[Suggestion] Unhappy Player Interaction

borivoje213

I'd like the ability approach my players about certain topics:

For instance, recently I had a player wanting to join that annoying chinese club that offers players a small country per week in their contract.  He wanted to leave and stated the contract was the motivation, so I said I would try to match it and we got into a bit of a negotiation.  We didn't come to an agreement but I said it was do-able and we'd iron it out in negotiations.

Anyway, it turns out his demands were a touch above my top limit, he wanted 120 and I could only go to 105.  I went to the board and tried to get my budget increased, citing player retention as the reason, but they refused.  After much negotiating the wage ended up being a sticking point and they walked away.

The problem I have now is that they won't discuss terms with me.  Also, the player has awful morale. 

What I would really like to be able to do now is approach the player and say that on reflection it turns out I can't get the deal he wants.  I thought I could, which is the only reason I tried to talk him out of a transfer, but now since I can't do him a deal I'm not going to stand in the way.  Then discuss an acceptable price tag.  

At least this way his morale wouldn't be abysmal for the remaining 2 months while we wait for the transfer window and potential bids.

Agree with this. I think there needs to be more flexibility with talking to players in general about their situations as things change and it's so frustrating that you can't talk to them again.

I had an albeit unique situation whereby I promised a player CL football but we missed out narrowly (head to head rule) and so despite listing me as one of his favoured personnel and generally have a good relationship for a number of years, just because we unfortunately missed out on CL football by a slim margin, he wouldn't talk to me. A few weeks later, by some big slice of luck, Napoli were thrown out of the CL because for some financial reason around their licences and so I qualified! Despite this, the player's situation didn't change and I felt forced to sell him.

The whole player interaction needs looks at, there is never the right answer to sort out your problems. I had a 1st team player who should be hitting 7 average but is struggling around 6.5, I decide I want to sell him and offer him to clubs. He comes to me wanting to know why he's being offered around my choices of replies are...it's he right thing to do for your career.....I can't find a place for you tactically in the team.....I have o many options in your position......we need to cash in on you.....If you thought I was forcing you out I apologise and you can stay. Where is the reply I want....You've been rubbish for ages and we need to sell you to free up wages to bring someone better in or we gave you a chance to improve but you have struggled and we can't wait forever.

On 05/05/2017 at 23:22, maccataq said:

Agree with this. I think there needs to be more flexibility with talking to players in general about their situations as things change and it's so frustrating that you can't talk to them again.

I had an albeit unique situation whereby I promised a player CL football but we missed out narrowly (head to head rule) and so despite listing me as one of his favoured personnel and generally have a good relationship for a number of years, just because we unfortunately missed out on CL football by a slim margin, he wouldn't talk to me. A few weeks later, by some big slice of luck, Napoli were thrown out of the CL because for some financial reason around their licences and so I qualified! Despite this, the player's situation didn't change and I felt forced to sell him.

I had a similar thing, although it was potentially a bug. several players were on a CL promise, and as soon as we couldn't qualify through the league they all became massively unhappy despite still being able to qualify trough Europa.  I still qualified but lost a couple of top players who i'd already had to accept bids on.

I can see that it might seem it's been done this way so you can't just try one thing then U-turn on it if it doesn't work out.  But like Maccataq pointed out, it's about flexibility.  Circumstances change IRL.  You obviously shouldn't be able to keep going back and trying the same thing in the hope that the numbers randomly come up in your favour.  But you should be able to go back to them when the situation or your opinion has changed, just like they can approach you when they change their minds about things.

• 2 weeks later...

Player interaction has been a thorn in my side throughout my Gib save.

We are doing well enough (20 seasons in, reached knockout stages of the CL twice and been in the group stages 4 times), and my players are getting to the point where clubs from bigger leagues are taking notice of them. I've had a number of players with high release clauses (often between 7mil and 15mil). So when clubs are interested in them, they start telling me how they want to join those clubs.

I state that they have a release clause in their contracts, to which they reply that they don't want to let this opportunity pass them by. Yet the responses you get to that are absolutely crap, and pretty much ensure that you agree to sell the player no matter the offer being made, or you have an unhappy player. You should be able to state to the player that they agreed to the terms of their contract and so should abide by it. If their release clause is met, then they are free to go.

SI really need to relook at all their player interaction options and improve upon them. 

• 1 year later...

Archived