One Step Forward, Two Steps Backwards

ashton321

19560d32546dd6fa35c714b61df6c059.jpg

So I decided that it is time for me to have a Journeyman Career. My aim is to mainly focus on the European game but I am not limiting myself to Europe as I do love Asian Football and I would imagine spending some of my career over there. I also like the idea of going to Colombia at some stage. All in all it is a very organic and fluid career that will allow me to change clubs and challenges with relative ease. I have aims of resurrecting some of the games greats from a long time ago such as Reims and maybe some others that have fallen but not to far like AC Milan.

Either way we will see where the game takes me.

I am playing on Classic or Touch or whatever it is called now. This is due to me not having as much time as I once did. I have started as an Unemployed English manager with Sunday League experience. And now let the game begin.

Lowestoft%20Town.png

Lowestoft Town

League before me

Fixtures before me

A decent little club that find themselves in a very odd predicament. Despite being from Suffolk they find themselves in the Northern section of the National League. I cannot imagine that this is helping the clubs finances very much. Anyway they offered me the role and I decided that it would be a decent enough fist step into management for me.

They presently find themselves 21st in the league but only two points off escaping the drop zone. I am not to sure what the standard is like in this league nor am I sure about what the players are like but we will find out. The club have just been knocked out the 2nd Qualifying round of the FA Cup which is a shame, but that seemed like the last straw for the former management team. What is the old saying about now being able to focus on the league.

Lowestoft%20Town.png

Lowestoft Town - 2015/16

League - When I came in I had a look at the team and really felt like we were good enough to string a decent run of results together and work towards the top half of the league. It did not happen we won a few drew a few but lost more. We could not get consistency and it was a horrible up and down season where not a great deal happened to be honest. In the end our final position really flattered our performance.

Competitions - Out of the FA Cup before I joined and in the trophy we lost in the middle of a god awful run of form

Transfers - None of these were mine

Finance - Oh dear

Michael Spillane - Did ok for me this year. Was the most solid player I had.

Andrew Frist - Stepped into a more attacking role for me and was inconsistent but when he was good my word was he good.

Jack Ainsley -Decent if not unremarkable really.

Next Year

I am outta here, did not really enjoy my time here to be honest and I don't see the point carrying on here if I am not enjoying it. God knows where I will go but somewhere more fun that here. I don't know why I hated it so much but I did never mind hey.

Season       Nation         Team          Position            Notes and Achievements

2015/16     England     Lowestoft             14th                       Stayed Up

Escudos-SD-Logrones.jpg

SD Longores

League before me

Fixtures before me

Offer

Well I see this as a step up of sorts.

This club although recently promoted into the lower tier of the Spanish Leagues the club comes from a bankrupt former CD Longores. The former club even managed a few seasons in the Top League in Spain so all in all I do see this as a small step up.

I had waited a while for a club. I was on the verge of adding more leagues and very nearly took my usual trip out to the Asian Leagues to build the reputation up. A step abroad this early in the career was not what I had expected but all the best made plans are made to be varied. Non the less an interesting challenge for me going forward.

Escudos-SD-Logrones.jpg

SD Longores

Sacked - Well that did not go well. In just over 20 games I managed to record just a further 10 points and I was well relegated. The board very kindly decided to sack me before I was relegated at the end of the year but I had already been mathematically relegated.

As to where next I am now considering adding more leagues as I am struggling to get this career going. I just need one decent team and I will be on my way.

Season       Nation         Team          Position            Notes and Achievements

2015/16     England     Lowestoft             14th                       Stayed Up
2016/17     Spain       S.D. Logrones          18th                       Sacked

grimsby244-34859.png

Grimsby

Offer

Now this is a good offer. Grimsby are a really good team and one that I think I could get promoted from the National League (I hate that name). Last year they just missed out on promotion by finishing 2nd. This year they are now 5th in the league and in the play off position which is really good place to take them over.

I am hopeful that I can push this team up the league and challenge for the title, or at the very least the playoff spots. I really think this could be the team that will kick start my career

grimsby244-34859.png

Grimsby Town - 2017/18

League - I came in the club were 5th by the time the season ended I was 4th, I suppose that is somewhat of a success. I am tinged with a little bit of bitterness as it could have been better, I would say we underachieved a little bit.

Competitions - We won in the FA Cup 1st round in my first game. We then lost to Milwall who are two leagues above. In the FA Trophy we were fantastic and really were the best team and won the cup by a bit of a canter.

Transfers - None of these were mine

Finance - Really good, got decent cash for promotion and also for FA Trophy win

Stars

Elliot List - On loan from Gillingham and was decent, did very well in this league I will try to get him again next year

Craig Clay - Great little midfield general in my side. Very solid and does a lot

Joseph Jones -A young lad from Crewe on loan another solid player, another I will try to keep on loan.

Next Year

Finally I have found a team that will allow me to kick start my career. Now into the League system I will try to ensure that Grimsby keep their league status next year by staying with them. I intend to add a few players in the summer but all in all I don't think our squad is too far away.

Season       Nation         Team              Position            Notes and Achievements

2015/16     England        Lowestoft               14th                       Stayed Up
2016/17     Spain          S.D. Logrones           18th                       Sacked
2017/18     England         Grimsby                4th                        Promotion and FA Trophy winner

grimsby244-34859.png

Grimsby Town - 2018/19

League - We did about as well as could be expected, we are miles away from some of the bigger teams in the league and much better than the poorer teams. The definition of mid table obscurity

Competitions - Nothing really of note, we did knock out Coventry in FA Cup

Transfers - A lot of youngsters came in and a few more experienced names

Finance - Have improved youth facilities so these took a hit

Stars

Abu Ogogo - New signing and did excellent all year

Paidrag Amond -The best of the offensive players

Joseph Jones -Another very solid year

Next Year

Well I am off again on my travels. I let my contract run down here and I have decided that I will know try for pastures new. I have no idea where though

Season       Nation         Team                League                 Position            Notes and Achievements

2015/16     England         Lowestoft           Vanarama South         14th                       Stayed Up
2016/17     Spain           S.D. Logrones       Second Division        18th                       Sacked
2017/18     England         Grimsby             National League        4th                        Promotion and FA Trophy winner
2018/19     England         Grimsby             League 2               12th                       Survived

Ujpest-FC.png

Ujpest FC - 2019/20

League before me

Offer

And no time for something a little bit different. I am off to Hungary, this is a big club well big at least in Hungary. The club have 20 League titles and 9 Cups here in Hungary so a really decent team. They are presently ranked as the 5th best team in Hungary, I reckon at very least here I should get my first taste of European Football if not a title or a cup.

6144-3070.png

Coventry FC - 2020/21

Offer - Good offer, presently 22nd, so I decided to take the job.

League - Doesn't look too good but some really good results for me led me to keeping the team up. 26 out of 60 points is decent for a struggling team in my reign

Competitions - Previous manager didn't like cups seemingly

Transfers - Not mine

Finance - Makes recruitment tough

Stars

Matty James - Too good for this league one I need to keep

Kyle Hammond -Decent little player who did well in my tactic

Joseph Jones -Loanee from Watford who did well

Next Year

I am definitely here next year, its going to be a slog but a more secure finish would keep me happy. Now for only my 2nd pre season which is odd for a career spanning 7 years

Season       Nation         Team                League                 Position            Notes and Achievements

2015/16     England         Lowestoft           Vanarama South         14th                       Stayed Up
2016/17     Spain           S.D. Logrones       Second Division        18th                       Sacked
2017/18     England         Grimsby             National League        4th                        Promotion and FA Trophy winner
2018/19     England         Grimsby             League 2               12th                       Survived
2019/20     Hungary         Ujpest              Division 1             N/A                        Sacked
2020/21     England         Coventry            League 1               19th                       Survived

6144-3070.png

Coventry FC - 2021/22

League - Amazing really when you look at last year, scored a stupid amount of goals and really could have won the league

Competitions - Nothing of note, knocked out of cup by team who were promoted out of Championship

Transfers - Lot of young players came in to make squad better but also gives us an exciting future.

Finance - Decent enough following the promotion

Stars

Matty James - Another excellent year from the main man. One of the players who will thrive in higher league

Pat Pemberton -Wing back with a very exciting future

Ben Carter -Came on loan again for a 2nd season and did really well. I would like to keep him

Next Year

I don't see any reason for me to leave. I think the only way of me leaving would be for a big club who are struggling and maybe relegated out of the top level. I have no real intentions of going anywhere but in the summer there is always a lot of jobs open.

2019/20     Hungary         Ujpest              Division 1             N/A                        Sacked
2020/21     England         Coventry            League 1               19th                       Survived
2021/22     England         Coventry            League 1               4th                        Promotions

Looks like you were doing well at Grimsby and now back to form at Coventry. Looks like England is the place for you to be so far in this career!

Seems that way pal as soon as I go anywhere else it does not go well for me. Having another decent season with Super Cov as well

6144-3070.png

Coventry FC - 2022/23

League - Spent a lot of time in the upper echelons of the table so to finish where we did was a bit of a disappointment but I would have took this at the start of the year

Competitions - Nothing still don't like cups

Transfers - Just the one this year for me, but a very good player

Finance - Slow but steady imporvement

Stars

Matty James - Run out of ways of saying how good this lad is for me

Pat Pemberton -Another fantastic season from the young lad

Ben Carter -Another year another loan season and another fantastic performance

Next Year

I am not sure about next year really. I feel like I wont be able to take Coventry to much further without massive investment and I don't see that coming so who knows

2021/22     England         Coventry            League 1               4th                        Promotions
2022/23     England         Coventry            Championship           15th                       Survived

30svjol.png

Bursaspor- 2023/24

League - Took over with the club 6th, we did very well and managed to get the club into 3rd and just made short of a Champions League spot

Competitions - Fantastic in the league and got knocked out early in cup

Transfers - Just the one came in from me on loan decent but nothing much

Finance - Fantastic getting ready for big Transfer spend

Stars

Karem Demibay - A cracker one of the best players at the club.

Emerson -Did really well this year and one I need to hold onto

Romario -Wing back fantastic enough did really well this year

Next Year

Next year I can really push onto the League title. I am going to be busy in the summer and bringing in some bigger names to really get this club pushing towards title.

2022/23     England         Coventry            Championship           15th                       Survived
2023/24     Turkey          Bursapor            Super League            3rd                       Took over in December

Quite the step up there. :thup:

Was a massive step up, very shocked to get the gig but obviously chuffed.

Bursaspor have great potential - strong fanbase and good youth set-up (in real life at least) and they should be in their new stadium in the game by now.

Great start!

Youth facilities is Superb at present, we currently play in the Timsah Arena so not sure if that's new or not. Was a really good start so looking to build onto next year

30svjol.png

Bursaspor- 2024/25

League - Fantastic stuff, we took the lead right at the start of the year and kept up all year. We did not look in any danger of loosing the league at any stage. I am amazed at how easy this really was.

Competitions - Turkish cup was easy enough as we won every game. In the Euro Cup we did very well and won every game up until we played Napoli who knocked us out, they eventually won this competition

Transfers - Fairly busy a few big names came into the squad. At the start of the year I was desperate for a keeper and was glad to get two decent ones.

Finance - Looking good will only increase in the next year or so with the Champions League cash

Stars

Karem Demibay - Another fantastic year for the young man. Signed him again for a longer term to fend off the bigger clubs.

Emerson -Wing back again was fantastic for me. Managed to sign him up for a longer team deal as well.

Diego - Came in January and took the right back slot for his own. Amazing and a fantastic purchase.

Next Year

I am unsure really what to do. I don't know if I should hang about here and try to get another title and have a tilt at the Champions League or move to pastures new and try and get a club in one of the bigger European Nations.

2023/24     Turkey          Bursapor            Super League            3rd                       Took over in December
2024/25     Turkey          Bursapor            Super League            1st                       Champions

Well decision made.

I could not think of any real reason to leave at the moment, I have decided to stick where I am for another year at least. I will this time I will try to bring through as many young Turkish players as possible though as well

Archived