FM09 - Blue Square (conference) players

jferreira20

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy new year to all.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who's posted on this some of these finds are great.

Secondly, I'm managing Altrincham in my first season, large database and lots of league but no additional players loaded. I desperately need a free striker with a bit of pace and who can finish, and would love a decent right or left back. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated. It's so annoying this Devineau chap sounds exactly like what I need but I haven't loaded any additional players :(

Happy new year to all.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who's posted on this some of these finds are great.

Secondly, I'm managing Altrincham in my first season, large database and lots of league but no additional players loaded. I desperately need a free striker with a bit of pace and who can finish, and would love a decent right or left back. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated. It's so annoying this Devineau chap sounds exactly like what I need but I haven't loaded any additional players :(

Try Guy Ipoua, he might be on your game. Hasn't got much pace but he knows where the goal is.

Cheers mate but he isn't on mine. Sounds like exactly what I need as well. I've got a pretty tight starting eleven but a striker who can actually finish is lacking badly. If anyone has any more suggestions then again, much appreciated.

Cheers mate but he isn't on mine. Sounds like exactly what I need as well. I've got a pretty tight starting eleven but a striker who can actually finish is lacking badly. If anyone has any more suggestions then again, much appreciated.

What league's have you got loaded?

Just as a follow up - the players I mentioned above are still doing the business in Scottish Div 2 now - Joyce is equal top scorer in that league and Ovenstone has so far (January 2010) scored 8 goals for me this season in all competitions, which is really great for a DC - put him onto challenging the keeper for corners!!

Just as a follow up - the players I mentioned above are still doing the business in Scottish Div 2 now - Joyce is equal top scorer in that league and Ovenstone has so far (January 2010) scored 8 goals for me this season in all competitions, which is really great for a DC - put him onto challenging the keeper for corners!!

Just took a look at Chris Joyce and he seems to look like a very usefull holding striker. Ive just offered him a contract so here's hoping he decides to join Kings Lynn !

anyone interested, Rocamora is currently playing the same way, ive been experimenting with giving him a free roll around the last 30 and he got the winner last game for us so i am gonna let him start with a free roll next game,

his stat looking like this

played 8

Scored 6

Assists 3

MoM 2

Cards 0

Rating 7.41

Just landed Gordon Hillis on a free as back up for Rocamora :)

26 year old Northern Irish AMC blink and you miss the minor differences in stats between him and Rocamora

Joyce has just signed a 4 year contract with the club, he will fall straight into the starting XI as Kris Renton is injured, Luke Ibbestson is under performing and Luke Daley has given many a keeper bruised hands but has yet to hit the back of the net !

Ok, I've recommended this guy before but considering I signed him for free on a £5 youth contract for Montrose at the end of the first season I reckon he's a great bargain. My Assman (who admittedly is pretty awful) reckons he will could be a leading 1st Divison midfielder in Scotland:

Jonathan Cooper

Assman Report

I've had to slap a ridiculous price on his head to keep a number of bigger clubs away from him.

Ok, I've recommended this guy before but considering I signed him for free on a £5 youth contract for Montrose at the end of the first season I reckon he's a great bargain. My Assman (who admittedly is pretty awful) reckons he will could be a leading 1st Divison midfielder in Scotland:

Jonathan Cooper

Assman Report

I've had to slap a ridiculous price on his head to keep a number of bigger clubs away from him.

I hope your right!

I've just offered him a deal 'till the end of the season.

I hope your right!

I've just offered him a deal 'till the end of the season.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, he had a slow start for sure but pretty much carried my squad to promotion in the 2nd half of the season. I have a very young squad so he's going to be made captain for the new season.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, he had a slow start for sure but pretty much carried my squad to promotion in the 2nd half of the season. I have a very young squad so he's going to be made captain for the new season.

I have a very solid midfield already so he'll have to prove himself in the first team when he gets chances or in the reserves. He's still young which is always promising, he's also my 2nd teenage Scottish player at the club after Grant Mosson. Which is pleasing as I'm trying to add upcoming British players with most of my players currently being foreign.

I have a very solid midfield already so he'll have to prove himself in the first team when he gets chances or in the reserves. He's still young which is always promising, he's also my 2nd teenage Scottish player at the club after Grant Mosson. Which is pleasing as I'm trying to add upcoming British players with most of my players currently being foreign.

I take it Mosson is a regen? Can't find him on my save. Another decent player for you is Shaun Saiko - he got released from M'boro and I played him for one season at right back and sold him to Den Bosch for £10k less than a year later. Very useful profit for a lower league club.

What team/league are you in out of interest?

I take it Mosson is a regen? Can't find him on my save. Another decent player for you is Shaun Saiko - he got released from M'boro and I played him for one season at right back and sold him to Den Bosch for £10k less than a year later. Very useful profit for a lower league club.

What team/league are you in out of interest?

Tamworth. 2nd season in and I'm top of the BSP after 12 games. Mosson isn't a regen he's a free agent at the start of the game after being released by Celtic the season earlier. I'll take a look at Saiko.

Saiko has good physical stats but poor technical stats. I'll give him a trial and few runs in the reserves to test him out but I doubt I'll sign him permanently.

That's pretty true, I signed him primarily as a centre mid but pushed him into right back as he wasn't good enough for my midfield. He was very solid there and averaged 7.10 in 25 games We only conceded 2 goals in our last 10 games with him in defence, was still surprised and pleased to get 10k for him. I will concede that Blue Square Prem is probably quite a bit stronger than the Scottish 3rd though.

That's pretty true, I signed him primarily as a centre mid but pushed him into right back as he wasn't good enough for my midfield. He was very solid there and averaged 7.10 in 25 games We only conceded 2 goals in our last 10 games with him in defence, was still surprised and pleased to get 10k for him. I will concede that Blue Square Prem is probably quite a bit stronger than the Scottish 3rd though.

It is stronger although Cooper doesn't look out of his depth.

Cooper is 17 and on contract to Falkirk on my game. He also has horrible stats :(

I go for strong mids so they can stand up and bully midfield as my home ground is 65m wide.

This is a pic of my squad and tactic, yes I have milked the Norwich affiliation. ( Must be noted IRL im a Norwich fan also )

I would avoid Mouter and Ibbetson

and highly recomend Rocamora, McKenna, Bell, Nolan, Bayly and Matthews

64065889dd7.th.jpg

Ibbetson has started hitting a few goals now, the arrival of Chris Joyce probably put a fire up his ass.

Still... so so player really

Cooper is 17 and on contract to Falkirk on my game. He also has horrible stats :(

I go for strong mids so they can stand up and bully midfield as my home ground is 65m wide.

That's not so good - Cooper is strength 16 and 12-14 in all his other physical attributes in my save at age 19. I signed him on a full-time contract even though we're a part-time club and have noticed his stats shooting up as a result of his increased training schedule.

The fans have regarded Cooper as an awful signing after judging him in the 2 starts and 5 subsitute appearences he made. Although he hasn't set the world alight he's been solid in my eyes which is why I've extended his contract by a year to see how he develops.

CPS, thought I would give you a show on how Philip Craig has done so far seeing as you suggested him to me.

In all competitions (so far League, Conference League cup and FA Cup)He has played 17, scored 2, 0 assists, 2 MOTM, 9 yellow cards, 0 red cards, 4.87 tackles won per 90 minutes, a pass completion rate of 58%, a shots on target ratio of 25%, has made 38 fouls, with 6 fouls against and an average rating of 7.09. So far so good for him, only missed one game this season due to suspension, a FA Cup 3rd qualifying round game against Hyde.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Have not actually tried to sign him yet in conference as have not started my season yet.

But noticed that ex-Newcastle United and Wolves striker Carl Cort was on free list, hopefully will be willing to sign in conference! could prove a good goal scorer.

Have not actually tried to sign him yet in conference as have not started my season yet.

But noticed that ex-Newcastle United and Wolves striker Carl Cort was on free list, hopefully will be willing to sign in conference! could prove a good goal scorer.

Carl Cort is on loan at Norwich city....

you sure you using the correct patch ? For the record i tried getting him on loan as im affiliated with Norwich.

Club accepted he wasnt interested :(

Although Declan Rudd was :)

seyfo soley is a quality DM. He is a free agent and comes to the top conference sides

Oxford, Wrexham and Torquay I expect.

Boubacar Balde is on fire in the BSP for my Tamworth team, he's got 20 goals and 12 assists in 36 starts and 4 sub appearances from playing up front.

Didnt buy Balde out of principle as he was part of my old FM08 team.

New game new players.

Actually FM destroyed tradition by keeping Balde good ! Normally you go to your old stars and they have gone to higher places or are now just Plop !!

I still remember thinking Hmmmmmmmm when Totenham signed Simon Davies AND Matthew Etherington.

Figured someone with some sway was playing FM !!!

sometimes i find great players in the trial days. I found a 19 CM called lewis smith, signed him on a free after the trial day and he went on to break the appearance record for Crawley town with 162 apps. And he is still going

Russell Howarth

Gaël Payet

Adrian Pettigrew

Marcel McKie

Wojciech Smarduch

Craig James

Charles Devineau

Benjamin Mulamehic

Patrick Vaz

Jean-Yves Mangenot

Laurent Leroy

Sammy Monin

Kévin Berby

Niall Blair

Boubacar Baldé

Kabirou Owolabi

Kris Pike

Edern Guyader

Anthony Mendy

Jim Ablancourt

Jean-Yves Anis

Xavier Barrau

Sam Ashton

Yvan Tomatula

Marc Kalenga

Nicolas Baudrier

Alexandre Baudrier

Jérémy Drouglazet

Dimitri Boudaud

Gianni D'Adderio

John McCulloch

Darren Stewart

Carlos Gewargeis

All These players are great for the blue square prem and lower, you will need england, france, poland, scotland to get most of them.

Two absolute crackers that have stayed with my Kings Lynn team all the way from Blue Sqaure North to League Two are:

Sammy Monin

French Goalkeeper

Patrick NoubissieFrench DM/CM

Can also play DC/DR

Both were out of the game for a few years so they sign up for peanuts. These guys are quality and very consistent, sold them both once I got to Jan transfer window in League Two and they were still playing as first teamers.

Just make sure you load background players from France.

Two absolute crackers that have stayed with my Kings Lynn team all the way from Blue Sqaure North to League Two are:

Sammy Monin

French Goalkeeper

Patrick NoubissieFrench DM/CM

Can also play DC/DR

Both were out of the game for a few years so they sign up for peanuts. These guys are quality and very consistent, sold them both once I got to Jan transfer window in League Two and they were still playing as first teamers.

Just make sure you load background players from France.

Yes, I signed Noubissie for Montrose in the 2nd season on a free - stats wise he was by far my best signing at the time. I'd recommend him more as a centre back than a midfielder + he's good in the air too so get him in the 6 yard box for corners.

Frédéric Patouillard is a player of immense quality from FU Narbonne in France. He is a centre-half, far better than ablancourt and could be a regular starter in the championship. He came to my Kings Lynn side which is mid-table BSN so i think he would probably go anywhere in England. You must have all french players loaded to see him though.

For those with English & Scottish Leagues loaded:

Just got promoted with Bath in my 2nd season in the BSS: Signed Barry Conlon & Adam Mcgurk in the second half of the season and they set my world alight and were class, I think they could do a job in the BSP too! I will let you know!

Barry Conlon got player of the season (even though he joined late on!)

Adam Mcgurk was amazing,apparently plays as an AMC better than he does as a striker but I took the risk as a striker and in the first 10 games he had scored 10 goals- and scored the winner in extra time of the play off final! A big match player???

The other amazing players available at the start of the second season were Carl Regan & Joe Magunda- so good!

Also, I dont know know why but Queens Park (scotland) always seem to be the most common team interested in my players, may post this on the bugs forum but just wondered if anyone else noticed 1 specific club constantly after all there players?

Also, I dont know know why but Queens Park (scotland) always seem to be the most common team interested in my players, may post this on the bugs forum but just wondered if anyone else noticed 1 specific club constantly after all there players?

That may have something to do with Queens Park owning Hampden (they don't anymore in real life) and being, in theory, one of the richest clubs in Scotland - behind only Celtic and Rangers if memory serves me right. So having money to spend they'll probably bid for anyone, however with them being an amateur club (not even part-time) its doubtful that anyone would actually want to go there.

I'm playing Cambridge United in BSP. I buy two realy great promise players for 0€ - Fraga (GK) - young mexican goalkeeper and Ever Guzman (ST). Fraga is great and I also believe Guzman will shoew potential in coming seasons.

Pierre Alexandre Gulluppo or whatever he is called is an absolute genius so thanks to ever suggested him, i am playing him upfront with boubacar balde in my Crawley team and galuppo has scored 16 in 22 games and has an average rating of 7.27.

was looking foreward to seeing boubacar balde and galuppo playing together but balde is having a seriously bad time so far. I have played 22 games and due to injuries he has only started 2 games, 3 as sub. His injuries havent been long ones, he just seems to get injured everytime i put him on the pitch.

(On 9.02)

I vertially signed a whole new team, and these players are all good enough for the Blue Square Premier, BSN, BSS, and some even the League 2. I won the BSN by far with them, then also got promoted to League Two the year next, They all cost Nothing.

Ugo Udoji:

2007/08: (in BSN) Played 40, and had an Av. Rating of 7.14

2008/09: (in BSP) Played 27, and had an Av. Rating of 7.07

Solid Rock.

Owen Price (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED):

2007/08: (In BSN) Played 36, 4 goals, 10 assists, 5 MOMs, Av. Rating 7.12

2008/09: (In BSP) Played 37, 7 goals, 5 assists, 5 MOMs, Av. Rating 7.19 - Fans player of Season

* He's been wanted by Scottish First Division sides and League One and Two sides.

Chris Joyce:

2007/08: (In BSN) Played 42, 25 Goals, 9 Assists, 9 MOMs, Av. Rating 7.08

2008/09: (in BSP) Played 43, 15 goals, 7 Assists, 2 Moms, Av. Rating 6.96

* Certainly good for BSN, and decent enough for BSP.

Andy Smith:

2007/08: (in BSN) Played 26, Av. Rating 7.03

- Good right back, and decent enough cover for Right wing. Good player for cover or first team. Consistent.

Theo Dams:

2007/08: (In BSN) Played 31, Av. Rating 7.11

2008/09: (in BSP) Played 26, Av. Rating 6.86

Here's another good player but he costs a bit of cash:

Simon Spender (£1k):

2007/08: (In BSN) Played 37, Av. Rating 7.27 - Fans player of Season

2008/09: (In BSP) Played 26, Av. Rating 6.80

- Quality for BSN or BSS, and ok for BSP.

Name:Connor Larkin

Club:Banbridge

Position: DC

Value:4k

Sale Value:0k

Work permit : Not Needed

Solid center-half, struck up a fantastic partnership with Adrian Pettigrew only conceeding 17 goals all season (all comps) when the two played together. Signs for BSS/N clubs.

Playing as AFC Telford with France, Holland, Poland and Romania players loaded. Try the following players for great bargains all available at between 0 and 5k each.

Ludovic Grondin

Jean-Louis Montero

Fabian Kotarski

Tyco Steegs

Bastin Verweij

Roberto Elcaman

Pascal Bedrossian

Matthew Lam

Assan Hammouti

Laurent Dutheil

Willy Robert

Henri Timmer