Transfer debt ?? What does it mean ?

Hello, 

Can somebody tell me what "transfer debt" mean ?

I don't have debt, so I am very surprise to see it. Ok, it's a small debt, but a friend has a 53M€ debt like that.

One more time  : Sorry if my english is bad, i'm french and my english is very far from me. :D

Portland Timbers_ Finances Dettes et emprunts-3.png

I have calculate the difference between the sumn i owe and the sumn i have to recieve, but it is not exact.

I don't understand this ligne. :(

I'm sure its a combination of future fees owed in terms of transfer payments to be made, club owed sell-on fees, player sell-on fees and clauses associated with transfers such as appearances reaching certain milestones

@MrPompey Does it concern also the percentage on futur transfer ? Does it concern also the salary when we contibute to this ?
So if I understand correctly it's the difference between sumn that i owe and the sumn i have to recieve. ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Would really like to hear some confirmation on this too!

Ive only got a couple of monthly transfer repayments which nowhere near total my "transfer debt" so would like clarification on what exactly it refers too

Shouldn't there be an explanation in the online manual for it?

Transfer Debt is the amount either
a) owed by you
or
b) due to you
on transfers that have been previously made.

I believe if the number is red, this means on balance you are owed more money by other clubs than you owe to other clubs in the future.

For example, assume I start with no transfer debt.

I then buy a player with future installments of 1,000 euro to be paid.

I sell a different player with 5,000 euro in future installments to be paid to me.

My transfer debt would then show as 4,000 negatively (red) as "positive" debt.

10 hours ago, biffykins said:

Transfer Debt is the amount either
a) owed by you
or
b) due to you
on transfers that have been previously made.

I believe if the number is red, this means on balance you are owed more money by other clubs than you owe to other clubs in the future.

For example, assume I start with no transfer debt.

I then buy a player with future installments of 1,000 euro to be paid.

I sell a different player with 5,000 euro in future installments to be paid to me. 

My transfer debt would then show as 4,000 negatively (red) as "positive" debt. 

Would this also include Sell on Clauses which i would assume would be based of the current players value?

Otherwise my current monthly installments in and out don't come close to my transfer debt

Archived