FM Online - Off Topic Thread

Marlow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dunga99:

This may be true but thank god I look younger than you, to be honest if I looked older than you they would be putting me in a coffin icon_wink.gif

See you what you started Stabwest icon_smile.gif

What!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Dudester, what games you got for your PS3?

Just ive been trying to look through varies websites for games and there just doesnt seem such a wide range/choice as for something like the 360 (I know has been out longer).

I have quite a few to be honest goldy. depends what type of games you want to play goldy?

i have cod4 resistance motorstorm unreal tournament 3 fifa unchrated warhawk rachet n clank heavenly sword f1 burnout

Varies games to be honest with you, im not a fan of stuff like COD4 on a console as im a fanboy of using a mouse and keyboard and is my online history playing them on a pc, I always find the controls are crap on a console with having to use the analogue stick and stuff to aim which I think is stupid lol. But thats a matter of opinion of course. Which is putting me off uncharted as of course I dont know how its controlled in terms of shooting, direction etc etc.

Is PES really that bad? I mean Ive played Fifa and I do have to say I liked the Be A Pro mode a lot but from previous PES versions Fifa doesnt "flow" as good in terms of movement of players.

Motorstorm does look good fun though from the online videos ive seen so far.

Ive never been a fan of Gran Tourismo though, I prefered Project Gotham Racing on the Xbox to it and the new one it also has bikes, obviously I havnt played it but that looks fun and Forza suppose to very good aswell. Where to GT i cant really see any alternatives (although the F1 game I would get as I like F1).

But im being put of an xbox cos of the red ring hardware failure, people say you shouldnt be put off by that but im afraid for me its a major deal if hardware fails so easily and is a common fault with a product.

Uncharted don't worry so much altho there is a quite a bit of shooting its got much more then just shooting to it puzzles platforming etc its more action adventure and imo awesome game.

for mouse and keyboard Ut3 on ps3 has knm support and mods which are not likely in 360 version altho can get on pc as well.

Forza if you not really a fan of gt can't see forza being much different as forza is ms competitor in the Simulator stakes.

Project gotham the dev team are now independent and not making project gotham anymore so any future racing titles may well be multi platform.

Also played a demo of pes on ps3 and it has horrible framerate issues and apparently online isn't great either so if you not sure on fifa I would give footy games a miss for the time being.

The red ring issue was one of the reasons i went with ps3 to be honest Goldy and if you have a problem with ps3 they will replace the ps3 next day usually while xbox has taken some 3 to 4 weeks.

I think the wider variety of games will be on ps3 as 360 tends to include alot of 1st person shooters. i know there is more games now on 360 but its not just now you have to consider.

As I am not at home this week.

If anyone has some spare time on their hands and knows a little bit about working on screenshots, just basic stuff like Boxing in an Option, putting some text on it etc then give me a shout, need some stuff doing for some screenshots in the FMO Basics thread.

Dudester:

Im thinking I might just bite the bullet and buy a PS3, seeing as its also a Blue Ray player of course.

I love Football so that would be difficult to stay away from really!

But I think there might be enough games to keep me going for a while until more games come out, for example GTA, Metal Gear etc.

Going to look into a few more games tonight, see what else takes my fancy I think!

away with these x-boxes and PS3, best sticking with the segs mega drive icon_cool.gif

am still playing Sonic the hedgehog still on the green hill level its bloody hard, 17 years and going strong can't wait till I get to the next level.

Originally posted by stabwest:

away with these x-boxes and PS3, best sticking with the segs mega drive icon_cool.gif

am still playing Sonic the hedgehog still on the green hill level its bloody hard, 17 years and going strong can't wait till I get to the next level.

Damn stabwest your old mate, prolly older than Old Git!!!! Sonic was pish as well!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

Damn stabwest your old mate, prolly older than Old Git!!!! Sonic was pish as well!!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sonic was ace! Andy you were probably a Mario Fanboy I bet!! icon_biggrin.gif

Columns, Road Rash, Fifa International Soccer.........some class Megadrive games they were!

Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

Damn stabwest your old mate, prolly older than Old Git!!!! Sonic was pish as well!!! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

am NOT that old icon_biggrin.gif

But I do remember David Nareys toe poke icon14.gif

Classic Megadrive Games. Who can ever forget NHL with the in game fight option! Now that was classic.

And as for Stab remembering David Nareys toepoke, bet he remembers Jim Baxter sitting on the ball against England as well! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Old Git:

bet he remembers Jim Baxter sitting on the ball against England as well! icon_biggrin.gif

as I said am not that old.

but I do remember Peter McCloy swinging from a crossbar after Septic scored a pen against us, I think.

oh and I remember Forest lifting the European Cup in 1980.

Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Sonic was ace! Andy you were probably a Mario Fanboy I bet!! icon_biggrin.gif

Columns, Road Rash, Fifa International Soccer.........some class Megadrive games they were! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not own either a Nintendo or a mega drive, I had a life back in the day!! icon_cool.gif

And yes Sensible Soccer was just one of thee best computer games ever made for the Atari and the Amiga!!!

They just don't make computer games like they used to these days.

Originally posted by cms186:

hi, i would like to know what is the best ( and quickest ) way to contact a mod regarding a topic i wish to create in this forum, cheers, Chris

Depends whats easier for yourself! icon_smile.gif

Im available on MSN, details in profile.

Hi

Just a quick message to the The Anglo/Scots Sunday Clan lads. I've been reading your thread (kudos for the good work) and I'm wondering how your managed to get to 2018 already icon_eek.gif. Do you holiday in between games or maybe just play lots of sessions.

I personally think our runs pretty fast but any tips you could give me would be great.

Thanks

we have rules in place to stop the time wasters icon_wink.gif

we mainly play on a Sunday, hence our name The Anglo/Scots Sunday Clan, aka the ASS clan icon_biggrin.gif

for pre-season we never holiday, during the week I'll host mini sessions where its on 5mins Auto force and the game will move a week at a time, where players can come and go freely, these mini sessions could last up to 5hours as it runs so slowly, but it gives everyone enough time to stick in bids re-sign players etc etc.

or players will email me with certain info about there players or staff i.e transfer list, contracts, asst manager details and so on.

for normal game play on a Sunday its set on 30secs 10% continue. and bearing in mind about 90% of the normal T+T that can hold up a game has already been done.

oh last but not least we have some of the best FMers around icon_biggrin.gif and IMO Sigames should give them all a free copy of the game. :HINT:HINT:

Cheers, I don't really what to do rolling T&Ts. Trouble is someone always bidding or scouting for someone, so I basically need faster players icon_smile.gif.

Would like to see some sort of connection speed thingy in the next FM like you get on other online games. So you know if someone was lagging the game.

Thanks for the information guysicon_smile.gif

Originally posted by dudester:

Is it me or has the amount of rubbish increased since Goldy did the revamp on FAQS. icon_wink.gif

Either that or its easter and FML servers are down again. icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah I was thinking that myself that his new help thread has not one post in it apart from his. I mean it's not difficult to spot just people are too damn lazy to read the forum before posting.

Originally posted by dudester:

Is it me or has the amount of rubbish increased since Goldy did the revamp on FAQS. icon_wink.gif

Either that or its easter and FML servers are down again. icon_biggrin.gif

Think its cos they look at the new one, which aint finished, then don't bother with the old one!

Originally posted by stabwest:

jesus Andy you really must of ****ed of the Easter bunny.

Look it was bad enough watching Pool self destruct yesterday you didn't have to point out my lack of eggs as well ya mean ol bar steward icon_biggrin.gif

Archived