SC Preußen Münster - Die Adlerträger Soaring High.

col_nufc1

preussen.jpg

October 2016

Octoberresultsinthirdseason.jpg

BundesligatableinOctoberinthirdseason.jpg

We have finally won some games in the Bundesliga and have found a way to score some goals but we are now conceeding more as well. We are looking a much better side recently and if we can add some more bodies in the winter transfer window then I think we might be able to stay up this season. We just need to stay clear of injuries and suspensions which we have so far because that would kill us.

As expected Bayern Munich hammered us in the DFB Pokal, oh well we can concentrate on staying up in the Bundesliga.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

preussen.jpg

Zohoreoutforupto4monthsonNovember5inthirdseason.jpg

Moreloutforupto4monthsonNovember5inthirdseason.jpg

I don't believe it, the two positions that we a weak in cover and we get two long term injuries that happen in the same match against Schalke. I don't have any other left wing backs so someone will have to play out of position and the only other striker we have is Benik Afobe who isn't good enough for this level. I think Rolando Aarons will have to be retrained as a striker and one of my younger central defenders as a left wing back.

I would have said things are looking a bit better but then the 2 injuries happened as seems the theme with this FM, at least you've got a bit of money now and you'd imagine being a Bundesliga club there'd be a few players coming out of contract from South America and Scandinavia that you can bring in so things might not be too bad

Just want to add another corresponding RL update: Preussen Muenster won last weekend's clash against fierce rivals Osnabrueck 2-0 and now lead the table of 3. Bundesliga. The supporters had a 'clash' of their own and injured 40 Osnabrueck supporters plus 10 policemen.:confused:

Cracking read, nice too see a newcastle flavour running through your team. Rangers mkII :p

Thanks mate. Newcastle have definitely helped us rise through the leagues on this save :).

Nice to see the board upgrading the training facilities.

Yeah, the board are good for always upgrading the facilities but not investing in the squad.

I would have said things are looking a bit better but then the 2 injuries happened as seems the theme with this FM, at least you've got a bit of money now and you'd imagine being a Bundesliga club there'd be a few players coming out of contract from South America and Scandinavia that you can bring in so things might not be too bad

The amount of injuries in matches on this version of FM is unreal and needs tweaking from SI. Theres nobody that would improve the squad thats out of contract in January unfortunately, that's one of the first things I checked when the board give us the cash. I have my eye on a couple of Porto players that are on the transfer list though.

Maybe a Marcel Halstenberg (FC St. Pauli) could do a nice job at LB, don't know if he is ready for bundesliga but you could take a look at him.;)

He looks a canny player but St. Pauli are asking for £6m for him and even if I had that sort of transfer budget I don't think hes worth that fee yet.

Just want to add another corresponding RL update: Preussen Muenster won last weekend's clash against fierce rivals Osnabrueck 2-0 and now lead the table of 3. Bundesliga. The supporters had a 'clash' of their own and injured 40 Osnabrueck supporters plus 10 policemen.:confused:

Great news that Preußen Münster are top of the 3. Bundesliga in real life :D:cool: but theres no need for fighting with the Osnabrück fans and the Police :(.

preussen.jpg

November 2016

Novemberresultsinthirdseason.jpg

BundesligatableinNovemberinthirdseason.jpg

Two big wins against Schalke and Bayer Leverkusen has moved us above them and out of the relegation zone. We more than held our own against Champions League chasing Freiburg and we even took the lead against them but in the end there quality shone through and scored two second half goals to win the game.

preussen.jpg

December 2016

Decemberresultsinthirdseason.jpg

BundesligatableinDecemberinthirdseason.jpg

After picking up six points out of a possible twelve we are upto the dizzy heights of 11th in the Bundesliga, moving up one place from last month. It's the winter break now until the end of January so hopefully I'll have a least a couple of new faces in the squad by the time we play Borussia Dortmund.

preussen.jpg

Winter Transfer Window

TransfersininJanuaryinthirdseason.jpg

With the transfer funds we got off the board we only managed to sign two players but no one left the club.

Sinan Bolat - The Turkish goalkeeper is our new number two goalkeeper, to be honest theres not much in it between him and our first team goalkeeper Damián Martínez.

José Ángel - As soon as I saw he was on the transfer list he was my number one transfer target, hes a massive improvement on Jérémy Morel and the Spainiard still has some room for improvement.

@col_nufc1 some great signings there mate. José looking good, as you say will massively improve that flank. 11th at halfway....not too shabby either.

Thanks mate, I did not expect to be 11th going into the winter break but I'll certainly take it. José Ángel has settled into life at Preußen Münster very well, I know it's early days but I was delighted when he agreed to sign for us.

Decent back up for goalkeeper :) Good to see you on the coaching course :D

I was happy I finally got a second goalkeeper and I suppose I was lucky that Damián Martínez never got injured or suspended because I have had a grey goalkeeper on the bench all season. I really need to get the Continental Pro Licence to boost my manager attritubes but I am not to far away now.

preussen.jpg

January - February 2017

ResultsinJanuary-februaryinthirdseason.jpg

BundesligatableinFebruaryinthirdseason.jpg

We haven't been great since we came back from the winter break but we have still moved upto to the top half of the Bundesliga but only just in 9th. We have three very winnable games coming up in March, we play Frankfurt, Hoffenheim and Düsseldorf so we could really increase the seven gap between us and Hoffenheim and it gives us a great chance of staying up.

preussen.jpg

March 2017

ResultsinMarchinthirdseason.jpg

BundesligatableinMarchinthirdseason.jpg

Three easy wins gives us maximum points and sends us upto 7th and possibly only one position away from a Europa League place, depending on who wins the DFB Pokal. I think we are also now safe from relegation although not mathematically just yet but I can't see the bottom three picking up enough points to catch us even if we don't win another game all season.

Few points off 4th :cool: Good win over Hoffeinheim :thup:

I never noticed that we were only a few points off a Champions League place to be honest as I never looked that high. Anyone from 2nd down to 9th could finish in the European places, the Bundesliga is so close.

Nice! i see that relegation is no longer a real threat. Can't wait to see if you will be able to grab a European spot :D

It would be a nice bonus if we could finish in one of the European places but even if we don't I still think we've had a good season in our first year in the Bundesliga.

Seems you're safe:thup:

It looks like it but never say never until its mathematically impossible for us to go down.

preussen.jpg

April 2017

ResultsinAprilinthirdseason.jpg

BundesligatableinAprilinthirdseason.jpg

With three games left to play in the Bundesliga we are still in with a chance to qualify for the Champions League or Europa League or we could finish in the bottom half of the table it's so tight. It looks like Bayer Leverkusen are going to get relegated and Kaiserlautern, Hoffenheim, Düsseldorf, Werder Bremen and Eintracht Frankfurt are fighting to stay up, with two teams going down automatically and the other playing in a playoff with the team that finishes third in the 2. Bundesliga.

Superb away result against Leverkusen, hope you can catch HSV!

I am in two minds whether I want us to qualify for Europe, on one hand we would need a much bigger squad and we would need to sign a lot of homegrown players which I don't think the board would give me the funds but then being in Europe bring a lot of cash in, not so much the Europa League but the Champions League.

preussen.jpg

End Of Season 2016/17 Review

A unexpected finish to our season saw us finish in third place in the Bundesliga and qualify for the last Champions League spot. I am shocked that we finished as high as we did but the team played well after the first couple of months were we were still finding our feet in the Bundesliga.

Bundesliga Table

Bundesligatableendofthirdseason.jpg

Bundesliga Player Stats

Bundesligaplayerstatsendofthirdseason.jpg

The Squad

Squadendofthirdseason-1.jpg

Star Players

- A good first season for the Spainiard who started the season in his natural winger position but then played even better when he played in the unfamiliar central midfield role.

- He his becoming one of my favourite players on FM, he seems to play well anywhere you play him.

- Even though he only played half a season he was superb for us down the left flank and a major part of our great season.

- The Brazilian defender has been great for us since I signed him when we were in the 3. Bundesliga,.

The Future

We are going to have to sign a lot of homegrown players for the Champions League next season and hopefully the board will give us a good transfer and wage budget for a change. Theres a few good players available on Bosman free transfers but only one or two of them are homegrown so I''ll have to judge how many non homegrown players to sign.

A pretty good season :thup: Hopefully we all will find out where you finish :D

Thanks mate, season review has now been done.

Incredible Season!! wtf happened to Bayer04!? try to sign the german talents they got: J. Brandt, L. Öztunali (grandson of Uwe Seeler), B. Leno (maybe to good for Münster) :)

Thanks Mate, Leverkusen this year, Schalke a few seasons ago, I don't know how they can get relegated with the squads at there disposal. I would love to sign some of Leverkusens players depending on what sort of transfer budget we get but much bigger teams then us will also be after them as well.

Nice job! I have had pretty similar success with Dresden :)

Also won 3rd league in dirst season, 2nd in Bundesliga 2 in second season, and finished 4th in Bundesliga 1 in third.

Nice to see you play German LLM also. I will follow this career for sure.

Please check my career too http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/420118-FM15-Dresden-career

Wow! Didn't see that coming at all :eek: Brilliant achievement :cool:

Thanks mate.

Nice job! I have had pretty similar success with Dresden :)

Also won 3rd league in dirst season, 2nd in Bundesliga 2 in second season, and finished 4th in Bundesliga 1 in third.

Nice to see you play German LLM also. I will follow this career for sure.

Please check my career too http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/420118-FM15-Dresden-career

Thanks mate, I'll have a look at your career thread as well.

preussen.jpg

Plannedstadiumexpansionendofthirdseason.jpg

This is a bit disappointing, the current capacity of the Preußenstadion is 15050 and it's only getting a increase of 1792 to make it a 16842 capacity. I really hope that is not the maximum the stadium can be expanded by otherwise it was a waste of time by the board to buy the Preußenstadion.

preussen.jpg

Season Expectations for 2017/18

Seasonexpectationsforfourthseason.jpg

Yet again the board have given me a poor transfer budget for the upcoming season. I was hoping for at least a £10m transfer budget with a £500k wage budget to help us bring in some Champions League quality players but I should of known better :(.

Perhaps you shouldn't focus so much on improving the facilities and focus more on the squad itself. Then your expenses would be much smaller and therefore it would reflect on far bigger transfer budget.This way you spend a lot of money for improvements and get your budgets from what is left.First goal should be squad improvement, when you start dominating the league and champions leagu you will have plenty of money for training facility improvement.That is just my opinion and my strategy :)

Perhaps you shouldn't focus so much on improving the facilities and focus more on the squad itself. Then your expenses would be much smaller and therefore it would reflect on far bigger transfer budget.This way you spend a lot of money for improvements and get your budgets from what is left.First goal should be squad improvement, when you start dominating the league and champions leagu you will have plenty of money for training facility improvement.That is just my opinion and my strategy :)

Theres only been a few times when I have asked the board to improve the facilities, most of the time the board are just doing it without me asking. Hopefully the money we get being in the Champions League this year will be invested in the transfer kitty for next season, although I am not holding my breath to be honest.

preussen.jpg

WagebudgetincreasedonAugust6infourthseason.jpg

Summer Transfer Window 2017/18

Transfersinsummerwindowinfourthseason.jpg

Finn Porath - Very promising young German midfielder who I am expecting big things from, unfortunately he arrived injured and is out for upto 4 months.

Luciano Acosta - He will be a backup player and will be retrained to play as a striker in the false nine role.

Moritz Leitner - Talented young German who never really got a chance at Borussia Dortmund, he certainly will at Münster and hopefully he will flourish.

Wilfried Bony - Can't believe Swansea never offered him a new contract or that he was a backup player in Wales. He will be our number one striker.

Koen Casteels - Will challenge Damián Martínez for the number one goalkeeper jersey.

Cristián Cuevas - Will be retrained to be able to play as a left wing back naturally.

Christian Clemens - I am thinking of retraining him as a striker as he has played well there in pre season.

David Cabrera - He's a good upgrade on Ilan Boccara but we could still do much better if we had the finance.

Alen Halilovic - Brought in on a season long loan from Barcelona to provide cover.

Ante Coric - Brought in on a season long loan from Barcelona to provide cover.

Oliver Sorg - He will start the season as our new right wing back.

Jean Zimmer - He will challenge Oliver Sorg for the right wing back role but he will start the season as the backup player.

Cheikhou Kouyaté - Brought in on a season long loan from West Ham United to provide cover for the injuries we have at central defence.

preussen.jpg

August 2017

ResultsinAugustinfourthseason.jpg

BundesligatableinAugustinfourthseason.jpg

Just like last season we have started this season in the Bundesliga poorly, it's my fault though as I have been trying new formations and I haven't really settled on one yet, which is bad considering the transfer market has now closed.

We have qualified for the Group stage of the Champions League after beating Lyon in the last qualifying round. Our reward is a group that we can't qualify from with PSG, Manchester City and Viktoria Plzeň and the best we can hope for is to finish 3rd and qualify for the Europa League.

ChampionsLeaguegroupDinAugustinfourthseason.jpg

Archived