[FM2016] Scotland - The Junior System (WIP)

No rest for the wicked...:lol:

I've wanted to do this ever since I got the game in beta phase, but decided to get the real pyramid up and running first. Bringing the full junior system will be a long old job, but one I think will be well worth the work! I'll be making the system exactly as it exists currently, while merging with the current system. All Superleague champions will no longer be stagnant, and will now have a shot at entry to the professional ranks.

Here's how it'll be set up:

Junior_System.png

EDIT: After research and playing around with the editor, I've changed my mind on how to set this up (hence the new pic above). It's so much easier to work in the editor leaving the levels to 5 as they are, so I'll give the junior sides their shot at promotion to the Highland & Lowland leagues. Also, I've put the SoS, Eos and Caley divisions at the foot of the junior pyramid to reflect real-life reputation and competition levels.

Bear with me - this one might take a while!

I'd have thought your West East and North Superleagues would feed into the Highland and Lowland Leagues, thus having relegation from the Highland League, putting those 2 in at Level 5 and the Supers at level 6.

Can you give examples of teams in the North Superleague that aren't in the Caledonian League, by the way?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the junior leagues start at tier 7, below the South/East of Scotland Leagues?

Either way, good luck with the project!

It may do, but the junior superleagues reputation is equal to (if not higher than) the Highland and Lowland leagues - just that the clubs in them have not gone for the opportunity in the seniors. The Scottish Cup essentially treats them as equals for example.

I'd have thought your West East and North Superleagues would feed into the Highland and Lowland Leagues, thus having relegation from the Highland League, putting those 2 in at Level 5 and the Supers at level 6.

Can you give examples of teams in the North Superleague that aren't in the Caledonian League, by the way?

Now this is an idea I may follow, come to think of it! The three leagues below Highland/Lowland would work well actually.

The North Caley has only 6 teams currently, the best being Golspie and Orkney currently. Rumours abound of Shetland joining soonish. The North Superleague caters more for north of Dundee, with teams like Culter and Banks O Dee (who want in the Highland league asap).

I'll post up a full team list later :)

One suggestion would be to place the NCL below the North Juniors and have it feed into the NRJFA West Division. The NCL is pretty much an amateur league that is senior by historical anomaly (probably due it housing many HL reserve sides down the years). As for the SOS and EOS I'd argue they are on level with the District Leagues (see Lillyhouse jumping ship to the juniors) in the East and West but ofc reflecting that in a pyramid is kind of a nightmare. One idea might be to have the SOS feed into the Ayrshire district thus be on par with the Central Division 2. The EOS would primarily feed into the East South Region but Burntisland would be a East North Region team under ESJFA boundaries.

These are just ideas ofc and I'm aware getting it perfect isn't easy given Scottish non-league football being a fractured state of affairs with numerous grades etc.

Shouldn't the North Caledonian League be in your other file though with it being officially classed as a Senior League due to its affiliation with the Scottish Football Association ??

Shouldn't the North Caledonian League be in your other file though with it being officially classed as a Senior League due to its affiliation with the Scottish Football Association ??

As it isn't part of the official pyramid, and has no prospect of being so, I left it out. Thought it would seem a bit silly choosing a team that was forever trapped in a 6 team division with 10 league games a season!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived