Youth Candidates bug or unlucky??

I'm in my third season at Arsenal and and have the highest youth facilities and recruitment. My head of youth development is Bruno Conti yet the highest rated player I've had in about 20 goes is 2 1/2 stars

The reason why I think it might be a bug is because in the previous two new intakes I had I was able to see the value of the player and also the current ability was very scattered now though all of them have half a gold star. Other teams seem fine.

Is this a bug or am i unlucky?

Assuming you have progressed to one of the best teams (likely as Arsenal) a minimum estimated potential of 2½ stars is actually a very good player for a top team. If you have a squad of world class players, 2½ stars can mean world class, especially with the right attributes.

I would say that 95% of the youth intake consists of players that will never make it into the first team of a top shelf club like Arsenal. Once in a blue moon though your youth scouting and/or your HoYD will unearth a true gem. It won't happen in every intake - for the most part you'll be lucky if a couple of them have sufficiently high PA for eventually to become a backup or squad player. The rest you just train for a while, then pass them on to smaller clubs.

I remember back in FM07 I managed Atletico Madrid for 8 seasons and not even once did my academy produce a decent youngster. It'd taken me like two/three seasons to get top notch facilities and for five/six years no one even average came up. I think my best youngster had like 135 PA :thup:

as I often experience the same thing with Chelsea.

There's no shortage of teams bidding for youth candidates in London, and so the talent crop produced there is spread thin across all the clubs, and their various youth recruitment levels and capabilities. Supply/Demand is just too leveraged in such a team heavy city.

Archived