Benzema thinks Deschamp 'bowed to racists' by not picking him

Razzler

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/01/karim-benzema-accuses-didier-deschamps-france-euro-2016

Benzema pulling out the racism thing for not being in the squad. Hot on the heels of Cantona saying similar about players with North African backgrounds

Not the involvement in the sex tape blackmail thing that you left out for then? It's the North African thing, yeah? Sure?

I thought he was suspended already anyway and people knew he wasn't going, was that not the case?

It's not a tournament without the French bickering with each other

Cantona is a victim of his own character... Or at least I hope so, because he can't possibly be serious...

France have built their success in the late-90s on a multicultural national team, where many key players were non-white (and not even entirely French, in some cases), so I can't see the FFF suddenly developing a racist edge... Benzema (who never showed particular fondness for the NT anyway) has been rightfully left out due to serious off-the-pitch issues.

Ben Arfa? Is he really worth mentioning? A good season in Nice can't make it up for a career that more or less has fizzled out on the bigger stage.

Archived