Coach Fired

Playing as the Vancouver Canucks.

It randomly came up in my news feed that my coach had been fired, but I didn't fire him.

Not sure if this is a bug, or an added feature that your board can go over your head to fire your coach?

Some clarification would be appreciated! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Playing as the Vancouver Canucks.

It randomly came up in my news feed that my coach had been fired, but I didn't fire him.

Not sure if this is a bug, or an added feature that your board can go over your head to fire your coach?

Some clarification would be appreciated! :)

It happened to me in my first season with the Senators. I was intentionally tanking the team. The board was extremely unhappy with me.

I supposed they by passed me to fire the coach? It would be been nice of them to let me know!

It happened to me in my first season with the Senators. I was intentionally tanking the team. The board was extremely unhappy with me.

I supposed they by passed me to fire the coach? It would be been nice of them to let me know!

In one of the monthly confidence updates, I read that blurb that basically says "if results don't improve, we may follow advice of the fans and fire you". Went to the preferences and click the button that prevent the firing of human GMs.

I was just tanking the first season, because, well, the Flyers actually suck. Three years later, I've won the cup, won the Olympics, and am in the conference finals again.

It would be good if we received an official feedback from SI about this. I have not read anywhere listing that EHM:EA now fires coaches. We do not know if this is a feature or a bug. SI, your turn...

It would be good if we received an official feedback from SI about this. I have not read anywhere listing that EHM:EA now fires coaches. We do not know if this is a feature or a bug. SI, your turn...

When they fire a coach after 3 games that's a bug... it will be solved sooner or later, I wouldn't worry.

• SI Staff

Do you guys have saved games from just before those coaches were fired ? Were you on vacation at the time or playing normally fully in charge ?

Obviously the game should not be firing coaches on your behalf, so would be good to get an example save uploaded to the FTP for closer inspection.

Archived