I will pay an extra $20 for the ability to add a league to the game.

Excellent idea (s).

Why couldn't SI create and sell a 'custom league' expansion pack for FM09? Essentially it'd be an editor on steroids with the ability to add your own (real or fictional) league or cup competitions into the game (amongst other things - custom teams etc.)

I'd love to be able to play the NZ Football Championship and Chatham Cup etc.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent idea (s).

Why couldn't SI create and sell a 'custom league' expansion pack for FM09? Essentially it'd be an editor on steroids with the ability to add your own (real or fictional) league or cup competitions into the game (amongst other things - custom teams etc.)

I'd love to be able to play the NZ Football Championship and Chatham Cup etc.

Don't they play in the A-league though? I lived in Auckland for years but never knew there was an official football league there. Although it was hilarious to see Waitakere United in the World Club Champs a few years back :p

But yeah if it's impossible or too expensive to code every single league in the world, why not add a custom league pack where you can create a league and cup set that you can also share with other people or download.

I would love to have my league in. I know the teams are in there... Well atleast most of them. But sadly I doubt it will ever happen. And to be quite honest, It's not even that big of a deal, because I would probably only play it once since the league isn't structured along with MLS, so I'd be stuck in that league, and I really know nothing about it, and also the fact that I'm clueless about MLS's stupid table format.

Adding leagues would be nice though, but for me, the big thing is if the league connects to major leagues. I probably wouldn't care for a league if it didn't connect to a major league like the Premiership. Although, I do admit, if the Scottish Highland leagues were in, I would venture into those. But if any leagues would be needed, I would vote for lower in the English leagues as they connect to the premiership.

But it's no big deal really. SI should focus on the gameplay, making improvements, making the game even better than it already is.

Apparently you're right. Its amazing that I haven't had a proper game in 8 years now because of the inability for the most basic features to materialize. I wonder how long it will be before something that actually changes the core gameplay will be introduced!!! :(

At least in the CM3 days we had decent save game editors that could actually do things to the DB after you started so you could keep playing on instead of having to restart anytime you realized you forgot something or something major changed in the outside world.

Ever since CM4 we've been locked in this box of no turning back once you start a game and its really starting to get old personally!!

What do you mean "change the core gameplay"? The reason most of us continue to buy the game is because it stays true to what it is - an in-depth management game. - a change to the "core gameplay" would change the game into something else entirely - using your CM3 example, the core gameplay is still exactly the same as it was back then, with various enhancements and extensions.

If you want certain leagues in your game, turn them on when you start - it is VERY simple. Oh, and adding leagues during the game would not be a "basic feature" in the slightest.

On another note, if you havent played in 8 years, how can we be expected to take you seriously - you obviously don't actually like FM, and want it changing into something it isn't. try another game instead of trying to get FM to turn into "Football Manager 2010 (Arcade Version)"

Should also point out, once you have started a game of FM, it has nothing to do with "the outside world" - why would you want to change something that happens outside of the game inside the game - essentially you are making it LESS realistic, not more

And it can't be "getting old" to you - you don't play the bloody game!

Don't they play in the A-league though? I lived in Auckland for years but never knew there was an official football league there. Although it was hilarious to see Waitakere United in the World Club Champs a few years back :p

Nah it's a different tier of football, NZ Football Championship is semi-pro franchise based comp which is run separately from the winter club competitions - which is divided into four regional leagues. Though some of the regional clubs run NZFC franchises. The Phoenix in the A-League are an aberration really, NZ is OFC and Australia is now in AFC - so whether the Phoenix should even legally be playing the A-League is debatable.

I'd pay an extra $5 to bring back face in the game. oh yes I would. Pay $5 to get your face in the game ? Where do I sign up ?

Noooo! I would pay an extra $5 not to bring back 'face in the game'! No offence but they were simply awful, a picture of some geek sitting in his living representing my world-class star striker. Not again thank you.:D

Hi,

I'll add my thoughts to this...

I used to do research for Australia/Oceania in past versions of CM/FM. I left the research team because I was frustrated with the Australian league structure never being correct - despite countless promises that it would be fixed. (By the way, the current researchers for Australia are having the same issues!)

Anyway, I still love to play FM... but the A-League is so full of competition/structure errors (all have been reported well before release date SI so don't say they have not been!) In FM08, I got sick of the errors so I swapped AUS with Israel... although this ment playing under different league rules than those used in AUS, at least then I could play in a league that followwed some sort of logic (unlike the ewrrors in the SI A-League)

So... it would be great to be able to add leagues... for me it would mean that the Australian clubs could be put into a league structure that actually worked in the game!

(Don't worry SI, I still love you! I just won't bother playing FM until at least Feb next year... you know, the usual amount of time it takes for patch number ## to come out... the patch that fixes 75% of the errors... though it never seems to fix the Australian league errors that have been reported for tyhe past 4 years!!)

Would anyone else?

3D view and what not is great, but it only enhances the current gaming experience. It doesn't so much improve the core experience.

Why not have the ability to start a standard league, 20 teams, with any nation we want? If I am from Ghana, I want to play a league with teams from Ghana. Its really that simple.

3D/Manager Feeback ... Whatever other nifty little features really don't mean a lot when 75% of the countries in the world have no way of playing with their own teams.

Of course, thats just my opinion, but I'm sure I'm not alone. You don't even need to get licensing for them, just give the users a way to run a simple bare-bones league and put the teams of their country in it without having to be data editing geniuses and sitting through 50 hours of testing to see if the game will or will not crash 3 seasons down the line after an edit.

/rant

:)

save yourself the money & just request that they make a SIMPLE change to the editor.

so simple infact it should've been added years ago.

"add league/country"

psssst... they're holding back on adding it on purpose...

gives the game too much longevity

Hi,

I'll add my thoughts to this...

I used to do research for Australia/Oceania in past versions of CM/FM. I left the research team because I was frustrated with the Australian league structure never being correct - despite countless promises that it would be fixed. (By the way, the current researchers for Australia are having the same issues!)

Anyway, I still love to play FM... but the A-League is so full of competition/structure errors (all have been reported well before release date SI so don't say they have not been!) In FM08, I got sick of the errors so I swapped AUS with Israel... although this ment playing under different league rules than those used in AUS, at least then I could play in a league that followwed some sort of logic (unlike the ewrrors in the SI A-League)

So... it would be great to be able to add leagues... for me it would mean that the Australian clubs could be put into a league structure that actually worked in the game!

(Don't worry SI, I still love you! I just won't bother playing FM until at least Feb next year... you know, the usual amount of time it takes for patch number ## to come out... the patch that fixes 75% of the errors... though it never seems to fix the Australian league errors that have been reported for tyhe past 4 years!!)

blasphemy!

careful you don't get banned

save yourself the money & just request that they make a SIMPLE change to the editor.

so simple infact it should've been added years ago.

"add league/country"

psssst... they're holding back on adding it on purpose...

gives the game too much longevity

Do you have any evidence for this hypothesis?

the fact that they(you?) avoid such a simple addition year after year is proof enough to those with functional brains &/or those who don't profit from it's absence

They have explicitly said that it's not a simple addition; there are a number of issues with the interconnectedness of the data that make it hard to work with.

They have explicitly said that it's not a simple addition; there are a number of issues with the interconnectedness of the data that make it hard to work with.

i was kinda thinking that'd be the reason...

that even if you could add a division, going through all the competition rules & linking it into the other leagues would be far too complicated to bother with.

but at the same time i can't shake the thought that adding a lower league would have little effect on the game if all that happens with this new league is promotion to the above connected league & of course the acceptance of the relegated team(s)...

i wanted an amateur league under the blue square where i'd enter my created amateur team who would then turn professional after promotion.

p.s there's no such thing as "explicitly" on this mess of a forum.

Why would I be banned for saying the truth? I'm not having a go at SI for no reason. I'm stating a fact.

Oh and I did say that I still love SI!

the truth is a bigger threat than a lie.

you do increase your chances of surviving by showing deference.

keep it up, you'll go far.

I will pay an extra $20 for the ability to consign this thread to history and never have to look it (or even its title) again.

I will pay double that to stop pointless posts like your one... oh and this one... and the next one about your one and my one!

Archived