Hall of Fame 2017 Preliminary Voting

mark wilson27

Hall of Fame Nomination Criteria

a) Only completed stories can be considered for entry to the Hall of Fame.

b) Only stories which have been nominated for a major awards or have won a minor award in any year, can be considered for entry to the Hall of Fame.

c) A story must receive 20% of the vote in the first round ballot to be considered for the second round ballot.

d) To be elected to the Hall of Fame on the second round ballot, any story must receive a two thirds majority of the total number of people registered, who voted in the 2nd round, regardless of whether they vote for the Hall of Fame nominee or not. This means abstaining is not allowed (unless the story being voted on is your own).

e) A person cannot nominate or vote for their own stories for the Hall of Fame.

f) A person can only nominate UP TO THREE stories to the HoF at the first round ballot stage in any given year. Furthermore, a person may only vote for up to three stories that have reached the second round ballot. A person may also vote a maximum of up to three writers at the first round ballot stage, and again up to three from those who reach the second round ballot. (You may, of course, nominate/vote for less than three.)

g) Only two stories per year can be elected to Hall of Fame. There is no limit on the number of years in which a story can be nominated for Hall of Fame election.

Writers Hall of Fame Criteria

h) The same criteria apply for the nomination of writers save for one variation at (b). To be nominated for Hall of Fame election, a writer must have been nominated for a major award (Writer of the Year or FMSer of the Year) or won Funniest Writer of the Year in a previous awards year

tenthreeleader / Gavrenwick If I have missed anything or made a mistake anywhere please let me know

Please email me your voting using the form below by the deadline which is May 1st 2017 (Midnight BST) and don't forget to claim your vote here aswell

The email address is awardsfms@gmail.com 

If anyone has any questions regarding the voting etc please PM me and I'll try my best to answer

Writers Hall of Fame (Members eligible)

Simon F

BobBev

Terk

Faramir

Brian of Nazareth

HD

Amaroq

Spav

copperhorse21

gavrenwick

mark wilson27

The following four writers are ineligible as they are already in the Hall of Fame

Raptor (2009)

flipsix3 (2010)

tenthreeleader (2011)

Peacemaker (????)

Hall of Fame (Stories eligible)

Sharpening a Rusty Blade (Amaroq)

Down and Out in South Africa (FMS World Cup - Signup) (Celtic_1967)

Another Night In Istanbul (CFuller)

Welcome to Romford (CFuller)

Jeux Sans Frontieres (CFuller)

Employee of the Month (chesterfan2)

Cheating the Reaper: A Copper Horse "Tail" (copperhorse21)

An American Pilgrimage (vbulletin edition) "Book One of The Copper Horse Tails" (copperhorse21)

A Spartan Existence "Book Two of the Copper Horse Tails" (copperhorse21)

Inheritance (copperhorse21)

Rising from the Ashes: A Copper Horse Short Story (copperhorse21)

Don't Look Bac in Anger... (displaced_seagull)

Build a Bonfire - Scare a Rook (displaced_seagull)

Silver_blue just bit me! (Donners)

Reviving the Legend *repost* (Donners)

Peter Banalik – Metamorphosis (Edtheguy)

Pontin's, Kwik Dave...and Bastion Gardens (EvilDave)

A Continent From The Couch – Euro 2020 In The Media  (EvilDave)

Fee Fife Fo Fum, I Smell the Blood... (Faramir)

Scottish Reprise- Return to East Stirling (Faramir)

Short Story- A Christmas Story (Faramir)

The Bet (Faramir)

Delusions of Grandeur (Faramir)

Another Harrowing Misadventure (Ages Challenge) (Faramir)

The FMS Musical v2. (gavrenwick)

The First Lady of Football (gavrenwick)

Euro 2020 - a nation expects... (A short[ish!] story) (Glamdring)

The Night After Transfers (HD)

Why We Shouldn't Let Deities Decide How To Run Football (HD)

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Norway. Home of the Vikings, Christmas, and the 2012 European Championships (Juni)

Forze La Panda! [5m1w: Terry Langford] (Makonnen)

A Conquering Lion [5m1w: Tadesse Makonnen] (Makonnen)

No Camels, No Bloody Vodka, just a God Damn Career in Football Management (mark wilson27)

Its Hardly Any Effort for FMS (mark wilson27)

Thank **** the Wolly with the Brolly Has Gone (mark wilson27)

Fifteen to One - A quest to be the best (mark wilson27)

Mission Impossible  (mark wilson27)

A Tale of Two Brothers (Offspring08)

The seven deadly sins (Short) (Panpardus)

-The-True-Story-of-a-Footballing-Legend. (Peacemaker07)

Bringing up Baby - A Different Approach to the Lisbon Lions Challenge (Peacemaker07)

Saxemara? Damn, I Thought You Said Sexy Mama! (Peacemaker07)

To Boldly Go As Faroe As We Can Go... (Peacemaker07)

Dawsons Creaky Leg (Richey)

Call of Sport 2205: World at War (SCIAG)

-Luton-Town-Staring-into-the-Abyss (ScottLeeSV)

The Unbeaten Run Tale Of A "Fair Weather" Fan (Spav)

”I Done Brought Myself Olympiakos” (FMS Characters) (Spav)

It Was Just One of Those Weeks (Spav)

-One-for-sorrow-two-for-joy.-A-tale-of-the-Magpies. (STFCDP_1990)

-American-Calcio-Padova-FM-2008-*repost* (tenthreeleader)

Till Derby Do Us Part (short story) (tenthreeleader)

[FM15] Raising Cain (tenthreeleader)

-All-Sorted-for-E-s-and-Whizz (Terk)

The Armband (Wimb The Barman)

-Memoires-d-Afrique (-Xenon-)

-Sacred-Victory (-Xenon-)

16 hours ago, CFuller said:

Vote sent and claimed, Mark.

Received and Counted thankyou

7 hours ago, tenthreeleader said:

Sent and claimed. There are some deserving stories and writers who should be in the Hall and aren't yet. So, friends, get your votes in.

Received and Counted Sir thankyou

Thats five votes casted already, thankyou guys... I know theirs a long way before the deadline but lets try and get more votes than we did last year. Last year we only managed to get five votes in.

Funnily enough the same five people that have voted already

The voting has been open for a week now and we have around a month left. Five votes so far which is good but remember guys this is the time of year when you get the chance to honour those writers and stories from the past and some from the present who you think deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. Without your votes in the past the likes of Peacemaker7, flipsix3, Raptor and not forgetting tenthreeleader would not have been bestowed the honour of a place.

In all the years that the forum has been active we as of yet not had a story enter the hallowed Hall of Fame, without your votes this will not happen. So come on guys this is your chance to give recognition to those writers and stories you think deserve the honour.

Let me endorse what Mark is saying.  If you get time, read some of the old stuff.  Amaroq, Flipsix, Faramir...those guys built this place.  

Plus,  some of the older versions of the game used to write these pieces are just plain fun.  Anyone who spent money to sign Jack Hobbs, for example,  knows what I mean. 

Honestly,  gentlemen: please take the time. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, tenthreeleader said:

Maybe some folks need the Mark Wilson hair dryer .... :D

Me doing the hair dryer treatment never, unless you've been talking to some of the numpties I work with.:D

Gentlemen I won't be using the hair dryer as tenthreeleader has suggested :D but I have counted we have four regular story posters and seven forum members who make a regular appearance and contribution into the forum. This is not including the five that have already voted. So we have at least eleven members that could vote in the Hall of Fame Preliminary Round and haven't as of yet. I know we say it isn't mandatory too vote but I was (and no doubt tenthreeleader) was expecting more people to have voted.
We have forum members being surprised every year when someone or a story isn't voted into the Hall of Fame but this wont happen if people don't vote. As we've said several time every vote does count. For example last year if two or three more people had voted in the Hall of Fame we would have had a new member of the Hall of Fame and would have been very close to getting our first story entry.
Come on lads lets get more votes in please and see if your favourite Story or Forum member can get into the Hall of Fame

Basically, gentlemen, it's about getting involved. We're a quiet little backwater on the forums and if we like posting here, let's please show some appreciation for folks like Mark who are doing the heavy lifting. Please and thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, neilhoskins77 said:

Votes sent, and claimed.

Votes received and counted, thankyou

That's six votes and 8 1/2 hours left to vote....Come on guys lets get some more votes in.

Looking at the votes so far we have two stories going through but a vote either way could see a whole lot more going through. Every vote counts now lads

Voting has now closed. Thanks to the few that did vote and I will be putting the results up later on when I've crawled out of bed. 

Thanks again to those who did vote and thanks to BenArsenal and tenthreeleader for trying to get more people voting. Much appreciated 

Right lads the votes have been counted and the Writers and Stories progressing into the next round after receiving more than 20% of the votes, which wasn't too difficult due to only six people voting.

FMS Writers Hall of Fame:

Terk

mark wilson27

Amaroq

gavrenwick

Faramir

Spav

Story Hall of Fame:

Sharpening a Rusty Blade (Amaroq)

American Calcio Padova FM 2008 *repost*  (tenthreeleader)

Their you go guys. Congratulations to those that have progressed and to Amaroq and tenthreeleader for having their stories progress. Voting for the Hall of Fame will begin September time when the Main voting begins. Before that their will of course be the vote to narrow down the Story of the Year nominee's.

Remember guys the more of you that vote in the Hall of Fame the more chance their is of someone entering the Hall of Fame for the first time since tenthreeleader did in 2011, also we haven't had a story enter the Hall of Fame yet so could this year be the year

Congratulations again guys

Mark

Congratulations to both nominees!  Sharpening a Rusty Blade was the story that inspired me to start writing.  American Calcio Padova was the story running opposite An American Pilgrimage when I finally put fingers to the keyboard.

I don't read stories anymore as I teach English classes and spend most of my days reading for my work.

Heck, I don't even have time to play anymore.  My last story, A Northeastern Lad, was written before even playing a single match in a Gateshead save.

Best wishes to nominees.  Too bad Amaroq might not even be made aware if he successfully enters Hall of Fame.

Cheers.

Archived