Bidstack Advertising Board

stevemc

17 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If the Internet Ads are showing whilst you have targetted ads turned off then it is worth raising the issue in the bugs forum.

This isn't correct - turning on targeted advertising gives you targeted advertising.

Turning off targeted advertising gives you untargeted advertising.

Either way they're gonna get you.

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy

Screenshot%202018-11-11%20at%2010.11.39.

Choose Firewall

Screenshot%202018-11-11%20at%2010.11.44.

Turn Firewall On (you first have to unlock it with the lock in the lower left corner) and select Firewall Options

Screenshot%202018-11-11%20at%2010.11.25.

Via de Plus sign, add Football Manager 2019 and block incoming connections

Screenshot%202018-11-11%20at%2010.11.34.

@Rivanov That hasn't worked for me, just checking the FM19 application I've blocked (mine says FM, yours says Football Manager 2019), lives here:

‎⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Steam⁩ ▸ ⁨steamapps⁩ ▸ ⁨common⁩ ▸ ⁨Football Manager 2019⁩ ▸ ⁨FM

Is that the same as your location?

6olv5y.png

4 minutes ago, Rivanov said:

Is it in your main Applications Folder? Maybe in a Sports Interactive subfolder.

It depends on how you installed it via Steam.

Nope, only location it lives is here;

‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨name ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Steam⁩ ▸ ⁨steamapps⁩ ▸ ⁨common⁩ ▸ ⁨Football Manager 2019⁩  ▸ FM

If I click browse local files via Steam, it also takes me to that folder.

14vlmwz.png

Whilst I've managed to get my video adboards showing, I seem to have an issue with video adboards 'sticking' during the game. 

In EPL matches, the only video adboard that appears to show on repeat is the SkySports one whereas on FM18 it changed between a number of video ads. 

Not sure if anyone has encountered anything similar and is aware of a fix?

3 hours ago, Ryan377 said:

Whilst I've managed to get my video adboards showing, I seem to have an issue with video adboards 'sticking' during the game. 

In EPL matches, the only video adboard that appears to show on repeat is the SkySports one whereas on FM18 it changed between a number of video ads. 

Not sure if anyone has encountered anything similar and is aware of a fix?

I've come across that, there's something up with that particular Sky Sports file, I replaced it with another Sky Sports file from the generic folder and now it works. Try this:

Copy this file in bold:

‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨name ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Steam⁩ ▸ ⁨steamapps⁩ ▸ ⁨common⁩ ▸ ⁨Football Manager 2019⁩ ▸ ⁨data⁩ ▸ ⁨simatchviewer_uncompressed⁩ ▸ ⁨videos⁩ ▸ ⁨hd⁩ ▸ ⁨video_ads⁩ ▸ ⁨generic⁩ ▸ skysports.ivf

And use it to replace the Sky Sports ad that sticks, which is this:

‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨name ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Steam⁩ ▸ ⁨steamapps⁩ ▸ ⁨common⁩ ▸ ⁨Football Manager 2019⁩ ▸ ⁨data⁩ ▸ ⁨simatchviewer_uncompressed⁩ ▸ ⁨videos⁩ ▸ ⁨hd⁩ ▸ ⁨video_ads⁩ ▸ ⁨england⁩ ▸ ⁨premiership⁩ ▸ skysports.ivf

See how you get on...

Thank you @stevemc!

I was using an alternative adboard pack which didn't have the skysports.ivf file in, just a generic sky one so I've switched over to the adboard pack from sortioutsi and now none of my video adboards will load. I've looked around the forums and seen you had a similar issue, was there any fix for this? 

2 hours ago, Ryan377 said:

Thank you @stevemc!

I was using an alternative adboard pack which didn't have the skysports.ivf file in, just a generic sky one so I've switched over to the adboard pack from sortioutsi and now none of my video adboards will load. I've looked around the forums and seen you had a similar issue, was there any fix for this? 

What are you getting instead, just black adboards or Bidstack adboards?

“With an average of 120,000 people playing Football Manager every day, the in-game pitchside advertising offers a perfect route to reach out to football fans in a completely authentic environment,” says Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive.

I don't know how we get out from under this? Maybe we shouldn't sign the EULA ? Should we march the streets and protest? It feels very invasive. I'd pay double the price for the game if they would just leave us alone.

Sorry for the rant fella's

16 hours ago, stevemc said:

What are you getting instead, just black adboards or Bidstack adboards?

Yep, just black adboards (SS attached). 

I'm using the club adboards and Newcastle who I'm playing as have video ads in the pack so bit stumped as to why they're not loading now. All the files are in the right location as far as I can see...

6 hours ago, Ryan377 said:

Yep, just black adboards (SS attached). 

I'm using the club adboards and Newcastle who I'm playing as have video ads in the pack so bit stumped as to why they're not loading now. All the files are in the right location as far as I can see...

Do you have video adboards folder for SD and HD in your location?

YES! This works! And finally I see the custom adboards in FM19!! :D
The only thing I don't see are the static banners at the top of the grand stands. They remain black. Any idea?

Screenshot%202018-11-18%20at%2015.05.10.

Is use the CLUB BANNERS & ADBOARDS from strangerthankindness            

custom club banners and fan adboards for fm 18
created by strangerthankindness in oakland california
vol 18.1 released may 9 2018
graphics by strangerthankindness
video adboards by jeffroberts and rabcp and his team

Rivanov -  I was able to get the static ads to work by putting the "fm.xml" file in:

macintosh HD - Users - "user name" - Library - Application Support - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2019 - data - simatchviewer - ads - "fm.xml"

I left the "fm.xml" file in it's original place as well,  since I was unsure where the game is reading this from now. (macintosh HD - Users - "user name" - documents - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2019 - ads - "fm.xml")

whatever makes it work....

3 ore fa, Rivanov ha scritto:

YES! This works! And finally I see the custom adboards in FM19!! :D
The only thing I don't see are the static banners at the top of the grand stands. They remain black. Any idea?

Screenshot%202018-11-18%20at%2015.05.10.

Is use the CLUB BANNERS & ADBOARDS from strangerthankindness            

custom club banners and fan adboards for fm 18
created by strangerthankindness in oakland california
vol 18.1 released may 9 2018
graphics by strangerthankindness
video adboards by jeffroberts and rabcp and his team

Yes it works, finally

Thanks mate!

2 hours ago, Onyewu said:

Rivanov -  I was able to get the static ads to work by putting the "fm.xml" file in:

macintosh HD - Users - "user name" - Library - Application Support - Steam - Steam Apps - common - Football Manager 2019 - data - simatchviewer - ads - "fm.xml"

I left the "fm.xml" file in it's original place as well,  since I was unsure where the game is reading this from now. (macintosh HD - Users - "user name" - documents - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2019 - ads - "fm.xml")

whatever makes it work....

You created the ads folder within the simatchviewer_uncompressed folder? Because I only have the Fonts and Videos folder in that specific folder. :)

So I now have it like this:

Screenshot%202018-11-18%20at%2018.44.17.

/edit: Unfortunately, this doesn't work and even ruins the video adboards.

Screenshot%202018-11-18%20at%2018.57.59.

1 hour ago, Rivanov said:

You created the ads folder within the simatchviewer_uncompressed folder? Because I only have the Fonts and Videos folder in that specific folder. :)

So I now have it like this:

Screenshot%202018-11-18%20at%2018.44.17.

/edit: Unfortunately, this doesn't work and even ruins the video adboards.

Screenshot%202018-11-18%20at%2018.57.59.

I put it in the "simatchviewer" folder, not the "simatchviewer_uncompressed" folder.....looks like you'll have to un-archive the simatchviewer.fmf to get the folder.

1 hour ago, Onyewu said:

I put it in the "simatchviewer" folder, not the "simatchviewer_uncompressed" folder.....looks like you'll have to un-archive the simatchviewer.fmf to get the folder.

And  after the unarchiving you deleted the simatchviewer.fmf file? Or have you also left that in place?

/edit: Unarchived the simatchviewer.fmf file. Place the folder in the right location. Overwritten the fm.xml file that was already in the ads folder, with the one that came with the adboard pack (and which is also in the 'normal' location) .. deleted the simatchviewer.fmf file but unfortunately I still have black bars instead of the club banners.

1 hour ago, Rivanov said:

And  after the unarchiving you deleted the simatchviewer.fmf file? Or have you also left that in place?

/edit: Unarchived the simatchviewer.fmf file. Place the folder in the right location. Overwritten the fm.xml file that was already in the ads folder, with the one that came with the adboard pack (and which is also in the 'normal' location) .. deleted the simatchviewer.fmf file but unfortunately I still have black bars instead of the club banners.

I did not delete anything.

"Overwritten the fm.xml file that was already in the ads folder, with the one that came with the adboard pack (and which is also in the 'normal' location)"  - This is what I did as well and it worked for me.....

7 hours ago, Onyewu said:

I did not delete anything.

"Overwritten the fm.xml file that was already in the ads folder, with the one that came with the adboard pack (and which is also in the 'normal' location)"  - This is what I did as well and it worked for me.....

Which adboard pack do you use? And with the Club specific FM.xml or the No Club (competition) FM.xml?

17 hours ago, Rivanov said:

Which adboard pack do you use? And with the Club specific FM.xml or the No Club (competition) FM.xml?

OK...this isn't perfect.....Te next time I opened the game the static boards were not working........but I remember some other issue like this in the past............it appears I'll need to clear my cache before exiting the game (or delete the saved skin file from the caches folder before opening the game again....file name looks like this since I use the Flut skin - "fm2019flutskin_dark@1_25x.skc"). It's annoying, but it's a work around for now.....hopefully a better solution will arise from someone.

You can find the caches file here:  Macintosh HD - Users - "User Name" - Library - Application - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2019 - Caches

I use the Sortitoutsi ad board project pack......I've been using it for a decade probably and have made many updates to it myself. I use the Dynamic Adboards from FM Scout for the video ads...with some personal changes as well.

7 hours ago, Onyewu said:

OK...this isn't perfect.....Te next time I opened the game the static boards were not working........but I remember some other issue like this in the past............it appears I'll need to clear my cache before exiting the game (or delete the saved skin file from the caches folder before opening the game again....file name looks like this since I use the Flut skin - "fm2019flutskin_dark@1_25x.skc"). It's annoying, but it's a work around for now.....hopefully a better solution will arise from someone.

You can find the caches file here:  Macintosh HD - Users - "User Name" - Library - Application - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2019 - Caches

I use the Sortitoutsi ad board project pack......I've been using it for a decade probably and have made many updates to it myself. I use the Dynamic Adboards from FM Scout for the video ads...with some personal changes as well.

Do you need to clear your cache everytime, before you exit the game?
Will try this workaround tonight.

And you use this pack from Sortitoutsi.net? https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/36764/the-fm18-adboard-patch

It seems I have found the issue that the static club banners weren't showing on my MacBook. It looks like the SD folder within the video_ads folder 'disables' the static club banners. When I remove this folder and only keep the HD folder, the video ads and static club banners are working! Downside is that the HD video ads are quite heavy for the 12" MacBook. Luckily I also have the 27" 5K iMac so I will test this also on that computer to see if the SD folder is also causing troubles there.

But ofcourse it would be nice of the club banners would also work with the SD folder in place.

3 hours ago, Rivanov said:

It seems I have found the issue that the static club banners weren't showing on my MacBook. It looks like the SD folder within the video_ads folder 'disables' the static club banners. When I remove this folder and only keep the HD folder, the video ads and static club banners are working! Downside is that the HD video ads are quite heavy for the 12" MacBook. Luckily I also have the 27" 5K iMac so I will test this also on that computer to see if the SD folder is also causing troubles there.

But ofcourse it would be nice of the club banners would also work with the SD folder in place.

I'll give this a try as well...

as for your previous post, yes, I delete "fm2019flutskin_dark@1_25x.skc" before I open every the game.........and the ad pack your linked is correct

I solved my problem! I finally have the static club banners and the video ads working on my MacBook with Medium graphics settings.
What I have done is to leave only one video ads folder in place. By default you have both the HD and SD folder in simatchviewer_uncompressed/videos

It seems FM can't decide which folder to use when you use Medium graphics. I simply renamed the HD folder to SD and removed the original SD folder. Now, the game recognizes the video ads from the HD folder and shows them with Medium graphics and because it's the only folder in simatchviewer_uncompressed/videos it also shows the club banners.

So far so good. FINALLY! :) 

8 hours ago, Rivanov said:

I solved my problem! I finally have the static club banners and the video ads working on my MacBook with Medium graphics settings.
What I have done is to leave only one video ads folder in place. By default you have both the HD and SD folder in simatchviewer_uncompressed/videos

It seems FM can't decide which folder to use when you use Medium graphics. I simply renamed the HD folder to SD and removed the original SD folder. Now, the game recognizes the video ads from the HD folder and shows them with Medium graphics and because it's the only folder in simatchviewer_uncompressed/videos it also shows the club banners.

So far so good. FINALLY! :) 

Yes...I took the SD folder out and have had success as well....YAY !!!

On 24/11/2018 at 15:44, Crb1986 said:

Unfortunetly, even by removing the sd folder, the static adboards don't show up :(

You may have to clear the caches (or deleting the skin caches that shows up in the caches folder) each time you exit....I'm doing that  now just in case..... since the ads didn't show up one time when opened the game......

Archived