[FM15-Classic]Roma, to be the Italian Chivas....

BoxToBox

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on winning World Cup :cool: Surprised to see Chile finished bottom :eek:

That was strange, it was an odd cup all round. Spain also went out in the groups coincidentally, but they had Germany and Brazil in theirs, and it was but an extra time goal away from Denmark being the other team in the final.

Pre season update.

Season 9 Expectations

Serie A: Win the league.

Champions League: Win the cup.

TIM Cup: Not important

Italy

Nations League: Win the league.

As you were, heh. CL group is nasty, Bayern, Man Utd and Malmo.

Transfers

Out.

Alessio Cerci: Retired.

Daniele De Rossi: 0, to AC Milan. This goes through, the fans and board loose the plot at me. Nothing I could have done about it, I wanted to keep him.

Domenico Criscito: terminated. Had a year left, and no one interested, but I wanted to stick with the all HG or better squad.

Ciro Natali: 21m, to Real Madrid. Great rotation option with was mighty in the air, but I had a youngster in reserve about as good as him, with world class potential who I wanted to step up to the first team.

In.

None.

Only one good youth in the intake this year. Yet another CB with weak Jumping Reach...... This time I'm going to try and grow it for a change.

21c039bfc512857b3adaf6e8a50b3cda.jpg

This is how the squad stands this season

Starters

Politi

Florenzi------------------------------Melis

Casale--------Guglione

Zanini

Napoli-----Romagnoli-----Nicolini----Bettini

Martinelli

Secondary

Bovio(Nanni)

Lucchetta------------------------------Di Marco

Antonini--------Montanarai

Fioretti

Paoletti-----Croci-----Zanetti----Bonechi

Finardi

Martinelli quickly took over first choice between the sticks, he's nothing special, but decent.

I've never seen a player recover from a broken leg like Bovio has, quite near zero impact on him.

Nanni doesn't deserve to be dropped to the reserves again, after stepping in for Bovio. Impressed for club and country, has been growing well, so I'll try and run with three strikers and a 23 man squad.

Early season update.

Matches

73240ac4c10f21cbd33233a45e1930b1.png

We've picked up where we left off last season. Especially the trio. 5 clear in the league, and 6 in the CL. Somehow Malmo went to Germany and beat Bayern 0-2.

Also...

7754d22748eb7e648335241e7c7df023.png

Watch Eden Hazard or somesuch win it now....

February update.

Matches

60a5bc7ca90ba83e40ec66004d353540.png

32d0b204690e4f4d5286bdc012b6e7d7.png

Moving through the season at real pace now, only 18 months or so until the Euros...... 14 points clear, and Chelsea in the CL.

Transfers

Only the one move made, Bovio to Napoli for 25m. Sad but it just wasn't working out. He struggles greatly to find fitness, which ended up with him picking up many knocks. The very few games he was match fit, he was in excellent form. 19 Finishing and 16 OTB meant despite not being special he could find the onion bag with ease. In the end though, all he was doing was wasting time that could be spent on Nanni who was developing nicely and preforming well too. Couldn't have him being held back any more.

d7483783196bd267312e733c3eeb1e68.png

We dominated the Ballon d'Or, and Politi won the Golden Boy too.

Late season update.

Matches

97d617b99b04b7225a2dde7e89c17d91.png

Couple of surprise losses, but wins when it counts, and we march on. Barca up next!

Putting my money on Nanni has proven worthwhile. Had a few nice growth spurts, and is becoming a quality player.

14ca485c9652010720788f859103969d.jpg

End of season update.

Matches

c7f06c59ee8a976ee519c5487783fbbe.png

Well, they freaking made us earn that CL title. Bayern, Man Utd, Chelsea, Barca, Madrid and PSG all in one run....

392e32d711ccc0b1c2919cb746c8d123.png

Stars Of The Season

The trio smash all around them again.

Enrico Politi, 38 goals(24 in the league), 23 assists.

Davide Melis, 28(18 in the league) goals, 28 assists.

Jacopo Guglione, 27 goals(20 in the league), 19 assists.

Also worth mentioning.

Mirko Nanni, stepped up big time, and grew phenomenally. 17 goals and 8 assists in 21 starts and 4 subs.

Ermanno Martinelli, one that was never expected to be good enough for even a squad role, and is rated just 1.5 stars. 27 clean sheets in 60 game this season tells it's own story. A safe enough pair of hands for club and country.

Review

Obviously delighted with the results again. One of the things I'm happiest about though, is that the Roma Academy kids are holding their own, some excelling. Wouldn't feel as good were they just being carried by the players I poached. One of the true standouts in Melis is a Roma kid from Rome, and a key midfielder in Casale is too.

Half my staff are retiring this month, going to be fun trying to replace Sabatini, Parnaby and Fevre.....

On to the Nations League, and Euro Qualfiers! Getting close now....

Pre season update.

Season 10 Expectations

Serie A: Win the league.

Champions League: Win the cup.

TIM Cup: Not important

Italy

Euro Qualifiers: Qualify for Euros.

Train roll on. CL group isn't as bad as last year, Sevilla, Zenit and Koln.

Transfers

Out.

None, only loans.

In.

None.

Only one good youth in the intake again. This lad was half Ghanaian, so I gave him a quick NT game against Albania, just to lock him in.

d1f6780d7eab27330d059719bd76851d.jpg

Don't mind the star rating, report says world class potential. Apparently 3 stars for me is world class. :lol: Chance to be a cracking attacking Inside Forward.

This is how the squad stands this season

Starters

Politi

Florenzi------------------------------Melis

Casale--------Guglione

Zanini

Paoletti-----Romagnoli-----Nicolini----Bettini

Martinelli

Secondary

Nanni

Lucchetta------------------------------Di Marco

Antonini--------Montanarai

Fioretti

Napoli-----Croci-----Zanetti----Bonechi

Finardi

Nanni grows at pace! Even since that late season screencap, he's shown notable growth. Wish I had him years ago.....

With Italy, we retained the Nations League in summer, Greece proving little resistance in the final, and the Euro qualifiers are going excellently

de26370e8bba9ce19cd0cc650937f8f4.png

Early season update.

Matches

9bcbe43da18fcdf3bbd64429a36de5de.png

Cracking start, one loss, sadly. Di Marco is a little trouble, good player, but picks up knocks so is missing more games than I'd want, not too much of an issue, but he's moaning about lack of playing time. Second choice goalie is too, and started missing training, Finardi will be playing for Torino(sitting on their bench, more like) as of January. Already promoted a lad from the reserves, who's nowhere near ready for Serie A football, but he's doing a job the odd game I throw his way.

Nice stuff winning trophies galore with Roma and even more impressive that your using a home grown side, I tried something similar with Roma in FM 14 I ended up with a few titles and two champions league titles, although I lost interest but good for you with that staying power the challenge of bringing through only youth is a great way to keep a save like this fresh.

Nice to see this stuff happening in FMC. :)

I wish my Roma save was half as successful as yours and I didn't even have the restriction of using only Italian players.

Nice stuff winning trophies galore with Roma and even more impressive that your using a home grown side, I tried something similar with Roma in FM 14 I ended up with a few titles and two champions league titles, although I lost interest but good for you with that staying power the challenge of bringing through only youth is a great way to keep a save like this fresh.

Cheers guys! I tried a youth only in 14 with Crewe, but without this kind of success. My keeper broke his leg, and the only other one available was shipping 5 goals per game. I gave up.

Another important player down with a serious injury.

4bc0573613504a168039acb215b2e866.png

3 in 10 years though, can't complain too much. Another player lost a few months too, but he was on loan.

Another absentee! Nanni hasn't shown any signs of unhappiness before....

ea801e3e5ae7084feafa4708cf83e8ff.png

February update.

Matches

85b44113e9cb15eef1442e72d231da20.png

Had a mini slump there, quite a few points dropped overall, our fantastic start means we're still 9 clear, though! Dinamo Moscow in the CL next.

8204b35b62730b733a1c5c41b754ba3c.png

Finished the qualifiers with no hassle.

Transfers

The only move was Mirko Finardi's 5.5m offload to Torino, well rid.

Final update.

Matches

f5af05a1730df2f3ce20c6fbbb93727b.png

Incredible finish to the season. Beating Madrid 15-3 on agg. Don't even know what happened there!

e48da1821c943fae5d79ead9dadd111c.png

On to the Euros we went...

b116bcf03c46310596f6034f17c8838a.png

Kings of Europe! Couldn't be happier with that!

Stars Of The Season

Jacopo Guglione: 25 goals(13 in the league), and 29 assists.

Davide Melis: 32 goals(16 in the league), and 24 assists.

Enrico Politi: 42 goals(21 in the league), and 21 assists.

Mirko Nanni: 24 goals(20 in the league), and 20 assists.

Review

Champions of Italy, Champions of Europe, Champions of the World. Everything we could have dreamed and more. I've had an incredible amount of fun with this!

So, with everything achieved, and with a homegrown squad, there was only one thing left to do.

Retirement%20mod_zpsydvy3aqm.png

:(

Also of note, in the middle of the Euros, I had a youth intake, and wouldn't you know, it's like the game knew I was retiring, THREE potentially world class kids land at once!

95bbef9b064b3dc74fc5d14e0c4caf68.jpg

First up, a natural successor to Jacopo Guglione.

918b55c22abcaa638ff927858f01f0cd.jpg

Second would have been a cracking DLP in my system.

65aea60b1c951ae55384f355f34044c9.jpg

The third, would have been a great DMC for me.

What kind of setup did you go for with this career out of interest? You mentioned its a 4-3-3 but what sort of instructions/roles did you go for? Seems like you stuck to a consistent system and built your team around it but your results have been ridiculously good!

Cracking save anyway, especially your success with the national team.

What kind of setup did you go for with this career out of interest? You mentioned its a 4-3-3 but what sort of instructions/roles did you go for? Seems like you stuck to a consistent system and built your team around it but your results have been ridiculously good!

Cracking save anyway, especially your success with the national team.

Cheers! I pretty rigidly stuck to the 4-3-3, I thought I'd have to change eventually, but it kept working. To be honest, it worked surprisingly well as it was quite a simple system.

F9(s)

IF(a)----------------------IF(s)

DLP(s)--------CM(a)

A(d)

FB(s)-----CB(d)-----CB(d)----FB(a)

GK(d)

Standard Mentality and Structured Shape.

The main TI's were Stay On Feet, Pass Into Space and Work Ball Into Box(to cut down on the F9's longshots).

I'd add Exploit the Flanks if the opponents only had one wide man on either side, and switch Stay On Feet to Get Stuck in if I had a lenient ref, or if the opponents had too much control of the game.

Chasing a game, I'd swap to Attacking, and add Higher Tempo, Push Higher Up, and Close Down More.

The only PI was the goalkeeper was told Distribute to Centre Backs.

Impressive that such a simple tactic can get such great results, goes to show that training/buying players to fit your system can work really well!

Yup!

I think as well, the reason this worked was there isn't a specific goal threat to stop. 4 of the front 5 are all serious goal threats, and the DLP added a touch of danger from distance, all 5 were very creative, and very quick too.

Well, that didn't take too long! What about a journey man save building from the bottom?

I started one with Wolfburg, but decided not to start a thread, as I didn't think it'd be interesting with no special rules or situations. Mistake in the end, it's quite good, after a 1w, 4d start, awful football, and trying 7 or so formations, turned the ship I almost sank around.

Could try a journeyman w/thread after a few seasons of this, I usually get attached to whatever club I roll up at though, most I've ever managed in one save is 3 clubs, moving from non-league England(can't remember which team), to Barca B, to Espanyol.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Marshdweller said:

Sorry to drag this back up, but only just found the thread and really enjoyed it. I still play a bit of FMC15 and would love to know what skin you were using please?

I never thought I'd see this again, geez! Glad you enjoyed it!

This is the skin.

You've actually just jump-started my interest in an old FMC15 save, so I played on last night and sneaked a 2-1 win in the Champions League final as FC Volendam.

You've also convinced me of the viability of a youth development-oriented save in FMC/FMT, so massive thanks for that too.

Apologies if this sounds a bit gushy but your thread has had a profound effect on my enjoyment of FM and I'm very grateful for that.

Archived