Regional reputation

Hi all.

Is reputation a generic layer or specific to the actual region you are working in?

For example. I have managed two Midlands Conference sides and have a regional rep, so would other Midland clubs be aware of me and not other regions such as London or North?

I'm not 100% sure but I've always assumed that the teams in your region will have a good knowledge of you. Whereas I'd think that other teams in your league (outside of your region) must be aware of you as you're the manager, but with less knowledge or interest than your local sides. I could be wrong though, but I'd think it would be something along those lines.

I believe reputation to be what you call a "generic layer". Behind the scenes it's a simple number between 0 and 10,000, and as that number rises your reputation description changes. Having a "regional" reputation does not mean your current region knows you well, it just means that other clubs are unlikely to know about you if they don't happen to play you in matches or be interacting with you in some other way

I think like vlobben says, it is a mostly generic layer, but it does raise an interest question actually, one I'd never thought of. Local, Regional, National, Continental...hell, every reputation bracket apart from World Class becomes a little flaky there.

You know what would be good in this situation? A World "heat-map" with information on how well you're known in each location. Obviously hooking that up in any kind of meangingful way then becomes the big issue - do you then have a value for each nation in terms of your rep there? Each continent? Go mental and do each region? A small change suddenly doesn't look so small...

I guess it partly reflects on the wider community as well, like I know the manager of Port Vale and Crewe are Rob Page and Steve Davis just on a local/regional level just on the basis of the fact I'm in Stoke. Give those names to most interested in football up and down the country and it's unlikely they'll know who they're in charge of at the moment. I imagine while at Stoke, and now at West Brom you can mention the name of Tony Pulis to people interested in football and they'll know his last few years. I doubt the same is true in France/Germany etc.

In game any club playing against you or in the same league will always be aware of you pretty much, I take the reputation to largely be as a perception of the persons place in football overall.

Archived