This should be "a thing" when taking over the club you support.

..Valhalla..

Why don't the chairmen recognise your support of their club in the "welcome to [club]" meeting? That question about learning more about the club, off the top of my head the answers available are:

• That's a great idea, I'd love to learn more about the club
  • I guess it couldn't hurt (something like that?)
  • No it's ok, I researched the club before taking the role

When I take over Liverpool or Borussia Dortmund I'd like to be able to say: "I support the club and probably know more than you..." 

Although realistically it shouldn't even be a question that is asked. The chairman could perhaps mention you being a supporter and how good that is since you already care before you even start the job, something like that. The media mention it in the first press conference but the chairmen/women seem to think you blew in from The Antarctic and haven't a clue.

25 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

No not when taking over but when I've interviewed for my favorite club, the chairman has asked if I'll be able to effectively handle the responsibilities of a club "so close to my heart". 

Yeah I've had this, but in the meeting after getting the job the same chairman will ask the question about whether I want to know more about the club... it's kinda daft. 

• 3 months later...

Archived