FOOTBALL MANAGER HANDHELDâ„¢ 2008 SET FOR CHRISTMAS RELEASE

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

The editor will be updated and available for download in advance of the games release (and include the new facilities for editing managers).. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In advance? Before the game is released? Unusual move, given we'd have nothing to edit... icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Younger Crayola:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

The editor will be updated and available for download in advance of the games release (and include the new facilities for editing managers).. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In advance? Before the game is released? Unusual move, given we'd have nothing to edit... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will - the editor comes with a snapshot of the games data and because it creates a file which is applied onto the game you'd be able to setup changes before you have the game itself ... then just load them onto a memory card for when you get the game.

(and knowing you lot it isn't just transfers you'd want to do - critiquing individual abilities is fairly popular ...)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> (and knowing you lot it isn't just transfers you'd want to do - critiquing individual abilities is fairly popular ...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your right there icon_wink.gif. I'm not sure if your allowed to give anything away at this point but will we be able to edit nationalities/positions so that we could make ourselves in the game and "legends." It would also be good if we could put the exact date of birth in instead of just the birth year. Thanks

In advance? Before the game is released? Unusual move, given we'd have nothing to edit... icon_biggrin.gif

You will - the editor comes with a snapshot of the games data and because it creates a file which is applied onto the game you'd be able to setup changes before you have the game itself ... then just load them onto a memory card for when you get the game.

That's me told! Pretty funky though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrging:

Any chance that you can use wifi to play with someone else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can - but only in one off matches to prove who has the better team (or who is the better manager) at present. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Mr. Vaughan has made a slight mistake here, being slightly picky, you will not be able to play any matches via Wi-Fi, however, you can play one-off matches via the Ad-Hoc, with managers within range of your PSP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by greedy:

Hi guys,I want to ask you sth about FM07.Is there any way to buy players who are coloured in grey?If you know how to do it(if it is possible) please write me an email to greedy86@abv.bg

Thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can't buy them

hi

i was wondering wether on fm 2008 on psp well be able to make half time team talks like the pc version.

also big question is will leeds start on -15 on fm 08 handheldreply would be veery much aprreciated thank you

Hey SI! What about giving us ps3 owners some footy manager heaven?? Surly if the psp can handle it then the mighty ps3 can blitz it like a good pc? Having played every one of the titles from the original to psp version i, like so many others wold love to play in hd perfection on our ps3.

The editor will be updated and available for download in advance of the games release (and include the new facilities for editing managers)..

Great, i was thinking to write about it in wishlist thread....we could download it here than?

• SI Staff

There are some screenshots of the new look skin here:

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/sports/footballmanagerhandheld2008/images.html

(and of course the old Flexion skin is still available for those people who prefer that one, the new one however is much more easily visble on screen in poor lighting - ie. train, bus or whatever)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Duffy:

Take your managing skills on the road with the third iteration of the most realistic representation of the challenging world of football on PSP

LONDON (September 12th, 2007) – SEGA Europe Ltd. and Sports Interactive today announced that Football Manager Handheld™ 2008 for the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system will be in stores before Christmas 2007. Football Manager Handheld™ 2008 will include a host of new features, which will enrich the portable management experience.

While a new skin and lay-out makes it easier to navigate for players, the addition of a reserve squad doubles the amount of squad members players can use. The player can now also customise their tactics and share them with their friends. The match engine has been optimised as well, meaning the player will spend more time playing and less time waiting.

“Once again, Football Manager Handheldâ„¢ 2008 raises the bar for handheld management games, with the team squeezing in as many feature requests from the community as were possible.†commented Miles Jacobson, Studio Director of Sports Interactive. “When we first started on the quest for a real pick up and play football management game, we didn’t even believe ourselves that the game would be able to have the depth that is does, whilst still being so much fun to play in bite size chunks, or on long journeys and holidays.â€

With all-new features, greater accessibility, more teams to choose from and a depth only seen from Sports Interactive, Football Manager Handheldâ„¢ 2008 offers a management experience better than ever experienced before on a handheld console.

Football Manager Handheldâ„¢ 2008 for PSP is set for release before Christmas 2007. For further information please go to www.sigames.com or the completely re-vamped www.footballmanager.net website. For all SEGA assets please visit www.sega-press.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't wait for this to come out.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eddie_The_Hatter:

Well for me its the p.c or PSP version,What do you guys reckon ? As for the PSP does anybody else have a very noisy UMD drive on the new Slim&Lite ?? Mine is well noisy whilst loading etc !.Many thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not got a slim and lite yet* - still got my old style one (having 3 kids keeps my 'toy' purchases to a minimum unfortunately icon_frown.gif ).

On the bright side for you - FMH doesn't access the UMD once its loaded so you won't get any noise while playing icon_biggrin.gif

*Can you hear my jealousy icon_wink.gif - they look very nice icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hernan23:

yES! We want the features! Now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'tisn't my place to announce such things I'm afraid - just a humble developer me, not a marketing bod (trust me I'd be more than happy to blab about the game as I'm (cough) a little enthusiastic about it ... but I'd like to be around to work on the next version so I can't icon_wink.gif ).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vane:

That planet in the Hitchhiker's Guide which got shot of marketing men and other interfering bods in the middle had the right idea! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps, but as we're descended from them we're somewhat boned.

I like the way assessements of your players now include current form. It was confusing have your ass. manager rave about a player who's averaging well under 6 in ratings. Plus the ass. man usually thought most of your squad were first team players when they clearly weren't.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridley99:

glad to see that you can make your own formations, it seems like a few of our ideas have been put into the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've tried to listen to all the feedback people have given and evolve the game with this in mind ....

(and obviously if your idea didn't make it into FM PSP08 then it might still pop-up in 09....)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

glad to see some sort of interactive league table whilst your playing the game in the screenshots, think this was suggested by myself and other.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very happy to see an interactive league table. I also requested this and I know its only a small thing but i love seeing how a score affects your placings whilst the match is ongoing. Nothing more satisfying than seeing an 85th minute goal see you go to top of the table in the last game of the season ............

Im not sure if I like the skin though. I know its similar to the PC version but looks a little clumsy on the PSP, not rounded and pretty.

Does anyone know if the logos are still compatible and whether player pics are now welcome?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> any sort of press release/release date news yet... its only a few weeks off now aint it?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aww... I read play.com wrong icon_frown.gif

it says 30/11/07 not 30/10/07 just realised how bored im gonna be for the next month -.-

is there any chance of the GREEK LEAUGE? I can't believe that you did not included in the fm2007. here in greece everyone is playing this game. No offence with other leagues but i think it deserves to be in the game. In greece this game is top in the sales.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 20daisy20:

Why does it suck, do you know how much better the pc version is with 2d pitch </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes the pc version is way better with 2d pitch. How ever have you played the 1st Championship Manager on PSP? The 2d match engine is beyond awful, i love 2d match engine on pc but on PSP it was so flawed, it also made the game really suck, the stats also meant crap. You could beat Man Utd then lose to Kidderminster next game. I have not brought another Manager game for PSP, Championship Manager tryed to fit everything in from pc and the PSP could not handle it. So if 2d engine means crap game then its not needed!

Archived