Blamed for selling Gerrard

Interesting, in my save game that transfer fell through. Unsure why, he was not injured at the time. Ironic though that around september I released him of his contract so I can meet some of my boards obligations as part of my new 3 season deal. To bing in young players and develop them.

Then the board told me it was an aberration to sell Gerrard and the fans aren't happy.

Feels a bit harsh, as I took over when his transfer was already in place!

Has hit my performance review hard because the fans are all mad at me...

This might be one for the bugs forum. No way you should get blamed for something that was set in motion before you ever took over.

As far as I'm concerned, there's way too much of this, "Your decision to sell [player] is regarded by fans as an aberration" nonsense. Yet I'm never asked about why I chose to sell a player on or let him leave on a free, not even by my players. Minor annoyance, though, I'm not sure it's ever materially affected my board confidence.

Feels a bit harsh, as I took over when his transfer was already in place!

Has hit my performance review hard because the fans are all mad at me...

Yeah I had the same, guess the board have to blame someone! Started with the latest patch, so the transfer was already in place.

If only you had an option to explain to the fans why you let a certain player go to calm them down. I sold a 31 year old Virgil Van Dijk who was a popular figure in my Milan team for £40m at a time where I took over and we were struggling financially. Then started playing a young Italian who is pretty much going to be as good as Maldini. The fans went mental.

I just wish I could have said "he's gone because that fee was ridiculous and I have a better potential who now needs to play anyway"

Archived