Show us attribute combinations stats!

Birdman10piyu

Hey all,

So http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/attribute-combinations here shows us the various stats and how each attribute works together. I had an excel where I would plug in a players attributes to get a rating for their "intelligence", "defending ability" etc

Would be nice if sometying like this was implemented into the game as a way to better assess a player's ability. 

17 hours ago, Birdman10piyu said:

Hey all,

So http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/attribute-combinations here shows us the various stats and how each attribute works together. I had an excel where I would plug in a players attributes to get a rating for their "intelligence", "defending ability" etc

Would be nice if sometying like this was implemented into the game as a way to better assess a player's ability. 

I like the idea !

But is the guide even a reliable / verified / official guide ???

30 minutes ago, pukfm said:

I like the idea !

But is the guide even a reliable / verified / official guide ???

It's not a verified official guide.  It does contain some useful information, just treat it as a guide and not canon.

3 minutes ago, herne79 said:

It's not a verified official guide.  It does contain some useful information, just treat it as a guide and not canon.

Can someone from SI tell us more about the attribute-combinations ??? There are lot of misinformation about this !

Based on my admittedly limited understanding, but with the little pinch more we get told with research, it doesn't seem as though it'd be possible to give more about "attribute combinations" because so many are in use at one time, with varying degrees of prominence, and there are always hangovers going into each instance you would wish to look at based on other attributes like determination, professionalism, consistency, condition and such. 

It's one of those things that I can see the appeal to, but at the same time, I realise that it'd still be missing so much information I don't think SI would want to commit to it with so much of the picture still not being in place and if the whole thing is disclosed, it creates two potential issues, either
a) being an overwhelming amount of information 
b) leading to a cookie-cutter approach where you can just out-math the game a bit

There's probably also quite a big overlap anyway with role/duty "desired" attributes.  Selecting a role/duty on the player profile screen will highlight certain attributes which is a good starter for ten about the attribute combinations to consider for the role.

2 hours ago, santy001 said:

Based on my admittedly limited understanding, but with the little pinch more we get told with research, it doesn't seem as though it'd be possible to give more about "attribute combinations" because so many are in use at one time, with varying degrees of prominence, and there are always hangovers going into each instance you would wish to look at based on other attributes like determination, professionalism, consistency, condition and such. 

It's one of those things that I can see the appeal to, but at the same time, I realise that it'd still be missing so much information I don't think SI would want to commit to it with so much of the picture still not being in place and if the whole thing is disclosed, it creates two potential issues, either
a) being an overwhelming amount of information 
b) leading to a cookie-cutter approach where you can just out-math the game a bit

The hidden info doesnt have to be used. You can already use this information for yourself and put these attributes together to come up with thr combinations so nothing hidden.

Just would be nice if SI provided it in game so we dont hsve to use excel

Bear in mind you're only taking someones speculation for attributes that work together. Physical abilities, for presence as to how well a player can compete, while its not directly involved, I'd fully expect stamina to be in the equation there. A low stamina player who's been involved in the whole game, in a pretty demanding role (and subsequently low on condition), is going to be far less effective in any in-match situation. 

Perhaps I misread it, as I would have thought people would be wanting to know how it worked in game. Having a broad, top-level formula doesn't help too much really for in games in my mind.

I think a relatively simple explanation of how attributes theoretically combine could be provided to help new users understand the complexity and refresh the thoughts of more experienced users. Anything more could make it too easy and make the game into a numbers chase.

Counter-intuitive attribute combinations could be highlighted though which would help new users set the game up as they wish as well as help more experienced users get more out of their set ups.

I'd also suggest SI inform users if attribute importance or combinations change between releases - don't have to give out huge details or specific numbers just provide a heads up. Would especially help those who don't buy every release.

• 1 year later...

Archived