FM 2017: Glasgow Celtic FC - Welcome back to Paradise Brendan

McGougan33

9 hours ago, SRVRG said:

Has anyone managed to turn Celtic into an all Scottish team, and still be successful in Europe?

Not in FM17 but in FM15 I was a really good Scottish goal keeper short of having a all Scottish line up that could compete in Europe

5 hours ago, DKB said:

Not in FM17 but in FM15 I was a really good Scottish goalkeeper short of having an all Scottish line up that could compete in Europe

Ok, so that's not too far back, so it is probably possible to have a mainly Scottish team, that has to be the goal (love puns), cheers dude.

On 15/01/2017 at 19:58, DKB said:

Rather decent, Kalinic haven't been anywhere close to replacing him, got an English newgen keeper in during the 2018 summer, who most likely will replace him down the line

He costed a combined £5.5m fee (some over months) and had to offer him a rather decent salary as PSG put in an offer for him as well, but haven't regreted spending that money, he is amazing and after 2 season he still have room to improve

I let go of McCart as I couldn't progress his speed enough to meet that requirements I like for my players. Ralston doesn't seem to make it either but he will stay for another season, might to out on loan. Church is progressing nicely, had to put him on DMC, roaming playmaker training for him to improve his natural fitness, it was low from the start (don't know if it is random or fixed?)

It feels fairly tough this year to build the team I want without draining the finances. I wouldn't mind paying a big fee, but it would need to be a game changer for me.

Churches natural fitness for me is a 16, so I guess it's random?

On 15/01/2017 at 21:40, SRVRG said:

Has anyone managed to turn Celtic into an all Scottish team, and still be successful in Europe?

On 16/01/2017 at 00:22, SRVRG said:

Played an extra half an hour just to find out who would be my CL group in the second season. Bayern, Arsenal, and Ajax. Oh dear.

On 16/01/2017 at 07:11, DKB said:

Not in FM17 but in FM15 I was a really good Scottish goal keeper short of having a all Scottish line up that could compete in Europe

As DKB has said, not on this version or on the previous version. I created an all British team before in FM15 or FM14, which when there is eventually enough decent players in my game for reasonable money, I will try and recreate this year.

24 minutes ago, McGougan33 said:

As DKB has said, not on this version or on the previous version. I created an all British team before in FM15 or FM14, which, when there is eventually enough decent players in my game for reasonable money, I will try and recreate this year.

Yeah, I am starting to see that. I still have most of my core team, although the board have sold some of my best young players for big money, which has helped to build the team.

5 hours ago, McGougan33 said:

It feels fairly tough this year to build the team I want without draining the finances. I wouldn't mind paying a big fee, but it would need to be a game changer for me.

Churches natural fitness for me is a 16, so I guess it's random?

yeah guess that you got lucky with that stat, feels kind of stupid by training him as a dmc but roaming playmaker will raise his natural fitness as one of the few roles, so there he is

just got his first Scotland cap at the age of 18, Tierney have had a few injuries so Church have had his time on the pitch

---

I find that the game changer players most often are found on the transferlist, Lemar have been brilliant for me, as has Januzaj

---

former Porto FM legend Aboubakar spends his first year on loan at Besiktas, don't know if they have an option to buy or not, but if so they didn't use it in my game, so I could easily buy him at a low price, £3.3m - not as flash as previous but a good value for money (can't remember if he was transferlisted)

On 4/1/2017 at 11:55, DKB said:

Well did make it through the CL group, but have come up against Juventus in the 1th knock out, auch could turn ugly

The transfer record was broken in the January transfer window, as Gordon had made some bad mistakes at times, so welcome Aussie national keeper Matthew Ryan who had been transfer listed at Valencia, haven't had him before in FM, so looking forward to see what he can do

Had to sign Christ Kouassi due to IRL, so the long term replacement for Brown is in the house

The defense was strengthened with South African national defender Rivaldo Coetzee, who has bad tackling (10) but very good stats in almost every important area, and have plenty of room to improve, at £300k going to £875k he is a certain steal

Scottish duo Jason Cummings and Greg Kittie was transfer listed by requests, so swapped in and signed them to be squad players with plenty of room to improve for both of them with little cost

---

de Vries was allowed to leave on a free to Cardiff to save his wages

Sviatchenko make a lot of noice about leaving,but the right offer didn't come in

Clubs tried to sign up Ajer as well, but very low offers came in, so he stays as well

Rundown on season 3

League, won it easily with 22 points down to Hearts, 25 points down to Partick

Betfred Cup, won it

Scottish Cup won it,

CL, got into a group with Man U, Atl Madrid and Dinamo Zagreb. Going 1-0 in the final game at Old Trafford with a win needed to go through, but Man U came back and scored twice, but secured 3rd so Euro League football in the new year

Euro League, faced Benfica, Anderlecht, Leverkusen,  before coming up against Roma with no central defenders available, so Patterson and loan signing Rabiot put in there. Roma was destroyed 4-0 at home and 3-2 in Rome. In the final I faced Leicester, still with Patterson in central defense. The Inglish was sent home from Switzerland with a 3-1 defeat 

Transfer history

A large numbers of newgens was brought in on top of that

Greg Taylor, who were sent on loan at Kilmarnock to get first team football

Nahuel Leiva joined as a squad player from Villareal

Jason Denayer rejoined Celtic in a £7.5m deal

Lucas Silva was brought in as an replacement for Ajer, who the board sold against my will :-(

In the january window

Adrian Rabiot joined onloan from PSG and Rob Holden joined on loan from Swansea 

---

Transfers out...

The board accepted an offer for Ajer from Inter without me having any sayings in the matter 

Scott Sinclair was sold as he wasn't a first team player, and to expensive to have sitting on the bench + was getting older, so last chance to make money out of him

Jozo left after the deal with Denayer was clinced, no point in having him as 4th choice

WBA came in with an offer for O'Connell, which was negotiated to £4.6m, which I couldn't refuse

On the last day of the January window, Sunderland came in with a £13m offer for Denayer, who hadn't been able to clinch a starting place in the team, so it was a short stay for him (again)

+ loads of players out on loan

---

Two high profile signings are made with Rabiot joining in the summer on a free from PSG and Calum Chambers also joining on a bosman from Arsenal + a bunch of newgens

• 4 weeks later...

About to kick off the 2020/2011 season, a winning season would mean 10 in a row

GK) Mathew Ryan - Miguel Silva (have a regen wonderkid out of loan and another in the reserves, so needed a solid backup keeper that just sits on the bench)
DC) Jerome Ongunene - Calum Chambers
DC) Rivaldo Coetze - Newgen 
DC) Alessandro Bastoni - Presnel Kimpembe
RWB) Vyacheslav Karavaev - Callum Patterson
LWB) Kieran Tierney - Daniel Church
MC) Tiemoue Bakayoko - Newgen 
MC) Thomas Lemar - Newgen
MC) Adrian Rabiot - Christ Kouassi
FC) Newgen - Vincent Aboubakar
FC) Moussa Dembele - Newgen

20 players in the reserves and a whopping 40 players out on loan 

£90m in the bank and "only" £20m in transfer debt

How do you keep hold of players? I've put a game on hold because first Tierney had a hissy fit about leaving (which I don't think will ever happen) and I had to sell and lots more just have their head turned so easily. Obvious ones like Dembele but also Sviatchenko, Lustig, Rogic, Griffiths etc too. Do you just reject bids and hope that they come round eventually? How does that poor morale affect performances?

Good luck on 10IAR DKB I wish I had that patience!

4 minutes ago, 1967 said:

How do you keep hold of players? I've put a game on hold because first Tierney had a hissy fit about leaving (which I don't think will ever happen) and I had to sell and lots more just have their head turned so easily. Obvious ones like Dembele but also Sviatchenko, Lustig, Rogic, Griffiths etc too. Do you just reject bids and hope that they come round eventually? How does that poor morale affect performances?

yeah just reject what ever that comes in, you need to have money in the bank otherwise the board might overrule you, only lost Ajer on that

always start the game by signing the key players on 5 year contracts with an opton for another 3 + 1 year after 15 matches in the final season, so I've their contracts covered if they start to moan, but they usually comes good after a while. Also puts in a high min clause, mostly as it will make sure that they don't demands a lower one when offering them at new one years down the road

On 21/2/2017 at 11:16, 1967 said:

Thanks 

Think that the going for 10 in a row is partly due to me not being able to really get into other club carreers atm, only done a full season with River Plate every other game has not progressed a month, and me waiting for the January transfer window update to kick in - so I tend to go back to Celtic again and again

57 minutes ago, 1967 said:

That sounds like me, just that I get bored with Celtic too! How do you find the SPFL challenge and what keeps you motivated in a Celtic save? I'm going to give a Celtic save another go, any rules/ tips?

The main focus for me in the game is to progress/develop players, so the "easy" games in the SPL are a gift as I normally don't get pushed for the title, so that gives game experiece for the youngsters to develop, that they won't have gotten if I had been playing in the EPL. Loves to find a young players/newgen with lots of potential and make them into first team players. I would guess that I spend more game time on scouting/browsing through teams/newgen intakes/staffs than I do playing the matches (they usually goes on with me browsing Celtic/football forums, with the big European games the exception 

On 21/2/2017 at 10:40, DKB said:

About to kick off the 2020/2011 season, a winning season would mean 10 in a row

GK) Mathew Ryan - Miguel Silva (have a regen wonderkid out of loan and another in the reserves, so needed a solid backup keeper that just sits on the bench)
DC) Jerome Ongunene - Calum Chambers
DC) Rivaldo Coetze - Newgen 
DC) Alessandro Bastoni - Presnel Kimpembe
RWB) Vyacheslav Karavaev - Callum Patterson
LWB) Kieran Tierney - Daniel Church
MC) Tiemoue Bakayoko - Newgen 
MC) Thomas Lemar - Newgen
MC) Adrian Rabiot - Christ Kouassi
FC) Newgen - Vincent Aboubakar
FC) Moussa Dembele - Newgen

20 players in the reserves and a whopping 40 players out on loan 

£90m in the bank and "only" £20m in transfer debt

So 10 in a row was clinched, and so was my first CL win, 4-1 in the final against Arsenal

Danny McGrain decided to call it the day as a coach, thrilled for him to be a part of the 10 in a row

Time for me to put this game on pause and try another team

8 hours ago, DKB said:

So 10 in a row was clinched, and so was my first CL win, 4-1 in the final against Arsenal

Danny McGrain decided to call it the day as a coach, thrilled for him to be a part of the 10 in a row

Time for me to put this game on pause and try another team

I only make it a few seasons then get bored when i start getting ridiculous transfer budgets. Gonna try for 10 in a row though.

I feel like Tierney is a lot easier to keep now.

Read some of the past posts here and you all were pre much forced to sell. I seemed to be fine keeping him albeit made it to last 16 of CL - perhaps the reason for keeping him happy? On this note, I also play a very friendly formation for him to thrive as the only wide player on the left side and hes average 7.8 match rating in the league heading into the third season. 7.4 in the CL.

I play a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow. Griffiths scored 3 wonder goals in year one and saw an event-based development moment occur pushing his long shots to 19. Have sinced aimed to make him a deep-lying forward with Dembele as the poacher/CFa/Adv Forward. Working sublimely with rogic in behind. A lot of long shots going in.

Anyone else still playing as Celtic? Started a game a couple of weeks ago and really getting in to it now, playing a high-pressing, possession game a la the great Guardiola teams. 

Added twelve new staff members in various positions, very little in the way of player activity; Izaguirre left to Young Boys for 100k and I brought in Drogba and Gudjohnsen as tutors, Carlos Soler from Valencia and Thilo Kehrer on loan from Schalke.

Currently in early November and unbeaten in all competitions, 1 point clear of St. Johnstone in the league with two games in hand, in to the Betfred Cup Final and 2nd after 4 games in the Champions League group with Dortmund, Benfica and Club Brugge. 

Pretty happy with the squad although a new full-back is preferred.. I'm looking at Callum Paterson, Josh Tymon and Ryan Sessegnon as potential January signings.

• 2 months later...
On 15 January 2017 at 21:40, SRVRG said:

With it being the anniversary of the Lions today I'm going to start this game in the next few days and see how I get on. 

Been torn about about whether to allow the use of Non Scottish youths that have been developed through my youth system ie Eoghan O'Connell who I use in my Celtic saves a lot but going to be strict and allow only Scottish born players. 

Will give myself the first season using non Scottish players that are already at the club as some won't be easy to shift with them being new signing and to increase their value but all have to be sold by the end of the first season. 

Will update on my progress. Any signing recommendations welcome

Hail Hail

6 hours ago, Intheheatoflisbon said:

With it being the anniversary of the Lions today I'm going to start this game in the next few days and see how I get on. 

Been torn about about whether to allow the use of Non Scottish youths that have been developed through my youth system ie Eoghan O'Connell who I use in my Celtic saves a lot but going to be strict and allow only Scottish born players. 

Will give myself the first season using non Scottish players that are already at the club as some won't be easy to shift with them being new signing and to increase their value but all have to be sold by the end of the first season. 

Will update on my progress. Any signing recommendations welcome

Hail Hail

would you opt not to sign a Scottish wonderkid born in England? - Or in other words, would you have opted not to sign Maloney/or have sold him on when he appeared in your youth intake - what with a wonderkid with Scottish as 2nd nationality

what would you do if you get a Scottish newgen wonderkid through your intake, you train nuture him and develops him into a key player, but he then opts to play for another country due to his 2nd nationality (I've had one that opted to play for Wales) would he be sold? - would you have sold McGeady? 

--

I would include any player coming through my youth system, and any player capped by Scotland,

I have had a Celtic/Scotland Club & Country save on the back burner whilst playing a number of other saves (primarily my Chelsea save but also did a Chinese C&C), but got to the point where I needed a save that would freshen up my views of FM. Currently starting my second season so here's a quick catch up:

2016/17 season: Premiership - 1st! (26-10-2; 88 points); Betfred Cup - Winners!; Scottish Cup - Winners!; Champions League - Quarter Finals!

Pretty much overachieved in my first season with us reaching the Quarter Finals of the Champions League - we had Benfica, Spurs and Leverkusen in our group and topped it, also beat Dortmund 8-7 on aggregate before Real Madrid knocked us out 3-1 on agg. League was fairly comfortable, too many draws for my liking and a couple of bogey teams involved with that. Cup runs were also straight forward, didn't play too many youngsters but more the second string backup side. Main formation was a 4-2-3-1 but also changed to 5-2-1-2 / 5-2-2-1 depending on fitness and opposition.

Transfers wise, brought in a lot of loans (yay no restrictions!) but didn't play some of them enough so the cost wasn't viable and they were terminated in January. Had a bit of a clear out in both windows also, ended up making a £7.75m profit over the two windows:

Transfers In: Rodri, Passlack, Walker-Peters, Kenedy, Friedrich, Fryers, Boschilla, Louis Thompson, McNair, Brad Smith, Mittlestadt (all loans), Martin Kelly (£1.9m), Johannsson (£3.2m), Hirsch (£500k), Radosevic (£275k), Diego Rico (£2m) and Bacuna (£1.5m).

Transfers Out: Ambrose (£425k), Izaguirre (£190k), Lustig (£1.6m), Sviatchenko (£1.9m), Griffiths (£6m), Gamboa (£1.4m), Tierney (£6.5m + 50% future fee), Eboue (£1.3m + 50% future fee), de Vries, Bailly (both frees).

2017-18 season: just started (currently 7th August 2017).

I've already set in stone that I want to play 5-2-1-2 / 5-2-2-1 as I feel we are defensively more stable but we also provide more of a threat with the overload of WB and winger or AM and two strikers. This has been shown in our transfers, as follows:

Transfers In: Friedrich (£4m), Browning (£2.1m), Kalas (£2.9m), Izzy Brown (loan), Borthwick-Jackson (loan), Holding (loan), Garbutt (£975k), Areola (£3.3m).

Transfers Out: Kris Commons (released), Kolo Toure (released), Boyata (£400k), Bitton (£2m), Mackay-Steven (free), Ciftci (£800k), Kelly (loan with £700k future fee), Dembele (£12m).

That leaves us with £17m in the budget to spend, but i'm not going out willy-nilly and if there's nobody else to get then I won't just spend it. Our squad looks like:

GK: Alphonse Areola / Craig Gordon / Shaun McCulloch (regen)

WBR: Leandro Bacuna / Saidy Janko / Tyias Browning

RCB: Rob Holding / Jamie McCart

CB: Tomas Kalas / Jozo Simunovic

LCB: Marvin Friedrich / Cameron Borthwick-Jackson

WBL: Diego Rico / Luke Garbutt

RCM: Maurice Hirsch / Scott Brown

LCM: Tom Rogic / Josip Radosevic / Kristoffer Ajer

CAM: Stuart Armstrong / Callum McGregor / Ryan Christie

RF: Aron Johannsson / Izzy Brown

LF: Mimoun Mahi

So recently joined up with FM17 after heeing and hawing on it for ages. Plumped for Celtic for my first season, and to say its been decent is an understatement.

Transfer Summary:

Summer - Roberto Battaglia (1 Million), Joel Pohjanpalo (Loan, terminated at end of Dec as not getting enough matches)

Winter - Tom Cairney (Loan), Asmir Begovic (Loan), Rodrigo Bentancur (Loan)

Outs - Efe Ambrose (400k), Liam Henderson (Loan), Kouassi Eboue (Loan)

League - Won easily, 31 points ahead of Aberdeen with the Ibrox Rugby Club in 5th with 54 points and now being managed by Paul Lambert?! Leigh Griffiths top scorer with 25 goals and Scott Sinclair tops the Assist charts with 13.

Betfred Cup - Beat Hibs in the Final

Scottish Cup - Beat Partick Thistle 1-0 after having knocked Rangers out in the quarters and beating Aberdeen in the Semi. 

Champions League - Qualified easily for the group stages beating Olimpija, FH and Ludogorets. Then got drawn in the group stage with Juventus, Sevilla and Lyon, thought we'd be doing well if we sneaked third and qualified for the Europa League.

Results were:

Matchday 1 - Celtic 3-0 Juventus (Griffiths 67,68, Sinclair 73)

Matchday 2 - Lyon 1-1 Celtic (Lacazette 46) (Griffiths 44)

Matchday 3 - Celtic 2-1 Sevilla (Griffiths pen 14, Rico OG 56) (Iborra 63)

Matchday 4 - Sevilla 2-0 Celtic (Vazquez 56, Vietto 59)

Matchday 5 - Juventus 1-1 Celtic (Dybala 49) (Roberts 63)

Matchday 6 - Celtic 0-0 Lyon

Which meant we qualified for the last 16!! In second place behind Lyon with Juventus dropping to the Europa! Where we drew Barca with the first leg at Celtic Park...

Which went pretty well... We beat them 4-0!! (Roberts 1, Dembele 5, Brown 47, Sinclair 50) and then we went to the Nou Camp... Suarez scored in the 11th, Alcacer in the 57th and then Pique in the 87th and we were holding on for dear life! And we made it! Just! Through to the quarter finals!!

We went up against Napoli, first leg at home again and we didnt get off to the best of starts after Milik scored in just the 5th minute, dream run coming to an end. Well Dembele was having none of that, he equalised for us in the 11th minute and then put us ahead in the 16th minute! And then, on the stroke of half time Koulibaly scores... an OG!! 3-1 up!! After half time, Mertens flukes home a second for Napoli and that seems to be that for the match until Roberts is brought down in the box in the 92nd minute. Dembele grabs the ball and slams it home for his hat trick! Over to Naples for the second leg and after a non-descript first half, Heysaj is punished for a handball in the box and Sinclair steps up to slide it home. Pull the boys back and defend is now the motto. Turns out we're not very good at that. Pavoletti scores in the 78th and then Milik in the 86th and once again its backs to the wall, park the bus time. And again, we squeak through by the one goal!

Semi Final time draws us against Leicester with the first leg at the King Power stadium. Dembele pops up with a goal just before half time and then Roberts makes it 0-2 right after half time. All good so far right? Nope, Vardy scores in the 56th and then again in the 60th to get them level as the defence are posted missing both times! But that man Dembele is having none of their nonsense and shows anything Vardy can do, Dembele can do better. Goals from him in the 66th and 68th minutes means another fantastic European performance and our first away win in Europe of the campaign! Back at Celtic Park and we were on easy street. Roberts in the 10th, a Drinkwater OG in the 22nd and then Dembele in the 30th means we are strolling to Cardiff. A Vardy consolation in the 50th does nothing to dampen our spirits!

And now, the final, in Cardiff, against Spurs...

It was a crap game to be honest, wave after wave of Spurs attacks, each one getting closer to a goal. Which never came. Until the 81st minute, when Dembele popped up with a cool finish on a rare foray up the pitch. Backs to the wall time again but the anticipated attacks never came. We had broken Spurs with that goal and so...

Celtic were Champions League Winners!!!

Im going to retire now...

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/05/2017 at 16:52, womblemk3 said:

So recently joined up with FM17 after heeing and hawing on it for ages. Plumped for Celtic for my first season, and to say its been decent is an understatement.

Transfer Summary:

Summer - Roberto Battaglia (1 Million), Joel Pohjanpalo (Loan, terminated at end of Dec as not getting enough matches)

Winter - Tom Cairney (Loan), Asmir Begovic (Loan), Rodrigo Bentancur (Loan)

Outs - Efe Ambrose (400k), Liam Henderson (Loan), Kouassi Eboue (Loan)

League - Won easily, 31 points ahead of Aberdeen with the Ibrox Rugby Club in 5th with 54 points and now being managed by Paul Lambert?! Leigh Griffiths top scorer with 25 goals and Scott Sinclair tops the Assist charts with 13.

Betfred Cup - Beat Hibs in the Final

Scottish Cup - Beat Partick Thistle 1-0 after having knocked Rangers out in the quarters and beating Aberdeen in the Semi. 

Champions League - Qualified easily for the group stages beating Olimpija, FH and Ludogorets. Then got drawn in the group stage with Juventus, Sevilla and Lyon, thought we'd be doing well if we sneaked third and qualified for the Europa League.

Results were:

Matchday 1 - Celtic 3-0 Juventus (Griffiths 67,68, Sinclair 73)

Matchday 2 - Lyon 1-1 Celtic (Lacazette 46) (Griffiths 44)

Matchday 3 - Celtic 2-1 Sevilla (Griffiths pen 14, Rico OG 56) (Iborra 63)

Matchday 4 - Sevilla 2-0 Celtic (Vazquez 56, Vietto 59)

Matchday 5 - Juventus 1-1 Celtic (Dybala 49) (Roberts 63)

Matchday 6 - Celtic 0-0 Lyon

Which meant we qualified for the last 16!! In second place behind Lyon with Juventus dropping to the Europa! Where we drew Barca with the first leg at Celtic Park...

Which went pretty well... We beat them 4-0!! (Roberts 1, Dembele 5, Brown 47, Sinclair 50) and then we went to the Nou Camp... Suarez scored in the 11th, Alcacer in the 57th and then Pique in the 87th and we were holding on for dear life! And we made it! Just! Through to the quarter finals!!

We went up against Napoli, first leg at home again and we didnt get off to the best of starts after Milik scored in just the 5th minute, dream run coming to an end. Well Dembele was having none of that, he equalised for us in the 11th minute and then put us ahead in the 16th minute! And then, on the stroke of half time Koulibaly scores... an OG!! 3-1 up!! After half time, Mertens flukes home a second for Napoli and that seems to be that for the match until Roberts is brought down in the box in the 92nd minute. Dembele grabs the ball and slams it home for his hat trick! Over to Naples for the second leg and after a non-descript first half, Heysaj is punished for a handball in the box and Sinclair steps up to slide it home. Pull the boys back and defend is now the motto. Turns out we're not very good at that. Pavoletti scores in the 78th and then Milik in the 86th and once again its backs to the wall, park the bus time. And again, we squeak through by the one goal!

Semi Final time draws us against Leicester with the first leg at the King Power stadium. Dembele pops up with a goal just before half time and then Roberts makes it 0-2 right after half time. All good so far right? Nope, Vardy scores in the 56th and then again in the 60th to get them level as the defence are posted missing both times! But that man Dembele is having none of their nonsense and shows anything Vardy can do, Dembele can do better. Goals from him in the 66th and 68th minutes means another fantastic European performance and our first away win in Europe of the campaign! Back at Celtic Park and we were on easy street. Roberts in the 10th, a Drinkwater OG in the 22nd and then Dembele in the 30th means we are strolling to Cardiff. A Vardy consolation in the 50th does nothing to dampen our spirits!

And now, the final, in Cardiff, against Spurs...

It was a crap game to be honest, wave after wave of Spurs attacks, each one getting closer to a goal. Which never came. Until the 81st minute, when Dembele popped up with a cool finish on a rare foray up the pitch. Backs to the wall time again but the anticipated attacks never came. We had broken Spurs with that goal and so...

Celtic were Champions League Winners!!!

Im going to retire now...

You're saying you won the champions league in your first season with Celtic? I think I'm going to need to see proof

• 1 month later...

I managed to make it till the summer window at the start of my 3rd season, but they've come for literally everyone :( I have so much £££ in the bank, but no one to sign as I'm not prepared to break my philosophy's. Time to promote the youth and hope for the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Today is maybe my happiest day ever on FM.

So, a little context: been playing with Celtic this save, I'm on year 5. Ten-in-a-row is on the bag and I'm playing against PSG on the UCL quarters.

First game we try to defend well on Parc des Princes, but PSG overwhelm us and beat us 2-1, with a beautiful, beautiful goal by Ryan Christie keeping us on the tie.

Then, a week later on Paradise, this happens:

mBW7kge.png

I would be the happiest man ever if we beat the 1-0, but we gone the whole way.

There's nothing more beautiful than beating those rich, powerful teams. And it's even more beautiful when we gone 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 4-0 before they scored!

Here are the goals, sorry about the quality, I thought 480p would be good enough but it still looks like it was recorded by a potato.

Goals are, on order: Dalmonte, Nedecealru, Dalmonte, Larsson, Dembele, Williams, Dalmonte.

Here are the game stats, to prove it wasn't flukey, we more than held ourselves against them.

uoMYWzx.png

And here's our UCL tactics. Usually, my midfield triangle is inverted (AM instead of DM), but I feel this way I'm more protected on defensive transitions.

080Akhw.png

I usually tinker game on game. This game, I lost "Play Out of Defense", as PSG would press us and probably win the ball on our field. We also gone more direct and goal kicks long, and we on most of the second balls on midfield. Besides of that, I changed Christie to AP-S and Hourihane to BBM-S, as I felt we shouldn't be running with the ball through the middle that much. 

As the game went, I exchanged Sinclair and Dalmonte sides (as you saw, Dalmonte scoring three times through the right) and Kinglsey became a WB-S to bomb forward with more caution.

Well, dream's over: lost the semi-finals against Madrid. Conceded twice on corners (damn Ramos) on Paradise first leg (2-0 Real Madrid), was winning 1-0 on Bernabeu when Rajkovic mistimed his rushing out and Bale equalized.

However, the Under-20 kids won the UEFA Youth League, so there's that.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Poddy said:

Anyone got an issue with Celtic Affiliates? I cannot cancel the irish ones, and they are basically useless and the board keep telling me I got too much so won't let me get new ones

they haven't been done as they are IRL for years now, I've raised it to the researchers (I think both last year and this year) but it doesn't seem to a issue that they are going to deal with

edit... so if you want it fixed you should do so in the editor 

Archived