FM18 Performance Benchmarking Thread

1 hour ago, Barside said:

Is he using two different rigs on those comparisons?

I might look at replicating on FM19 as I can run a SSD/HDD comparison on the same setup.

Im not sure mate i think its the same rig on those comparisons but yh i might do one for fm19 as well it would be good to see an updated comparison between an hdd and ssd 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

as you know I have the same system as you even not overclocked it is brilliant at processing

FYI I am sure you are aware but when I ran the Samsung SSD magacian it updated the firmware to the  M.2 SSD NVMe Samsung EVO 960 I went for the 500GB well worth the investment it eats everything FM throws at it and even faster times since the firmware update

cheers mate for your advice re this anyone looking for a mid range price set up for FM use cant beat this:thup: easy to build too

I had spent more previously and got nowhere near the speeds this gives me

yh i updated mine aswel mate i haven't retested it with the new firmware i might do a bit later tho

that's ok mate i'm glad i could help i love my little rig it smashes FM and will do for a good few year's i cant wait to see how good FM19 will run on it now lol

I will definitely make you right tho it is better having an ssd over a hdd for football manager i will never go back to an hdd 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, after a lot of thought and indecision I upgraded to Ryzen.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600x

CPU Turbo: 4.2Ghz

CPU Overclocked: no

RAM: 16GB DDR4

RAM Clockspeed: 3200mhz

GPU: Nvidia 1030gt

Storage: Samsung 860pro SSD

Benchmark A: 3m 58s

Benchmark B: 4m50s

Benchmark C: 6m 55s

massive improvements from my overclocked I5 4670k. 

I also re ran benchmark A with everything at max detail and it took 22m 11s compared to 48m 51 on the older intel system. Got the cpu motherboard and Ram for £320 on Black Friday and sold my old stuff on eBay. For anyone looking at Ryzen don’t worry about overclocking the cpu but instead get the best RAM speed possible. It seems to make it much faster than clocking the cpu. 

On 23/09/2018 at 14:16, jckc221013jamie said:

CPU: Intel i5 8600k

CPU Turbo Frequency: 3.6 ghz base overclocked to 5 ghz

CPU Overclocked: yes

RAM: 16.00GB Dual-Channel Corsair vengeance 2400 mhz  CL14

RAM Clockspeed: 3000MHz OC

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Palit Super Jetstream 

Storage: M.2 SSD NVMe Samsung EVO 960 250GB

Benchmark A: 3 mins 20 seconds

Benchmark B: 4 min 01 seconds

Benchmark C: 5 min 5 seconds

FM18 Computer Performance: 4.5 stars

FM18 PC 3D Graphics Rating: 5 stars

Tested it again with my cpu at 5ghz  

and my ram now at 3000mhz 

Their is not really much in it compared to my 4.8ghz overclock to be fair

On 17/10/2018 at 22:45, kingrobbo said:

as you know I have the same system as you even not overclocked it is brilliant at processing

FYI I am sure you are aware but when I ran the Samsung SSD magacian it updated the firmware to the  M.2 SSD NVMe Samsung EVO 960 I went for the 500GB well worth the investment it eats everything FM throws at it and even faster times since the firmware update

cheers mate for your advice re this anyone looking for a mid range price set up for FM use cant beat this:thup: easy to build too

I had spent more previously and got nowhere near the speeds this gives me

Hi lads what system is this? Or is it all custom built?

@jckc221013jamie @kingrobbo

4 hours ago, jckc221013jamie said:

Gee Simpson 

Mine is all custom built as well mate

Overclocked to 5ghz and it is a very solid build i love it 

Even at stock it is such a powerful little machine 

Cheers. Did you build it yourself or did you get it built for you? Also I'm wondering if it's worth going for the i7 8700k over the i5 6800k?

10 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Cheers mate. Only difference is yours isn't overclocked at all?

I'm looking at building my own PC, is PC Part Picker the best site to use?

I have run it over clocked at 5ghz  

But stock setting does all leagues and large DB with no issues

Both our builds we did ourselves it's pretty easy to do 

PC part picker is fine I contacted a few retailers and get some discount just by asking perhaps black Friday was time to get parts

25 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

I have run it over clocked at 5ghz  

But stock setting does all leagues and large DB with no issues

Both our builds we did ourselves it's pretty easy to do 

PC part picker is fine I contacted a few retailers and get some discount just by asking perhaps black Friday was time to get parts

Cheers mate.

I would have no clue when it comes to Cases, PSU, Motherboards, and Fans. All the rest I think I understand. I wouldn't mind overclocking the CPU and possibly RAM but have no idea about that either :D

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Cheers mate.

I would have no clue when it comes to Cases, PSU, Motherboards, and Fans. All the rest I think I understand. I wouldn't mind overclocking the CPU and possibly RAM but have no idea about that either :D

its easy to do mate and with the systems we build in the bios the AS rock board has stock overclocking settings up to 4.8 ghz anything above you do yourself but the difference between 4.8 and 5.0 is not worth the hassle 

20 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

its easy to do mate and with the systems we build in the bios the AS rock board has stock overclocking settings up to 4.8 ghz anything above you do yourself but the difference between 4.8 and 5.0 is not worth the hassle 

Do you have a link to that motherboard? I take it there is a few motherboards that support stock overclocking? If I do stock overclocking I would like to make sure I have an air cooler or liquid cooler to be safe and obviously a decent PSU.

8 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I reckon I'll get either the new i5 9600k or i7 9700k, prices aren't much different. So obviously I need a mobo that's compatible with the new processors. 

the new processors can generate more heat especially if you are overclocking so do your research can lead to excessive fan noise etc 

if you want it for FM use mostly honestly the system we have build will deal with everything you throw at it easily 

I have ran tests with 350k players all leagues and its really fast

41 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

the new processors can generate more heat especially if you are overclocking so do your research can lead to excessive fan noise etc 

if you want it for FM use mostly honestly the system we have build will deal with everything you throw at it easily 

I have ran tests with 350k players all leagues and its really fast

Cheers. What kind of cooling system did you use, air or liquid?

1 minute ago, kingrobbo said:

as long as its m.2 thats the way to go 

from boot up to being online takes me a couple of seconds 

860 Evo is just a regular 2.5" SATA SSD. Apparently there isn't any real world difference between the two, only in benchmarks.

5 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

I'll probably just leave it altogether and buy a pre built one or laptop :lol: Too many choices :D

go for it mate you will save a lot of cash and get the system you want

its the 5th build I have done and it was pretty easy 

with that part checker site you cant go wrong as it tells you if parts are not compatible and gives you options if there are issues 

1 hour ago, kingrobbo said:

go for it mate you will save a lot of cash and get the system you want

its the 5th build I have done and it was pretty easy 

with that part checker site you cant go wrong as it tells you if parts are not compatible and gives you options if there are issues 

Yeah I will, just need to do my research first to see which parts are good quality/have high user reviews etc.

Archived