Offsides are horribly broken

I've seen the following errors with offsides in this version.

- ball deflects off a defender when another defender kicked it into him, to my player stood offside, hes given offside even though you can't be offside if the opposition give you the ball.

- about 4,000,000 times a player in no way interfering with play is offside and a play who is scores, it's given offside because of the guy in the bottom corner of the pitch.

- Players being given offside because well the game just decides to put the offside line about 8 defenders back for some reason!

This is absolutely game breaking for me at this point!

I have a problem with the offside rule. It is the second time (in my 6 month save) that the opponent attacker shoots, the ball deflects on my player but goes to another attacker who is offside all the time. The latter scores but no offside given. I have saved the match for the second incident.

It is hard not to notice how horrible the offside decisions are. Like the AI doesn't know the rules. 

So many times is a player not even close to the ball offside and a pass from to completely different players is made and offside given for the third player.

If a player isnot influencing play he is not offside. It is really a shame it doesn't seem to work that way in Fm19.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2018 at 14:07, kiwityke1983 said:

I've seen the following errors with offsides in this version.

- ball deflects off a defender when another defender kicked it into him, to my player stood offside, hes given offside even though you can't be offside if the opposition give you the ball.

- about 4,000,000 times a player in no way interfering with play is offside and a play who is scores, it's given offside because of the guy in the bottom corner of the pitch.

- Players being given offside because well the game just decides to put the offside line about 8 defenders back for some reason!

This is absolutely game breaking for me at this point!

I totally agree, having experienced all of the above!

Another blatant one is when a player attempts a cross from the byline, the cross is blocked by a defender and rebounds to the player on the byline who is given offside!

I've also had players given offside when the ball has been played backwards to them!

The only thing the game seems to be taking into account when judging offsides is whether ANY attacking player is in an offside position when a ball is played, regardless of who played it or where it was played from.

No-one can say that any of these are built-in human error to add realism. These are not borderline calls, they are the game not applying the most basic rules of the game of football.

This needs sorting......PLEASE SI!

Happened to me yesterday. Player one (can't remember who) shoots outside of the area. Player the ball bounces to the post, comes back to player two. He then passes to Morata who was offside, he scores and the goal is given. The replay shows the offside line WHEN player one shoots but not when player two passes to Morata.

• 2 months later...

Yet another bizarre offside decision. My winger crosses from the byline, striker heads the cross against the crossbar, the ball comes back off the bar to the same striker who scores from the rebound. The striker is given offside and the goal ruled out. I checked in the report and it's definitely the striker who is given offside! Basically, he's been given offside when he's passed to himself! 

Again, this is not the simulation of human error, it's the game not applying the rules. In short.......IT'S A BUG!

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

In real life Premier League there is an average of less than 2 offside calls per match. In FM I’ve never seen a match with as few as 2 offsides. Usually 6 to 10. 

The FM football players are either very dumb, very lazy or both. Ha! 

14 hours ago, 3runhomer said:

In real life Premier League there is an average of less than 2 offside calls per match. In FM I’ve never seen a match with as few as 2 offsides. Usually 6 to 10. 

The FM football players are either very dumb, very lazy or both. Ha! 

I hope you mean after a goal is scored and not just general offsides.

Archived