River City Hill!

Muggert

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Z7YlOVI.jpg

We did it!!

Now it's time for securing the 1st place. Esbjerg and us are neck-and-neck for the 1st place. Both with 66 points. We have 3 goal advantage on goal difference. The difference between first and second are 60.000 pounds. Huge for us, not so huge for Esbjerg.

Season Review 2019/20

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2019/20 - 1st Division

Squad - Fixtures Fall - Fixtures Spring - Table - Transfers - Finances

Final position: 1st - Promotion

Danish cup: 3rd Rnd home loss to FC Nordsjælland, 0-1

Best result: 4-0 home win against Brønshøj

Worst result: 0-1 home loss to HB Køge

Top goalscorer: Jacob Jensen, 17(17 in the league)

Most assists: Lars Mogensen, 10(9 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Jesper Bech, 7.36 (7.36 in the league)

2019/20 Quick takes:

- Incredible season.

- Our defense held their ground. 24 goals against in 33 games. Pure class.

- Still creating a ton of chances.

- So many different players chipped in and stepped up.

Player of the season:

Jesper Bech - AM RC, ST - Quite simply wasn't done playing in the superliga.

Other Key Players

Jørgen Skaaning - D/DM C - Skaanings breakout season. A real handful in the air.

Mikkel Nygaard - D/M/AM RC - Played even better than last year

Jacob Jensen - AM C, ST - 17 goals. A constant threat due to his dribbling skills.

2020/21 Season Preview

Transfers:

ziCRV9M.jpg

QmIlaBq.jpg

Not really in a financial position to break the bank and bring in 7-8 new players. We've added a lot of depth through loan as that's our primary concern. Some of them might play regularly, but honestly I hate loan players ;-) We also added a MC and hopefully we can add a AMC and a DL/DR to the team before the window closes.

Key additions:

Rasmus Nielsen: D/DM/M C - Consistent veteran midfielder.

Casper Sørensen: D/DM/M C - Will probably play a lot ;-)

Expectations:

Board expectations: Stay clear of relegation

Media prediction: 12th

Own expectation: Battle bravely against relegation

Tactics & Possible lineup:

It might be our death, but we'll try keeping the offensive approach this season. Building on a more defensive tactic in the background as backup.

Ik9SsSh.jpg

Key players and factors:

Key Players:

Kasper Bredal: GK - Could be the difference between surviving and relegation

Henrik Bødker: D/DM/M C - Offers work ethics and defensive responsibility.

Jacob Jensen: AM RC / ST - Can he perform at this level too?

Key factors:

- Will the tactic be too offensive in the top tier?

- Can our top players keep injury-free?

- Our midfield should be strong enough to control against the weaker teams. Gaining us an advantage in the relegation battle.

- Will Bredal be able to make the impact we're hoping for in goal?

Let's get it on

2020/21 Midseason update

0fbnsqD.jpg

RiZuAym.jpg

Quick takes:

- Very inconsistent season.

- We didn't slip into relegation before the last round of the fall

- Hopefully a preseason fills our team with morale and we can hit the spring season running!

After a long season where we played well, but ultimately wasn't effective in the penalty boxes, the inevitable happpens.

ezWa3P7.jpg

GK Bredal and AMC Jessen immediatly brings in transfer requests.

I have not renewed a bunch of contracts in the hope of survival and better options than the ones we had. This is gonna bite me now. Hope I can keep at least a couple of them.

Season Review 2020/21

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2020/21 - Superliga

Final position: 11th - Relegation

Danish cup: 1st Rnd away loss to SønderjyskE, 0-2

Best result: 4-1 away win against FC Nordsjælland

Worst result: 0-3 home loss to OB

Top goalscorer: Jacob Jensen, 9(9 in the league)

Most assists: Jacob Jensen, 6(6 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Kasper Bredal, 6.98 (6.98 in the league)

2020/21 Quick takes:

- We dominated the bottom 6 in terms of possesion, shots (excl. long shots) and CCC's

- The efficiency in the penalty boxes made us go down.

- While Jensen became our topscorer he missed a ton of open chances.

- We were naive and attacking when playing the top-4 and never was close to winning against them most of the time.

Player of the season:

Kasper Bredal - GK - We could have fared a lot worse if it wasn't for Bredal

Other Key Players

Casper Sørensen - D/DM/M C - The loanee had a pretty good season.

Mads Jessen - M/AM C - Late addition. Played well but couldn't do it alone.

Bo Hansen - DM - Hope I can keep him. Played okay, but will excel in the 1st division.

Shame on relegation :(.

I will rather win promotion and relegate again than spend 2 seasons of mediocirty.

The financial windfall will benefit the team immensely. I just hope the wage budget will make it possible to get back up.

2021/22 Season Preview

Transfers:

WSihnrb.jpg

VteMeku.jpg

The finances are better than last year. After the transfers we still have 2K left per week. I have pulled in a lot of loanee. I hope to bring in a couple of more players on permanent deals, but going into the season I'm pretty happy with the setup. Generally I've been looking to bring in younger people with room to develop in the 1st division. Most of the people have a sell-on fee in their contract making them cheap.

Key additions:

Tadhg Callagher: D L - Been looking for a guy like this since I took over. I hope he performs.

Casper Sørensen: D/DM/M C - The loanee got a permanent contract. Will be vital to our success

Delphin Tshiembe: M RC - Physicallly very good. Will provide the metal on midfield.

Expectations:

Board expectations: Promotion

Media prediction: 2nd

Own expectation: Win the league

I'm confident it wasn't the tactic that failed last season. It was the players. Let's see what these guys can do in a lower tier.

Uo1Pb8g.jpg

Key players and factors:

Key Players:

Kasper Bredal: GK - He is our best player at the moment

Casper Sørensen: D/DM/M C - I really hope he'll succeed

Kim Schæffer: AM RC / ST - Needs to step up to the plate.

Key factors:

- Consistency. We need to be on top every weekend.

- Getting the best out of Schæffer. He's talented but haven excelled yet.

- Getting youngsters gametime where possible.

Let's get it on

2020/21 Midseason update

ti2zPj0.jpg

4v9r5Ih.jpg

Quick takes:

- We dominated games. Schæffer dominated games ;-)

- After I got a 5 point advantage i used Instant Result in most games to speed up process

- This means we can start building for next year and "rest" our loanees :-)

- We'll sign some more young guns this winter.

A great first half to the season there :D maybe you needed to get relegated to strengthen and build to utterly obliterate the competition in the First Division as you have done.

At the moment I'll return with a stronger team. But I do have some concerns about defence, As always.

I also lost DC Jensen and star ST Schæffer due to me being in the 1st... So it's not all good :-(

Season Review 2021/22

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2021/22 - 1st division

Final position: 1st - Promotion

Danish cup: 2nd Rnd home loss to Veje, 0-1

Best result: 6-2 away win against Frem

Worst result: 0-0 home loss to Vejl (In the cup)

Top goalscorer: Kim Schæffer, 22 (22 in the league)

Most assists: Kim Schæffer, 16 (16 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Rodney Richardson, 7.56 (7.56 in the league)

2021/22 Quick takes:

- Schæffer dominated. Unfortunately he's leaving this summer. He was on the bench for most of the spring.

- Impressive 92-22 goal difference. Bredal and the defense have been excellent.

- New record in points in the 1st division.

- Apparently our finances are insecure? We have 2 million in the bank? Must be the debt from the stadium building.

Player of the season:

Tadhg Gallagher - D L - Exciting play from the young irish back

Other Key Players

Emilio Marcondes - AM C / ST - Late addition. Played a variety of positions, but overall did well.

Rodney Richardson - ST - Signed when Schæffer announces he was leaving. Gonna be a beast even in the Superliga. This guy is a monster aerial presence.

Kim Schæffer - AM RC / ST - Showed his true potential. Benched when he found a new club.

2022/23 Season Preview

Transfers:

j7qSyZ0.jpg

DWNJ0sC.jpg

A whole lot of additions. Many of the additions are talented youngsters. I'm trying to build for the future by bringing in youngsters to go with my new training facilities. I have just formed a link with Thisted FC in the 2nd division so the right players can be loaned out. For once I'm satisfied with the team going into the first competetive match. I would like a DC for depth but besides that I'm confident this team can save us. We have a team that's a lot stronger than last time in the top.tier.

Key additions:

Niels Bisp Rasmussen: D C - Will be our defensive leader. First time we had a defender at this level.

Andrei Ghilea: M C - We took a chance on this guy. He seems okay, but I have a feeling he'll excel in our system.

Michael Munk: AM LC / ST - We need 15+ goals from him.

Expectations:

Media prediction: 12th - Odds 41.00

Own expectation: Stay clear of relegation

I'm gonna go naive yet again in the superliga. I'm still confident that the tactic I've created with a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 has what it takes. It provides for some great football, and with a little eficiency in both ends we should be able the avoid the drop. With a little luck we might even be able to finish midtable.

5vhtRy8.jpg

Key players and factors:

Key Players:

Niels Bisp Rasmussen: DC - He's the clubs most expensive buy. And we expect him to perform.

Joe Taylor: DM/M C - I real bargain. He should provide great help to the defense.

Rodney Richardson: AM L / ST - I have seriously high expectations for Rodney. 15+ assists and 10+ goals.

Key factors:

- We need players in key positions to be healthy. We have backups. Just not at the level of the other teams.

- We need Richardson and Munk to provide one of the better attacking duos in the league

- For once I do not feel our defense is our achillees heel. I feel confident about the season in general.

Let's get it on

2020/21 Midseason update

s3oeSQS.jpg

HXuteVQ.jpg

Quick takes:

- We have almost as many points as last time in the top-tier

- After a poor start we started using a more defensive and direct passing approach in away games.

- 37 points should be enough to save us. That's still highest priority.

- Unfortunately we lost in an uneven game to AaB in the cup.

uIq6SqU.jpg

Now what's that? Well you notice AGF in 11th position? They're the other team based in Aarhus the second biggest city of Denmark. So.. IF they go down they'll have to come to the suburbs for some top-tier football ;-)

I wonder if I will notice this on my own attendance next season IF they go down

Season Review 2022/23

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2022/23 - Superliga

Final position: 6th

Danish cup: Quarterfinal away loss to AaB, 0-1

Best result: 4-2 away win against AGF

Worst result: 1-3 home loss to OB

Top goalscorer: Rodney Richardson, 12 (12 in the league)

Most assists: Michael Munk, 18 (17 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Michael Munk & Emiliano Marcondes, 7.08 (7.00 & 7.07 in the league)

2022/23 Quick takes:

- 3 games against rivals AGF. 3 wins :-)

- We had a rough patch early in 2023 but changed it for the better

- Offensive trio Marcondes, Munk and Richardson played well, without being extraordinary.

- Farewell Bredal. You've been a loyal servant. Untill you signed for 6-time consecutive champions FCK.

Player of the season:

Emiliano Marcondes - AM C / ST - Was crucial in some important games

Other Key Players

Kasper Bredal - GK - Club record in apps. Farewell Bredal. Once again a solid season.

Joe Taylor - DM/M C - Sad to loose this guy. He has been a fearless fighter on the midfield.

Michael Munk - AM C / ST - Played well. Should have scored some more though.

2022/23 Season Preview

Transfers:

ZbIww2R.jpg

zNWLKnd.jpg

We lost Taylor and Bredal. While we think we've found a more than capable replacement for Bredal we brought in Uwilingiyimana on loan for the DMC place.

Besides these additions we have brought in a couple of strong signings. We still have some money in the budget and I would like to bring in another AMC/ST or possibly DMC/MC ... A DMC/MC and a AMC/ST would be ideal, but I doubt I can get both with the budget left.

Key additions:

Billy O'Halloran: D R - This guy will become a beast in the Superliga. In a year or two.

Kristoffer Bulterud: GK - Will become a star in the Superliga.

Zvonko Pamic: M/AM C - Veteran midfielder who fits perfectly in the possesion system we're using.

Expectations:

Media prediction: 8th - Odds 7.00

Own expectation: Midtable + Cup run

We introduced an away tactic last season that had limited succes. I will once again stay with our narrow 4-1-2-1-2 and perhaps try building an effective counterattacking tactic for the tough away games.

30xRX91.jpg

Key players and factors:

Key Players:

Kristoffer Bulterud: GK - He's good, he's consistent, he'll be a star.

Zvonko Pamic: M/AM C - I hope he won't decline of age too soon.

Michael Munk: AM LC / ST - Have developed into the good attacker. Hopefully he'll produce 15+ goals & assists

Key factors:

- We need to have a good start to the season, so we can focus on the cup

- We need the team to gel fast, we have 5 new players in the starting 11.

- We have capable backups in most positions. Much better than last year.

Let's get it on

Aabyhøj presents Schulz

An interesting turn of events today as Aabyhøj manages to sign Austrian international Julian Schultz. Julian Schultz are capable of playing both MC and AMC position. He will be a valuable asset in their hopes in challenging for a euro cup place next season.

Introducing Superliga TV Money

The danish Superliga has three kinds of TV money:

- At the start of the season each team gets an amount

- Game selected for prime-time TV gets extra TV money

- TV Money by position (See explanation below)

TV Money by position explanation

In Denmark the top-tier is divided into 3 periods.

The Prize Money is decided by every teams position in the standings after these periods.

The period and prize money are as follows:

After 11 rounds

After 22 rounds

After 33 rounds (season end)

N2SwOFI.jpg

And why am I telling you this? Well at the moment 10 games into the season we're placed 1st. 3 points clear of FCK. This could mean an extra 2,8 million in TV money. Which is huge for a club like us that at the moment has a bank balance of 2,0 million. Let's hope I can get at least a draw against FC Nordsjælland. A team I usually struggle against.

2022/23 Midseason update

MTurSjF.jpg

VvVdJlS.jpg

Quick takes:

- 1st in the league and in the cup semifinal... Woohoo!

- We're playing possesion football both home and away.

- Top-4 is secured a trip to europe next year.

- Bulterud has 9 clean sheets in 18 games.

- Rodney Richardson stats: 21 games, 14 goals, 5 assists, 5 MoM, 7,44

Zys4S8x.jpg

Sometimes you just get an offer you can't refuse! It doesn't take long before I get good news that's probably related to the financial situation after selling Richardson.

I can now scout in the whole wide world! :-D

As a replacement for Richardson we bring in 21-year-old argentinian striker Arnaldo Formica on loan. His contract at Newells old boys expire this summer and he could become a permanent player for us. We decided that the players available to us at the moment do not have the skill to throw money their way.

We also brought in french striker Yohann Biancheri. Also on loan.

9qkxp6m.jpg

With 4 games to go we have secured ourselves a place in europe next season. I'm in the middle of nowhere at the moment. Schulz was injured for 4 games in which we managed to accumulate 1 point. Not stuff to win championships from. Arnaldo Formica who was brought in to replace Richardson has only played 2 games from start and only 3 games overall due to injuries.

The top-2 goes into the Champions League. Honestly I think in terms of Europe it would be smarter to finish 3rd. But hey.. You don't throw away silver and the chance of gold ;-)

Season Review 2023/24

qijp8mj.jpg

Aabyhøj IF - 2023/24 - Superliga

Final position: 2nd - Champions League qual.

Danish cup: Semifinal loss to FC Midtjylland, 3-4 on aggregate

Best result: 2-0 away win against OB

Worst result: 3-4 home loss to FC Midtjylland (Cup)

Top goalscorer: Michael Munk, 24 (22 in the league)

Most assists: Julian Schultz, 24 (22 in the league)

Highest Average rating: Julian Schultz, 7.42(7.44 in the league)

2023/24 Quick takes:

- We lost the championship by loosing all three games to 4th place Brøndby. Without even scoring a goal :-(

- We were very good untill injuries put out our first and second choice AMC at a crucial time.

- Topscorer Michael Munk is leaving after the season. He's off to Rayo Vallecano. On a free... grrr...

- Our full backs have been playing particularly well and is a big part of the succes.

Player of the season:

Julian Schultz - M/AM C - The Austrian international fits perfectly in our newly adjusted system

Other Key Players

Kristoffer Bulterud - GK - Has been amazing. Conceding only 30 goals and keeping 14 clean sheets.

Tadhg Gallagher - D L - Played all but two games in the league. Very consistent.

Michael Munk - AM C / ST - Gutted to see him leave. But he's wasn't interested in renewing. Not even talks of renewing.

Good read, I enjoyed your selected tactical analysis on some matches. Keep it up.

Thanks.. My plan is to do the decisive games like this, but honestly the last 3 season haven't been close at all. Even though we even ended up only 2 points behind OB we were 6 point behind with 2 to go. At the same time we were 6 points ahead of FCK. So.. Not really much excitement there :-)

Archived