Poll: How many seasons do you play before quitting?

How many seasons do you play before quitting for a new save?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. On FM 18, How many seasons do you typically play before quitting for a new save? (Obs: if you play multiple saves, count it from the time you stop a current save to create a new one).

• up to 5 seasons (around 2022)
    • between 6 and 10 seasons (between 2023 and 2027)
    • between 11 and 15 seasons (between 2028 and 2033)
    • between 16 and 20 seasons (between 2034 and 2039)
    • more than 21 seasons (2040 and beyond)

1 hour ago, Snorks said:

wife and kids? :lol:

Wives can handle themselves they don't need a man to check on them, kids shouldn't need their hand holding through life.

Ceiling collapses on you, you get yourself out like an adult. Why back in my day we'd have ceilings collapsing on us all the time, ASBESTOS ceilings, and then walk the 3 miles to school, making sure we were back in time for supper before dad came back from the mines.

Once engaged in a save, usually 40-50 seasons.  Before I found challenges, I'd do a Journeyman save, start my character at 25 with no experience and accomplish whatever I could before he turned 75, which I treated as mandatory retirement.  

I've had computer and life problems the last two versions, but I'm embarking on another mega save as we speak.

53 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

Wives can handle themselves they don't need a man to check on them, kids shouldn't need their hand holding through life.

Ceiling collapses on you, you get yourself out like an adult. Why back in my day we'd have ceilings collapsing on us all the time, ASBESTOS ceilings, and then walk the 3 miles to school, making sure we were back in time for supper before dad came back from the mines.

Ahhhh....and you think YOU had it hard?

• 1 year later...

CM 03/04 was my first proper manager experience and I did about three seasons over 18 months (the loading speed was awful)

I did 15 seasons on FM05 with a few other saves around 3 seasons.

I'm not sure if I used a patch for FM05 but I managed to get Beckham to the 2014 world cup at the ripe age of 38 and I had  Danish left back and an Austrian DM/CM with amazing technical stats but physically looked worse than me.

I had no idea how to work the training and they all gradually got worse.

I'd love to go back to FM 05 with what I learnt playing FM08 in which I had one save spanning 15 seasons with many 'projects'.

I tried to create a GB team and created a pool of GB qualified players ( all the players not good enough for the home nations and don't get capped historically in the game) for the 2012 Olympics.

That game crashed before it even got to games though.

I made the reputations of teams more balanced and improved 100s of clubs training facilities and made a bigger pool of coaches with the right coaches to "coach" players of other teams.

I attempted to swap Malta with Germany with partial success being Malta were now heavyweights of the world while Germany struggled with the best top 40 players I inherited to them.

12 seasons in "Malta' have two playable players in the team..

I'm one of those players who never used or even heard of FM scout or the in-play editor but I did enjoy playing with the pre game editor for multiple scenarios. 

I had so many international competitions saved a day before squads to be submitted. 

I tried to get my pals to play network games with me but I was the only FM player I really knew.

Everyone else was fifa.

FM 12 or 13 I did two seasons and never played it since. I don't even have a PC anymore.

I'm cracking out for FM however and I'm looking for the FM05 and 08 experience again.

I'm even looking at buying a decent computer to play those games with loads of leagues running.  An experience I've never had on any FM. (Poor man's computers )

Edit. Apologies.  Wrong thread.

Edited by PlayFMcallitCHAMP