Should I lose the FA Cup Final?

So in my current FM17  save as Tottenham I have made them the best team in the world pretty much win everything year in year out. Currently in 2041 and just made the FC Cup final only to be drawn against MK Dons of League One who have had one hell of a run to the final. They have beat 4 Prem teams including Arsenal and Liverpool plus have yet to concede a goal in the comp. 

I just feel like this one of run deserves to end in glory, they have never gone past the 4th round in the save. I don't even play my 1st team until the semi/final stage and its 3rd priority after the league and Champions League.

So do I let them win or dash their dream and add the FA Cup to the League, League Cup, Charity Shield, Euro Super Cup, World Club Cup and possible Champions League?

How would you go easy on them, exactly? I imagine the quality of player is such that they'd have to perfectly execute a gameplan designed specifically to counter your system in order to be in with a chance. Even if you load up your team with contradictory instructions and odd positions your quality may shine through. 

Also - if you have the chance of the septuple, have you ever managed to win all 7 in the same season before? If no, I'd go for it. Screw romance, this is a glorified spreadsheet, and spreadsheets are the tools of those most un-romantic of professions - tax officers, accountants, and white collar workers who don't actually know what they're doing but are terrified of being unemployed. 

No- this is sport and throwing a game is cheating, being condescending to the opposition, upsetting to the supporters who pay your wages and will expect a win and how can you be taken seriously as a top-flight manager if you do that?

Many years ago, I had a similar situation in another football computer game (well, it barely resembled football). Managing Premiership champions Millwall, I got through to the FA Cup Final, where I played Division 3 Mansfield. I replayed that Final so many times, but it seemed almost impossible for my team to lose... and then Mansfield finally got a 10-9 win on penalties. :D

Anyway, to answer your question, I wouldn't throw the Final in your situation. For starters, if you haven't won the septuple before, you might never have a better opportunity to do so.

Also... it's MK Dons. There haven't been many less likeable underdogs than them, you have to admit. ;)

If they deserve to end their run in glory, they'll win the match.  It isn't glorious if you intentionally try to donk them the match.

It isn't like MK Dons running to the Final isn't glorious enough as it is... no one in the world would expect a win, even having beaten 4 other Premier League opponents.

There's just no way I'd ever try to throw a match in any type of game, but especially not in a computer game where the only one that will truly give a **** would be me. :)

Ah well I chose to play my 2nd string which is probably still good enough to win the Prem and it turned out as expected. They put up a good fight as it was 0-0 at half time despite have 10 shots on goal but 2nd half was a bloodbath and we ran out 7-0 winners.

Archived