Official Q+A Thread - Activation / DRM

• SI Staff
i keep getting fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. the game wont start at all and i have registered what should i do?

You are running the patch code arent you (v9.1)

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
The problem I have is that I am able to get through to the game after typing in my code. However, I switched it off (to load it again), as I have read in previous posts that after you quit it, you are not able to re-load it. So I tried, and now I am not able to re-load the game. The softAnchor option does not even re-appear.

Muzcahp, where are you?

Can you try delete the following directories and try again

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Woah, what a relief!!

Finally, more than 24 hours after buying the game, I have made it work. It has been a long wait and a painful one, but Ive got to thank everyone on this forum who were so supportive.

I will now be on hand to try to help those who have been unsuccessful so far.

This is how it worked for me, but I am NOT making any promises:

If you have installed it before, UNINSTALL it, including Steam.

Go to Program Files and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder.

Re-install the game, using UNILOC.

Type in your code on SoftAnchor (but first check it on the website provided in previous posts to ensure every letter is right.

It should initialize and work.

Open the game using the 'Program Files', NOT the desktop icon.

ENJOY!!

I said to be patient. Once you have this problem sorted, this game is going to be awesome, trust me.

PS. Please remember my problems may have been different to yours. Read my previous posts to see whether we had similar problems and to see what they exactly were. I got the problem of -1003.

Now there is the issue of Data Editor, which does NOT work. Has anyone made their Editor work?

It activates on Soft Anchor, I click "OK" then nothing happens.

I then double click FM.exe again and get the Soft Anchor screen, again with the tiral over message, put in my code, successful activation then nothing again - repeat for ever.

Win XP steam of Unilock no difference.

PLEASE HELP!

Marc:

Any one else have this problem?

I then double click FM.exe again and get the Soft Anchor screen, again with the tiral over message, put in my code, successful activation then nothing again - repeat for ever.

Win XP steam of Unilock no difference.

I still need advice on this.

i used Uniloc dont bother with steam

I installed this on my gaming desktop pc and brothers laptop all works fine.Btw not sure if i should mention this but my game runs without the disc even if the drive is this the same for eveyone else

Nice to see you got your game sorted ArsenalFan just a millon or more people to go lmao

I find this all quite amusing really.Not funny for the guys like Marc Duffy though and i shall do what i can to help anyone also

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate waht others are going through. I was in the same boat. Besides, my version is not fully up and running.

Like you, my friend, I will be trying to help people, as I am not like those fools at SI, who, for the last fiive hours have dissapeared.

I have followed your suggestion ArsenalFanatic but still no joy.

Several other people have this issue but I have not found anyone who has solved it.

Thanks

Ive seen it all last 2 hrs i been reading the posts even got guys giving there keycodes to others trying to get there games going.That aint a good idea in my book.But as for the guys at SI.Ive seen Marc Duffy here doing all he can.The word swamped comes to mind.Never seen so much chaos on a messageboard

Just a case of to many users with problems not enough SI guys

Mine worked at the second attempt last night.

Here is what I did:

1) Inserted DVD.

2) Installed it selecting non-steam online authorisation.

3) After it installed I did nothing, didn't click on anything, just waited, after an age the authorisation screen came up of it's own accord.

4) I then typed in the code from the back of the book without looking up from the keyboard or worrying about how many characters were in each box.

5) Then clicked authorise - it did not accept the code - so I returned to the code input screen.

6) I did the same with the code but changed all letter 'O' for the number '0'

7) This was accepted and it worked.

8) I then did a direct rapidshare search for the patch and downloaded it.

All works fine.

Hopefully someone will benefit from coppying my approach - if not I am not enough of a computer guru to offer any more advice.

Good luck all.

PS: my editor works but I am patched up

PPS: you should be able to authorise it anywhere in the world

Please can someone answer me?

All the post here are about activation issues, but it seems that I am the only one who can't download the game.

I pre-pruchased the game on november 13th, and I paid it with my credit card. I installed steam and it works properly...but the game is set as "unavalaible" so I can't download it.

What is the problem? Is there an issue because I am in Canada? Do I have to stop the payment on my Visa? Have I been fooled?

Thank's

I dont think anyone will ever be problem-free. Althoguh I have been able to start the game, I now have the problem that when I play, you can still see the Windows Tool Bar at ath bottome of the screen.

Any know how to get rid of it?

take it off windowed mode in the display preferences.

Don't forget to patch it before you play it - you'll need to edit Ogogo's loan to Barnet as well.

It's 5 machines whichever way you authorise.

Please can someone answer me?

All the post here are about activation issues, but it seems that I am the only one who can't download the game.

I pre-pruchased the game on november 13th, and I paid it with my credit card. I installed steam and it works properly...but the game is set as "unavalaible" so I can't download it.

What is the problem? Is there an issue because I am in Canada? Do I have to stop the payment on my Visa? Have I been fooled?

Thank's

Contact STEAM - may be waiting for payment to go through if you only did it on the 13th.

Check with your VISA provider to ask if they have a pending payment or if it's already gone through.

I have followed your suggestion ArsenalFanatic but still no joy.

Several other people have this issue but I have not found anyone who has solved it.

Thanks

Does this version have EDITOR? Is it working for you?

When I try to open it, I get this message:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\tools\dat editor\data editor.fxe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

What is this patch thing? What happens if I dont download it?

You got to be joking?

On main screen from where you can start new game or select other saved games there will be a selection of icons in the bottom right corner including 'check for updates' click on this and if SIs servers are working you'll get links to the patch which is an update correcting loads of game problems.

If you did it through steam though it will be patched automatically.

The patch was developed to counter the huge number of bugs found in the demo.

Hi, whenever i try to activate my code through Uniloc i keep getting the same message come up 'We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key, please visit: http://www.sigames.com.' and underneath that 'Error : [-51]'.

I know im typing in the right code because i've checked online and there is nothing on the sigames website about getting a new key.

Please Help!

I'm also getting this but mine is 'Error : [821]

Please help.

Hi Marc / All,

I'm getting the "cannot connect to internet" error when it gets to the "initializing stage". I've tried using STEAM, but it didn't work well for me so have been trying to use UNILOC, but am still getting the same error every time I type in my code and press "next". Have tried uninstalling many times and reinstalling the game, but still the same internet error occurs. Could I have some advice on this please, what do I need to do!!!!!?!?!?

Many thanks

When I try to run the game from Steam it tells me the game is unavailable... How can the game be unavailable?!?! What's going on?! Help!!

I am having the same problem jonny lad. I have been posing requests for an answer to this since 8am and have been ignored all day, I see Mark from SEGA has been on to answer other queries but keeps ignoring this one, I presume they do not know the answer to this problem.....complete farce.

hi

i thought i would post this in here rather than make a new post , i would like to know if i get this game from a shop (case dvd version) do i still need to use the steam program?

thanks

Hi Marc / All,

I'm getting the "cannot connect to internet" error when it gets to the "initializing stage". I've tried using STEAM, but it didn't work well for me so have been trying to use UNILOC, but am still getting the same error every time I type in my code and press "next". Have tried uninstalling many times and reinstalling the game, but still the same internet error occurs. Could I have some advice on this please, what do I need to do!!!!!?!?!?

Many thanks

yup, im still the same problem, just going to try completely uninstalling fm n trying it again with uniloc, see what happens :s so gutting :(

Hi, whenever i try to activate my code through Uniloc i keep getting the same message come up 'We were unable to process your unlock request. To receive a new key, please visit: http://www.sigames.com.' and underneath that 'Error : [-51]'.

I know im typing in the right code because i've checked online and there is nothing on the sigames website about getting a new key.

Please Help!

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

please help me!!!! ive installed the game but it wont open. on steam it comes up with an error about not haing installed the graphics and via the other option I verified etc and then when i clicked on the game the following message appeared... fm. exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for any inconvenience." i got this message when trying to download the demo to. any suggestions. please help. am desperate to get cracking!!!!

I installed the game with my activation code via steam and was playing fine but my laptop was a little slow so i decided to restore its settings, ive now tried several times to install it again however no look i jus wnt run 4 some reason, any help would we appreciated! thanks! apologies if this question has been asked and answered previously

Woah, what a relief!!

Finally, more than 24 hours after buying the game, I have made it work. It has been a long wait and a painful one, but Ive got to thank everyone on this forum who were so supportive.

I will now be on hand to try to help those who have been unsuccessful so far.

This is how it worked for me, but I am NOT making any promises:

If you have installed it before, UNINSTALL it, including Steam.

Go to Program Files and delete the 'Sports Interactive' folder.

Re-install the game, using UNILOC.

Type in your code on SoftAnchor (but first check it on the website provided in previous posts to ensure every letter is right.

It should initialize and work.

Open the game using the 'Program Files', NOT the desktop icon.

ENJOY!!

I said to be patient. Once you have this problem sorted, this game is going to be awesome, trust me.

PS. Please remember my problems may have been different to yours. Read my previous posts to see whether we had similar problems and to see what they exactly were. I got the problem of -1003.

Now there is the issue of Data Editor, which does NOT work. Has anyone made their Editor work?

Hey bud i had my game nstalled and then rebooted my pc as it was a bit slow i then went to reinstall game with no joy on steam and when i try via internet uniloc nothing comes up...then game is on desktop but will not open and comes up with an error message...please help cheers

I installed the game with my activation code via steam and was playing fine but my laptop was a little slow so i decided to restore its settings, ive now tried several times to install it again however no look i jus wnt run 4 some reason, any help would we appreciated! thanks! apologies if this question has been asked and answered previously

I uninstalled the game when it said I wasn't connected to the internet. Afterwards, I entered the disc again and it wouldn't even load the install. If you're in the same boat you need to click my computer, right click on the disc drive and hit explore, then double click on installer launcher. This should allow you to install the game again.

I installed Steam, logged in with the details I had registered with on my first attempt, and it took me straight on to the game.

So far so good since that point.

Archived