Big Players Who've Failed

Have any of you seen any high-profile players fall dramatically from grace in your saves?

I ask because I've just spotted this - http://i.imgur.com/H4jHfya.png

It seems that in the 2017/18 season he got two long-term injuries, and never recovered. He couldn't even get a regular starting spot at Leicester in the Championship!

Now been released by Leicester. Absolutely crazy.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

I'm also interested in this because I think it might occur far too little. I never see it.

In this case it was actually injuries that made him fall from grace, but does it ever happen that a big player simply don't perform in his new team?

IRL examples:

Fernando Torres from Liverpool to Chelsea

Verón from Lazio to Man U

Kaka from Milan to RM

Does these sort of flops ever happen in FM? I've never had an issue where I just can't get my signings to work unless they are injured or getting old (calculated risk).

Wayne Rooney. And I'm at Manchester United. Tolerated him for a season where he scored something like 4 goals. Flogged him to Spurs for £7m, now lucky if he gets on the bench for them (season 4). Didn't score a single goal in season 3. Absolutely finished.

I think the games got something against Rooney because he crashed and burned in my save as well. Nowhere near the England team after season 2 and spent the rest of his career at Monaco after falling out with LVG due to lack of playing time.

I think the games got something against Rooney because he crashed and burned in my save as well. Nowhere near the England team after season 2 and spent the rest of his career at Monaco after falling out with LVG due to lack of playing time.

I think he starts the game "finished". Certainly as a very top end, Champions League level talent. Useless. Especially for the ridiculous money he starts on.

Sergio Aguero in my Real Madrid save is suffering from Radamel Falcaolitis. 6 League goals all season so far with a month to go. Glad my wingers (Ronaldo and Bale) are chipping in

I'm also interested in this because I think it might occur far too little. I never see it.

In this case it was actually injuries that made him fall from grace, but does it ever happen that a big player simply don't perform in his new team?

IRL examples:

Fernando Torres from Liverpool to Chelsea

Verón from Lazio to Man U

Kaka from Milan to RM

Does these sort of flops ever happen in FM? I've never had an issue where I just can't get my signings to work unless they are injured or getting old (calculated risk).

Archived