[FM19] [WIP] Australia Realist A-League Expansion

About

This is another Hyundai A-League expansion file. But unlike previously released files, this one aims to be realistic :

- All current rules of the A-League (salary cap, registration rules, etc) are untouched

- No changes to regens rating or whatsoever

- Realistic reputation changes to match the expansion

Nb: I'm not Australian and only have a slight interest into the A-League,  so there are some aspects i might not master.

League Structure

- Hyundai A-League : From 10 teams to 16 teams

- Hyundai A-League 2 : 14 teams

- 3rd level (inactive regional divisions). Name to be determined. Should contain most NPL teams.

- Westfield FFA Cup : 32 teams. A-League + A-League 2 

- A-League National Youth League 1 et 2 : match the senior leagues

There should be only one spot for relegation and promotion for the A-League as the FFA wish to maintain financial stability. But this can be subject to discussions. No relegation from the A-League 2.

Rules

Rules of the A-League remain exactly the same.

Rules of the A-League should apply to the A-League 2. Though, there should be some slight modifications to those. Salary cap should be decreased (to how much). Marquee player reduced to 1. Maybe decrease the maximum number of over20 players?

Teams

A-League: All the original teams (10) + Canberra United, North Queensland Fury, Auckland City, Geelong, Western Melbourne (working name), South Western Sydney (working name)

A-League 2: South Melbourne, Brisbane Strikers, Gold Coast United, Ipswich, Darwin FC, Tasmania United, Sunshine Coast FC, Adelaide City FC, Cairns,  Wollongong Wolves FC, NZ 3, Fremantle, Dandenong + one more

I'm still unsure on the teams and the names. I tried to pick the best markets and the most realistic expansions. Any recommandations are welcome.

To fill the rosters of new made clubs, i will give them a good budget and transfer a couple of players from NPL sides.

To do list

- Build the new structure in the advanced editor (70% done)

- Create the new teams and graphics

- Create a separate file allowing New Zealand teams to qualify for the AFC Champions League (100% done)

Expected released date : In about 1 or 2 weeks

If you want a 'real' version don't add Geelong, there is no intrest in football there and West Melbourne have already shown they want to build a fanbase there.

I'd personally say the biggest areas for Expansion (in order) are

-Canberra
-Wollongong

-Hobart

-Dandenong

-Ipswich

-Perth 2nd

-Adelaide 2nd

-Sydney 4th (South Sydney)

Other slots should be filled with the top NPL clubs including South Melbourne, Heidelberg United, Marconi Stallions, APIA Leichardt, Adelaide City, Brisbane Strikers

Just some suggestions, will be following this.

il y a 8 minutes, SweetDee69 a dit :

If you want a 'real' version don't add Geelong, there is no intrest in football there and West Melbourne have already shown they want to build a fanbase there.

I'd personally say the biggest areas for Expansion (in order) are

-Canberra
-Wollongong

-Hobart

-Dandenong

-Ipswich

-Perth 2nd

-Adelaide 2nd

-Sydney 4th (South Sydney)

Other slots should be filled with the top NPL clubs including South Melbourne, Heidelberg United, Marconi Stallions, APIA Leichardt, Adelaide City, Brisbane Strikers

Just some suggestions, will be following this.

Thanks for the feedback.

Im a bit reluctant on filling with NPL clubs because many of them are based in cities where there are already some expansions. I'm planning on adding only Adelaide City, Brisbane Strikers and probably South Melbourne.

il y a 30 minutes, prot651 a dit :

Could be the fact they don't have stadiums yet so I noticed ? But I took the Squad selection out of Hyundai A league and it worked 

Australia Expanded 2.fmf

Yes the squad selection rule was causing problem. I didn't remove it but applied it to the Hyundai League 2 and somehow it worked.

I finished the structure of the leagues. I need to do the finalize the database and i will create a youth league.

Il y a 2 heures, ppflanel a dit :

Sounds great! Can't wait for the release ;)

Thank you, i hope to release it next week.

Doing some testing right now. Expansions teams not doing bad and surprisingly, Victory got relegated after 3 seasons

Capture d’écran 2019-01-03 à 15.51.38.png

16 hours ago, ClemB said:

Thank you, i hope to release it next week.

Doing some testing right now. Expansions teams not doing bad and surprisingly, Victory got relegated after 3 seasons

Capture d’écran 2019-01-03 à 15.51.38.png

Looks promising! And new zealand teams can qualify for AFC champions League? Or is it hardcoded?

Il y a 4 heures, ppflanel a dit :

Looks promising! And new zealand teams can qualify for AFC champions League? Or is it hardcoded?

I will make a separate file allowing New Zealand teams to qualify.

The only downside is that they wont generating NZ regens.

23 hours ago, ClemB said:

I will make a separate file allowing New Zealand teams to qualify.

The only downside is that they wont generating NZ regens.

No prob I'll just sign NZ players ;) .

Maybe it's an idea to leave Auckland City out of the A league and replace them with the former new zealand team which is now defunct. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Knights_FC

Il y a 2 heures, ppflanel a dit :

No prob I'll just sign NZ players ;) .

Maybe it's an idea to leave Auckland City out of the A league and replace them with the former new zealand team which is now defunct. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Knights_FC

I'm not so sure about this considering Knights popularity :D I think most people would prefer Auckland City ? You can always change it with the editor.

Quick update. Rosters are done. Clubs informations too.

Testing is going good. I'm also trying to fix the A-League NPL squads issue (A-League NPL sides are listed as a feeder club and not as a youth team). But it seems impossible to have a A-League NPL side playing a competition (NPL) and be a youth team (or B team) as the same time. Which is weird because it was working last year and it works this year for teams like Barcelona and Barcelona B.

Phoenix Reserves and Auckland Reserves are playing in the New Zealand premier division, no problems there.

40 minutes ago, ClemB said:

I'm not so sure about this considering Knights popularity :D I think most people would prefer Auckland City ? You can always change it with the editor.

Quick update. Rosters are done. Clubs informations too.

Testing is going good. I'm also trying to fix the A-League NPL squads issue (A-League NPL sides are listed as a feeder club and not as a youth team). But it seems impossible to have a A-League NPL side playing a competition (NPL) and be a youth team (or B team) as the same time. Which is weird because it was working last year and it works this year for teams like Barcelona and Barcelona B.

Phoenix Reserves and Auckland Reserves are playing in the New Zealand premier division, no problems there.

No prob, was just an idea ;)

Nice work you've done by now, keep it up!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Le 08/03/2019 à 18:05, pickers18 a dit :

Did you ever get this db file to a useable state? Seems like the thread just dropped off!

Yes. I can give you the link by private message if you want.

It was almost 100% finished.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Le 05/08/2019 à 00:00, <<Macaco-RJ88>> a dit :

Did this project ever get completed?

Yes I finished the database but there was some issues i was never able to fix (A-League clubs finances plunging).

Now that FM2020 is coming I decided to focus on other projects. I may do another Australia db on the next FM.

Archived