bb
Michael-Laudrup_-Overview-Profile5687c8f
Miodrag-Belodedici_-Overview-Profile8d96
Paolo-Maldini_-Overview-Profile6d73a972a
Phil-Masinga_-Overview-Profileb29b4a8a7e
Ricardo-Zamora_-Overview-Profile4ff0e5cb
Ronaldo_-Overview-Profileb058ff80dc7fec4
Valery-Voronin_-Overview-Profile149320ac

FB page for more screenshots

Installation Instructions:

1. Extract the contents of the .zip file using the default zip utility of your OS or get a free tool such as 7-zip.

2. Move the extracted "Return of the legends 2019.fmf" file to the following location:
Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2019 / editor data
Create the "editor data" folder if it doesn't exist.

3. To install the facepack, move the folder "Legends facepack" to your graphics folder:
Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2019 / graphics / facepacks
Create the "graphics" and "facepacks" folders if they don't exist.

Go to Preferences screen and then into the Interface tab. Click on "Clear cache" and then "Reload skin".
Now you can see pictures of all legends.

4. Open FM 2019 and start a new save-game with 19.3.0 update and only this database selected, not other databases and transfer updates.

IMPORTANT: When creating a new save-game, you have to be patient because the process of loading game database takes about 2-3 hours. The problem is due to the conversion of the database from the previous series and a lot of data, which is not possible to fix it.

To load shortlist with all legends and managers move the extracted "Legends shortlist.fmf" and "Managers shortlist" files to the following location:
Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2019 / shortlists

Enjoy and share your impressions! smile.gif

thanks again for this, the best database by far. I hope you continue this for decades and i'm playing it in an old folks home

one issue spotted:  English players don't speak English, instead they speak Spanish. I'm currently teaching Glenn Hoddle how to speak English

one question: why do you give so many strikers 20 for aggression?  Gary Lineker for example has 20 for aggression yet he was never booked in his career and barely even put in a tackle.  This doesn't seem to add up, even if he has 1 for dirtiness,  Surely 20 for aggression translates as 'makes many tackles'?

it's only a minor issue, like I say - best database ever

This bug about languages is probably because of coversion from FM18 to FM19, it's impossible to pay attention to every pinpoint of database, in that way I would never finish this, but I will correct it. Thanks for feedback.

I use some stats from Pes miti database, and Lineker have aggresion 97/100. I can't have knowledge for every player about specific attributes, so I used other sources.

Great job ... very detailed and competent, really very good and surprising for accuracy. There is the true knowledge of world football, a huge job.

Edited by marcolmo

Playing this with Spurs - what a fantastic database. Great job! Amazingly detailed and had great fun going through random teams to see what players crop up.

Only slight gripe is that Campbell is in the Spurs Legends team (and no King which is a glaring omission!!). I have gone about systematically ruining his career so no worries ;)

Edited by alex.s

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I found your database really very good, I tried too in this attempt but I could not even get close to your excellent work, the idea of starting from scratch for everyone is excellent. There is only the embarrassment of the choice on the team to choose ... the determination of Celtic, the total football of the Ajax, the Nottingham Forest of Brian Clough, the Red Star as we call it (Crvena Zvezda), the Borussia Moenchengladbach by Vogts, Netzer, Simonsen and Wimmer or the Schalke by Kuzorra and Klaus Fischer, or with the Grande Torino by Valentino Mazzola or the Steaua by Helmuth Duckadam.

It was another football, no long benches, two gearboxes in Italy, only one in England, no shin guards, so much talent, full stadiums to burst, the football of The Damned United.

Keep in mind that my assessment is subjective but your work is really interesting.

I saw that you really entered so many champions, I checked among the goalkeepers among the top 111 included in the wfhc blog list, there are very few athletes missing: Karoly Zsak, a Hungarian of a minor team that cannot be found on Football Manager and which I have to recreate and of which I struggle a lot to find news, Hans Jakob, German of the Jahn Regenburg; Treasurer Americo of Boca Juniors, Brazilian Julio Cesar, German Heel Immel seems to me of koln, Samuel Hardy, Elisha Scott and Leigh Richmond Roose ..... keep in mind that mine is absolutely not a criticism, in fact it is mathematically impossible to place in a team all these goalkeepers ... for example Boca should have three / four goalkeepers of the highest level with Hugo Gatti, Antonio Roma and Treasurer Americo and then Abbondanzieri .... same speech for CA Penarol with Marzukiewicz, Maspoli and Maidana .. .Palme iras with Leao, Oberdan Cattani and Marcos.

Some idea:

As for Italy, the names you entered in the LR Vicenza controls 77-78 players such as the coach GB Fabbri, and the players Roberto Filippi, Giancarlo Salvi, the free Carrera Massimo, the full-back Marangon Luciano, the median Guidetti.

Other players of Jewish origin such as the Germans of Karlsruher FV Gottfried Fuchs, Julius Hirsch; and Eddy Hamel, an American from Ajax and many others like Arpad Weisz, Jozsef Braun, Jozef Klotz, Leon Sperling ... but maybe mine is a subjective thing and I let myself be carried away by emotions in my choices.

I go freewheeling ... check out Atvidabergs FF which wins two Allsvenskans with Edstrom, Sandberg, Conny Torstensson, Benno Magnusson, Jan Olsson, Karl Karlsson and Jorgen Augustsson all at WM1974.

Czerniatinsky for Edstrom in the Standard and Benny Wendt for Roland Sandberg in the Kaiserslautern.

I am an admirer of whimsical players (Cassano, Gascoigne, George) but technically very strong as Stan Bowles of QPR, Robin Friday of Reading, Gianfranco Zigoni of Verona, Ezio Vendrame of LR VIcenza, Pedro Calomino, the inventor of the Boca Juniors bicicleta.

Or of emblematic figures like Scottish John Harley of CA Penarol, Colin Veitch of the Newcastle United first utility player, or Sarosi player that you played very well and was not easy.

I did some research and discovered that the first black player in England was Wharton Arthur of Ghana, and then there was the gigantic Sheffield United goalkeeper Faulke WH.

Teams like LR Vicenza, Pro Vercelli (won seven championships and with the White Jerseys played Silvio Piola, Virginio Rosetta and Pietro Ferraris, all world champions and Eusebio Castigliano), Atvidabergs FF, Karlsruher FV (Platz an der telegrafenkaserne with 35,000 seats ) or the QPR (mavericks) that loses the English First Division in the 75-76 season on the last day ..... https: //www.youtube.com/watch? v = MFpSBBLGy50 looks at 3.21 minutes with 29,000 spectators at Loftus Road in London, but maybe even here I let myself be carried away by the emotions of when I was young, and who knows how many other strong teams that have passed through the various championships I don't know well ... like Once Caldas, winner of the Libertadores in 2004, like the Hungarian teams Ferencvaros and Vasas.

I had put all this on your FM2018 database with over 450 players but I lost all the data due to a computer virus. I started a career with Boca and I bought Diego Armando Maradona, then went on with Santos, CA Penarol (the Equadorian Spencer is very strong, I knew very little about him) and finally with Milan. The Crvena Zvezda with the purchase of Matateu from the Belenenses started to dominate in Europe, even if on paper it was already a very strong team with extraordinary players ... like Savicevic whom I admired in Milan or Dragan Dzajic whom I saw on television or various Sekularac, Kostic, Vidic, Mitic, Stojkovic .... Belodedici I am wrong or he also played in Crvena Zvezda. Then I saw your new database for FM2019 and I saw that you had included so many players that I had entered too and I told myself that we are on the same wavelength, like: Tarantini, Serna, Mifflin, Cabanas, Fanna , Doni, Domenghini, Miccoli, Redin, Di Natale, Mark Bresciano, Toni, Perrotta, Guivarc'h, Vahirua, Woodburn etc.

Thank you because I thought I knew the champions of the past but it wasn't like that, you made me know great teams like Red Star Paris, Racing Club Paris and extraordinary players like Joya, Kubala, Stuhlfauth, Mateteu and Espirito Santo .... the five violins of lisbon Sporting or Hibernian's famous five.

Who's not there? the white South Africans Riley, Hodgson and Geldenhuys, Renato Cesarini (see zone C esarini), Albert Johansson, McGonagle of Celtic, Derek Johnstone, Fairclough the 12th strongest ever, Steve Heighway, the Irish winger of Liverpool, Craig Johnstone of Australia Liverpool, Ajax's Tschen La-Ling, Oscar Damiani, Florian Maurice, strong Norwegian Erik Nevland in a CM 97/98, unfortunate Francesco Rocca Roma fullback, Francesco Coco, Lanus Emilio Reuben of Dynamo Kyiv, Andryi Bal of Dynamo Kiev Tarnawsky .....ending with the Indian Salim, also from Celtic ...

I was very long and in the end I could not resist and I told you who is missing and who I would have put ... sorry. A bit of clarification ... Cozzi is Argentine or Colombian ... and with the natives how do you behave like Libonatti, Guaita, Maschio? ... Langara was very strong? ... how do you manage total players like Cruijff, Madeley, Sarosi ... Luis Enrique, Leonardo or Andrade del Nacional median but also fluidizing back?

However you have made balanced teams and all the championships are fun nothing is left to chance and who knows how long this job has cost you,

hello marcolmo

Edited by marcolmo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi David, absolutely love this database! Also sent you a message on FMScout the other day which not sure if you've picked up.

I've made an edited version of the database (which I'm still working on) And would like to share it with you (maybe post it on this thread at some point). I've added another 150 players or so. And also made some minor adjustments to a small cluster of players (adding in preferred moves some adjustment to stats etc)

-I noticed Norwich City (my team) didn't have any legends, so I added the bulk the 1992-93 1993-94 teams that finished 3rd in PL and beat Bayern Munich.

-I added in a number of Watford players who were part of the team that finished 2nd in 1982-83 and reached the FA cup final, Luther Blissett, Nigel Callaghan, Ian Bolton, Kenny Jackett etc.

-I added in major players to Oldham and Swindon from when they were in the Premier League in the same era.

-I noticed the likes of Norman Whiteside, Steve Coppell, Phil Thompson, Nigel Martyn, David James, David Rocastle, Michael Thomas, Mick Harford, and a few others (they are all in a spreadsheet) were missing so added them. 

-Put in some very high potential players who never fulfilled their promise like Paul Lake and Stuart Slater etc.

• 3 weeks later...
在 2019/7/9 在 PM5点02分, dragonsfire1981说:

Hi David, absolutely love this database! Also sent you a message on FMScout the other day which not sure if you've picked up.

I've made an edited version of the database (which I'm still working on) And would like to share it with you (maybe post it on this thread at some point). I've added another 150 players or so. And also made some minor adjustments to a small cluster of players (adding in preferred moves some adjustment to stats etc)

-I noticed Norwich City (my team) didn't have any legends, so I added the bulk the 1992-93 1993-94 teams that finished 3rd in PL and beat Bayern Munich.

-I added in a number of Watford players who were part of the team that finished 2nd in 1982-83 and reached the FA cup final, Luther Blissett, Nigel Callaghan, Ian Bolton, Kenny Jackett etc.

-I added in major players to Oldham and Swindon from when they were in the Premier League in the same era.

-I noticed the likes of Norman Whiteside, Steve Coppell, Phil Thompson, Nigel Martyn, David James, David Rocastle, Michael Thomas, Mick Harford, and a few others (they are all in a spreadsheet) were missing so added them. 

-Put in some very high potential players who never fulfilled their promise like Paul Lake and Stuart Slater etc.

Can you share it?

• 2 months later...

Some of the older players seem extremely overrated(especially old yugoslav players) E.g. branko stankovic was a good player but these stats make him one of the best fullbacks of all time. Also aggression in pes is different to aggression in fm. In pes it means how much a player wants to score. Thats why strikers like Lineker have high aggression on the pes forums even though he wasn't a physically aggressive player.