[FM19] Derby County - Director of Football Challenge

Stuniverse

Honestly I have have no clue what to do. You've different formations, different roles, different player combos and the result is still the same. In the end I think it's just coming down to the talent differential. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, JaytheGreat said:

Honestly I have have no clue what to do. You've different formations, different roles, different player combos and the result is still the same. In the end I think it's just coming down to the talent differential. 

Sadly, @JaytheGreat, I think you may be right. It's hard to believe we beat Spurs 3-1 six games ago to reach a season's high of 14th. Since then we've drawn one and lost five. 

1 minute ago, Stuniverse said:

Sadly, @JaytheGreat, I think you may be right. It's hard to believe we beat Spurs 3-1 six games ago to reach a season's high of 14th. Since then we've drawn one and lost five. 

To be fair it would have been tough to stay up even if you could buy your own players, but having the AI choose for you makes it a million times harder as Igor hasn't done you many favors. 

30 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

That's definitely most of it, especially since as @JaytheGreat says, you can't even go out and buy your own guys.

The 4-1-2-3 certainly looks more stable, but it's possible there are a couple things you could do differently, while still keeping the formation and TIs, that might help you.  It looks like though you tend to have the majority of the possession and the shots, your opponents are having more of the good chances (though admittedly FM has always been weird about calculating CCCs).  If they're coming at you through the middle, it's possibly because the BWM-D is getting pulled out of position trying to chase the ball.  You could think about switching him to a more static screening role--half back, anchor man, or just plain old DM.  You could also think about injecting a little more variety into your play down the flanks--if you have anybody who can play as a winger, you could put him on one flank, and put the fullback behind him as an IWB.  That might also help you with one of the things your tactical notes are warning you about--loss of possession in your central defensive third.  Putting another body there (IWB) to receive passes would make that less likely.  And lastly, your advanced forward might be getting isolated--if you have anybody who can credibly hold the ball up or drop off the front, instead of running in behind, it might be worthwhile trying that, just to get a different kind of motion between the lines.

There's also the issue that football is a low-scoring game where just a couple bad breaks can mean the difference between three points and none, and it looks like that's what you're getting right now.  Best of luck getting out of it!

Thanks, @Tajerio and @Irobinson69, we’re going to need all the luck 🍀 we can get.

Team Meeting

Well we’ve had a team meeting.

I told the players that we’d been on a bad run lately but that we had the ability in the squad to turn it around.

To a man, every player in the first team squad agreed with me.

So morale has been boosted!

Let’s hope it makes a difference in our next match away at Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: Wednesday 26 February 2020

Pre-match v Blackburn Rovers (a) - Premier League (28)

Match Preview

EPL28_Blackburn_preview.thumb.png.908177174911ed37ed6c87025a17df6a.png

RamsFanzine: You're now in a position where even a win doesn't guarantee you'll be out the relegation zone. Does the fact that Blackburn haven't won in their last six league matches, eight in all competitions, give you hope?

Stuniverse: It means Blackburn have been struggling of late but they're 13th in the table so it won't be an easy match.

Team Selection

EPL28_Blackburn_selection.thumb.png.317f4050e36ae0ff96a8141f9d2a70b2.png

RamsFanzine: Six changes today and no Mount or Quina. What's your thinking?

Stuniverse: Mason Mount and Domingos Quina are a little jaded so we've chosen to rest them and Tom Lawrence and Harry Wilson will play deeper with Martyn Waghorn and Amato Ciciretti coming in. Elsewhere Tom Huddlestone replaces Max Bird with Alfred N'Diaye still suspended. In defence, Scott Malone comes in for Max Lowe, Richard Keogh replaces Andre Wilson, and Jayden Bogle allows us to give Max Aarons a break.

RamsFanzine: Is Rodriues still injured?

Stuniverse: No. Kevin Rodrigues is fully fit but I've gone with Scott Malone as he was starting at left-back when we had our good run earlier in the season.

Post-match: Blackburn Rovers (2) 4-2 (2) Derby County

RamsFanzine: You twice came from behind, for 76 minutes you more than matched Blackburn, but it's the same old story with a 4-2 loss. How disappointed are you?

Stuniverse: Of course, I'm disappointed. We all are. At 2-2 midway through the second half, great passes from Harry Wilson first, and Amato Ciciretti shortly after, twice put Martyn Waghorn clean through with just the goalkeeper to beat, only for David Raya to produce two great saves to deny him. Then they go 3-2 up and we have to chase the game, resulting in their fourth.

EPL28_Blackburn_tactics.thumb.png.7babfd2ce76af231ee1ddf183171dbb4.png

RamsFanzine: It looked like you changed your tactics midway through the first half. Did you?

Stuniverse: Yes. We did. We thought it might help the players to go back to basics but, as you saw in the first half, we were struggling to get any attacks going and that wasn't really working, so we changed things up a bit and that certainly made us more competitive.

EPL28_Blackburn_lgtable.thumb.png.afa42b9e511a8df960316673e5ddaa44.png

RamsFanzine: Your poor form continues but Watford, Brighton and Cardiff are in equally poor form. You're only one point from safety given your better goal difference on those around you. Can you stay up?

Stuniverse: We believe so. We have 10 matches left and we'll be working hard to gain as many points as we can. At the end of the season, it'll either be enough or it won't. We go back to the training ground and then go again in the next match at home to Leicester.

EPL28_Blackburn_report.thumb.png.38f9b3c833bcad8b8a101e3e216fb9b1.png

EPL28_Blackburn_stats.thumb.png.32988a784edea9febe3ed75f83e428e8.png

EPL28_Blackburn_analysis.thumb.png.ce33b618ca7550e05b35c36f83ee8e0c.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: 27 February 2020

RamsFanzine have been talking to our sources at Derby County Football Club about the level of Board confidence for Rams manager Stuniverse.

2702020_board_confidence.thumb.png.64d29a8e5ca44a6ce435dcd7a8ebcbd8.png

2 minutes ago, JaytheGreat said:

Not a bad intake, I could see Waldon and Burling getting some time with the 1st team down the road. 

@JaytheGreat, Let’s hope I’m still here as manager to give them that opportunity down the road.

Game date: 29 February 2020

CHELSEA LEGEND FRANK LAMPARD SACKED

28022020_lamard_sacked.thumb.png.841017eb6528cbb64489d8c0309818a5.png

My thoughts: I don't take any consolation from this, but I've lasted longer in the managerial seat than Frank Lampard.

Game date: Sunday 1 March 2020

Pre-match v Leicester City (H) - Premier League (29)

Match Preview

EPL29_Leicester_preview.thumb.png.585227c27b90633a4c22edbbaa521d85.png

RamsFanzine: Leicester are 15th and on a bad run of no wins in six. Can you pile on the misery for the Foxes today?

Stuniverse: We need the points so I hope so.

Team Selection

EPL29_Leicester_selection.thumb.png.4cdddd78f1068f354f021c66d7530e29.png

RamsFanzine: Four changes today. Some interesting ones. Talks us through them.

Stuniverse: Domingos Quina, Mason Mount, Alfred N'Diaye and Max Aarons all return in place of Jack Marriott, Martyn Waghorn, Amato Ciciretti and Jayden Bogle.

RamsFanzine: It looks like you haven't named a striker and also that a change of formation is on the cards. Is that the case?

Stuniverse: Well, yeah. We felt we needed to try something different so we're going 4-2-3-1 with two deep lying midfielders. Jack Marriott hasn't scored too many goals and, to be honest, I can't remember the last time Facundo Colidio scored. So Domingos Quina leads the line today and, if we need them, we have Jack and Martyn on the bench.

RamsFanzine: You've made a change at right-back, whilst Scott Malone and Richard Keogh, who both had poor games against Blackburn, keep their places. What's your thinking?

Stuniverse: Scott and Richard weren't at their best last time out but in the situation we're in right now I feel we need experience. We don't have that luxury at right-back so I'll probably continue to rotate Max and Jayden.

Post-match: Derby County (0) 2-2 (1) Leicester City

RamsFanzine: Congratulations. On 73 minutes you were 2-0 down and a man down following Aarons's straight red. What followed was a sensational comeback. What do you put that down to?

Stuniverse: The players. Simple. I've said all season that I can't fault their effort, commitment, work rate and determination. I thought we were unlucky to be 2-0 down, but we had nothing to lose so we went three at the back with Scott Malone pushing forward, two creative attacking midfielders, two wingers, and two strikers. We took the fight to them and Domingos Quina and Amato Ciciretti scored the goals for us. We rode our luck a little with Orestis Karnezis pulling off a couple of great saves... but I think we're long overdue a slice of luck.

RamsFanzine: You changed systems a couple of times during the match.

Stuniverse: Yes. We started 4-2-3-1 and I thought we did well. Kasper Schmeichel brilliantly denied Domingos Quina twice. At 1-0 down, we went more attacking. At 2-0 down, we went 4-4-2, sacrificing our two defensive midfielders and bringing on Jack Marriott and Martyn Waghorn. And when we went down to 10-men we were brave and went 3-4-2. With the spirit and character we have in this squad, we've got a chance.

EPL29_Leicester_lgtable.thumb.png.5927cfbf6827ad0ddbf186ae55a14dd6.png

RamsFanzine: Brighton now have a game in hand, but the draw lifts you above Watford, and out of the relegation zone on goal difference. That really sets up your visit to Vicarage Road next Saturday, doesn't it?

Stuniverse: It sure does. It promises to be a monumental game for either them or us. We'll be doing everything we can in training this week to give us the best possible chance of winning that match.

EPL29_Leicester_report.thumb.png.57d5a6b03cb90b7122c362977b46146d.png

EPL29_Leicester_stats.thumb.png.b0475ebea9294a6750964b1ad51ad67c.png

EPL29_Leicester_analysis.thumb.png.ae34b12a6e2c7ed96f2410032733e012.png

EPL29_Leicester_form.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: 4 March 2020

BRIGHTON LOSE TO LIVERPOOL

RamsFanzine: With nine matches remaining, Derby County are out of the relegation zone on goal difference after Brighton and Hove Albion were beaten 2-1 by Liverpool at the American Express Community Stadium tonight.

04032020_results_lgtabe.thumb.png.bcaab72de50ceea8172e5fe4b5319282.png

1 hour ago, Tajerio said:

What a point against Leicester!

It most certainly was, @Tajerio.

I took some risks with the starting line-up but I’d reached the point where I thought I had to try something different. I then changed tactics at 0-1 and then the formation at 0-2. When Aarons got a straight red on 73 minutes I wondered what else could go wrong? But I made some changes which I hoped would give us a fighting chance... and the rest, as they say, is history.

2-2 from 0-2 and a man down after 73 minutes. Amazing. And we escaped the relegation zone too! 🐏

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: Saturday 7 March 2020

Pre-match v Watford (a) - Premier League (30)

Match Preview

EPL30_Watford_preview.thumb.png.bba008551212eca6283001b3cc900967.png

RamsFanzine: Watford are third bottom of the Premier League, one place below you on goal difference. If ever there was a time to get your first away win of the season, surely this is the time?

Stuniverse: I agree with you. We will be doing everything we can to try and win this match.

RamsFanzine: Watford have lost their last three matches. Does that help or hinder your chances?

Stuniverse: We've trained hard and have prepared thoroughly for Watford. We have a game plan and, if we can stick to it, we're confident of getting a result.

Team Selection

EPL30_Watford_selection.thumb.png.d1cbb2d6069f168c7283083c89f59a92.png

RamsFanzine: Four changes.

Stuniverse: Yes. Jayden Bogle for the suspended Max Aarons. Martyn Waghorn, Jack Marriott and Amato Ciciretti for Harry Wilson, Alfred N'Diaye and Tom Huddlestone.

Post-match: Watford (1) 1-2 (2) Derby County

RamsFanzine: Congratulations. What a perfect time to get your first away win of the season?

Stuniverse: Yes. I'm thrilled because the players got their just rewards today for all the hard work they've been putting in on the training ground recently. We felt our best chance was to take the game to Watford so we set up 4-4-2 and did exactly that. I thought my players were outstanding today, every single one of them. Amato Ciciretti and Martyn Waghorn took their goals well, and we defended admirably when we had to. Orestis Karnezis once again produced some excellent saves to preserve our lead.

EPL30_Watford_lgetable.thumb.png.d30045c7aa41f1b44ea1a9fe5cb608b6.png

RamsFanzine: Brighton and Cardiff both lost so, whilst you're still 17th, the league table looks a lot better for you.

Stuniverse: It does. And that's very satisfying. But we can't relax for a moment, not with Chelsea home, Liverpool away and Arsenal home as our next three fixtures.

EPL30_Watford_report.thumb.png.e373305be19ff50a6b2aef559238c1a8.png

EPL30_Watford_stats.thumb.png.35ed614de142fe476a2cce8e325022f3.png

EPL30_Watford_analysis.thumb.png.3c1c8f948ce02269192545cad0099e74.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: 9 March 2020

INJURY SETBACK FOR MALONE

RamsFanzine: Derby County's left-back Scott Malone is facing up to five weeks out of action after twisting his ankle in training.

09032020_malone_injury.thumb.png.30fb9612106d90f44e8216fb2425a34c.png

Couldn't have picked at better time to get that 1st road win! Another murderers row stretch coming up but you didn't do so bad against it last time, atleast know you have a small amount of wiggle room. 

Hehehehehe, @JaytheGreat. ‘Murderers row stretch’ I like that. I’m taking some comfort from our recent upturn in form and two of the three murderers being at home.

Next up, Chelsea at home, is probably our best chance as they are lower than Liverpool and Arsenal in the league, but they will have new manager syndrome as Zinedine Zidane has just taken over from Frank Lampard.

My main dilemma for these three games, but specifically the Chelsea home fixture, is whether to stick with the more attacking 4-4-2 that got us back into the Leicester game and saw us defeat Watford or whether to go more cautious with 4-2DM-3-1? At the moment, those are the two options I’m considering as the 4-1-2-3 just isn’t cutting it currently.

A bit of wriggle room is right. Everybody in the bottom four is averaging less than a point a game (including us) so eight points from our eight remaining matches, with our wriggle room of three points, could be enough to see us survive, and I think we can achieve those points. But, if Brighton or Watford go on a good run, I’m not sure we can keep pace with them.

It’s in our own hands - that’s good enough for me at this stage.

Edited by Stuniverse

2/3 at home definitely helps a little bit. Formation wise you gotta stick with whats working and that the more attacking 4-4-2, it's probably going to get you shelled atleast once but the 4-1-2-3 hasn't done anything for you in the points department so go all out. 8 points in 8 games I think will keep you up, that's 2 wins and 2 draws which is very do able. Ah Zinedine Zidane right up there with Jurgen Klopp as my FM 19 nemesis. (Zadane took over Tottenham the year I reached the Premier League in my save ....... my record against him wasn't pretty.   

6 hours ago, JaytheGreat said:

2/3 at home definitely helps a little bit. Formation wise you gotta stick with whats working and that the more attacking 4-4-2, it's probably going to get you shelled atleast once but the 4-1-2-3 hasn't done anything for you in the points department so go all out. 8 points in 8 games I think will keep you up, that's 2 wins and 2 draws which is very do able. Ah Zinedine Zidane right up there with Jurgen Klopp as my FM 19 nemesis. (Zadane took over Tottenham the year I reached the Premier League in my save ....... my record against him wasn't pretty.   

I think I agree with @JaytheGreat on formations, unless your opponents are playing a system with no DM.  Then I might be tempted to play the deep 4-2-3-1, if only because that gives your AMC playmaker a little space.  Still might not do it, but I'd be tempted.

What do the run-ins for Watford and Brighton look like?

Game date: Friday 13 March 2020

HONOURS EVEN AT VICARAGE ROAD

RamsFanzine: Watford closed the gap to Derby County to two points, but missed the chance to go level on points with the Rams, when they drew 2-2 with Cardiff City at Vicarage Road tonight.

13032020_WatfordvCardiff.png

Edited by Stuniverse

3 hours ago, Tajerio said:

What do the run-ins for Watford and Brighton look like?

Great question, @Tajerio. Up until just now I hadn't looked.

Premier League - bottom five

15032020_lgtable.thumb.png.4b97b7f9da3584d7c8ee4d23d2076d42.png

Unlikely that Leicester City will get dragged into it and Cardiff City need a miracle.

REMAINING FIXTURES

17th - Derby County - 28 points, eight matches remaining.

15032020_remaining_Derby.thumb.png.16b25a2646d8d099fd7690d64dd98cfd.png

18th - Watford - 26 points, seven matches remaining.

15032020_remaining_Watford.thumb.png.4a3af51a231463a67c106df6463847ef.png

19th - Brighton and Hove Albion- 24 points, eight matches remaining.

15032020_remaining_Brighton.thumb.png.90333bb329e61a6de8ea531b510baf00.png

20th - Cardiff City - 15 points, seven matches remaining.

15032020_remaining_Cardiff.thumb.png.48968a6baf417b23c03b1b6bec056b9a.png

59 minutes ago, Irobinson69 said:

Looking better now @Stuniverse. Agree to stick with what is working, especially at home. Watford have a nightmare run in so as long as you keep picking up home points, I reckon you’ll be OK.

Brighton may be the greater threat, @Irobinson69, rather than Watford.

Watford and Brighton still have to play each other at Vicarage Road. That could be significant and a draw would probably be the best result for us.

Game date: Sunday 15 March 2020

Pre-match v Chelsea (H) - Premier League (31)

Match Preview

EFL31_Chelsea_preview.thumb.png.a2307b7e2956f3217ad91daf76792d3a.png

RamsFanzine: Chelsea appointed Zinedine Zidane manager just two days ago. Is that good news or bad for you?

Stuniverse: I think it's impossible to know until after the match. On the one hand Zinedine has had hardly any time to work with his players but, on the other hand, they'll be looking to impress their new manager. It also means we have no idea what to expect from Chelsea.

RamsFanzine: Watford dropped two points when they drew with Cardiff on Friday night. A win would take you five points clear of Watford. Can you do it?

Stuniverse: We're playing Chelsea, remember, and they still have some very good players. It's going to be a very difficult challenge but we'll give it everything. Hopefully another sellout Pride Park crowd will give my players a lift.

Team Selection

EFL31_Chelsea_selection.thumb.png.71f33f37a88884c52550d3d56df65585.png

RamsFanzine: Two enforced changes today.

Stuniverse: Yes. Mason Mount can't play against his parent club so Harry Wilson comes back in. Scott Malone is out for a while with an ankle injury and in a difficult decision I've opted for Kevin Rodrigues over Max Lowe.

Post-match: Derby County (2) 2-4 (4) Chelsea

RamsFanzine: How do you sum that match up?

Stuniverse: Hmmmn [shrugs]. I'm tempted to say they were just better than us, but I don't think that's it really. We made too many mistakes, and had too many players below par, and we weren't really ourselves at all. We probably missed Mason Mount's influence. I mean we were 2-0 down after, what, something like five minutes. But then we switched from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 and we looked good for a bit and got back level through goals from Amato Ciciretti and Jack Marriott. But then, before we knew it, they'd scored another two. After the break they managed the game well. We hit the post, Kepa Arizabalaga made a couple of good saves, but we never really looked like getting back into it.

EFL31_Chelsea_lgtable.thumb.png.0661c25fb68ffbb75a64c4351e859ab2.png

RamsFanzine: Watford drew with Cardiff, Brighton didn't play because of the F.A. Cup, it's all very tight down there, isn't it.

Stuniverse: Yes it is. We have to just keep going, keep working hard, and see what we can do.

EFL31_Chelsea_report.thumb.png.51910b81cb7bb9693df9b1198d6cb78b.png

EFL31_Chelsea_stats.thumb.png.d5753a6a86fe2d0feee36c20ca5c2338.png

EFL31_Chelsea_analysis.thumb.png.2c763a82994ef47a1890e0dcb42485df.png

Game date: 17 March 2020

MITCHELL EXTENDS CONTRACT

RamsFanzine: 25-year old goalkeeper Jonathan Mitchell has extended his Rams contract until the summer of 2023.

17032020_mitchell_contract.thumb.png.9266cba06c5d6622f08297ee37c95efb.png

17032020_mitchell.thumb.png.f059a302b3f783b706d8cd44f04550e1.png

12 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Really enjoying this thread! Good luck with the last few games 

Thank you, @karanhsingh. Something tells me we're going to need all the luck we can get.

Game date: 28 March 2020

DOUBLE INJURY BLOW FOR DERBY

RamsFanzine: Derby County's preparations for their trip to Anfield took a blow this week as Max Lowe (ankle) and Amato Ciciretti (knee) were struck down in training this week.

28032020_lowe_injuries.thumb.png.14eb6310b924bce619613a6489e4c71b.png

28032020_ciciretti_injuries.thumb.png.f65ab51957b144a677565cf603434b3d.png

Game date: 29 March 2020

BUFFONGE EXTENDS RAMS DEAL

RamsFanzine: 21-year old midfielder D. J. Buffonge has extended his Rams contract until the summer of 2022.

29032020_buffonge_contract.thumb.png.2b08aca7b37c66795ceb6eaab2da7c29.png

29032020_buffonge.thumb.png.70becb764e6c4b4a342539140be8c586.png

Wouldn't it just be lovely to see you stay up at the expense of Watford too. Their run in looks horrendous, so if you can keep Brighton at bay you should be fine. :thup:

30 minutes ago, coady said:

Wouldn't it just be lovely to see you stay up at the expense of Watford too. Their run in looks horrendous, so if you can keep Brighton at bay you should be fine. :thup:

Thanks, @coady. It's going to be a tense run-in for sure. I agree about Watford having a very difficult run-in.

Game date: Sunday 29 March 2020

Pre-match v Liverpool (a) - Premier League (32)

Match Preview

EPL32_Liverpool_preview.thumb.png.1773a75fa53a5e8e07ba7e80f6c4d7aa.png

RamsFanzine: Brighton beat Leeds 1-0 yesterday to move within a point of you.

Stuniverse: Yes. They did. You're right. Look, we can't control what other teams do, all we can do is focus on what we can do and hope it's enough.

RamsFanzine: Liverpool are 3rd and unbeaten in their last nine matches in all competitions. Can you get a result at Anfield?

Stuniverse: We have to believe so, otherwise there's no point going onto the pitch.

Team Selection

EPL32_Liverpool_selection.thumb.png.c469ea7b473ee6939924dd59a4e510f3.png

RamsFanzine: Five changes today.

Stuniverse: Yes. Harry Wilson can't play against his parent club, but Mason Mount returns. Amato Ciciretti (ankle) is injured so Mason Bennett comes in. Tom Huddlestone and Alfred N'Diaye replace Martyn Waghorn and Domingos Quina, and Andre Wisdom comes in for Jayden Bogle.

Post-match: Liverpool (0) 3-1 (1) Derby County

RamsFanzine: Another defeat.

Stuniverse: Yes. I thought in the first half we competed very well and led at the break through a very good Jack Marriott goal. But Liverpool stepped up after the break and, whilst we did our best, we couldn't live with them in the second half.

RamsFanzine: Mount went off injured. How is he?

Stuniverse: It looks bad. We'll know more after Mason has had a scan.

EPL32_Liverpool_lgtable.thumb.png.258e1cb8f3955f32fa10b8bce435d8a0.png

RamsFanzine: It's no longer in your own hands as Brighton are one point behind you with a game in hand.

Stuniverse: There's still a lot of football to be played yet and Brighton have to win that game in hand before it means anything.

EPL32_Liverpool_report.thumb.png.33074bc1f3e565f67a8ae4c8b15c17bc.png

EPL32_Liverpool_stats.thumb.png.925ffd81b35a1f1468122acc49f6d5a1.png

EPL32_Liverpool_analysis.thumb.png.ecf2d42d42493c272ce13cfd04d45442.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: 30 March 2020

MOUNT OUT FOR FOUR WEEKS

RamsFanzine: Mason Mount is likely to miss four weeks after twisting his ankle in a tackle against Liverpool yesterday.

30032020_mount_injury.thumb.png.94ff229c596c2b7cfbffa8e71ba5d88d.png

Edited by Stuniverse

Game date: 1 April 2020

WILSON ADDS TO DERBY'S INJURY PROBLEMS

RamsFanzine: As if Derby County's injury list wasn't long enough, Harry Wilson has pulled his ankle ligaments in training and looks set to be out for around three weeks.

01042020_wilson_injury.thumb.png.eedb06053d4cdc4001da034a28748953.png

Game date: Saturday 4 April 2020

Pre-match v Arsenal (H) - Premier League (33)

Match Preview

EPL33_Arsenal_preview.thumb.png.7e10fd80f3c8acd49be85b039d439e72.png

RamsFanzine: Watford lost 4-1 at home to Tottenham last night.

Stuniverse: They did. And that helps us. But it's about time we started helping ourselves.

RamsFanzine: Arsenal are 5th, but their form's been a bit up and down of late. Do you fancy your chances?

Stuniverse: Unai Emery has some quality players at his disposal and we're anticipating a very difficult match.

Team Selection

EPL33_Arsenal_selection.thumb.png.af2187835c1dc97f07a4f9747a813b5c.png

RamsFanzine: How's your injury list looking?

Stuniverse: Not good. Scott Malone, Max Lowe, Mason Mount and Harry Wilson are all out with ankle injuries. George Thorne is in rehabilitation after his cruciate ligaments injury. There is some good news as Amato Ciciretti returned to training this week after his knee injury.

RamsFanzine: Two changes.

Stuniverse: Domingos Quina in for the injured Mason Mount and Amato Ciciretti returns from injury for Mason Bennett.

Post-match: Derby County (0) 0-2 (1) Arsenal

RamsFanzine: Another defeat. What was the difference?

Stuniverse: Yes. For the most part I thought it was an even game and we competed well, but they had quality attacking players and were more clinical in front of goal than us.

RamsFanzine: Brighton are one point behind you with two games in hand. It's not getting any easier, is it?

Stuniverse: No. You can say that again.

EPL33_Arsenal_report.thumb.png.5ea291370d4cc34fd0a8f25b810ed64e.png

EPL33_Arsenal_stats.thumb.png.a83b1d24a3238cc184120773a276dc77.png

EPL33_Arsenal_analysis.thumb.png.c6a2a9de5619cc98a9b4434d27e25d37.png

Game date: Sunday 5 April 2020

BRIGHTON ESCAPE THE RELEGATION ZONE

RamsFanzine: In a thrilling match at St. James Park, Brighton and Hove Albion came back from 3-1 down to win 4-3 and escape the relegation zone.

Derby County  drop into the bottom three.

05042020_results.thumb.png.6a1e08668bdd2122d5ffb3250c4ae7e6.png

Game date: Wednesday 8 April 2020

MAN UTD HIT BRIGHTON FOR SIX

RamsFanzine: Brighton and Hove Albion's game in hand came to nothing as they lost 6-0 to Manchester United at Old Trafford.

08042020_results.thumb.png.f229ab2ab64ff7cde16bbe7594d83c8f.png

Game date: 11 April 2020

RAMS SQUAD UNHAPPY WITH STUNIVERSE

RamsFanzine understands that a large group of senior squad players, led by club captain Richard Keogh, demanded show down talks with Rams manager Stuniverse over the poor dressing room atmosphere. We understand from a club source that manager go the players back onside by pointing out that as a collective group of players the dressing room atmosphere was largely down to them and they could do a lot themselves to improve it.

11042020_squad_unhappy.thumb.png.271f886ad55baaed6298d0d9253a354d.png

11042020_squad_unhappy2.thumb.png.991057c5e268d29fac5706a4889216b3.png