FM17: Rotherham United - To be the best team in Yorkshire

SpillBlood

January

4615231b972a643844e3906f273763bc.png

Changing my expectations:

b3abec2abcc86a52ba54928362cc8f54.png

Main reason is there are 3 players I'm really looking at and may bring in.

Away - Aston Villa
Pre-match They're struggling.  Can we get a win?
First half It's a penalty!  Ayew goes down from a nudge from Fabiano.  Wasn't needed, we weren't under pressure!  Audero saves Pasalics penalty!  Good move from Villa and Borimirov hits the bar! It's 1 - 0 Villa.  Pasalics hits a cross from deep in and Ayew gets on the end of it.  He should be offside there =/.  Half time.  Villa are much better, we gotta sort that out.
Second half Thodesen and Grigg replace Tammy and Gray with 30 minutes to go.  I was right, they cannot play together.  Gribbin also comes on for Hinds.  The fullbacks changed to wingbacks and we go fluid.  Try offer more support.  Ayew makes a great save to deny Ayew!  It's 1 - 1!  Gribbin hits in a 25 yarder, think it deflected on the way in?  Yes it did!  Still, 1 - 1 after 83 minutes.  Villa counter and Edwards is in but Audero saves his poor shot.  Full time.
Post-match Much better in the second half but we were lucky to draw.

I said about transfers... Nevermind.  The wages people want to come to Rotherham are stupid.  They're unhappy and want first team football but they want 80k, 90k a week to come.  No chance.

Difficult 4th round!

821191489ae0510ff73f25ca74ef57c3

Home - Chelsea
Pre-match Vardy is back and Hendrick is fit to start.  Imbula goes to the bench.
First half What a save, Chelsea counter from Grays poor pass and Audero makes a huge save.  What a save!  Courtois gets down to his right to deny Vardys low shot.  It's a goal!  Hendrick plays in Gray and he hits in.  I thought he was offisde and replays still show he's slightly off in my opinion! But it's 1 - 0 in the 43rd minute. 44th minute it's 2 - 0!  James crosses and it's clear.  Ball back in and Hendrick heads in!  Half time, what an amazing 2 minutes!
Second half Close again.  Lovely passing and Courtois makes a good save to deny Hendrick.  30 minutes left and Tammy replaces Vardy, he's only just back.  Bielik hits a superb ball up to Tammy and he goes close but it's saved, he could of done better.  Bit of luck and Gray has the ball in the box!  Good save from Courtois.  Last 10 minutes.  Gribbin and Di Masi on for Kasim and Hinds.  Quick counter and Tammy goes close with a shot from just outside the area and that's full time.
Post-match We could of had more!

0ebadcaf3904fd7ae85acc2320720b62.png

Home - ELF Cup Semi Final - Manchester United
Pre-match Playing the same team that played against Chelsea.  United are a team we struggle against I.E we've never beat them, I really hope we can come out on top.  Failing that they just play youngsters for me instead.
First half What a block!  Bergstorm charges infront of Rashfords shot that otherwise would of gone in.  Penalty?!  Seems harsh.  Fabiano fouls Vasilev in the 41st minute.  Rashford steps up and.. slots in. 1 - 0 in the 42nd minute.  Half time.  Told the lads to show me something else.
Second half It's 1 - 1 in the 51st minute!  Kasim hits a freekick from deep, BErgstorm heads down and Bielik hits in!  We put a goal past De Gea, wooo!  Rashford does so well but his shot is saved.  It's 2 - 1 to Manchester United.  Rashford hits in Lekos cross.  Need some subs.  Imbula, Borthwick-Jackson and Grigg on for Gray, King and James. 33 minutes to go.  The post!  Kasim hits a freekick in, Bergstorm gets up and he hits the post with his header and it bounces out.  It's full time.
Post-match We tried, United are just too good for us.

Away - Norwich City
Pre-match Quite a few players rotated. They're 8th, it'll be a hard task.
First half We go 1 - 0 up in the 27th minute.  Colin crosses from about 35 yards out, lovely ball and Vardy hits in.  Audero makes a huge save to deny as Adarabioyo makes a mistake missing the interception.  Half time.
Second half Cross comes in and Diamantakos smashes against the post.  Di Masi tripps Tom Carroll and it's a penalty.  Can't complain.  Naismith hits in after 60 minutes.  30 minutes left, Grigg, Kasim and Hendrick on.  Sheaf, Gribbin and Tammy off.  It's 2 - 1 to Norwich.  Cross comes in and we block the first shot, second shot Kike hits into the corner after 70 minutes.  It's 3 - 1.  Judge hits in the freekick and Klose volleys at the back post.  88th minute it's 3 - 2.  Good passing and Grigg finishes the move.  Can we equalise? We cannot, it's full time.
Post-match Not good enough, Tammy was awful again.

Away - Everton
Pre-match Imbula is away at the ACoN but apart from that it's my first team.
First half 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 6th minute.  Good passing.  Gray to Vardy, he turns and smashes it in the top corner from just outside the box. How did he miss?  Fabiano hits a lovely ball over the top and Gray somehow heads over with alot to aim at.  It's a penalty!  Funes Mori handballs!  Vardy steps up and.. it's in!  His brace after 17 minutes.  Audero makes a huge save!  Fabiano gives Everton the ball with an awful pass then gets skinned!  They're in, cross, shot at back post and it's a wonderful stop.  Lukaku goes close!  He rises highest and he heads onto the post.  It's 2 - 1.  Superb counter from Everton and Raul hits a low cross that Lukaku hits in after 36 minutes. Half time and Sheaf replaces Fabiano.
Second half 20 minutes left.  Grigg and Gribbin on, Hinds and Gray off.  Good stop from Hitz but Vardy should of just gotten his hat-trick.  Another good chance for Vardy but it's a poor shot.  Full time.
Post-match We played very well but when it went to 2 - 1 I got edgy.  Vardy had chances to put the game to bed and didn't.

New record for Vardy!

de758dfeecb9776096241c44cbfc8931.png

No doubt he'll be getting more.  

His return so far, quality.

22096f58f34ce7da91f0d0867011e2bd.png

Home - Middlesbrough
Pre-match I have a feeling this isn't going to be an easy game. Colin starts over Fabiano.
First half 1 - 0 to Rotherham.  Really good passing and moving, Colin crosses and Gray heads in.  Penalty.  Benaga fouls Bergstorm! Vardy steps up and.. bottom coenr!  2 - 0 after 20 minutes.  Great move and Vardy probably should of made it 3.  It's 2 - 1.  James makes such a poor pass, that's awful.  They cross in and Janssen heads in after 32 minutes.  Half time.
Second half It's 2 - 2 in the 57th minute.  Pagannini with another assist and Janssen volleys in for his brace after 57 minutes. Zuclini, Borthwick-Jackson and Di Masi replace James, Bielik and Kasim.  30 minutes left, can we cut out the mistakes and win? Full time.
Post-match What an awful second half.  Defense were poor.

Away - ELF Cup Semi Final Second Leg - Manchester United
Pre-match Let's try win!
First half Poor first half for both sides.
Second half Wow Guerreiro should score and hits wide!  Rashford hits the post! I can't break them doing.  Switching to my old 4 - 3 - 3 tactic with Vardy and Gribbin the wide players.  Grigg, Gribbin and Zuculini replace Gray, Kasim and King.  What an awful goal.  United go 1 - 0 up, cross comes in and Bielik hits it off Zuculini and bounces in for an own goal.  It's 2 - 0.  Guerreiro crosses and Bernardeschi hits in in the 74th minute.  It's 3 - 0.  United counter after Grigg loses the ball about 3 times.  Bernardeschi crosses and Firmino hits in.  I go for a formation change, see if it works a bit better.  Grigg is having a shocker, gives the ball away again but Audero manages to save.  It's 3 - 1!  Hinds plays in Vardy and he slots in.  It's all too late after 83 minutes though.  Grigg loses the ball again and it sets United up for another goal.  4 - 1, Bernardeschi smashes one from outside the box, bar and in.  Full time.
Post-match We cannot cope with United. When just there CM pairing cost them 150million, I can't really say alot.

Not a good record..

a93f6427651c8fbe2344dabadc08c759.png

Away - Chelsea - FA Cup 4th Rounf
Pre-match Alot of rotation, I'd rather concentrate on the league.
First half We counter so well and Gribbins shot is poor.  It's 1 - 0 to Chelsea in the 34rd minute.  Luck really, a shot ping pongs and Lopez manages to knock in.  2 - 0 in the 36th minute.  Carvajal runs in and somehow puts it into the net.  We're so poor out there, confidence is shot.  It should be 3 but Audero makes a great save. Half time and I go mental at them.
Second half Tammy misses a great chance, great play from Vardy.  25 minutes left.  Gray, King and Borthwick-Jackson on for James, Fabiano and Tammy.  Vardy goes close but it's a good save!  Full time.
Post-match Not good enough.  James really isn't playing well.

February

225cc44e2869e2e3048da68647383b03.png

Away - AFC Bournemouth
Pre-match Let's pick it up, we've had a few bad games.
First half Poor first half, gotta pick it up.
Second half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham!  We counter, Gray hits a lovely ball to Vardy, he gives it to Hinds and he smashes it, bar and in after 51 minutes.  Thodesen is back and he replaces the injured Vardy.  Zuclini replaces the injured Hinds in the 71st minute.  2 - 0 to Rotherham in the 78th minute! King plays a lovely ball through, Thodesen centers and Gray smashes in but my, the keeper could of done better!  Gray misses an absolute sitter after good play from CBJ.  Full time.
Post-match Good win, CBJ was really good at LB.

Home - Watford
Pre-match King moves to CM-A and Imbula comes in for Hendrick now he's back from ACoN.  Switch to fluid aswell, it helped vs Bournemouth.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Watford.  Pereyras cross takes a delefection and sets up Pendarnda to knock in after 8 minutes.  It's 1 - 1 in the 10th.  Colin hits the corner in, it's headed down and Zuculini hits in.  Half time, even half.
Second half Penalty!  Bergstorm fouls!  Oguzchan steps up and it's 2 - 1 in the 51st minute. It's 2 - 2 in the 52nd minute.  Freekick, passed to Gray, he plays in Vardy who hits in.  That's better.  It's red.  Colin gets sent off for a second yellow for a tackle he didn't need to make in the 54th minute.  Gray is replaced by Sheaf and leaves 1 uptop.  Hendrick and Di Masi replace Imbula and King in the 65th minute.  It's 3 - 2 Watford in the 68th minute.  Santos' cross is met by Pereyra.   It's 4 - 2 Watford.  Cross comes in and Pereyra shoots, saved by Santos hits in the rebound.  POOR defending in this second half.  Full time.
Post-match Shocking, they made the better chances.  Colin cost us and CBJ was dire!

Not too bad!  We won the U23s.

c630b58fd083766c9cc748d19b1753d0.png

Away - Manchester City
Pre-match Two week break since last game.  Hinds is back, he's CM-A With King and Hendrick as the B2B.  James and Fabiano take the fullback roles.  Going back to structured.  City aren't playing well, hopefully we can get the win.
First half  It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham.  Awesome football.  Such good passing, Gray plays in Hinds who hits across goal for Vardy to hit in at the back post after 10 minutes. What a shot.  It's 1 - 1 in the 11th minute.  Veratti unleashes one into the top corner from 20 yards out.  It's 2 - 1 to City.  Stones managed to get a cross off and KdB heads in, think it takes a slight deflection to put off Audero.  It's 2 - 2! Great passing again and Gray plays in Vardy for his brace.  Half time, great game so far.
Second half 3 - 2 in the 49th minute.  Corner comes in and it's flicked on, Otamendi heads in at the back post. Kasim, Imbula and Thodesen replace Gray, Hendrick and Hinds. It's 4 - 2 in the 64th minute.  Corner again.  Otamendi heads it, Audero saves onto the back of James and it rolls to Stones 2 yards out.  Vardy is through and misses a huge chance.  It's 4 - 3!  Kasim hits in a 25 yard freekick, lovely hit after 73 minutes.  Can we equalise? LAST KICK OF THE GAME AND IT's 4 - 4! JAMES HITS IN A CROSS AND THODESEN HEADS IN! 92ND MINUTE! Full time!
Post-match What a comeback!!!

March

6c4b058b411d8c2536efaaad520ab266.png

We lost Bielik for a month, that's a huge blow.

Home - Liverpool
Pre-match Going to start Thodesen after that goal.  Let's see how he does.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 8th minute.  James corner in, Grujic heads only to Adarabioyo, he lays off Thodesen, his shot is blocked but King hits in after 8 minutes. Sportiello makes a great save to deny Vardy after a quick counter.  Last kick of the half and it's 1 - 1.  Good passing and Luan is played in and slots into the corner.  Half time.  Even game.
Second half  30 minutes to go.  Gray on for Thodesen and Hinds on for Hendrick. It's the post!  We hit a corner in and keep shooting, Hinds' shot hits the post and we win another corner.  I can see another goal coming here.  Gray played in but on his weaker foot it's a tame shot. Kasim hits in a freekick, Liverpool clear and counter but Markovic is a bit greedy and tries to score a worldy.  Last 2 minutes Grigg replaces Vardy.  Full time.
Post-match Good match, happy with a draw.

Away - Arsenal
Pre-match Hinds and Gray start.  Hendrick and Thodesen go to the bench.  Colin actually starts at RB, Fabiano is in poor form.  This is going to be a very hard game.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham after 7 minutes. I think Jones clears into Imbula and he's tackled and Hinds manages to poke it in before Bellerin gets to it.  It's 1 - 1 in the 11th minute.  Audeos kick out is so poor and it's takes a hit back up, a header down and Ozil to volley it to equalise.  Audero, that really was poor.  Good move from Rotherham and Gray hits the post, was a tight angle.  Arsenal go close, another poor kick from Audero.  He has two plays to pass two and passes in the middle of them both!  It's 2 - 1 in the 44th minute.  Chamberlain makes James look like a noob, crosses low and Berardi hits in.  Shame, thought we could hold on 'til half time.
Second half It's 3 - 1 to Arsenal in the 48th minute.  Passing across, no challenges made, too easy and Alexis hits in to finish off the move.  30 minutes left.  Hendrick, Zuculini and Thodesen on for Gray, Kasim and Imbula.  It's 4 - 1.  Cross in, Bergstorm misses the header and Andone hits in at the back post.  Full time.
Post-match That was poor.  

Alarming how many goals I'm conceding now.  My fullbacks are really struggling.

Home - Sunderland
Pre-mach Hopefully this is our turn around game.  Regen LB Gylfason, Fabiano, Di Masi and Adarabioyo start at the back.  Zuculini starts at DM.
First half Better side but not made the chance.
Second half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham.  Very nice passing and King plays in Imbula who slots low.  Gribbin, Grigg and Thodesen replace Hinds, Gray and Vardy with 20 minutes to go.  Close!  Gylfason hits a lovely ball up to Grigg, he hits from 20 yards out and it is just wide.  Full time!
Post-match Very nicely done and good win.  Some passing was very questionable though.

Tammy wants first team football and normally I'd say no but my strikers are not in form.  I'll let him start ahead of Gray.

April

cde444b70d1ea196fb91622fef9d7a3e.png

Away - West Bromwich Albion
Pre-match They're 20th, if we win we can keep our Champions League dream alive.  8 to play and 4 points hehind Tottenham who are 4th.  Chelsea are only 1 point behind though with a game in hand.
First half Poor first half.  We gotta get more of those shots on target.
Second half Gribbin and Gray replace Hinds and Tammy in the 62nd minute.  It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham!  Gribbin wins the ball and we counter.  King passes to Gray and he unleashes a volley, no keeper would of saved that shot, pure pwoer!  71st minute!  Di Masi replaces Adarabioyo for the last 15 minutes.  Gray puts in a lucky cross and Vardy should score!  Not Vardys best game but you can't expect him to be awesome every game.
Post-match I'll take the 3 points but Audero is MotM and the defense did really well.  We had more shots, on target etc, just needed to make better chances.

Home - Crystal Palace
Pre-match Going to start Gray and Tammy, will I regret it since they haven't played well together in the past?  Bielik is back and straight into the first team.  My regen through the youth system has started to kick on so I'm going to let him start at CM-A.
First half Kasim hits a freekick from the edge of the box and it smashes the post!  TAMMY MISSES AGAIN.  Lovely ball from Townsend and Tammy wins with his pace, his shot is onto the post though!  TAMMY SCORES!  Gray crosses low and Tammy hits in after 27 minutes!  Should score again, Kasim hits the frekick in but Tammy misses the header and Mignolet collects.  It's 1 - 1.  Not enough closing down.  Ward crosses and Slimani hits in.  Half time, we should be winning this.
Second half 20 minutes to go.  Vardy, Thodesen and Gribbin replace Townsend, Gray and Tammy.  Full time.
Post-match We dominated them, how on earth did we draw!?  That's points thrown away.  Think that's Champions League thrown out of the window.

Away - Swansea City
Pre-match Tammy and Vardy start this time, see how that goes.  Hinds starts over Townsend.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 8th minute.  Good passing and nice cross from Gylfason, Zuculini hits in at the back post.  So close!  Vardy hits a lovely ball to Tammy and he does really well, his shot hits the bar though.  It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham.  Tammy crosses low and Hinds manages to squeeze after Odubajos bad first touch but hits the post.  He hits in the rebound after 12 minutes.  Gylfason does great, blocks a shot that would of otherwise been a goal.  It's 2 - 1 and it's poor defending, no one charged down the ball for either long ball up.  Campbell is played in and blasts in.  It's 3 - 1 though in the 34th!  Tammy plays in Vardy who smashes in.  I think we've just lost Vardy for the rest of the season.  Seems Vardy and Bakker collide and both injured.  Gray replaces.  Half time.
Second half Tammy should score but the keeper saves.  You can't miss those chances man.  It's 3 - 2, the counter all happened from Tammy losing the ball, he's coming off.  Cross in, and Toomstra hits a lovely volley.  Di Masi and Thodesen replace Tammy and Bergstrom.  Audero makes a huge save.  I can see us conceding here.  Some of our passing is horrendous.  It's full time, phew.
Post-match Vardy being injured was a huge blow.  Rest of the strikers were pretty poor then.

Yep, we lost Vardy for the rest of the season.  2 months with a dislocated shoulder.  Step up Will Grigg.

Away - West Ham United
Pre-match Grigg and Tammy start but Grigg is on the bench.  If they mess up, he's coming on.  Always a tough game but we gotta keep pushing, Chelsea are in form and we're 4 points behind them in 5th.
First half Tammy misses again.  Lovely counter, lovely ball and lovely control from Tammy.  His first shot is saved but he should be burying his second.  Rabiot should score, he's free from the corner but Audero.  It's half time, enter Will Grigg.
Second half No!  Will Grigg misses a huge sitter!  I'm talking huge.  West Ham somehow go 1 - 0 up.  Freekick in, Samper chests down, Samuelsen hits it and it deflects in.  It's 1 - 1 a minute after though!  Lovely passing and Zuculini plays in Gray who slots in.  Let's get a winner!  30 minutes to go.  Gray misses a huge chance now!  Grigg plays him in.  It's 2 - 1 to Rotherham!  Zuculini hits it in from the edge of the area.  Straight away it's 2 - 2.  Marques heads in Feghoulis cross.  James replaces Gylfason, he's having a bad game.  Audero makes a huge save and the sub finally goes through.  So close!  Grigg lets one fly and it's the post!  20 minutes to go!  Can anyone win?  Gribbin replaces Hinds for the last 10 mintues.  Penalty!  Samuelsen handballs!  Gray steps up and.. please score.  DOes he?  HE DOES!  3 - 2 in the 90th minute!  He blasted it in!  Full time!
Post-match What a game!  Deserved the win, we had enough bloody chances.

Table at the end of April.  Chelsea need to lose form and I have Manchester United to face yet.

71bd30cb56b267440eb16e1a3c67457c.png

May

The biggest month for me.  I reckon we can beat Southampton and Everton.  Tottenham will be tought but Manchester United are our bogey team.

Home - Southampton
Pre-match Grigg starts, let's keep the form going.  Dammit, Gray just got injured for a week.  I'm going to start Tammy with Grigg.
First half Davidson should score but he hits over!  What a save!  Grigg hits on the volley and Forster tips over.  Betrand hits the bar with a freekick!  That was really close.  Half time, both teams had chances.
Second half Hinds is in, and he misses a good chance.   20 minutes to go.  Thodesen replaces Tammy and Gribbin replaces Hinds.  Going very fluid and WBs for the last 10 minutes.  Full time.
Post-match Hinds should of won us that game, looks like Europa next season.

Away - Manchester United
Pre-match Imbula is back, he goes to B2B and King goes CM-A with Hinds going to the bench.  Grigg and Gray start.   I hate playing Manchester United, they're too good.  Switching to counter, see if it helps.  
First half LOVELY move from Rotherham and Kings shot is wide, that should be a goal!  Zuculini gets his head to Kasims freekick but Dave saves. It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham!  Lovely counter attacking and an amazing hit by Gray after 17 minutes.  It's 1 - 1, what luck.  Lozano shoots and Bielik is sliding to block, it hits off his leg and goes in after 35 minutes.  We've played well so far.  Keep it going.  It's 2 - 1 to Rotherham! Lovely passing and Andy King hits in a nice shot!  Half time, this is awesome.
Second half Audero makes a huge save after United counter.  Grigg has a few options to pass but loses the ball!  Damn it's 2 - 2!  From the corner Mata hits in! Tammy and Di Masi replace Grigg and Bielik.  Andy King is injured :(.  Gribbin replaces. TAMMY SCORES!  Good passing from Rotherham, Gribbin plays Tammy in and he still has alot to do, he slots into the corner! No!  Gribbin had chances to play a through ball, when he does it's poor.  United counter and Firmino hits in after 91 minutes to equalise!  Keeper could of probably done better!  Full time!
Post-match We beat De Gea 3 times!  But damn, we should of won.  We were the better side.  18 shots vs 10.  9 on target vs 4.  64% possession.  2 games to go, if we win 1, Europa is ours.

We lose Andy King for 2 - 3 months.

Home - Everton
Pre-match Hinds is in for the injured King.
First half 2 minutes in and Bergstroms cores!  Good passing after a corner, Hinds lays him off and he hits into the bottom corner through a crowd of players.  Half time.
Second half Fabiano is injured, Di Masi replaces and Bergstorm goes RB.  20 minutes to go.  Thodesen and Grigg replace Tammy and Gray.  2 - 0 to Rotherham, fluke goal.  Freekick goes in, headed out, Kasim hits back in, evades everyone, loops over the keeper and in after 71 minutes.  Full time!
Post-match Good win.  To get into the Champs League, we'd have to win by a few goals and Chelsea lose by a few goals. Not gonna happen, they're against WBA who are bottom with 13 points.

Away - Tottenham Hotspur
Pre-match Difficult game, we'll give them a go.
First half Tammy misses a great chance through.  Hinds just did the same.  Come on, how many chances do we need?  We could be in the Champs League!  Half time, should be winning.
Second half It's 1 - 0 to Spurs.  Colin hits a poor pass up, they counter.  Cornet crosses and Belotti hits in after 53 minutes.  25 minutes to go.  Grigg, Thodesen and Gribin replace Zuculini, Gray and Tammy.  We switch to counter.  It's 1 - 1!  Alderwiereld makes a mistake at the back, Grigg crosses and Thodesen hits in after 75 minutes.  Can any team win!?  Eriksen hits a lovely ball, Lamela has it, shoots and Audero pulls out a wonderful save!  We block the ball on the line twice!  Gribbin has two shots, both blocked otherwise could of flown in!  Full time!
Post-match Happy with the draw.  We haven't lost for a while.

When I say Manchester United are good.

b9e51e0332f246fe5ef578e3f31af287.png

They still have the Champs League final vs Chelsea

This was unexpected!  

Season review:

795b6fe166eeecc210dbe42ab21b0236.png

Now this one is strange.  How did James beat Vardy?

64b19951e26b8955cdf81d22e7fb4568.png

f8c7d8f66b1a3f3540a52eb8116dbca3.png

76e35554cba845533160eca626eb6866.png

618c8fb984c956d0e1d03c9949ec527a.png

West Brom have the likes of Rondon, Welbeck, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Sirigu, how on earth did they only get 1 win?

What a great season.  Going from struggling to stay up to pushing for Champions League.  The tactic is great, I need to tweak to stop some teams hammering our wings but I should be switching to counter when away.  I really do like the tactic and I'll be building to get a stronger squad for next season.  There are some players I'd sell that teams already want.  The fans might be unhappy with some since my plan is to sell James and bring in a more experienced, stronger LB who can head a ball.  E.G Fabiano but a LB.  The fullback positions are something I need to look at, same with uptop.  Vardy is declining because of that horrible injury but I reckon I'll offer him another year.

A huge budget again without any sales, this will be interesting!

afe91291ab53301dd4486745e48f3f6d.png

More signings:

New DM/CM - retraining as a B2B MC.  I like the look of him.  He can tackle. Cost £7.5mil.

15e783757d2a91982b0501c4d4c96944.png

The new striker - retraining him as DLF and playing him there.  Room to improve and some lovely stats already!  Cost £10.25mil.

f42dbf6a853c2e1bd32a091404e709ee.png

One for the future - will be also retraining as a B2B.  Spent £3.9mil on his release clause.

1211c8be740fd6a5310c04a5520eb882.png

Another for the future - a homegrown goalkeeper will always be useful. Cost 500k.

f86bd1c3937c425cb8cc8c03d38f648b.png

My rep isn't amazing so I'm struggling to sign players.  I have to look for younger players that want to move to the prem and play football. 

So far I haven't sold a player though Imbula is kicking off about a move.  At this rate no one will be leaving as there isn't alot of interest.  People are "sorta interested" but no bids.

17 minutes ago, higgins said:

Some brilliant results here, congrats for reaching Europe so early with Rotherham.

Just a question: any news about Brexit in your save?

I'm playing in England as well and would like to know what to expect.

I don't recall anything about Brexit you know.  Kitguru did an article on it and I don't think the public voted out on my save.

Curious whether to sign this lad.  He'll cost me £10million.  He has some potential I reckon.  He'll come on his 18th birthday though(August 22nd), would that effect the 3 year HG?  I'm not sure.

7b1c76663ece8d60851045e6cd784442.png

395ee23ee54f88099ac8eedf33b88ab2.jpg

I know he lacks teamwork, but I'm sure we can work on that.  Vardy would tutor.

17 minutes ago, SpillBlood said:

He'll come on his 18th birthday though(August 22nd), would that effect the 3 year HG?  I'm not sure.

It wouldn't. I've had fellows in my save join in January, once they've been 18 for a few months, and still hit homegrown after the 3rd season.

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

It wouldn't. I've had fellows in my save join in January, once they've been 18 for a few months, and still hit homegrown after the 3rd season.

I'll take a chance with him then.  I've loaned out Grigg, Thodesen and Tammy is listed for loan for when he is back from injury.  My 5th striker will be a young Scot I've signed that Gray will tutor.  Apart from Sheaf leaving for £1mil I'm pretty sure my transfer business is already done!

The Nikolas Mariano Season

Well, it should be Andy King Season #2 but his second pre-season game it only took 45 minutes to score 5.

661150b6efcfca0cbec12c8550c0b22f

Guy seems absolute quality.

Pre-season went well we just couldn't get the goals against RBL.  

4d96383b5b5f86498e4c669ed75c1e00.png

Will be spending alot of this season letting this lad play, I want him to turn out great.  His physical starts are great, just need to get his mental and techincal stats slightly better.

6ebacdab3f18a59637cb91304f63e3c8.png

Now to start the season!

August

4454d5c8719a346025d86d6643cb3602.png

Home - Newcastle United
Pre-match Let's have a good start!  Going to try Mariano and Gray uptop together, see how it works.  They played well in the first two pre-season gams.
First half Just before half time Gray is injured and Vardy replaces.  We've been the better side but not got the goal.
Second half Zuculini and Hendrick replace Imbula and Kasim with 20 minutes to go.  I switch to counter > fluid. It's 1 - 0 in the 85th minute to Rotherham!  We hit in the corner, it's cleared back to us.  Hendrick crosses and Vardy heads in.  It's 2 - 0 in the 86th minute!  Great quick passing, Vady to Hendrick who plays in Mariano who smashes in! It'3 - 0 in the 88th minute! Zuculini plays in Mariano and he hits in!  Great team goal, great passing.  Last 10 minutes were awesome, full time!
Post-match Wow, what a win in the end.  It took awhile but nice!

Bloody heck!  That's my plans up in air.  Gray is out for 3 - 5 months.  Looks like Tammy is staying.

One player I'm after.  We failed a WP with him and he's just been snapped up by Rio Ave for 250k.  Noticed him when he was on loan at Porto.  Shame we couldn't teach him the ways of Rotherham B2B.

339f20486543dbe97d279a1bdb3b8f5e.png

Wow!

16b428b936b5fe9ff8a1aba9d54ec976.png

£116million on a 27 year olf striker.  The Manchester United team is absolutely insane.  

Away - Everton
Pre-match Starting with counter > fluid as we're away.  Robertson my young Scottish striker has to start on the bench as we wait for Borghesi to join.  They've just sold Lukaku for a mere 13mil.  Barkley has gone but they have some good players.
First half 20 minutes in and it's 1 - 0 to Rotherham.  Andy King hits in a freekick from just outside the box.  That was lovely, Mariano hits in to make it 2 - 0 in the 37th minute but that backheel from Vardy, oof.  Half time, we've been really good.
Second half Vardy is injured!  That's 3 strikers!  Robertson comes on to make his debut then. Should of been a goal, lovely bit of football and Robertson played in, he somehow hits the side netting.  It's 2 - 1, game on.  Quick counter and Milik hits in Rauls cross. Was going mad that Everton got such a fluke goal but turns out it was offside, was gonna bloody say!  It's full time.
Post-mach Good win, they had some chances at the end though.  I hope Vardy isn't badly injured.

We've now lost Vardy for 2 - 3 months.  You have to be kidding me.  I don't want to bring Thodesen or Grigg back.  I'll look at loaning a striker in 'til January.  Maybe, we'll have 4 strikers with Robertson, it might be okay.  Heck even Hinds can fill in for a few games.

Home - West Ham United
Pre-match Go back to attacking and structured.  Try and take the game to them.  They have some cracking players.
First half I can't believe we're 1 - 0 down.  Hendrick has about 10 chances to feed one of our strikers through.  Instead at the other end Calleri shoots from outside the area and they're 1 - 0 up after 2 minutes.  It's 1 - 1.  Great movement there.  King plays in Robertson and he doesn't shoot, he sees Mariano incoming to his left, slides him in and Mariano scores after 13 minutes.  Bruma, greedy!  He steals from Bergstorm but for some reason tries to do it all himself.  Sommer makes a great save but Mariano should of made it his brace.  It's 2 - 1 to Rotherham now though!  Fabiano hits the ball up, Robertson first time lays off Mariano and he hits in.  Is this a combo I need to play?  Robertson and Mariano?  They're doing well together.  Sommer makes a massive save to deny Marianos hat-trick.  Throughball by Robertson!  Half time.  Strikers doing wonderful.
Second half 25 minutes left.  Imbula, James and Bielik replace Hendrick, Gylfason and Jezdik.  It's brilliant by Bruma and what a save from Audero to shot that shot going in.  It's 2 - 2 in the 77th minute!  Not happy with Imbula in the play there but a bit of luck.  Bergstorm tackles and Calleri manages to keep the ball, crosses and Juanpi hits in.  Audero makes a good save to deny Juanpi, really not happy with Imbula since he came on.  Going to counter for the last 5 minutes.  It's full time.
Post-match That was an even game and can't complain at the draw.  I wish someone would make me a good offer for Imbula though.

Should be a good game.

74ed5796235a71cbb2e480b812e43f8d.png

This will be a hard group though.

b13bc8218dcc160311a53ff8febca781.png

Away - Chelsea
Pre-match Tammy is back but not match fit. Borghesi is here and goes to the bench as Robertson keeps his spot.  We go counter here.
First half Quiet first half, the way I like it.  If we can sneak a goal in the second half that'd be even better.  
Second half Borghesi replaces Robertson, Gribbin for King and Kasim for Hendrick.  20 minutes to go.  Gribbin goes close!  He tries to chip Courtois and it's just wide.  Full time.
Post-match Taking a draw at Stamford Bridge, really happy.  Bit concered about 0 shots on target.

Transfer window shut:

We loaned out Tosin to Wolves, he'll get premier league football and without him we still have 4 CBs and CBJ who can play there.

0dd8f06c5e1bcec90543399b8ea47280.png

Table so far:

2556b453044f46a48a8cca87ff2096c4.png

End of month award:

So worth it.

1f1e84718313406f5df36332cfc13752.png

September

e2fee76abe1d363ff5d1a980a6271c48.png

Home - Watford
Pre-match They're 19th, they've sold their best player that I would of happily had in my side but they are one of my bogey teams so it'll be tough.  They have Welbeck and El Ghazi as their wide players, not bad at all.
First half It takes 2 minutes for Watford to score.  Targett with a low cross, Deeney runs in and hits in.  Fabianos poor ball cost us there.  It's 1 - 1 in the 6th minute.  Mariano hits in Borghesis through ball.  Fabiano is hitting some bad passes though.  Where's the defending? It's 2 - 1 to Watford.  Cross in, Delaney charges into the box and gets his head on it.  Imbula isn't tracking his man at all.  That's a good save.  Borghesis through ball is a peach, but Lopez denys Mariano.  Half time, I have a right go at them.  Defense has been terrible.  
Second half 30 minutes to go.  Bielik, Gribin and Kasim replace Jose, Imbula and Fabiano.  We're bombarding the Watford goal with shots, they're managing to block/save every single one! I go on Overload, mixed passes, look for overlap and let my fullbacks attack as wingbacks.  It's 2 - 2.  Hendrick heads in Gribbins corner after 74 minutes.  I want the win though.  It's 3 - 2 to Rotherham.  King hits in Gylfasons cross!  79th minute.  Not stopping there either.  It's 4 - 2 to Rotherham.  Kasim hits in a lovely freekick from the edge of the area in the 88th minute.  Full time.
Post-match Now that's better!  We weren't at the races for awhile but we come out on top.

Away - Europa League Group E - Vit. Guimaraes
Pre-match Going to rotate, counter and fluid.  We'll see Tammy start with Mariano.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham.  Hinds plays in a good backheel pass and Tammy hits in.  It's 1 - 1.  Manadrault runs and no one can get a foot in, plays in Rodrigao who hits in after 35 minutes.  It's 2 - 1.  Mariano crosses low and Tammy hits in for his brace.  Half time.
Second half It's 2 games in a row where we see a Kasim freekick! 3 - 1 in the 56th minute.  Borghesi replaces Mariano with 27 minutes to go.  Great football and Tammy plays in Hinds who makes it 4 - 1 in the 65th minute.  It's 4 - 2 in the 68th minute.  Cross comes in and it bounces off Kasim and in for an own goal.  Jezdik replaces Di Masi and Rodrigo Jose replaces Hendrick for the last 20 minutes.  It's 4 - 3 in the 81st minute!  They counter and Mandrault hits in Costas cross.  Zuculini and Kasim switch roles.  I feel Zuculinis PPM is costing us here.  Full time!
Post-match Cracking game.  Concered they scored 2 of there 3 shots on target!  Can't help the fluke own goal though.  Stats wise we battered them but at the end of the day it's only a +1 GD.

Tammy played really well and made me think will he start in the prem but he's out for 4 - 5 weeks!

We playe Leicester twice here.  Shame Vardy is injured, would of love to see him score against them.

Away - Leicester City
Pre-match Let's keep the form going.
First half What a move.  Lovely passing from Rotherham.  Move ends up Borghesi plays in Mariano and he slots in low after 26 minutes.  Musa does really well after Bergstrom is caught out.  Audero makes a good save to deny.  Half time.
Second half It's 1 - 1 after 47 minutes.  Regen Joe Nash slots it in after Bero plays him through.  We were chasing then, some good fast passing from Leciester.  Jezdik makes another mistake, luckily Carrilo hits wide.  Going to make some changes.  Overload, very fluid.  Wingbacks supporting, look for overlap.  Hinds and Bielik replace Kasim and Jezdik.  25 minutes to change this.  It's 2 - 1!  Hinds steals the ball, passes to Mariano who passes in to Borghesi who hits it in from just outside the area to make it 2 - 1 after 67 minutes. What a save.  Roef gets down to deny Mariano.  It's 3 - 1 to Rotherham!  Hinds plays in Borghesi who slots low after 80 minutes!  It's 4 - 1 after 88 minutes.  Lovely passing, Hendrick plays in Mariano but who was the center of all that play?  Hinds again.  Been superb since coming on.  Should of been 4 - 2 but Audero gets up to save from the freekick.  Full time!
Post-match MUCH better last 30 minutes.  I'd say awesome!  Hinds only a 7.0?  Come on!  Borghesi MotM, hopefully the fans will stop saying I overpaid now.  He's going to be a gem, BO-LIEVE.

Home - ELF Cup 3rd Round - Leicester City
Pre-match Going to try this differently.  Wingbacks, look for overlap, attacking, very fluid.  Alot of rotation so we have the passer Gribbin and the playmaker Hinds on the pitch.
First half Leciester should score, played in after a freekick and they hit wide.  Again, same place played in, they hit wide.  Right, switching back to my normal tactic, this isn't working ^_.  And it's 1 - 0 Rotherham.  Great team goal and it's Hinds again, plays a sweet ball across for Imbula to flying kick into the net after 44 minutes.  Half time.
Second half 20 minutes to go.  Robertson, Borthwick-Jackson and Di Masi replace Borghesi, Bergstorm and Gribbin. What.. CBJ makes a huge mistake and Joey Nash hits in to equalise.  He's been on 7 minutes, he's been booked and gifted them a goal.  Overload again it is!  It's in!?  I don't even know how!  Mariano has two markers on him, he does both and crosses, Robertson gets his head on it, beating his marker and somehow Schmeichel doesn't save it.  It's like, slow motion and you're just watching the keeper miss it and it going in.  That's the 88th minute.  Can we hold on for 6 minutes?  We can score again!  It's 3 - 1.  Mariano crosses low, Schmeichel messes it up and Robertson knocks it in.  Full time.
Post-match Mariano and Robertson were superb to win us that game in the 90 minutes.  Robertsons first goal, the header, goes down as a "freak goal" in the post-match report xD.

We should win this one!

484bc3a9560a9e3163a2ab248c6aa5fa.png

Home - Stoke City
Pre-match Let's keep the run going.
First half Lovely football from Rotherham but Borghesis shot is pretty awful.  It's 1 - 0.  Lovely passing again, Colin crosses and King heads in.  Borghesi makes it 2 - 0 with a lovely ball form Mariano after 9 minutes.  He's offside for sure.  Yeah he's offside, we're lucky.  It's 3 - 0 to Rotherham.  Awesome stuff from the Millers and Borghesi hits a powerful shot after King lays him off.  Half time, we've been awesome.
Second half It's 3 - 1.  We defended quite poorly, Shaqiri crosses and we have two to mark with one defender, wasn't gonna work.  What the heck.  It's 3 - 2.  Gylfason tries to pass back to Audero and it hits Bielik, sets up Ibe, he crosses and Shaqiri hits in.  20 minutes left.  Robertson, Hinds and Rodrigo Jose replace Kasim, Mariano and Hendrick.  Let's win this!  Bielek makes a huge mistake and we get lucky!  What's going on!? I can't help but feel that the game wants me to lose here, we can't even pass to each other.  Silly mistakes.  Schaub hits a long shot that Audero should save and it goes through him and they equalise.  Overload it is... Stoke hit the bar from a freekick!  What just happened?  Full time.  That was a joke.
Post-match What just happened.  Like we turn into kids for the second half.  Awful!

BUT.

d2f5ef5a33cbae948625e1dca8bf6832.png

Home - Europa League Group E - Club Brugge
Pre-match Going to be a tough game.  Can I break the record?!
First half Oh it's in!  Good hit from Hinds!  Mariano plays to Borghesi and his pass it blocked but it literally falls to Hinds to hit after 8 minutes.  Borghesi just missed a sitter! We have a record to break!  It's in!  Mariano scores!  Colin crosses in, Mariano hits in, it hits the bar, back off the diving keeper and in the net after 25 minutes.  Lucky goal!  Good save!  Brugge cross, Dongou gets his head to it and Audero saves onto the post!  Half time.
Second half WHAT A HIT!  Andy King hits a screamer from 25 yards.  Hinds hits the ball to him and he's totally open to let one fly after 52 minutes.  Fabiano and Zuculini replace King and Bergstrom with 20 minutes left.  What, that's another amazing goal!  Borghesi hits a lovely hit from 20 yards out.  Great passing and Hinds lays off for another assist after 77 minutes.  Borghesi should make it 5 but Tuenckens does make a good save.  Full time.  BRILLIANT.
Post-match All I can say is wow!  If we play like that for even half the season we'll hit europe for sure.  That was wonderful.  Hinds was awesome.  Who cares about star ratings when you watch players play like that!?

Hinds contract expires at the end of the season.  He's playing quality and he's shown me why I should start him the league.  He's going to get a new contract for sure.

Really happy we got this.  'Cus now we have City, Arsenal and Villareal :D.

fb19965323432ba9bf35367d7cb4733c.png

I "overpaid" for him but he's won two end of the month awards

84a294273e71da558c98015d17c6729d.png

020a90575c194f83030c40416b1f7ed7.png

October

33f79c820793f541ab12c042efb2eb89.png

Away - Manchster City
Pre-match Can we keep the form going?  No team changes from the Brugge game, that'd be silly.
First half Nearly started badly!  3rd minute, corner comes in and Isco flicks onto the bar.  Aguero does amazing and Brandt is in, he somehow hits wide.. how I'll never know.  Half time!
Second half It's 1 - 0 to Manchester City.  James' poor header sets up City.  Aguero to Veratti and he hits in after 52 minutes.  30 minutes to go and we can't get a foot hold in.  Henrick and Kasim replace Imbula and Hinds, we go Overload, Wingbacks, Very Fluid.  Aguero misses a sitter after Borghesis poor pass!  What's going on, we attack so well and Kasims pass is so poor!  Audero keeps it 1 - 0.  It's full time.
Post-match Streak is over.  That was really poor.  We couldn't even pass.

Home - Arsenal
Pre-match Just have a good game really.  They've played 8, won 7, lost 1.  Jones is injured, he usually gifts us a goal or it feels like it ^_^.
First half Matthew Ryan makes a huge save to deny Mariano!  Griezmann should score, it's strange how often teams counter from Kasim putting in a freekick, they head out and we can't collect.  It's really odd.  Half time!
Second half We're by far the better team, we just need to score. Robertson, Gribbin and Imbula replace Borghesi, Kasim and King.  20 minutes to go.  Full time.
Post-match Arsenal didn't even have a shot on target and we didn't make them pay, not happy.

Home - Europa League Group E - Villarreal
Pre-match Can we make it 3/3 in Europe?  Will be tough for sure.
First half 2 minutes in and it's 1 - 0 to Rotherham.  Cracking football, Borghesi hits a lovely ball through to Imbula who smashes in.  It's 2 - 0 in the 12th minute.  Hinds plays a ball up to Mariano in space, he crosses and Borghesi heads, post and in.  It's 3 - 0 in the 14th minute.  Quality football, passing and Mariano plays through Hinds who pokes in.  What a goal.  It's 3 - 1 in the 24th minute.  Caro hits a corner outwards, 25 yards out Nahuel smashes a low shot and Audero can't get to it.  It's 4 - 1 after 26 minutes though.  Corner from Borghesi, Hinds heads down and Imbula hits in.  It's 5 - 1 in the 42nd minute.  King hits in a freekick from the edge of the box.  Half time, quality.
Second half It's 5 - 2 in the 51st minute.  Bentancur crosses after he dummies Glyfason and Patino volleys it in.  20 minutes left.  Di Masi replaces Bergstrom and Tammy is back, he comes on for Mariano.  Going to go counter > fluid aswell.  It's 5 - 3 in the 85th minute!.  Benancaur crosses low, it goes through 3 people.  Nahuel hits in, it's saved but hits in rebound.  It's full time!
Post-match Goals galore and 3 out of 3!

Away - Sunderland
Pre-match Let's get a win the league.  Jedzik and Colin replace Fabiano and Bielik.
First half What a save but he should score.  Mariano played in Borghesi.  There's the goal.  Borghesi plays in Mariano at the end of a good passing move and makes it's 1- 0 after 40 minutes.  It's 2 - 0 in the 43rd.  Good passing move and Mariano plays in Borghesi to slot low.  Half time. Zuculini replaces Rodrigo Jose as he's booked.
Second half It's 3 - 0 to Rotherham.  Borghesi hits a freekick over, Hinds heads it and it deflects in.  Replay shows that Khazri pretty much heads it in! Gribbin and Hendrick replace Imbula and Hinds for the last 30 mintutes.  Sunderland hit the bar with 25 yard long shot!  Rebound falls to Stark but he's offside.  That's lovely football!  It's 4 - 0 in the 71s minute.  Colin hits a ball up, Borghesi collects, dribbles passes to Mariano who smashes it in from outside the box.  Full time.
Post-match We were amazing.  Colin and Gylfason are making the fullback positions theirs.

Home - ELF Cup 4th Round - Reading
Pre-match 11 man rotation.  We have Liverpool on Saturday.  Vardy and Tammy start uptop!
First half 3 minutes in and 1 - 0 to Reading.  Bamford crosses and no one is there, Baker crosses and Traore heads in.  That was pretty awful defending from Rotherham.  It's 1 - 1 in the 19th minute. Gribbin does superb, dribbles into the box and crossws low for Tammy to hit in.  Garratt makes a good save, questionable defending again from Rotherham.  It's half time, we've not been good enough.
Second half It's 2 - 1 to Rotherham in the 60th minute.  Really good passing, Tammy plays in Gribbin who slots low.  20 minutes to go.  CBJ and Robertson replace James and Vardy.  It's full time.
Post-match We weren't great, wasn't smooth sailing at all.  Gribbin and Tammy made the difference. Tammy has spat his dummy out being told the team need to pick it up against better opponents.  It's not wrong, we weren't very good.

One I fancy us winning.

6f73bc70e0b05bfc12ca15e81a810d41.png

Home - Liverpool
Pre-matchp If we win it'll be huge, we'll leapfrog them in the table.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in 46 seconds.  Sheer class.  Ends with a low cross from Mariano and Borghesi hitting in.  King has to go off injured, Hendrick replaces after 8 minutes.  What a hit!  It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham!  Lovely passing between Mariano and Hendrick.  They play back to Jose who plays to Colin, he passes back to Borghesi who hits it into the top corner.  What a save from Sportiello to deny Borghesi his hat-trick.  From that corner, Jezdik hits the bar!  Hinds is in but he hits it over!  Should be 3!  It's 2 - 1 just before the half.  Corner comes in, Grujic shoots and first shot is blocked, rebound is smashed in by Grujic.  Half time, we've been class, shame about the goal.
Second half What a save Sportiello.  Imbula hits from 25 yards out and he tips onto bar.  Hinds in in this time and scores after 61 minutes it's 3 - 1.  Zuculini replaces Rodrigo Jose with 15 minutes to go.  Audero makes a huge save and we clear!  Cross was put in and Mane was at a tight angle but only about 7 yards out.  Full time!
Post-match What a result!

My 19 year old Icelandic left back wants a new contract.  I can't say no, he's making the LB position his own.  10 games, average rating is 7.53.

End of month award:

ALL MILLERS!

2428d8a50305b9e7543c9997e84cc46f.png

Table at the end of october:

b1fa4d6ce12fd10850415a52ab760724.png

691b56dfc8ca4e32d641e2e4e0d470a2.png

Borghesi has 7 goals and Mariano also has 5 assists.  Basically, we want to outscore more than the opposition with those two upfront ^_^.

Updates will be slow.  I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XV, Hearthstone with the new xpac and Overwatch with Season 3!

November

b9eeeb0cc05dacef622e50707f88ac33.png

Away - Europa League Group E - Villarreal
Pre-match They don't have a manager!  Shouldn't be that bad of a game for us then.
First half We're playing well, we just can't get the goal.  It's half time.
Second half 48th minute we lose Hendrick.  kasim replaces.  That's a blow.  50th minute it's 1 - 0 to Rotherham!  Borghesi crosses, keeper comes out, misses the ball and Mariano heads into an open net.  That has to be red!  it is, Nahuel Leiva lunges with a two-footed tackle into Kasim after 77 minutes!  Zuculini and Tammy replace Borghesi and Hinds for the last 10 minutes.  Really good football!  Mariano crosses and Imbula heads onto the post!  Full time.
Post-match No shots on target, we were really good.  We qualify!

Hendrick is out for 2 - 3 months :(.

98a7d83c56564f4819bc61d6662ddaa4.png

Two games to go aswell.  4 games, 4 wins, that's ace.

Away - AFC Bournemouth
Pre-match They're 12th.  Hopefully we can pull out a win and not a draw, or a loss!  Seems there home form isn't the best.  They also have a Mariano upfront!
First half Lovely move and Areola makes a huge save to keep it 0 - 0 in the 2nd minute!  Should of probably been a goal!  It's 1 - 0 to Bournemouth in the 7th minute!  That's poor defending.  McKay passes in to Lazaar who's just stud still, says thanks and hits in.  Cross comes up and Mariano hits the post for Bournemouth! Lanzini is in and misses a sitter!  Good save from Audero.  It's half time and we gotta play better then that!  Go attacking.
Second half It's 1 - 1!  Hinds passes to Imbula who's in space and he hits it in from just outside the area after 68 minute. 20 minutes to go.  Tammy, Gribbin and Zuculini replace Kasim, Jose and Borghesi.  WHAT A MISS!  Gribbin wins the ball and we counter, Mariano is through for his, he either shoots or lays it to Tammy to hit in.  He hits the bar!  That should of been 2 - 1!  It's full time!
Post-match The usually profilic Mariano misses a huge chance for us to win the game, damn!

Debut and goal at 17!

1d26f34cb3b2ea50ad05d08e1c9f4661.png

9e0d4282f68134918542da540a64b770.png

Home - Aston Villa
Pre-match Vardy goes to the bench instead of Tammy. Gribbin and Calavia replace Hinds and Kasim in the starting 11 with the latter going to the bench. We gotta turn these draws into wins!
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham.  We hit in a corner but make nothing of it, we keep possession, pass around and Imbula passes to Borghesi who hits in after 37 minutes.  Half time.
Second half 30 minutes to go.  Hinds and Vardy replace Mariano and Gribbin.  It's full time.
Post-match Tight game, just edged it.  Happy with the 3 points.

Home - Europa League Group E - Vit. Guimaraes
Pre-match We've qualified so I'm going to rotate as we have Southampton on Sunday.  WELCOME BACK ANDY KING!
First half Been very poor and it's half time.
Second half It's 1 - 0 to Vit in the 47th minute.  Through ball from Wagner and Mandrault his in.  Midfielders should be closing down there, enough round him!  It's 1 - 1!  Bit of luck, defender clears, it smashes Tammy and bounces down to him, he runs on and smashes it in the top corner after 52 minutes.  30 minutes to go and Mariano replaces Vardy.  It's 2 - 1 in the 62nd minute to Rotherham!  James swings in the corner, Mariano heads to the front past and Di Masi volleys in for his first Miller goal!  It's 3 - 1 to Rotherham!  Di Masi hoofs a quick ball up and Tammy is onside, first shot is saved and Mariano hits in the rebound.  How greedy!  Raphinha takes on Fabiano and two in the middle, he decides to shoot instead and it'd of been 3 - 2!  Full time!
Post-match Welcome back Andy King!  Good win.

Away - Southampton
Pre-match Be a tought game as they're only just below us in 9th.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham!  Good passing, Borghesi to Mariano who smashes in the top corner after 18 minutes.  Half time.  We've by far the better side.
Second half That's lovely football and it's 2 - 0 in the 54th.  Hinds plays through to Borghesi who slots in.  So many passes in that build up, very pleasing to watch.  What a hit!  It's 3 - 0 in the 66th minute!  Bergstrom sees Borghesi open and hits a long ball to him.  He collects, one twos with Mariano and then smashes one with the bottom corner. 15 minutes left.  Bielik, Gribbin and Zuculini replace Bergstrom, Imbula and Jose.  Should 4 but it is 4 in the 74th minute!  Lovely football again, Mariano plays in Gribbin but he shot is saved, it isn't cleared and Mariano hits in for his brace.  Dammit it's 4 - 1 in the 89th minute was hoping for a clean sheet.  Good passing and Markovic crosses, Sinkgraven hits in at the back post.  Full time!
Post-match We were awesome.  Such a shame about that late goal.

End of month award:

It's 3 in a row for him.  We have all 4 currently with the first going to Mariano.

64eb371956b94c7fb0c233343d622c92.png

December

8c4b303d088d7960b5f875569c8c6de9.png

Away - ELF Cup Quarter Final - Burnley
Pre-match We have alot of games coming up with not alot of time to rest but I want to qualify here so first team plays.
First half He's at it again.  1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 5th minute.  Good passing, Borghesi to Mariano and he hits into the top corner with deadly accuracy.  Close!  Mariano crosses and Borghesi hits the post!  Half time!
Second half 25 minutes to go.  Bielik and Vardy replace Borghesi and Jezdik.  Gribbin replaces Hinds for the last 5 minutes. Full time.
Post-match By far the better team, just not many good chances.  To the semi-final we go!

Home - Crystal Palace
Pre-match Same team.  Really want to beat Palace.
First half No! Borghesi is injured after 8 minutes.  Vardy replaces.  1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 40th minute!  Good passing, Vardy plays in Mariano who hits in! By far the better side at half, time, let's keep it going.
Second half 60th minute Zuculini replaces the very tired Imbula. We counter and Zuculini is in but his shot is straight at the keeper!  Should be 2!  That's full time.
Post-match We battered them, I would of liked more goals.

Borghesi is out for 4 weeks, damn!

Should be a good game, they're 1st in the Championship.

baf5531a0a4a571a625acf422e8ef2cf.png

Away - Europa League Group E - Club Brugge
Pre-match Rotation! Some players really need a rest.
First half Boring first half.
Second half Hinds and Mariano replace Imbula and Tammy.  I want 6/6! 15 minutes, time to overload!  Strikers have struggled in this game.  Brugge should score!  Freekick comes in, they flick on and a player smashes the bar somehow!  That should be a goal! Full time.
Post-match Bore draw.

Seems I missed this!

403230ed08f6f35dbc8bd5e40dc035b0.png

This is going to be tough.

ffef5e82f4b784ae032c6d281e5ce3cb.png

Away - Norwich City
Pre-match Tammy is still being moody, Vardy is injured again and with Borghesi injured.  Andre Gray is back!  He goes uptop with Mariano.  We don't have a good record vs Norwich
First half Audero makes a huge save after Gylfasons poor clearence goes unpunished.  It's 1 - 0 to Norwich.  Caner hits an early cross and Borini heads in.  Norwich are by far the better side.  Switch to attacking to try get something of a foot hold here.  Wow!  Kasim just steps up and smashes a 35 yard freekick in just before the half!  What a goal! 1 - 1!
Second half Tammy replaces Gray with 30 minutes to go.  Can any side find a winner? Bielik and Gribbin replace Hinds and Jezdik with 15 minutes to go.  It's 2 - 1 to Rotherham!  Great counter!  Gribbin plays to Jose who plays in Tammy, shot saved but Imbula manages to pounce on the ball to knock in.  Full time!
Post-match Phew!  We were so much better in the second half!  Just glad we weren't punished in the first.  Kasims freekick was insane.

This was random!  He was at Tottenham for 2 years and never noticed.  He only lasted a season at City.

e6a73c8e16e40fad811987cddf3a5960.png

Away - Newcastle United
Pre-match Same team to start. Hopefully get a bit more out of the strikers.
First half Newcastle are coming at us too easily so I switch to attacking.  We pass to Gray, he's on the edge of the box and lets one fly.  Woodman makes a quality save to stop it going into the top corner!  That's half time.
Second half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham!  Great piassing and Hinds hits a lovley first time pass through to Gray who slots in after 50 minutes!  25 minutes to go.  King and Tammy replace Mariano and Imbula.  What a miss!  Tammy plays in King and he somehow hits wide.  It's the bar!  Gray crosses and Tammy hits the bar with a header!  Can we get a 2nd!?  We can!  It's all Rotherham!  Francos bad back pass goes punished as Hinds hits in atfer 72 minutes.  Penalty to Newcastle!  Lundqvist was pushed by Bergstrom when the corner was swung in.  It's 2 - 1 in the 76th minute.  Henriquez hits in! Game on.  Newcastle cross and Salvador heads it!  Audero makes a huge save!  Ball lands to Saivet but he smashes over, it's full time!
Post-match Phew again!  We nearly threw that away.  Atleast Hinds was in form.  Mariano seems clueless without Borghesi.

See!

afb041feb2b61f27d8107d543e219e83.png

Away - Wolverhampton Wanderers
Pre-match They're 20th and some players are getting a rest.  There lineup is so defensive.  I can't see attacking working to start with.  We'll stay counter.
First half How did he miss!? Great football and Gray is in, he shoots wide!  Freak goal!  1 - 0 Rotherham in the 15th minute!  Gribbin hits in the freekick and Bielik heads, it's the way the corner reacts which is very freaky!  It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham!  Jezdik scores from Gribbins corner!  He may become our youngest goalscorer!  It's 3 - 0 to Rotherham!  Mariano smashes it in low after Grays through ball.  Gribbin is the heart of all the play today.  Half time, we've been quality.
Second half 25 minutes to go.  Tammy replaces Gray.  It's 3 - 1 in the 78th minute!  Gribbin passes from the free kick to Calavia and his pass to Tammy is cut out by Lawrence, he just pelts it down.  Dicko is too fast for any of the covering players, he runs down, collects the ball and hits past Audero.  Full time!
Post-match Good win, Gribbin finished on a 9.  He was awesome.  72% possession!

b7dbac2ae4b5568500176ef5724e26e3.png

Away - Tottenham Hotspur
Pre-match Feels like we've not been at home for some time!  We've never beat Tottenham but they don't have a manager and they're 11th!  We have a chance for sure.  We'll attack and see where it takes us.  Can't see trying to counter vs Tottenham do us any favours.
First half Ball over and Kane hits first time but Audero saves!  Yes!  It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 30th minute.  We have it in the Tottenham box, passing about.  It's back to Gray who hits a ball to Mariano to hit in.  It's 1 - 1 in the 41st minute.  Gylfason tries to clear, Dele heads in, Belotti flicks on and Kane hits in.  Half time.  We can win this!
Second half Hinds and King replace Jose and Gribbin with 30 minutes to go.  Where's the defending!?!?! It's 2 - 1 to Tottenham.  Walker passes to Edwards and Jezdik doesn't close down, he hits across and Bergstrom is on the wrong side of Belotti.  He hits it, bounces off Bergstrom and in.  23 minutes to go!  Tammy replaces Gray. Overload for the last 10 minutes.  Full time.
Post-match Belotti > Bergstrom.  Not happy we lost that.  Stats wise, we were better but they had the CCCs, we didn't.

Home - Manchester United
Pre-match 2 days after the Tottenham game!  Borghesi isn't fully fit but HAS to start here.  Some rotation and it's going to be tough for sure.  United are rotating aswell atleast.  No Dybala.
First half Quiet first half.  
Second half Penalty!  Borghesi crosses and Hinds looks to get on the end of it but Mkhitaryan brings him down! Mariano steps up.. it's straight at De Gea!  Zuculini, Gray and Gribbin replace Hinds, Mariano and Imbula with 20 minutes to go.  How did he miss!?  Gribbin hits the freekick, Fabiano heads down to Borghesi who hits a powerful shot.. straight at De Gea!  We should be winning this! Overload for the last 15 minutes.  I've no idea how else to score when we're missing these chances.  Full time.
Post-match MotM was Big Save Dave.  That's 2 points dropped for sure.

Manchester United are being a pain in my backside.  They're hunting for Audero.  They have David De Gea and Jasper Cillessen!  Why do they want to steal my damn keeper!?  I'm not sure I could find a keeper as good as Audero to replace with either.

This is how he looks currently:

97eae15a65c15c2c1f5a5e5675be98dc.png

Home - Everton
Pre-match Let's finish the year with a win.  Milik will always be a threat though.
First half Close!  Henriksen hits a 30 yarder for Everton and it hits the bar! Hinds should score, he gets on th eend of Boghesis through ball but it's straight at the keeper.   We hit the bar!  Borghesi hits a curling shot and pings off the bar and Everton clear.  Half time.
Second half Audero makes a huge huge save to deny Milik but Colins throw in was woeful! Tammy and Gribbin replace Mariano and Hinds with 30 minutes to go.  It goes in!  It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham!  No one is shooting and I'm like, come on, shoot!  Rodrigo Jose hits it from the outside of the area and Rico spills into his own net after 62 minutes!  Gribbin misses a sitter!  The play from Imbula and Borghesi to get him in was quality, he can't miss those chances and get into the first team!  It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham in the 91st minute.  Colin steals the ball and we counter.  Good passing, Gribbin to Borghesi who hits in.  Full time!
Post-match We played alot better after the subs.  Good win.

End of month award:

We came 2nd and 3rd in young player :(.  Borghesi being injured didn't help but

I got the manager!

ae9358228ab7a0b3aaecf701768df152.png

Table at the end of December:

85de6847baf46e63ac4c6960313465f1.png

23c3b1705216c0dbef9614b068c1ffb5.png

It's close, I've played more games then most.  Aslong as we're in the top 4 I'll be happy.  We might keep Audero since I promised him Champions League football for him to stay.

Will there be ins and outs this January?  I'm going to say yes, but we'll need to make sales first.

January

7010959b1d27669db10acb007e736ba3.png

Giving myself some money to play with.  There's no way I'm selling Audero unless a bid of 25 - 30mil comes in.  He's quality, he's under contract and when we qualify for the Champs League he'll be happy!

https://i.gyazo.com/a3b511c958049325f097b83b96e5b1f7.png

I'd had my eye on a midfielder from Chelsea, Sergej Milinkovic Savic for awhile.  He's a beast, 20 strength!  But offer goes in and he wants 135k a week, clearly he's being told to run along.

Seems I need to look for regens to improve the squad and depth.  I always prefer a bargain and bringing players through then splashing cash and wages on people.  

Tammy has removed his transfer request.  I think sending him on loan is the best idea.  Not sure he'll ever make it here.  He won't get ahead of Mariano, Borghesi or Gray this season.  Not sure he'd get ahead of Vardy when Vardys fit either tbh.

Player out:

d6899d1886835b4cf44b2bd20dd7d494.png

Was never going to make it, he made some mistakes and dropped down the pecking order.

Home - FA Cup 3rd Round - West Bromwich Albion
Pre-match 11 players changed.  Hendrick is back!
First half 59 seconds in and could of been 1 - 0!  Gribbin hits a lovely shot and it pings off the bar.  It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 19th minute!  Gribbin hits the freekick in, Freeman heads out only to Calavia who passes across the area and Bielik hits in.  Oh what a hit.  It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham in the 26th minute.  Gribbin hits in a 20 yard freekick straight into the top corner.  Half time.
Second half Close!  Great passing, Calavia plays in Gribbin and he hits the post. It's 3 - 0 to Rotherham in the 52nd minute.  Great passing, Robertson squares to Gribbin who fires low in.  Some good passing and a bit of luck from a richochet and WBA are in a good spot, ball across goal and Djuricic misses a sitter!  30 minutes left and Tammy and King replace Hendrick and Gray.  It's 3 -1 in the 63rd munute.  Antoniades does superb down the left flank, crosses in and Hassan nods in.  It's a red card to WBA.  We're passing around and I'm thinking, shoot!  Next thing I know Kieran Freeman just throws himself into Gribbin, that's a bad challenge.  10 men in the 71st minute.  Dendoncker gets a yellow for arguing with the ref, nothing you can argue with there lad, that was a dreadful tackle.  It's 4 - 1 to Rotherham.  James crosses in, Robertson takes it down, shoots, post and in.  It's 5 - 1 in the 87th minute.  Lovely direct passing, Calavia out to James, he crosses and Robertson heads in.  Full time.
Post-match Fantastic.

Should win this one.

570b855f44dd20fb4a0d24226a1d6df1.png

Player in!

ee0c5f05b3e6b647205caa5d5a8557d8.png

Found this guy in the England U21s.  Cost me 1.5mil and will arrive in July.

Home - ELF Cup Semi Final First Leg - Sunderland
Pre-match Mostly first team.  Hendrick and Gribbin start in midfield.
First half Lovely football but Gribbin tries to lob Casilla and he doesn't pull it off.  It's 1 - 0 to Sunderland in the 24th minute.  They cross, and we head out, Giannkopolous heads down to Diogo Goncalves who hits in with precision.  It's half time, no idea how we're behind!
Second half 30 minutes to go.  Drop to counter, Calavia, Hinds and Gray replace Mariano, Hendrick and Gribbin.  We gotta do better.  Overload for 15 minutes.  SO CLOSE!  Corner swung in, Jezdik hits the bar and they manage to clear before Bergstrom can pounce.  It's 1 - 1 in the 80th minute!  Walker-Peters hit an awful back pass, Borghesi steals it, hits first time but Casilla only palms into his net.  It's 2 - 1 to Rotherham, quality counter in the 84th minute.  Kasim wins the ball, Gray and Hinds 1 - 2, Gray to Borghesi who gets his brace.  Full time!
Post-match Really good come back.

So I was right...

41750efcdc38b7b4638462406cecc655.png

Stats so far:

a8e97ba0cf957193f7279b7a91d1dc0a.png

Player out:  He'll always have a place here in Rotherham in the backroom.  I wasn't going to extend his contract and Leciester put a bid in so.. I accepted.

1090a0d3141ad603a5c401b229d5463b.png

Player in: Cost me 3mil.  Another young Czech, reckon he'll become quite good. Love his passing/vision/teamwork/work rate already.

2692680a1cbf58c59a1d532312634fb0.png

Player out: He goes away every year to a international competition.  He'll probably moan again in the summer and it's good money.  He has been my best midfielder but I have others to fill the void.

92d290371c66291991cf53b7a17e0e56.png

Is this for real?  We have enough depth!  I have alot of young players but they're good players.

f72335b9dc876b6cbf5c68a88b5fe77d.png

Player in: Scouts were raving about him.  He's in Spains U21s and only cost 6mil.

d44f85a1f5c4b3c0289db0392988587a.png

Home - Chelsea
Pre-match Caro and Hinds start in midfield.  Rest is the team from the Sunderland game.
First half Has to be a red card!? It is!  Mario is sent off for a two footed lunge!  Half time, boring first half.  Let's try and exploit the 10 men!
Second half 30 minutes to go I switch to counter.  Fluke goal! It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 72nd minute.  Colin crosses, Mariano doesn't touch it and Courtious looks like he's expecting the striker to get on the end of it and it goes in.  James, Gribbin and Gray replace Borghesi, Gylfason and Hinds for the last 15 minutes.  This is great to watch, we're just dominated possession!  Close!  Kasim smashes the bar from a freekick and it's full time!
Post-match We dominated Chelsea.  Such a shame it was only 1 - 0!

Boo!  I had an 18 year old South Korean coming but he's failed his work permit, he looked good!

New contract!

41798b412dda442eb755dfd103aa76b8.png

See, it's easier said then done.  They want midfielders in and I don't want to sign a player with no resale value or I'll sell 6 months later.  Our rep will change in July and we'll have a host of players to pick at, currently we have a couple who I don't think will improve the side.  There's a 26 year old midfielder named Bernardo.  Does he look good? Yeah, not too shabby.  Can he finish? Not at all.  Will he improve the side and do things other players can't?  I highly doubt it.  Will he ask for high wages and cost 18mil? Yep.  Will I sell any higher? Nope.  Will he have a long term future? Nope.  See, if the answers aren't yes, there's no point.  The likes of Danilo and Iver Fossum are transfer listed but they're not interested.

Away - Watford
Pre-match A couple of changes in midfield.  We have the Sunderland game coming up.  Calavia and Gribbin start.
First half There's a goal mouth scramble.  Somehow the ball evades Audero.  We stop on the line, El Ghazi shoots and Jezdik blocks and we clear!  Phew.  Cross in, El Ghazi heads it and it's the bar!  Watford are causing all sorts of problems.  Half time.
Second half Cross in, El Ghazi heads in but Audero saves! 30 minutes to go.  Gray and Hinds replace Mariano and Gribbin.  Go overload for the last 10 minutes!  Longshot from Watford hits the bar!  Full time.
Post-match We didn't make a real chance, they did.  We survived, just.

Away - ELF Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg - Sunderland
Pre-match We're 2 - 1 up, can we qualify?
First half Mistake from Bergstrom and Sunderland scores in 45 seconds.  Cross comes in and he just kicks it to Campbell to hit in.  Casilla makes a great save to deny Hinds in the 2nd minute!  We might have a good game on our hands here.  Red card!  Colin makes an awful tackle after 8 minutes and sees red!  That's a huge huge blow.  Using an old tactic and trying to lay out for the rest of this game.  Asoro is in and Audero makes a great save to deny.  Half time, tactic change.  Go to my normal but make the DM a DLP and drop the CM-A.
Second half Goal!  It's 1 - 1.  What a solo effort from Mariano after 46 minutes.  Jezdik played a great ball aswell.  Asoro collects a good ball over the top and hits the post.  What a sitter!  Gylfason crosses low, no one collects Mariano runs in and hits it at the keeper!  Unlucky, great one two from Mariano and Borghesi but Marianos shot it too tame. Zuculini replaces Hendrick with 30 minutes to go.  Another miss from Mariano, he's in but it's a low tame shot and Casilla can get a hand to it.  Borghesi can finish though!  It's 2 - 1 to Rotherham in the 69th minute.  Great ball from Mariano!  Bielik and Calavia replace Kasim and Jose for the last 7 minutes.  Rodrigo Jose had to fill in at CB and has done a fine job.  So has Jezdik at RB.  It's 3 - 1 to Rotherham.  Great goal.  Audero kicks up, Borghesi collects, passes to Mariano, plays in Zuculini and he hits in after 88 minutes.  Full time.
Post-match What a second half!  Colin has to get a fine though.

The final!

24737fdadb63fad26384f6eba93b457b.png

Away - FA Cup 4th Round - Preston North End
Pre-match Rotation.  Debut being handed to Urban.  Gray and Vardy are the forwards.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Preston in the 28th minute.  Nam Tae-Hee hits in a freekick from the edge of the box.  29th minute, we attack, pass and Gray plays in Vardy who hits in to make it 1 - 1.  We switch to counter!
Second half Gribbin and Tammy replace Gray and Caro and with 20 minutes to go we switch to overload.  It's 2 - 1 to Rotherham in the 87th minute!  Gribbin hits a freekick through to Vardy, he crosses and Fabiano heads in for his first Rotherham goal!  It's full time!
Post-match Phew, we weren't at the races for a while but we won!

He's gone!

b4a4a1b51ea5f8a2c6c7d4604168c62a.png

And another!

7a6dbe0db5d84697ef2a54a7e478ba79.png

He wanted first team football, he wasn't going to get it.  Fans devastated as he was a fan favourite and first team player.

Damn, my LB failed a work permit!  I have 11 hours to find a replacement!

Damn!  Another Work Permit failed.  A DM that Barcelona and PSG were interested in.  I went in 5mil for his release!

Panic buy!

b4856963e533961f1810603b8270bbee.png

5bb2211d1e52b1c91aa1e6d68390e5b0.png

Squad should be strong enough until the summer for sure. That's where we get the midfield reinforcements!

Table:

9e16e433a8321fc90fc493dde572ed15.png

Really happy that we should qualify for the Champions League.

February

b4cb68d3e81afa735dd43722c3637628.png

Home - Leicester City
Pre-match Should win this.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 29th minute.  Absolute rocket from Borghesi puts us 1 - 0 up. Half time.
Second half It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham in the 45th minute.  Borghesi plays a lovely ball to Mariano, he runs down and slots in.  It's 3 - 0 in the 48th minute.  Kasim hits in one of his freekicks on his 150th apperance.  It's 3 -1 in the 54th minute.  Nash is played in by Bero and hits in at the bear post.  Zuculini and Lowe who comes on for his debut replace Gylfason and Jose.  4 - 1 in the 64th minute.  Great passing and movement.  Zuculini plays in Mariano for his brace.  Gribbin replaces Hinds for the last 20 minutes.  It's 5 - 1 in the 78th minute.  Gribbin hits in the corner, it's ping pong in the box and Bergstrom manages to hit in.  It's 6 - 1!  It's down as an own goal in the 86th minute.  Borghesi crosses low, Mariano hits it, bounces off Morgan and in.  It's 6 - 2 in the 87th minute.  Good passing, we go to close down and leave a gave.  Campbell plays a ball to Dimitriou who slots in.  Full time.
Post-match Pew pew.  Why do we need midfielders in again?

I mean, look at the stats.

c7b3b3c515214b4b41b412a7a40d3861.png

This just came up!

dbb2b050f35a2e71511fccf4e2c7beca.png

Checking the stats.  Mariano will beat both goals and assists this season!  If Mariano doesn't beat assists then Borghesi will.

That's better!

fc9143ca96a5ec21f1519d6c667f0565.png

Away - Stoke City
Pre-match Be silly to change the squad.  Fabiano replaces Colin though as he's been suspended for two more games.
First half Close!  Stoke with a freekick, whip it in and Ajer just heads wide after 40 seconds!  It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 6th minute.  Corner swung in, headed out, we hit back in, ping pong, Gylfason hits and then Bergstrom hits in.  Stoke hit the post!  Freekick comes in, we clear, they come back in, low cross again and Schaub gets on the end of it but only onto the post. That's a bad tackle!  Is he off?  HE IS!  Kristoffer Ajer is off for a two footed lunge on Mariano.  They're down to 10 so I'm switching to counter.  Half time.  Bielik comes on for Fabiano and Jezdik goes RB.
Second half It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham.  Gylfason hits up to Borghesi, he does really well, lays off Mariano who lays off a long shot which gets a deflection and goes in after 68 minutes!  Second red and it's to Stoke again!  Stoke clear and it's a horrible lunge from Crivelli onto Bielik, he's lucky to not get hurt there!  Vardy and Gribbin replace Borghesi and Hinds for the last 15 minutes.  Stoke are blocking every shot and defending well!  It's full time!
Post-match We played well.  Stoke were disguisting with those challenges and it's a shame I can't go angry in the post-match as they didn't even ask a question about it!

Hinds is injured for 3 weeks and Vardy for a week.

Home - Manchester City
Pre-match They've just lost 4 - 1 to Manchester United.  Can we exploit this?  Gribbin starts in place of the injured hinds.
First half 20 seconds in and Caro misses a sitter!  Great passing from Borghesi and Gribbin! It's 1 - 0 to Manchester City.  That was great football, it's finished off by Aguero nodding in Grimaldos cross.  Switch to counter.  Half time.  Been a bit of a bore.
Second half Another good chance gone!  Caro finds Borghesi with a great ball, he crosses and Mariano hits the post! Gray, Robertson and Zuculini replace Borghesi, Mariano and Gribbin.  20 minutes to go!  It's 1 - 1!!! 81st minute.  Caro plays a quality ball over, Robertson collects, dribbles and hits in!  Was about to go overload but there's no point.  We should be winning!  Gray is through and just smashes it against the bar!  If he placed it we'd be winning!  Full time.
Post-match How on earth didn't we win that? We had enough chances!

See!

2453ae4d2871d8e3fa1706a179fb3a24.png

Away - Europa League First Knock Round Leg 1 - Fenerbahce
Pre-match Not sure what to expect.  We field a full strength side and hopefully get a result.  Looking at there side.  They have players such as Bony, Bolasie(injured for this), Schlupp, Kjaer and Begovic.  Might be tough!
First half That's close!  Kasim hits a freekick 38 seconds in!  It just skims the top of the bar!  It's 1 - 0 Rotherham 3 minutes in!  Hendrick hits in the corner, Bergstorm heads onto the bar, charges at the rebound and Schlupp smashes it against him and in.  It's 2 - 0 in the 6th minute.  Great football, Mariano is in the box, crosses low and Caro hits in for his first Miller goal.  Oof, could be 3.  Great football.  Caro plasy through Borghesi but his shot is straight at the keeper.  It is 3 this time after 37 minutes.  Great ball from Mariano and Borghesi slots low past Begovic.  Half time.  Rodrigo Jose is coming off for Zuculini as he's picked up a knock.
Second half Good save Begovic.  Zuculini finds Mariano with a good chipped ball and his shot is saved.  Last 25 minutes.  Gray and Lowe replace Gylfason and Borghesi.  Rest them for the FA cup game against West Ham.  Hendrick has picked up a knock but should be able to finish the game.  It's 4 - 0 in the 72nd minute.  Colin hits a nice ball to Gray, he crosses low and Mariano hits in.  It's 5 - 0 in the 87th minute!  Bergstrom heads in Hendricks corner!  Full time.
Post-match AMAZING.  What a result!

Hendrick and Jose are out for about a month each, that's a huge blow.  They miss the ELF Cup Final :(.

New record and it's only the 18th of feb.

a80e77e97796fdb3ce4d9721e5a004a7.png

Away - FA Cup 5th Round - West Ham United
Pre-match Very tough came.  We'll do well to win this one.  Gribbin, Caro and Zuculini are the midfield trio with Kasim behind.  I can't play counter, they have pacey fullbacks and Calleri and Guidetti uptop.  I have to try and score more.
First half It's 1 - 0 Rotherham after 26 seconds!  Great passing, Borghesi plays in Mariano who slots in.  It's 2 - 0 in the 21st minute.  Good passing, no one forces the shot, they wait and pass, Mariano lays off Gribbin who slots in low.  Ping pong in the Rotherham box but we manage to clear.  It's 2 - 1 in the 31st minute.  West Ham counter and Bergstroms poor back pass lets in Calleri to hit past Audero.  It's 2 - 2.  Bergstroms clearence is awful, straight to Sessegnon.  He hits to Bruma, he centers and Calleri hits in.  Bergstrom is having a nightmare.  It's 3 - 2 to Rotherham in the 35th minute though!  Great passing.  Gribbin plays in Borghesi who slots in low.  It's 3 - 3 in the 37th minute.  Quick counter, long ball out to Williams on the wing, he crosses and Calleri hits in.  Gylfasons mistake this time.  Half time.  I give the team a good shouting at, we can't defend like that.
Second half Lowe and Bielik replace Bergstrom and Gylfason in the 60th minute. Oh what a hit it's 4 - 3 to Rotherham!  Quick attack.  Audero, to Bielik, to Mariano who plays through Gribbin, he plays a ball to Borghesi, he turns and hits it from just outside the area.  That was impressive.  Good save from the West Ham keeper but Borghesi should of probably had his hat-trick.  Bielik misses his header but luckily Calleri hits hit shot wide! It's 4 - 4.  Another defensive mistake.  Colin just gives them possesion, they counter.  Audero makes a huge save but Wijnaldum hits in the rebound after 81 minutes.  Bruma is in but Audero saves!  It's full time.
Post-match What a horrible match to watch.  We were so bad at the back.  We gave them 3 goals!

He's broke another record and it's only the 21st of Feb!

d7bd1293af0d2dbfd054ee0551a78a8d.png

Home - Europa League First Knock Round Leg 2 - Fenerbahce
Pre-match I might awell use this match as a rotation.  With the injuries though I've not made as many changes as I'd like.  Don't care if we lose 4 - 0 aslong as we quality.  The old Gray and Vardy partnership start uptop.
First half 1 - 0 to Fenerbache, Schlupp crosses.  Vita hits it, it's blocked and falls kindly to Bony to hit in after 28 minutes.  Half time.  We switch to counter and Vardy has a knock so Mariano replaces.
Second half 20 minutes to go.  Hinds and Bergstrom replace Caro and Kasim, they need rest.  Full time.
Post-match That was such a poor game.  I'll take the loss happily but we had 4 shots, 1 on target.  That's not like us.  They had the same.

I think this draw has given us a chance!

51b12a130b676393896b856cb8f30bd4.png

Neutral - ELF Cup Final - Tottenham Hotspur
Pre-match I have never beat Tottenham.  Could this be the one to broke the hoodoo?  Aslong as Bellotti doesn't get the better of Bergstrom this time.  They have a reserve goalkeeper in net?  I don't get that one!
First half Borghesi one twos with Gribbin and then misses a sitter! It's half time!
Second half Gylfason is asleep, a through ball to Cerny and and he slots past Audero who will be wondering how making it 1 - 0 to Tottenham!  30 mins left.  Gray and Hinds replace Borghesi and Gribbin and we go overload.  Robertson replaces Mariano with 20 minutes to go. WHY IS GRAY SHOOTING?  He only has to be a pull into the box and hits a dumb shot from a really silly angle.  He'd never score that in 100 attempts.  It's 1 - 1 in the 86th minute!  Cross comes in, they don't clear, Caro heads in, it's a mess and Robertson manages to poke in!  YES!!! It's 2 - 1! We counter, Robertson plays in Zuculini who hits in after 90 minutes! FULL TIME!
Post-match WE WON!!! I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!  Robertson plays super-sub again! We scored 2 goals in 4 minutes!  That's mental!

This is Robertson.  He's nothing special but wow, he's scored some big goals and he's only 18!

7a7404bc2ff28bf9b41475e303a65205.png

What a run.  The final and winning with 10 men against Sunderland.  Rafa is going mental in the post-match interviews saying we were lucky, how they bossed up and how unprofessional I am.  We'll check the stats shall we? (We're in yellow)

7f91b5488306898338cefefc96ac2dc8.png

007711247aadf2bfc9c0221386971d3b.png

End of month award:

We got the young player award back!

03613dfab8770d82a129a77a43ebcb56.png

March

3ef3f4485878e9cb6b9d0465c3de141a.png

Good time to ask for upgrades and they accepted.

b5081ab8f0e736a7e7749a924bc063df.png

0f1b4701a5d3aaa175639708bd9e1c8a.png

This is how it currently looks

035700025798ce38c1c3ec28ff27aac3.png

We're only one of three teams that have such a poor youth level.  Crystal Palce and Bournemouth are rated 3.  Everyone else is rated 1.

Home - FA Cup 5th Round Replay - West Ham United
Pre-match Fabiano and Lowe start at fullback positions here and Bielik starts over Bergstrom.  Let's not concede another 4.
First half Ah!  Sure we should score within the first 30 seconds.  Someone just needed to shoot!  It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham after 3 minutes.  Great passing, Borghesi back heels it and plays in Hinds who fits in.  It's 2 - 0 in the 8th minute.  Great football.  Lowe plays in Hinds who hits in.  He's been missed.  He may not have the "stats/star rating" but he's our Frecklington for sure.  It's a penalty!  Jezdik fouls in the air!  Guidetti steps up and it's SAVED!  It's down the middle and Audero palms out and we clear.  Good play from Rotherham and Hinds is denied his hat-trick by a good save.  Who is this left back?  It's 3 - 0!  Lowe does brilliant, crosses in and Borghesi crosses in.  His first start and he has two assists!  Half time!
Second half 25 minutes to go.  Roberton and Calavia replace Mariano and Zuculini.  Borghesi hits a great ball to Robertson, he takes down, dribbles and hits well wide!  Full time!
Post-match Brilliant.  Much better.  Lowe and Hinds were quality.  Calleri only came on at half time, silly to not start him.

75eda6ffe00a05206e9961b0a9e073c1.png

Good chance.  They have some good players but they concede goals.

Home - Sunderland
Pre-match Be silly to change anything.  Same team starts.
First half It's the bar!  Lowe finds Mariano with a great ball, he runs down and crosses and Borghesi heads onto the bar.  Half time.  Switching to counter.  Attacking isn't getting us chances.
Second half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 48th minute.  Kasim hits a freekick wide to Fabiano, he crosses and Mariano hits in.  30 minutes to go.  Calavia, Gribbin and Gylfason replace Lowe, Hinds and Caro.  Some booked, some need rest.  It's 1 - 1 in the 86th minute.  Freekick from Goncalves, Stark heads on and Coates heads in at the back.  Switch to overload but I think we don't have enough time.  Full time.
Post-match We were pretty poor to be honest. Draw is a fair result.

Away - Europa League 2nd Knockout Round Leg 1 - Palermo
Pre-match We'll go and attack with our first team and see what happens.  Again I'm not sure what to expect.
First half Mariano should score but Meli makes a good save.  He had enough time!  It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 28th minute.  The four midfielders are just passing round, waiting for a gap.  Caro plays in Borghesi who slots in.  Half time, we're doing well.
Second half Meli makes a good save from a Mariano, Borghesi one two.  Mariano is looking off today, making some odd decisions. 55th minute and Vardy replaces Mariano after he misses another sitter.  Close!  Chip pass into Vardy, he hits first time and it's the post.  Good move but Zuculini shoots when he should of played a through ball.  Borghesi plays a great ball to Vardy and he misses a sitter aswell!
Post-match I'm posting stats to show the CCCs.  I wasn't joking about sitters.  How we only get 1 goal is beyond me.

df843c8674d5ca87c0e9071a3e04791e.png

Home - FA Cup 6th Round - Everton
Pre-match Players need rest but we'll get a rest after the 2nd league vs Palermo.  I want to win this.  Hendrick replaces Hinds as he goes to the bench and Caro goes CM-A.  Calavia replaces Zuculini and he also goes to the bench.  Both fullbacks replaced aswell.
First half Quiet first half. Switching to counter.
Second half Colin is punished for dwelling on the ball.  No need.  Everton counter and we're lucky as they only hit the post.  25 minutes to go.  Vardy and Gray replace Mariano and Borghesi.  Bielik replaces Colin.  I didn't put Robertson on my bench, oops.  It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 76th minute!  Lowe hits an awesome diagonal ball to Gray, his first touch is great, runs in and slots past the keeper.  He scores when he doens't shoot with power!  Full time.
Post-match That was tough!  Really happy with the win.  Danny Lowe seems to be a great purchase.  He has a very good left foot!

Last four and if Arsenal beat United we have a chance.  We do have a good record vs Chelsea.

f7128a85d088506aa4cfaaf182ad4710.png

Ah we've lost Fabiano for 6 weeks!

Away - Europa League 2nd Knockout Round Leg 2 - Palermo
Pre-match Let's keep it going.  Turns out Scottish striker Leigh Griffiths is uptop for Palermo!  Oriol Romeu is in midfield aswell!
First half Palermo cross, it's a tight angle and Griffiths can only hit the post.  Borghesi is fouled on the edge of the box but Kasim can only fit the frekick wide.  There's the goal!  Good passing and Hinds plays in Mariano who hits in low after 37 minutes.  Close!  Caro wins the ball, he hits to Borghesi, he hits a ball to Mariano, he runs down and hits the side netting!  Bielik replaces Colin at half time.
Second half  30 minutes to go.  Hendrick replaces Zuculini as he's booked and Gray replaces Borghesi.  Freak goal!  It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham!  Mariano crosses in low, left back Intxaurraga hits it off the CB Barba and it's bounced back into the net!  Mariano is in but his shot is straight at the goalkeeper.  It's full time.
Post-match Comfortable win and we're through to the next round.  Quarters iirc.

Another record:

He's played in enough games and has more to come.

532b3b4915cd142bcaf044d03e8f8a63.png

The last 8:

902b26728d6fa93bdfbe4f929b050175.png

Valencia, that's going to be tough.  Checking their team out they do have some good players.  Not class though.  They're 8th in La Liga.  We could beat them.  Just depends if we can cope with Januzaj and Iturbe on the wings.

This is nice to read

616778f429ebf20bf435ab2fd8715fb0.png

We have a strong squad.  Just believe in my transfers ^_^.

Home - AFC Bournemouth
Pre-match A league game!  It's been a while.  Jose is back, he's straight into the midfield with Zuculini going to the bench.
First half Wilson does awesome, crosses and Ziyech heads, it should be 1 - 0 but Audero saves.  That's a sitter and we're only 2 minutes in!  Unlucky!  Quick counter and Marianos first touch is amazing, dribbles from the half way line but his shot is saved.  It's 1 - 0 to Bournemouth.  Our passing is shocking at times.  They attack us, Lazaar crosses and Ziyech hits in.  Half time.  Switch to counter and bollock the lads.
Second half It's 1 - 1 in the 47th minute.  Hinds crosses and Borghesi heads in.  Pineda is in and should score but Audero makes a great save!  Was about to make 3 subs but it's 2 - 1 to Rotherham!  Mariano steals the ball and we counter.  Boghesi hits a quality shot from 20 yards out into the net after 58 minutes.  Hendrick and Zuculini replace Caro and Kasim with 25 minutes to go.  Borghesi fouls Hyndman in the area "nudges too strongly" and it's a penalty to Bournemouth!  71st minute and Hagi steps up.. hits in.  2 - 2!  Vardy replaces Mariano with 18 minutes to go.  Full time.
Post-match I'll take a draw.  We had more shots, more possesion etc but they had -4- CCCs.  

Away - West Ham United
Pre-match Midfield change.  Zuculini, Hendrick and Hinds are the 3 CMs.  Jose goes to DM.  Kasim and Caro go to the bench.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham after 8 minutes.  Good passing, Borghesi plays a ball to Mariano and he smashes it first time.  Great football and Pau Lopez makes a brilliant save to deny Borghesi.  Another brill save from Lopez!  Corner comes in and Bergstrom heads it at goal and he dnies with a diving effort.  Half time and 3 subs!  Lowe, Bielik and Kasim replace Jose, Gylfason and Colin.  Don't want red cards.
Second half Brilliant ball over from Darder, Calleri gets the better of the CBs but hits over, a sitter.  Another sitter!  Cross comes in, we head out, they head back in and Guidetti nods wide.  Not sure how!  Full time!
Post-match Great win.  It was a battle for 3rd and we won it!

New record!

c5586491b8f4dbd9daecbaa049bb137f.png

April

118fd251a6f4fc4db6d5f21c18d02480.png

Away - Aston Villa
Pre-match Colin is out of form so Jezdik goes to RB and Bielik goes CB.  Gribbin and Caro start for Hinds and the injured Kasim.
First half I've switched to counter after 10 minutes.  What a save!  Villa counter, two long ball ans Oliveri is in, Audero saves onto the post and Bielik clears.  Back to attacking it is.  19th minute Aston Villa go 1 - 0 up.  Oliveri crossed and Ayew is free and hits in.  We're second best here.  Colin repalces Bielik and I bollock the lads.  They're doing pretty awful.
Second half Gylfason replaces Lowe in the 46th minute after a stupid tackle. 30 minutes to go and switch to overload.  Robertson on for Borghesi for the last 10 minutes.  Full time.
Post-match We were absolutely terrible.  Both sides were.  Not happy with that.  They're 18th and we were 3rd and we managed 1 shot on target.

Away - Europa League Quarter Final Leg 1 - Valencia
Pre-match Let's just attack and see what happens.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 27th minute!  Borghesi plays in Mariano and he had 3 round him, he gets tackled but it sets up Hendrick to hit in!  Bit of good fortune.  Half time.
Second half 36 seconds into the half and it's 2 -0 to Rotherham!  Hendrick wins the ball, hits to Borghesi who plays a lovely ball over to Mariano who hits in!  Di Masi and Zuculini replace Jose and Hinds for the last 15 minutes.  What a save!  Januzaj hits in the corner and Khacheridi heads in and Audero tips over.  Borghesi is in but he spoons his shot when he hits first time.  It's 3 - 0 to Rotherham in the 85th minute.  What skill from Mariano, down the right, skins the defender and passes across for Borghesi to hit in.  Full time.
Post-match 3 aways goals, we were brilliant!

Home - Southampton
Pre-match Always a team to mix it up and they've got Zaza uptop.  In 2017/2018 Bayern bought him for 42mil.  In 2018/2019 Dortmund bought him for 51mil and in January 2021/2022 he's moved to Southampton for 4.9mil and has 6 goals in 6 games.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 7th minute.  Great passing, Hendrick to Mariano to Borghesi who turns and hammers it in.  It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham in the 10th minute.  That was so poor.  They cut out Borghesis pass, he tackles them twice, plays in Mariano where Betrand cuts out, tries to pass back to Forster and Mariano hits in.  If that was my defense I'd be going mental.  Half time and we're doing well.
Second half Phew, thought it was a penalty but it's Zaza who fouls in the Rotherham box.  Di Masi and Zuculini replace Jose and Hinds.  Jose has picked up a slight knock, shouldn't be too bad.  Austin does brilliant, ball across and Audeo stops Zazas poor shot.  WHAT A SAVE! Bit of luck after a cross and Austin has the ball 8 yards out and Audero saves! "Rotherham United aren't going down without a fight" "They're matching Southampton step for step here!" is what the commentray says!  Bielik replaces Hendrick for the last 5 minutes. Full time.
Post-match Really well played!  Gylfason picks up MotM for his really good display against the attacking fullback Troupee.

Home - Europa League Quarter Final Leg 2 - Valencia
Pre-match Just go and enjoy ourselves.
First half Very quiet.  Di Masi replaces the booked Zuculini at half time.
Second half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham.  Lovely football.  Hinds plays in a quality ball, Borghesi runs onto it, picks up and slots in.  We have Palace in 2 days so Gray and Vardy replace Mariano and Borghesi in the 55th minute.  Full time.
Post-match Awesome.  Beating a club that has Utvik at CB is amazing (bought him on FM2016, he cost me games, I sold him and beat every team who played him).

Last 4. We have a good chance of getting into the final.  I'd rather see Benfica than Tottenham!

8a0f77e829e9ba2c51f64a3985368cbf.png

The price of playing well, ouch.

822404b4840ec38fb73ae4a9f0d259f9.png

Away - Crystal Palace
Pre-match We have to rest some players here.  Youngsters Calavia and Urban start in midfield with Gribbin.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 7th m inute. Good passing, Calavia plays in Borghesi who hits in.  Switch to counter after the goal.  It's 1 - 1 in the 8th minute.  Colin, what was that? Ball over and he just passes it to Townsend, he crosses and Arvidsson hits in.  He's picked his form up but that was awful.  Back to attacking! Half time.  Blergh.
Second half What a hit it's 2 - 1 to Rotherham in the 54th minute.  Gribbin wins the ball, plays it to Borghesi, he takes it past the defender, passes to Urban who passes to Mariano who spins and lets one fly.  Jedzik misses a good chance to put us 3 - 1 up.  Hinds replaces Gribbin with 25 minutes to go.  Gribbin has been a hit and miss with his passing.  Hinds plays in Borghesi but he hits the bar! I'm so confused.  Colin is -right only- so why does he keep putting it on his left foot to make woeful crosses? Full time.
Post-match Phew.  A good win really with some dodgy plays.  Glad Urban and Calavia picked up an assist each.

Home - Wolverhampton Wanderers
Pre-match They're 20th and games are coming very fast.  Couple of main midfielders back in and off we go.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 11th minute.  Good passing, Borghesi to Gribbin who plays in Mariano and with a wonderful first touch, collects and slots in.  It's 2 - 0 in the 21st minute.  Good passing.  Borghesi plays in Gribbin who slots low past Ward. Unlucky!  Good passing from Borghesi and Gribbin and Mariano is in at a tight angle and hits the post.  Own goal!  Borghesi crosses and it hits of Vestergaard and into the net after 26 minutes it's 3 - 0.  Half time.  I didn't mean to leave Gribbin on, was supposed to put Hinds on but he's been awesome.  Glad my mistake has paid off!
Second half 20 minutes to go.  Calavia, Di Masi and Robertson replace Hendrick, Caro and Borghesi.  It's 4 - 0 in the 81st minute.  Gribbin hits a freekick in, it's headed down and Lowe hits in for his first Rotherham goal.  Full time.
Post-match Splendid.

Neutral - FA Cup Semi Final - Chelsea
Pre-match All I can ask if they go in and give it there best.  Chelsea just beat Arsenal 4 - 1 with Icardi getting a hat-trick.  He isn't starting though!  Maybe we have a chance?  I'llgo attacking, I can't see counter doing much good here.
First half What!  It's a penalty to Chelsea.  Zuculini pushes Bernando Silva when he didn't need too!  Dembele steps up and slots in after 43 minutes.  Half time.  We're by far the better team, we're just making the chance.  Jose and Kasim replace Zuculini and Hinds with Caro going CM-A.
Second half It took 20 seconds for us to score!  1 - 1 in the 45th minute.  Great passing, Hendrick to Mariano who scores an absolute belter.  It's 2 - 1 Chelsea.  Aboubaker slots in after a great ball from Kovacic.  How on earth are we giving him that much space? 20 minutes left and Robertson replaces Borghesi.  Overload for 10 minutes.  No!  Mariano just missed a great chance!  That could be it.  It's over.
Post-match Fuming.  We had the ball, the shots, the same CCCs. But we didn't deliever so we miss out on the FA cup.

Home - Europa League Semi Final - AS Saint-Etienne
Pre-match Same as always in Europe.  Go out and attack and see what happens.
First half Really good passing.  Hinds plays in Jose and he should score but hits the post.  Penalty to Etienne.  Bergstrom fouls when a cross comes in.  Witsel runs up and.. hits in the top corner.  1 - 0 after 18 minutes.  What a hit!  Hendrick scores 25 yard belter in the 45th minute.  Half time.  Can't believe we're only drawing.  We're battering them! We've had 14 shots, 7 on target.  They've had.. the pen, that's it.
Second half 30 minutes to go and Vardy and Gray replace Borghesi and Mariano.  Quiet game for them.  Kasim has a freekick on the edge of the box but hits the bar!  That's a late twist!  Etienne go 2 - 1 up in the 92nd minute!  Magnasco crosses and Paulista heads in!  That came out of nothing.  It's full time.
Post-match I've no idea how we lost that, we'll have to hammer them in France!

End of month award:

1109fce3da8a343fd0b0db55b819d429.png

Borghesi and Mariano have 3 each, we have 6 out of 9!

May

298365b9e882f0843cd8a1598261ecd0.png

Home - Norwich City
Pre-match Liverpool afterwards.  Need massive rotation.
First half 4th minute 1 - 0 to Rotherham.  Freekick in, they head out to Robertson who passes to Gray and he smashes in.  It's 1 - 1 in the 6th minute.  Norwich cross and Bielik tries to clear but hits itnto Diamantakos and it goes in!  It's 2 - 1 to Rotherham in the 41st minute.  Gribbin hits in the corner and it's cleared but only to Gray.  Gribbin and Gray one two and Gray hits across where Bielik hits in! Half time.
Second half Very quiet half which isn't a bad thing.  Close! Good passing and Urban hits the bar, Robertson hits the follow up wide! It's full time.
Post-match We never looked like losing, telling them it was a good performance annoyed them though.. odd.

Sweet!

5a1d9a8bb0339418d4900c6c48672052.png

4 games to go.  I can currently finish 2nd if I win every game, that's asking alot but 3 points in 4 games is all I need to finish 3rd and that's amazing.

And more good news!

1c4cd53ec854bed6d3399ef57fba3c58.png

Away - Liverpool
Pre-match Let's try get a point!
First half It's 1 - 0 to Liverpool in the 9th minute.  Berahino hits a cross in and Ojo heads in.  20 minutes in and switch to counter, attacking isn't doing a thing. Hinds is in and hits the post! Borghesi now misses a sitter! Half time!
Second half  30 minutes to go.  Vardy, Gray and Zuculini replace Hinds, Borghesi and Mariano.  Ojo should score from another header but Audero saves.  Overload for 15 minutes.  Jezdik fouls and another penalty!!! We've given 3 away in 4 games!!! Luan steps up and... hits in the top corner! 2 - 0 to Liverpool. Full time.
Post-match We were poor.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham left.  We need 3 points from one of those teams, damn! :o.  Liverpool and those three to finish the season is alot to ask.

Away - Europa League Semi Final - AS Saint-Etienne
Pre-match Let's win this!  I can't believe we didn't win the last game.  Going to France might be a struggle but we'll attack as always.  Revenge is on the cards.
First half Lapadula should score but Audero makes a huge save!  It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham after 36 minutes.  That is fantastic football.  Finish the move off with Mariano playing in Borgheshi and he smashes in.  That's 1, we need another!  Half time.  Tell them revenge is the key again.
Second half 30 minutes to go.  Hinds, Zuculini and Fabiano replace Colin, Jose and Caro.  Lovely move but the keeper is equal to Borghesis shot!  Overload for 10 minutes.  Can we get the 2nd goal?  Close! Corner in, Bergstrom heads across and Jezdik heads but they clear off the line! Full time!
Post-match We had chances!  We just didn't put them away and we go out on away goals.

Away - Manchester United
Pre-match A few changes as we have some tired players.  They're top of the league and it'll be tough. We've failed to beat them in the last 8 outings ^_^. It's a bit different when they can spend 116mil on 1 player.
First half It's 1 - 0 to United after 6 minutes.  Alena is played in and hits into the net.  Wow!  They have a winger with 18 acceleration and pace and he's making it impossible for Lowe.  Half time.  Counter it is!
Second half 25 minutes to go.  Gary, Hendrick and Hinds replace Gribbin, Mariano and Zuculini.  OH COME ON HINDS.  A very stupid back pass let's in Dybala who makes it 2 - 0 in the 70th minute.  Hoodoo not broken.  3 - 0.  Fosu-Mensah crosses and Dybala hits in.  It's 4 - 0.  Gray gets caught dwelling, Alena hits over and Dybala dribbles down and gets his hat-trick.  Full time.
Post-match Incredible to think we only had 1 less shot than United.  Let's just move on.

They're just too good.  They still have the FA cup final.

8996fa087cc140cb5111d5b77e36ba9f.png

Dybala this season.

e1a12f5c198e2578164bc59e7bb0ffa4.png

Away - Arsenal
Pre-match We hammered them last time and only drew.  Can we find this win we need to finish 3rd?
First half 2 minutes in and it's 1 - 0 to Arsenal.  Passing round us, a cross and Silva hits in.  Berardi does amazing, he squares and they hit the post and Colin blocks Sanchezs follow up.  It's 1 - 1!  Great football, Hendrick hits in Colins cross!  See he hit it with this right foot!  Unlucky Arsenal.  Corner swung up and Berardi hits it and it smashes the bar.
Second half Hinds and Gray replace Mariano and Caro.  Calavia replaces the injured Jose.  WHAT A GOAL!  LAST KICK OF THE GAME AND IT'S 2 - 1 TO ROTHERHAM!  Borgesi hits a quality ball to Gray, he does his marker and hits into the bottom corner!  Full time!
Post-match What a win!!! That was out of the blue!

Home - Tottenham Hotspur
Pre-match We can win aslong as Belotti is kept quiet.
First half What a hit, 9 minutes it's 1 - 0 to Rotherham.  Borghesi lays off Mariano and he smashes in the top corner from outside the box.  It's 1 - 1 in the 19th minute.  Lamela hits a corner in and Belotti unmarked volleys in off the post.  It's 2 - 1 to Tottenham.  Cerny to Belotti with a bit of luck from a deflection and he slots in.  Belotti started the play as he got the better of the CBs.  Half time.
Second half Cross from Colin and Mariano should score but it's the post. 30 minutes to go, switch to counter.  Gray, Fabiano and Bielik replace Bergstrom, Colin and Borghesi.  It's 2 - 2 in the 74th minute!  Kasim hits in the freekick, Jezdik flicks on and Bielik hits in!  It's 3 - 2 to Tottenham.  Cerny crosses and Belotti heads in for his hat-trick.
Post-match We didn't keep him quiet and it cost us.  Not the best way to end of the season.

End of season:

Awards:

e644b96ccb625f0b3eab4b5a162baa59.png

Quality player.  Dropped off at the end which knocked him out of the average top 3.  Still.  What a first season for an 18 year old.

2 in a row!!!

cc9bb93c64f5ace9f0105c7994dfc8d0.png

1dff458afdf0f870592a66ed43006f0e.png

1fc2d936ca322c103a32f040d8c4f3a1.png

Swear the end of season awards are bugged.  He wins 3 but not the signing of the season?

aa4f3144049532aa583c838f496c2415.png

05f2cc90961965bce0f2bfd91828469a.png

e2c34486600df776b1f6702295bbb7a9.png

8af54cdf3db98ae359ae32a811d2fa44.png

What a season.  Trying to tie Borghesi and Mariano down but they want min. fees in there and I ain't happy with that.  Hoping July hits and they drop that demand.  We'll see.  Changes will happen.  Old with some older players and quality be bought now we're in the Champs League!

5 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Europa League semi final and a spot in the CL groups? It'll do, I guess...

Come to the dark side.  Use no wingers.

I'll try get my transfers done after work tomorrow.  Found a couple of gems already just need to tempt them to the New York Stadium.  Feel one may be out of my price range.

This is the hardest window I've ever had.  Kasim is getting old and declining, the likes of Hendrick only have a year left and I don't want to extend but they're HG and the lack of actually alright HG players is... frightening.  They're either quality and playing for big teams or they're mediocre, there's no middle ground really.   There isn't many quality players either.

As far as I can see, unless we bring in another backup goalkeeper that our transfers are done!  We spent up, that's for sure.

8eda8c46421c4266063905be660d7ae6.png

With the players out, they either weren't needed, getting old and needed cashing in or, weren't good enough or didn't fit. Gribbin wasn't going to get played with the new players coming in and for £8mil that's just a steal.

So, who's what and where?

Goalkeepers:  Emil Audero, Phuti Ntuli.

Ntuli is good enough to play backup to Audero and I've manage to get Audero to sign a new contract which is huge.  He's quality and I can't see him being replaced.

Defenders:

Right back - Ulisses, Calum Chambers.

Ulissses can be world class and I've been after him for a year.  Chambers will be his cover, he's homegrown and always been good for me on FM.

Left back - Bjaki Por Glyfason, Danny Lowe.

No changes, no need.  LB position was fine.

Center backs - David Jezdik Emil Bergstrom, Fabiano, Chris Smalling and Kyle White

Bergstrom and Jezdik will be starters with White the 3rd CB with Smalling and Fabiano as cover.

Midfielders:

Defensive: Rodrigo Jose, Sergio Calavia.

Jose is my first teamer and will get a new contract once his drops his stupid min. fee.  Calavia is a strong backup.

Central: Suat Serder, Mario Pasalic, Callum Slattery, Salvador Caro Marek Urban Lamine Fomba and Kaylen Hinds.

So much stronger. Serder and Slattery will play the B2B and Pasalic the CM-A.  They've all been quality in pre-season.  Urban, Caro and Hinds were backups and I felt I needed another.  Fomba is brought in and has a future option of 8million.

Strikers: Paulo Alexandre, Mattia Borghesi, Nikolas Mariano, Ben Woodburn and Thomas Robertson.

Mariano and Borghesi will start.  Alexandre will be used.  Woodburn has potential and is English so counts as HG and Robertson is my youngster!

Squad:

e8c2705850002dc9689b5c0dee8ef0e6.jpg

Yes, I have a young squad!  I've spent alot but there's players here that I'll use until I stop the save.  I reckon we can get into Europe again with this team easily.  Pre-season is going well and the only player that may leave is Mariano as he's wanted and kicking a fuss.  Alexandre can replace easy enough if he leaves.

Season 7 - Captain Bergstrom

Where's Mariano!?

caed6111e0f1c9c1d7b9fd42addf4dd1.png

Where's Borghesi!?

ec087195dbb31cccb661c0e491472f76.png

August

990b81bb0887e04abdf9ce698bee87b8.png

We've had a good pre-season.  We've scored goals but we've let in a few.  Alot of new players so it's going to take time to gel.

Home - Newcastle United
Pre-match It's the same opening fixture as last season.  Let's see how we do in our first competitive game with the new players.  Interested if Mariano, Borghesi or Pasalic will score more today.
First half Debut goal for Pasalic!  It's 1 - 0 after 28 minutes.  We look very good going forward.  It's Borghesi who plays Pasalic through and he shoots low into the net.  Should be 1 - 1 but Ayoze misses a sitter!  Some odd passing from the team after Gylasons poor throw in.  Half time!
Second half 30 minutes to go and Alexandre comes on to make his debut replacing Mariano.  He looks like he's trying too hard and it's costing him.  Alexandre is in after Borghesi feeds him but his shot is easily saved, should be 2 - 0.  Alexandre misses another sitter!!! That one is a massive sitter. He's free, only has to hit it left or right and it's at the keepr.  Urban and Calavia replace Slattery and Serder for the last 15 minutes.  Now Calavia misses a big chance!  What are we doing?!  We should be 4/5 up here!  Full time.
Post-match What do I honestly have to say? Pick it up? I didn't want a reaction and just said well done.  The finishing was horrendous.

What in the earth is this bid?  Do you honestly think I'm going to listen to an offer like that?  I mean, I wouldn't sell him anyway but West Ham winning the Champs League or FA Cup? Some of the bids in FM17 are insulting.

522d95b3e266eb2fd7091f3fef2e7fc3.png

Away - Arsenal
Pre-match This will be tough.  They have world class players.  Griezmann, Berardi, Ozil and Pinamonti(from Inter Milan and he's gotta be in the top 5 strikers in the world on my save).  We've stolen points before, we can we do it again?
First half Ryan makes a superb save to deny Mariano! That could be the difference! Pasalic is in but hits the post!  Can't believe what I'm seeing! Borghesi should score but Ryan saves his shot! That was the first 20 minutes, the next 20 is all Arsenal.  What a save! Ball lands to Griezzman at the back and Audero manages to stop on the line! Half time! Good game so far.
Second half Griezmann has the ball in a good spot but he blazes it over. Pasalic hits a great ball through to Mariano and he also blazes it over! Audero makes a great save to deny Griezmann as he beats Gylfason.  WHAT A SAVE! Ryan makes an amazing save to deny Pasalic.  He's having a worldy! Calavia, Urban and Alexandre replace Mariano, Caro and Jose for the final 15 minutes. It's full time!
Post-match What a game! A mixture of woodwork, missed chances and amazing saves!

This is Andrea Pinamonti.  I tried to go in but he had no interest, he's bloody brilliant and only 23.

9bee191f85b19289b856f3d0fbeed781.png

e5e9ae72fdcad4bdb8c08e7b502fe4c3.png

Home draw but will be difficult.

WHAT IS THIS GROUP! This is going to be bloody solid!

dd37ab0e3f601a72d01a19fcd2ce3eb5.png

Home - Everton
Pre-match Slattery is back and comes in for Caro who goes to the bench along with Fomba and Alexandre in for Mariano.  I think all this transfer nonsense is effecting his game.  I've had a joke bid from Juventus and that's it.
First half Penalty to Rotherham! Jezdik is fouled by Kurzawa. Borghesi steps up and.. hits in! 1 - 0 in the 14th minute.  2 - 0 to Rotherham! 33rd minute.  Serdar plays an early crosss and it's a peach for Borghesi to head in for his brace. Half time.  Mariano replaces Alexandre.
Second half Fomba and Caro replace Pasalic and Slattery in the 60th minute. It's 3 - 0 to Rotherham in the 86th minute! Caro hits a ball over the top and Capel misses the header, Mariano is in and hits home. Full time.
Post-match Good victory.  That's three clean sheets!  Oof.

End of transfer window:

effddb68b5c236546cb9a3ee46de7411.png

Crazy money for Iheanacho. Two transfers are missing here because they're players moving to france.

This midfielder was sold to Monaco for 66million from Manchester United.

3d3da4790766489557733ef59e76886a.png

This midfielder moved from Arsenal after only playing 13 games for the club for £92million.  He looks quite good!

624a8ee7c14a7dc24a1c3911171862c5.png

We loan out Robertson as he wants first team football.  He goes to league one as a key player for Oxford.

End of month award:

He's got young player again!

04740c677b761c409c2f93a919f11ad1.png

September

b914f8eac9a2d09bda846d7d5221083c.png

Away - Chelsea
Pre-match Mariano restored.  They're starting a few players with knocks and they beat us last time.  Can we win?
First half Half time and we've been the better side.
Second half 15 minutes to go.  Alexandre, Woodburn and Caro replace Mariano, Pasalic and Borghesi. 5 minutes of overload! It's over.
Post-match They wanted to counter us but never really got a good chance from it.  I tried counter for 30 minutes and it didn't work for me either.  Bore draw.

Away - Bayern Munich - Champions League Ground F
Pre-match Attack in Europe like always, see how it goes.  Turns out Simeone is in charge and they're playing 4 - 4 - 2.  It isn't working for them when they have players such as Hazard as a LM!

Look at there team! I can only be jealous!  

51f3dfd546af7cb7eeecce8c1db15706.png

The regen midfielder next to Mario is this guy:

f36b02069cd1ece1eeb51f49b094d0e1.png

First half MARIANO!!!!!! Serdar plays it to Borghesi and he does really well, plays in Mariano whos lots in after 35 minutes!  Might of taken a slight deflection but who cares! Half time!
Second half That's close! Jezdik fouls and it's JUST outside the box.  It's 1 - 1! Stillnovic heads in Marios freekick from that goul in the 51st minute! 30 minutes to go.  Fombra, Caro and Alexandre replace Jose, Pasalic and Borghesi.  I'd love a win here, draw would be amazing! MARIANO!!!! IT'S 2 - 1 IN THE 84TH MINUTE!!! Caro plays to Fomba who plays in Mariano to slot in!!! SUPER SUBS! MARIANOO!!! HAT-TRICK HERO!!!!! Caro does SUPERB, low cross and Mariano hits in!!! Full time!
Post-match WHAT A BLOODY WIN.  LIKE A FAIRY TALE!!!! MARIANO!!!!!

Away - Swansea
Pre-match Massive rotation. 10 players rotated.  Players need rest after that fantastic display!
First half It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 3rd minute.  Corner in, it's ping pong, Fomba hits it and it comes off Albornoz for an O.G! Ribamar should score for Swansea after Caros poor pass!  Lowe makes a huge block to deny former Miller Gribbin hitting in! Audero makes a huge save to deny Cavaleiro.  Going to counter, we're actually struggling a little.  It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham in the 41st minute! Caro plays in Alexandre and he doesn't actually shoot, he plays in Woodburn to his right to slot in.  Very unselfish play, that's nice to see.  Cavaleiro has a nice ball played into him and he hits wide, to not get that on target is poor.  Half time.
Second half He scores!  Alexandre gets his first Miller goal in the 53rd minute!  Caro just passes to him, he turns and rifles it low into the corner, very precise! Hinds comes on for Caro with 30 minutes to go.  Fabiano repalces White for the last 15 minutes.  He comes in and gives away a penalty!  He fouls Duffy in the box, will we lose our clean sheet record!? Woodrow steps up and it's in.. well he's not going to get near the team anytime soon. Smalling went from an 8.2 to a 7.6 because we conceded from a penalty, that's strange.  What a save from Audero to deny it going 3 - 2! Swansea have had chances, that'f for sure.  It's 3 - 2 in the 88th minute! Swansea do look good here, Okafor plays in Ribamar who finally gets a goal.  Can we hold on!?  A GOAL.. but it's to Rotherham! It's 4 - 2 in the 90th minute! Corner comes in, Woodburn collects when Woodrow heads out, lays off Hinds who hits in the bottom corner.  Full time!
Post-match What a game.  Swansea had 6 CCCs and should of won but we got the goals! I had to rotate and it worked, thankfully.

Home - ELF Cup 3rd Round - Southampton
Pre-match Rotated squad stay in but Ntuli goes into net this time and Hinds starts over Urban.
First half 2 minutes in and Woodburn hits in Caros cross! Great start for Rotherham! Ntuli makes a great save to keep us in the lead! That's another good from save Nutli after we cleared to the edge of the box! What a save again from Ntuli to deny Zaza! We're actually ontop they've just had 3 really good chances!
Second half Urban replaces Hinds in the 55th minute.  Woodburn misses a good chance after Alexandre crosses.  It's 1 - 1 in the 73rd minute.  Lovely passing, Redmond plays in Zaza and he slots in.  Mariano and Borghesi come on to replace Alexandre and Woodburn for the last 15 minutes.  Bentley makes a massive save after Fomba hits a lovely ball through to Borghesi.  It's going to extra time.
ET: First half Bentley makes a great save to deny Borghesi.  Can we find a way through!?
ET: Second half There's a red card in the 119th minute.  Lowe picks up a seond yellow for fouling Markovic.  It's penaltys!

We're first: Mariano - scores. Borghesi - scores. Fomba - SAVED. Calavia - scores.
They're second: Clasie - SAVED! Zaza - SAVED! Betrand - scores. Brooks - SAVED!

Post-match Ntuli was superb.  What a prospet we've picked up.

Ohhh, a Yorkshire game.

944fda6499f189d33a3d1e8ed74d696f.png

Home - Stoke City
Pre-match First team back out and they have some injuries, we have a good chance here.
First half Ulisses has a gashed leg and it replace by Calum Chambers after 15 minutes.  Lovely football from Rotherham, I have no idea how Serdar hits wide and not in and he's played in!  Last ditch block denies Borghesi! It's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 37th minute.  Mariano crosses, it takes a delfection and Pasalic runs in and hits into the back of the net.  Stoke just missed a "CCC".  It was in no shape or form a CCC.  Half time.  We should have scored more.
Second half Mariano is injured in the 58th minute and Alexandre replaces.  Woodburn reaplces Borghesi with 20 minutes to go.  Slattery has a good chance to put us 2 up but it's saved.  It's full time.

We've lost Mariano got 7 weeks and Ulisses for a week.  Can Alexandre step up?

Home - Olympiakos - Champions League Ground F
Pre-match Chambers and Alexandre start inplace of the injured Ulisses and Mariano.  Woodburn is waiting if none of the strikers perform. Saro starts over Slattery aswell.
First half Red card! Vanencio for Olympakis fouls Alexandre in the 9th minute for his second yellow! What a save!  Gylfason rifles it and keeper saves, Pasalic hits a follow up shop and he saves that! Alexandre is in and should score but it's saved.  We're knocking on the door and being fouled alot.  Bergstrom has the ball at the back and misses a great chance.  A goal finally!  Rotherham go 1 - 0 up in the 39th minute.  Chambers crosses, it's flicked on by Serder and Alexandre hits in.  Half time.  
Second half WHAT A DIRTY DIRTY TACKLE!!! Britez is sent off for an awful lunge on Gylfason! White, Slattery and Woodburn replace Chambers, Pasalic and Borghesi with 30 minutes to go.  It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham!  Woodburn dribbles and hits a cross across the goal of the mouth where Serdar heads in at the back for his first Rotherham goal in the 71st minute.  CLOSE!  Corner in, White heads back and Jezdik hits the post but can't hit a proper follow up.  Full time.
Post-match Referee got slated for being biased towards us!  Not sure how, check the stats! Very dirty side!

3f4603799d5aa6f03a9c7e4f51149f97.png

Updates will be coming slower, it's Christmas and I'm also obsessed with Overwatch which I'll be streaming on my Twitch

• 3 weeks later...

Been a couple of weeks since an update.  I'm going to start getting back into the save over the next week or so.  Small update!

October

31dca9d3e3efa728a7ceb32af4966d2e.png

Home - Leicester City
Pre-match Decided to try some other players out.  White starts over Jezdik, Calavia in for Jose, Slattery as the CM-A and Fomba in as a BBM.  See how it goes.
First half That's great football and it's 1 - 0 to Rotherham in the 7th minute.  Pass and move from several players, Alexandre plays it to Slattery who has so much space to hit in.  What a miss from Alexandre, we counter and he's 1 on 1 and spoons over.  It's 2 - 0 in the 45th minute.  Fomba picks up the lose ball, plays to Slattery he plays to Borghesi and he hits in.  Lowe replaces Gylfason at half time.
Second half Quick counter and Alexandre hits just wide, good efort.  25 minutes to go.  Smalling on for Chambers and Woodburn on for Alexandre.  3 - 0 in the 70th minute.  White gets done but Smalling cuts out the pass, very quick passing and we're already in there final third.  Slattery plays through Serdar who hits in.  It's 3 - 1.  Ball over and Smalling can't get to it, Carrillo crosses low and Leo Bapitistao hits in after 74 minutes.  Good movement and passing, Slattery plays in Borghesi but it's a very tight angle.  Full time!
Post-match Dominated the game, was great to see.  Shame about not keeping a clean sheet.

Borghesi at 19 for his first cap!

f625d74841682a1937884136c7115bb6.png

Away - West Ham United
Pre-match I've had too rotate alot here. We have Barcelona and then Manchester United and I want my first team fit.
First half Is it red!? It is!  Carter-Vickers gets sent off for  a second yellow!  Didn't even need to make the tackle, very silly.  It's half time.  We've had shots but no good shots.  We'll stay the same for next 15 minutes or so.
Second half Slatttery, Pasalic and Borghesi come on after 55 minutes for Alexandre, Caro and Fomba and we switch to counter.  Overload for the last 10 minutes.  Can we find a way through? WHAT A GOAL!!! That could be goal of the season!  Throw in from Chambers to Borghesi, he cuts inside and smashes it from 25 yards after 81 minutes!  82nd minute and we hit the bar from a Pasalic freekick!  We go back to counter.  That's so greedy, they clear our freekick and they counter us, they outnumber us but Tisci goes for a longshot instead of playing to one of the three in the middle.  Lucky escape I reckon.  It's full time.
Post-match Borghesi absolute worldy gives us 3 points.  We couldn't find a way through.

Home - Barcelona - Champions League Ground F
Pre-match Remember, we have no Mariano, he's injured.  We can do our best and that's all I ask for.  Neymar and Suarez start but Messi is on the bench!
First half Perhaps we've been the better side but it's half time with not alot of action.
Second half 63rd minute.  Caro and Woodburn replace Alexandre and Slattery.  Ter Stegen makes a great save to deny Woodburn!  If he'd of gone for precision over power we might be 1 - 0 up!  HE SCORED!  90th minute and Woodburn scores!  No way was I expecting a goal!  Borghesi plays it to him on the left side of the box, he dribbles down and hits it and Ter Stegen is rooted as it goes in!  Wow!  Full time!
Post-match All I have to show is this picture to show what my post-match comments are.  BRILLIANT.

e1f95d4ec13eb3359294cde92ba77483.png

HE SIGNED!  Got him without a min. fee.  He'll be here aslong as I play the save so delighted with this one.

5ee51c65b594c9a48367e07d4ab4e4a9.png

Home - Manchester United
Pre-match Probably the best team in the world.  We'll give them what we can.  Woodburn starts and Mariano goes to the bench for Alexandre.  Can we keep our no defeat record?  Can they keep theirs?
First half Half time, we've perhaps been better but it's quiet.
Second half Caro and Mariano replace Pasalic and Woodburn with 30 minutes to go.  What's going on? United have had 1 shot all game, we just can't get the goal.  Great football from Rotherham and De Gea makes a huge save!  Should of been a goal.  Fomba replaces Serdar for the last 5 minutes. NO!  85th minute and Manchester United go 1 - 0 up!  Shaw is ahead, Pogba pings to him, he crosses and Iheanacho is free to hit in.  It's full time!  How did we lose!?
Post-match Borghesi misses a huge chance and the last 5 minutes Manchester United came to life.  Shocked we lost that.

Stats for this match.  I mean, feels like a throw.

2d8d82ec1d5ecb37d500ecdf7949a64a.png

Away - ELF Cup 4th Round - Huddersfield Town
Pre-match Huge rotation.  Ntuli starts in goal aswell, deserves it after last time.
First half It's 1 - 0 to Huddersfield in the 17th minute.  Who scores... Borja Lasso, a former Miller.  It's 2 - 0 to Huddersfield, where did White go?  Ball over the the top, it's flicked on and Malen is in, we should be cutting those out.  Ntuli makes a great save to keep it from being 3, defense split open too easily again.  Half time.  Go mad at them and switch to counter.
Second half 55th minute.  Mariano, Slattery and Fabiano replace Chambers, Serder and Alexandre.  Overload time.  It's 2 - 1 in the 63rd minute.  We're hitting balls into the box, Fabiano hits one in and Lowe hits in at the back post.  It's 2 - 2 in the 66th minute.  Lovely play, spreading the pitch now.  Woodburn to Lowe, he crosses and Fomba heads in.  It's extra time!
Extra time first half 94th minute it's 3 - 2 to Rotherham.  Good passing, Woodburn lays off Caro and he smashes in from 20 yards.  
Extra time second half No good chances, it's full time.
Post-match We were awful until I switched tactic then we hammered them.  31 shots, 14 on target in the end!  

Good draw.  Only scary team left are Manchester United, good chance we can win the cup.

e55631dabfbdf240d5a3e247e9973da0.png

Away - Sunderland
Pre-match They're bottom.  I expect a win.
First half It's 1 - 0 in the 7th minute to Rotherham!  Slattery plays through Pasalic, his shot is saved and Borghesi hits in the rebound.  Wow, Mariano is in and he just hits it first time well over.  That's not the Mariano of last year!  He goes close but isn't as a CCC as the game makes, not a header from there.  Good chance again for Mariano and it's saved.  He's not playing well.  Half time.  I tell them to play better.
Second half Janssen smashes it and Audero has to make a great save to deny from 20 yards.  Chambers, Alexandre and Jose replace Bergstrom, Calavia and Mariano in the 60th minute. Changed it to pass more direct and my fullbacks to attack.  I feel we need more.  It's 2 - 0 to Rotherham in the 61st minute.  Serder plays a ball to Alexandre but his shot is saved.  Pasalic hits in the rebound.  It's 3 - 0 in the 37th minute.  Gylfason crosses, Slattery collects with his feet, not sure what happens if he's tackled or it's a miskick but Borghesi hits in the loose ball.  It's 3 - 1 in the 87th minute.  They're attacking now and playing wide.  Durm hits in a cross in and Janssen is free to smash it in the net.  Full time.
Post-match Last 10 minutes I should of changed back, or gone counter to keep a clean sheet.  Still a win is a win!

Another one has signed! My DM kept wanting a min fee aswell, I waited for him to get rid.  Another player who I hope will turn world class and be here for aslong as I continue the save.

0e6031122a8031309240eea8310fe828.png

End of month awards all go to Borghesi!

a7dbc6963ae99cd7178d9f6a4df6f923.png

a563e6405d5f89c8090282fb2cfcfa40.png

dea29f2f11cee5319e7358632b83e8bd.png

I hope that goal gets goal of the season, we'll see!

Another has signed!  I bought this guy for 21.5k. He was only a year into his new contract but was on a low wage and wanted money to go with his important.  He's 20 and currently in his second first team season with us.  Another I expect to be here for a long time.

404919ddad37aa16e306acce0e3b113a.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2017 at 14:38, nextqprmanager said:

SpillBlood, Very Good Career & I lost alot of work today reading this !

You give hope to the rest - it must be difficult managing Rotherham [ in a non patrionising way ]

ps. any stand-outs for you [ real players ]

I have Gribbin on loan

all the best

Gribbin is good, he's doing really well at Swansea, I just didn't need him anymore.  Players to put on your shortlist from the top of my head are Audero and Pinamonti.  Check where Harold Preciado is.  Keep your eye on players like Alfie Mawson, a few of the Manchester United youths etc and see if they get played.  Been a few weeks since I booted it up and I can't think for the life of me.  Audero is just so good in net though.

Archived