Uncommon Dual National Regens

Just thought I’d start a thread to find out what the weirdest dual nationalities you have seen from regens. I find this stuff really amusing and interesting.

Me personally, I just found a Macedonian/Djiboutian (see pics below) in my GFK Ohrid save. He’s not the best, but I HAD to sign this lad up for that uncommon nationality mix :D

46DEC7E1-6D14-470A-9E71-EAFB43DBBDF3.jpeg

BC3857CB-32EC-4DED-A373-AB03D18241B0.jpeg

6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Why would it be 'bizarre'? My parentage is Scottish/Bangladeshi and have a Cambodian wife.

Scottish/Bangladeshi isn’t exactly that uncommon. Perhaps bizarre is the incorrect word, what I should have said is uncommon. Now sure if you’ve taken any offence to that but there was certainly none intended....

As somebody who was born in England but whose great-grandparents were Burmese and Scottish I have absolutely no idea how this post could have inferred any racism, whether it be casual or intentional. Get a grip people. I am not too keen on the avatar but let's be serious here. There are uncommon dual nationalities in the game, without a doubt. 

14 hours ago, dolph11 said:

As somebody who was born in England but whose great-grandparents were Burmese and Scottish I have absolutely no idea how this post could have inferred any racism, whether it be casual or intentional. Get a grip people. I am not too keen on the avatar but let's be serious here. There are uncommon dual nationalities in the game, without a doubt. 

Thanks. I’ve got absolutely no idea how or why people have twisted this to be something malicious.

It makes even less sense considering my girlfriend is from Hong Kong. 

And as for the person that decided to bring sectarianism into this when there was absolutely no need for it, I’m a Northern Irishman who has a Protestant father and catholic mother so get away with that rubbish. I’m just a Rangers fan with no underlying hatred for any religion, race etc.

This is far from bizarre for me, but I was playing with Botafogo (Brazil) and had a striker with ukranian second nationality. I laughed so hard because he was white and blonde and his nickname was Makelélé :lol:. So I've changed his nickname to Ucrânia (literally Ukraine in portuguese). Ended up signing him because he was a good prospect.

i86Ensf.png

3 hours ago, bpecanha said:

This is far from bizarre for me, but I was playing with Botafogo (Brazil) and had a striker with ukranian second nationality. I laughed so hard because he was white and blonde and his nickname was Makelélé :lol:. So I've changed his nickname to Ucrânia (literally Ukraine in portuguese). Ended up signing him because he was a good prospect.

i86Ensf.png

I’ve had a similar thing with my macedonia save. Found a regen at Shkendija who was Macedonian/German. There’s nothing really uncommon about that, except that his name was Daniel Blessing. If I’m not mistaken, that sounds like a name that has African roots, as opposed to German or Macedonian. 

23 hours ago, White Flag said:

I'm not surprised your post may be taken as it was, with an avatar of a group which encouranges sectarianism you need to be careful.

Tragic. Why bring that up at all? Maybe it's you who's the real bigot here. It's a Football Manager forum ffs.

4 minutes ago, White Flag said:

A bigot for thinking race is irrelevent ? For thinking sectarianism is best left out of the 21st century ?

Hey ho.

Wait, what? Who said that? Again, you managed to misunderstand what was being said or pointed out to you. Racism is abhorrent, but it wasn't being displayed here and it was bewildering and slightly worrying how you managed to see it. Nobody is disagreeing with your sentiment, just your seemingly unnecessary acknowledgement of something that wasn't there, which is equally as disconcerting.

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived