[Suggestion] Inform board that you will be leaving at the end of the season

darthlemon

I'm currently in the final season of my contract and I would love the option to go to the board to inform them that I will be leaving when my contract expires.

This could obviously go one of two ways; amicably (i.e. Guardiola with Bayern Munich) or perhaps they'd take the news badly and opt to fire me on the spot. This could depend on your relationship with the board and level of success you've achieved with them.

A knock on effect of this discussion could perhaps be that they'd be less (or more?) likely to sack you, knowing that you are leaving the club anyway. Maybe they'd even try to bribe you to stay by offering you a bigger transfer/wage budget, stadium, etc.

Depending on your reputation and profile as a manager, the media would react and other clubs could potentially court you prior to the end of the season (once again, Guardiola with City). 

I've wanted this feature for a long time, as it would add some clarity to your position in the final year of a contract, when you aren't interested in staying with your club. Currently, you're something of a lame duck till the end of the year, turning down contracts and having no real communication with the board about what will be coming next.

Good idea. In leagues where you aren't allowed to take charge of another club in the same season are you allowed to interview if there's an opening mid-season and telling them you'd like to take charge at the end of the season, or does it not let you interview at all?

Okay, I'm an idiot and didn't realize you can now do this. I'm a long time FM player but I didn't play FM18, and only recently purchased FM19. Just saw this feature today. Not sure whether it was implemented in this year's edition or last year's, but thanks SI, and my apologies too. One step ahead of me as always. :ackter:

No I'm asking. I know in job interviews they ask if you want to take charge now or you need more time, but I've only ever interviewed in the offseason and I've only ever said "I'm ready now" so I have no idea how this works or if they'd let you take half a season or something to do it. Has anyone successfully done this?

Once you’re half way through the season and attend a job interview you’ll be asked if you want to take charge immediately or at the end of the season. In my present save I said that I wanted to complete the rest of the season At the same club. I was successful in the job application and joined the new club at the end of the season. I can’t remember the exact date but I’m pretty sure that I was transferred to the new club sometime during May.

I did it, left my club in Hong Kong to go back to N.I but wanted to see out the season first and it was accepted and agreed. I think I signed the contract in January and took over in May or June. You cede all control of contracts, transfers, etc though - you pick the team and nowt else until you go. Never done the 'resign at end of season' option but I assume that follows a similar path.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived