[WIP] [FM16] Expanded World Cup with qualifying.

This is an extended World Cup, up to 40 teams, with qualifying system, that has been briefly talked about being in place from 2026 onwards.

I've gone for a five team group at the moment, but I might tweak the system a little (perhaps implementing something like the shootouts they have after a draw in the Scottish League Cup at the moment), just to add a more competitive edge to it, as I'm finding some groups are done and dusted before the last game.

I've only simmed through one running of the competition, but it worked fine, and also worked with other custom dbs, so should be compatible across the board.

Will keep tweaking, with the intention of having a fully working version with qualifying systems refined, that I'm 100% (or as close to) happy with by the time 17 comes out.

Link here: http://www.megafileupload.com/bpM5/Advanced_Ext_WC_BD59F3CB-3522-4EE7-B565-CF1A14503178.fmf

Suggestions, problems, etc, welcome.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello. I'm trying to make a World Cup file for 2018 with real groups. I've managed to make the groups work but I have two problems: first is that this removes other continental cups and world cup qualification stages and second is that the next world cup has the same groups and teams as 2018. I know that this is different from this file, but can you help me?

How did you make continental comps not disappear?

And the download links are dead.. I'd love to take a look at the file that you made.

16 hours ago, beck7ham said:

Hello. I'm trying to make a World Cup file for 2018 with real groups. I've managed to make the groups work but I have two problems: first is that this removes other continental cups and world cup qualification stages and second is that the next world cup has the same groups and teams as 2018. I know that this is different from this file, but can you help me?

How did you make continental comps not disappear?

And the download links are dead.. I'd love to take a look at the file that you made.

I'll have to crack open the editor and have a look. It's on my list of editing to dos, so it will happen soon. I'll keep you posted. 

On 05/12/2017 at 02:49, beck7ham said:

Thank you. Quick question, did you edit the existing world cup or did you make a whole new tournament when you were making this file?

I created a new tournament, far easier.

On 06/12/2017 at 14:53, CCSantos said:

@BruceyNTFC, the download for FM17 is offline (website problem).

Please, upload again to forum?

Cheers from Brazil. :)

I don't have FM17 any more so I'm not sure which version I was using as I have a few saved from my trial and error phase. I'll be releasing an FM18 version at some point, but not in the immediate future. I won't be going back to my older versions. 

• 3 months later...

The FM18 version will be coming hopefully this week. I intended to test last night but had a vomity three year old scupper that plan.

FYI it’s now a 64 team WC and I’ve completely overhauled the international setup.

So, I'm just about there, but I need some fresh eyes on it to work out what's causing me the following problems.

1.) The extended World Cup fails to generate fixtures after the group stages. I know I've done something foolish, but I can't see it!

2.) The extended Copa America (Oh yeah, I extended everything) also crashes after the group stage. Now, what's weird about this, is that I've copy and pasted the schedules from the working UEFA Championships (And also tried the working CAF and AFC championships.)

So if anyone wants a download and a look under the hood, you're probably going to have fresher eyes than me, and might well spot the solution sooner.

Also - I've stumped myself on cup tie mapping in the continental cups, because best place third place teams also qualify. If someone has a way to make that work, do tell me!

Cheers, Brucey.

Final International Data.fmf

18 hours ago, BruceyNTFC said:

So, I'm just about there, but I need some fresh eyes on it to work out what's causing me the following problems.

1.) The extended World Cup fails to generate fixtures after the group stages. I know I've done something foolish, but I can't see it!

2.) The extended Copa America (Oh yeah, I extended everything) also crashes after the group stage. Now, what's weird about this, is that I've copy and pasted the schedules from the working UEFA Championships (And also tried the working CAF and AFC championships.)

So if anyone wants a download and a look under the hood, you're probably going to have fresher eyes than me, and might well spot the solution sooner.

Also - I've stumped myself on cup tie mapping in the continental cups, because best place third place teams also qualify. If someone has a way to make that work, do tell me!

Cheers, Brucey.

Final International Data.fmf

This sounds awesome. So far beyond my capabilities with the editor though, unfortunately! Looking forward to giving the finished product a go though!

Archived