Official Q+A Thread - Activation / DRM

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wonder if anyone can help me here???

brought the game the other day installed fine on my brand new laptop went to play it comes up with activation screen i then do the phone activation 3 times i may add and actually get to the end and say activated but yet i go to play it and i get the same stupid screen??? i have sent 4 tickets to customer helpline and guess what no reply??? this has to be the worst idea of activating games surely??? any help would be greatly appreciated... oh by the way i have no internet on the laptop that the game is installed on so cant do via the net? any ideas people?

regards.

g'day

i bought Fm in december played it for a few months and my computer has recently been stolen... so i am now using a new computer, but i have found that i havnt been allowed to use my keycode. I have tried deactivating it on this link: http://deactivation.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ but comes up with unable to deactivate.

im not sure wat to do, during the period i was getting a new computer i had let my cousin borrow it.. will that affect it??

• 3 weeks later...

i've installed FM09 on a new Macbook and installed the game - which ran fine on my old pc laptop. Installation, transfer of save games, updating of versions all went fine. but when it comes to activating it (the game says this is compulsory once i load up a game) i enter the keycode (which is correct according to the keycode checker website) it keeps saying that the keycode is either too long or incorrect length.

has anyone else come across this problem or knows a solution?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

will the new version remove the 5 limit activation thing?

Also, please REMOVE the activation thing on the new version because it's like SI doesn't trust his buyers and fans.

Best edition was 97-98, where you didn't need a cd in drive or any other stuff to make the game working.

I really don't understand those developers. Everything made by man, can be cracked so why bother putting protection on a game???

If you ask democratic prices for a game, like 20euro's, no one will download the game illegaly, and everyone is happy. But oh no, SI wants 50euros for game with major issues.

Shame on you!

This was the last game i bought.

Next one will be "found" on the net.

What you give is what you get..

I am constantly being asked for a Soft Anchor certificate saying my trial has ended (but i purchased the game as nomal) and when i enter my registration key from the manual as requested it says this is wrong and that i have to purchase an unlock key from SIGAMES.com. I have tried mailing uniloc but with no reply in over a week. Any ideas on how to rememdy this issue?

Hey everyone :)

I've recently moved house and lost my Product/Activation Key.

It says I can purchase a new one?

I don't really know what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Tom.

• 2 weeks later...

A question that might have been answered before. i bought the game through steam and put it on one computer. I'm now trying to put it on a second computer. when I enter the activation code from steam, it says the code has been used before and I need to contact sega to purchase a new code. How do i put the game on a 2nd computer?

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have got my question right, but I'll post it just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. I bought the game (with the DVD) on release and have only played it on my personal computer. No my brother has got a new PC, and wants to install the game. Of course I don't want us to use the same Steam-account, but I think the Steam-alternative is better than the others, so I want to install the game normally on his Vista-PC with Steam. I think I then only have to install the game as normally and follow screen instructions, but when I enter the activation key, will it say that it is already active or is everything alright cause he has another Steam-account?

• 1 month later...

I activated the game at my mums house (with internet connection - using STEAM) where i was able to play the game fine.

However, when i took my laptop to my dads house to play the game (without internet connection) it said that STEAM was currently running on another windows system or something along those lines and the game failed to launch.

what's the problem?

• Administrators

So you've already activated the game on the laptop? If so you can run the game without opening up Steam by doing the following:

I want to play the game without using Steam but cannot find the desktop icon

You can play it without loading up Steam by doing the following:

Go to C: Program Files - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2009

Inside this folder you will find the FM09.exe

Create a shortcut here, and drag it onto your desktop

The game will now work without running steam - make sure Steam is NOT already running on your computer when you do this.

Okay, thanks Neil. I did try this, but i'm sure i did it when STEAM was running at the time. I'll try it without STEAM running. Nice one.

So you've already activated the game on the laptop? If so you can run the game without opening up Steam by doing the following:

I want to play the game without using Steam but cannot find the desktop icon

You can play it without loading up Steam by doing the following:

Go to C: Program Files - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2009

Inside this folder you will find the FM09.exe

Create a shortcut here, and drag it onto your desktop

The game will now work without running steam - make sure Steam is NOT already running on your computer when you do this.

I tried this Neil, but a message appears when i try to launch the game from the shortcut saying "This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". Is this the case?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I purchased football manager 2009 in October of last year. At that time I installed the game and entered the key which came with it. Everything worked fine and I was able to play the game. Recently I tried to play the game again after not playing it for a few months. I was asked for the key again. Unfortunately I can't find the manual with the code on it. I do however have everything else. Why did I have to re-enter my key? Is there anyway I can retrieve my product key based on the information I still have such as the case?

• Administrators
I tried this Neil, but a message appears when i try to launch the game from the shortcut saying "This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". Is this the case?

You are receiving the error: ‘This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

Fix: Please download the file from here and place in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

• Administrators
Hi

I purchased football manager 2009 in October of last year. At that time I installed the game and entered the key which came with it. Everything worked fine and I was able to play the game. Recently I tried to play the game again after not playing it for a few months. I was asked for the key again. Unfortunately I can't find the manual with the code on it. I do however have everything else. Why did I have to re-enter my key? Is there anyway I can retrieve my product key based on the information I still have such as the case?

You'll probably have to contact Sega support - this can be done through here - http://help.sega.com/?group=default&t=EnglishUK

You'll need to sign in with the same details you use to sign into our forums. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

basically I have recently installed Windows 7 onto my laptop and it has uninstalled FM 2009. Now I cannot find my CD case with the code on it, But I have the CD, what can i do? Oh and I cant find anythin in the registry.

If you have installed Windows 7 then there will be nothing in your registry or hard drive, because by installing Windows 7 you have wiped your hard drive and registry. When you install any new Operating System it is like FDisking your hard drive.

So will I be able to get fm back onto my laptop without my cd key from the case?

Hi

I also bought the game last year (through Steam) and have played since with no issues...HOWEVER, I go to load it up today after not playing it for about 3 days and now it's asking for the key to allow online activation. I thought this was a llittle odd but copied it down from Steam, pasted it in, clicked to verify and was then advised that my key was already in use and I'd probably need to buy a new one....clearly this isn't going to happen nor should I need to, so, any ideas?

Archived