Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

This will be done, I will research Malcolm and once I have tested him, he will replace nzogbia in the Newcastle squad. :thup:

Nzogbia will be available on a free transfer when the game starts.

Great the return of SuperMac might have to sign him for the Arsenal tho .... Izagooner after all lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, if you need any help just ask :)

I was going to start doing something like this, but I didn't know where to begin

I've been a fan of players from the past since I played PES 2 (2002) (pro evolution soccer) or earlier than that so

Players are either at the first top division club they joined at the age they joined those clubs or they are at the club they were at when they were coming into their primes, or due to common sense they maybe older or younger at a different club, they may even be released on a free transfer if they did not make their original teams 25 man squads and there was nowhere else for them to go or they were not good enough for the squads anymore so they have effectively been released by the club and they are now available on a free transfer when the game begins, the only thing that I can guarantee is that whichever club they are at, they were at that club, at that precise age, and this can easily be checked via Wikipedia and other online sources.

I will feature Billy Meredith and Javier Zanetti today. :thup:

Romário de Souza Faria

known simply as Romário'oooooooooooooooh, he is a prolific striker and is regarded as one of the greatest strikers of all time. He helped Brazil win the 1994 FIFA World Cup, receiving the Golden Ball as player of the tournament. He was named FIFA World Player of the Year the same year. He came fifth in the FIFA Player of the Century internet poll in 1999, was chosen in the FIFA World Cup Dream Team in 2002, and was named in the FIFA 100 list of the world's greatest living players in 2004.

After developing his early career in Brazil, Romário moved to the Netherlands in 1988. Playing for PSV Eindhoven, he was top scorer of the 1989-90 European Cup and 1992–93 UEFA Champions League. He was also a three-time Eredivisie champion and the league's top scorer as many times. With 55 goals in 70 appearances for Brazil, Romário is the third highest goalscorer for his national team. He is second on the all-time list of Brazilian league's top scorers with a total of 154 goals. While finishing as a top goalscorer in many different competitions, he is one of very few strikers to surpass the mark of 1,000 goals, and is the second most prolific goalscorer in the history of football.

Shortly after the Olympics he moved to PSV Eindhoven, where he won the Eredivisie in 1989, 1991 and 1992. Renowned for his ability to operate in the confined space of the penalty box, Romário scored 165 goals in 167 games in five seasons at PSV.

Driven by an unswerving belief in his abilities, Romário's laid back manner and overwhelming self-confidence would be displayed throughout his career, with Guus Hiddink, his coach at PSV, stating, “If he saw that I was a bit more nervous than usual ahead of a big game, he’d come to me and say: ‘Take it easy, coach, I’m going to score and we’re going to win'. What’s incredible is that eight out of the ten times he told me that, he really did score and we really did win.”

"Romário was the most decisive player who I played with, he was a great goal scorer, finisher, skilful, opportunist. I think I learnt all of that from him" Ronaldo

"Romário is one of the greatest players of all time. He has good technique and personality. He is a master of art in the penalty area." Roberto Baggio

"Romário was incredible in the penalty area." Paolo Maldini

Romário announced on 15 April 2008 at his DVD launch that he would retire from the game of football. Romário officially announced his retirement from playing, saying:

"Officially I'm not playing any more. I've stopped," he said. "My time is up. Everything has been a lot of fun."

However due to popular demand, Romario has now stated "I retired from Football, but I have not retired from Football Manager and I am pleased to announce that the fun is going to start all over again at PSV at 23 years of age, expect lots of goals and lots of Brazilian Magic!"

So please give a warm welcomed return to: ROMARIO!!!!

Romario_OverviewProfile-3_zpsb299208e.png

Sir Stanley Matthews, CBE was an English footballer. Often regarded as one of the greatest players of the English game, he is the only player to have been knighted while still playing, as well as being the first winner of both the European Footballer of the Year and the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year awards. Matthews' nicknames included "The Wizard of the Dribble" and "The Magician".

A near-vegetarian teetotaller, he kept fit enough to play at the top level until he was 50 years old. He was also the oldest player ever to play in England's top football division and the oldest player ever to represent the country. He played his final competitive game in 1985, at the age of 70. Matthews was also an inaugural inductee to the English Football Hall of Fame in 2002 to honour his contribution to the English game.

He spent nineteen years with Stoke City, playing for the "Potters" from 1932 to 1947, and again from 1961 to 1965. He helped Stoke to the Second Division title in 1932–33 and 1962–63. In between his two spells at Stoke he spent fourteen years with Blackpool; where he became an FA Cup winner in 1953 (known as the Matthews Final), after he was on the losing side in the 1948 and 1951 finals. Between 1937 and 1957 he won 54 caps for England, playing in the FIFA World Cup in 1950 and 1954, and winning nine British Home Championship titles.

Franz Beckenbauer said that the speed and skill Matthews possessed meant that "almost no one in the game could stop him". John Charles noted that "he was the best crosser I've ever seen – and he had to contend with the old heavy ball". Johnny Giles said that "he had everything – good close control, great dribbling ability and he was lightning quick. He was also an intelligent player, who knew how to pass the ball". Despite his great talents, he rarely tackled opponents and was not adept at heading the ball or using his left foot.

Before 1937–38 he had scored 38 goals in four seasons, and full-backs began to mark him more tightly; because of this he decided to drop deeper to collect the ball and aim to play pinpoint crosses as opposed to going for glory himself. Though he would never again score more than six goals in a season, this made him more an effective team player and a greater threat to the opposition.

When running along Blackpool's beach, at 7 am, no matter the weather, Matthews wore shoes that contained lead, so that when he changed into his football boots, his feet felt light, giving himself the impression that he could run faster. Having trained to a level of fitness few other players would reach, by the mid-1950s he was able to cut back on his intense training as his level of fitness was by-then ingrained in his body. He never smoked, instead he was very conscious of every item of food and drink he consumed, and he maintained a rigid daily training regime from childhood up until his old age. The only time he knowingly consumed alcohol was when drinking champagne out of the FA Cup in 1953.

He was never booked or sent off throughout his entire career, and teammate Jimmy Armfield noted that Matthews would never retaliate to the many extremely physical challenges opponents would often make to try and take him out of the game. Indeed he ran the full gauntlet of emotions that all footballers run, but always retained a level-head on the pitch, never losing his temper or allowing his emotions to affect his game.

"the man who taught us the way football should be played" Pele

"he was a true gentleman and we shall never see his like again" Brian Clough

"It is not just in England where his name is famous. All over the world he is regarded as a true football genius". Berti Vogts

There is a statue of Matthews outside Stoke City's Britannia Stadium and another in the centre of Hanley. The dedication on the former reads: "His name is symbolic of the beauty of the game, his fame timeless and international, his sportsmanship and modesty universally acclaimed. A magical player, of the people, for the people."

Here he is, right in his prime at just 24 years of age playing in the championship for Stoke City! Rumour has it that he has no intention of playing in the Championship so the race is on, who will sign him from Stoke when the game begins??

Will YOU be making a bid?

StanleyMatthews_OverviewProfile-3_zps424ff6ab.png

Fenech, love the "dirty Leeds" posts :lol:

On a different tack I've noticed you've created a few Austrians and wondered if you'd done this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Sindelar

I read a lot about him in Jonathan Wilson's book "Inverting the Pyramid".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inverting-Pyramid-History-Soccer-Tactics/dp/1568587384

The Wiki entry is decent enough re. his attributes. His contribution to football is not fully covered by Wiki because, according to Jonathan Wilson, he pre-dated Nandor Hidegkuti in his style of play and really was the original "False 9".

Fenech, love the "dirty Leeds" posts :lol:

On a different tack I've noticed you've created a few Austrians and wondered if you'd done this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Sindelar

I read a lot about him in Jonathan Wilson's book "Inverting the Pyramid".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inverting-Pyramid-History-Soccer-Tactics/dp/1568587384

The Wiki entry is decent enough re. his attributes. His contribution to football is not fully covered by Wiki because, according to Jonathan Wilson, he pre-dated Nandor Hidegkuti in his style of play and really was the original "False 9".

Hi Lord Rowell,

I have created Matthias Sindelar, I just need to do some more testing on him and I will do a feature on him. :thup:

I am reading this book at the moment and I am sure I will find it fascinating!

I can tell you that he is 24, in his prime at Austria Vienna! (Fussballklub Austria Wien)

The Mozart of Football! :lol:

Hi Fenech - I've noticed a lot of players have values over £50m. Have you adjusted team transfer budgets to take this into consideration? Just thinking it might be difficult to put a great team together if you don't have a decent sized transfer budget.

Hi Fenech - I've noticed a lot of players have values over £50m. Have you adjusted team transfer budgets to take this into consideration? Just thinking it might be difficult to put a great team together if you don't have a decent sized transfer budget.

Hi Zoro121,

Thank you for raising an excellent point.

The reason it seems like this, is because I have been only featuring the top top players who are coming into or are in their prime mainly, and every player is worth exactly what they would have been worth, had been alive today. The vast majority of players are very reasonably priced and indeed top top players in lesser reputable countries, even in Holland or Austria etc. etc. have lower values to them and could be more easily attainable.

However there will be no pressure on clubs to sell players, each player has a 3 or 4 year contract and is earning a decent wage, there will be no easy freebies but there will be a lot of good players available on free transfers who didn't make the 25 man squads for example. There are no sugar daddies either.

I would imagine you would start with a team that you would most like to manage and take it from there. That's hopefully 25 legends and stars you don't need to buy starting out and remember that you will have a complete balance of playing positions so you won't desperately need to fill any positions starting off. Unless you take a smaller team and that's a real challenge, good luck with that in this new world!

I'd like to see if Brian Clough could take a championship side in this game and still win back to back European cups with them! :lol:

As I have said in my opening notes, finances will be dependant on total number of Trophies won from 1888 to 2014, League Division and Reputation. So there will be no debts, a clean slate and money in the bank and money in the tank for signings, according to divisions and the criteria above.

Remember my policy is mainly the first top division club they joined at the age they joined, so this is game full of young talent with bags of potential at very reasonable prices, when I say top top players are coming into their prime, I mean the top top only, there's only a select bunch that fall into that criteria for me. They just happen to be the ones I have been featuring mostly.

I can confirm that there will be more than enough players you can buy and because each player is at their true value, it means that you are more likely to have your bid accepted straight away if you do make a bid for a player. It is an excellent point you raise however I have thought about it and It is important that a) you can buy players for your team and I am satisfied that is the case and b) you can't get a world class player for way below value and I am satisfied with that as well.

Clubs will not have a ridiculous amount of money starting out, I am being very mathematical about the whole thing, they will be healthy financially but the funds will be distributed only according to the criteria I have already set out because this will be a very realistic and balanced game and you will have to achieve success to get more money as per normal. Or start with a club which can provide that for you. I hope this makes sense. :thup:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised how many great players you can buy, but there will be some you wont be able to afford starting out and you will need to persuade clubs to sell.

William Henry "Billy" Meredith (30 July 1874 – 19 April 1958) was a Welsh footballer. He was considered one of the early superstars of football due to his performances, notably for Manchester City and Manchester United. He won each domestic trophy in the English football league and gained 48 caps for Wales, for whom he scored 11 goals and won two British Home Championship titles. His favoured position was outside right, and his key skills were dribbling, passing, crossing, and shooting. A dedicated and extremely fit professional, his habit of chewing on a toothpick during games made him instantly recognisable.

Writing a 1947 critique of Stanley Matthews, Meredith criticised the lack of direct play on show in the 1940s and stated that when he was playing that "I knew what was expected of me – to beat the wing-half and the full-back, take the ball down to the corner flag and centre". His ball control skills were unparalleled, leaving opposition players unable to tackle him. He also was an extremely accurate passer and crosser of the ball. His dribbling and crossing gave him a large advantage over rival wingers, who relied solely on speed to beat opposition full-backs. In addition to wing-play, he was also highly skilled at sending in long-range shots across the face of the goal, and could be relied upon to meet crosses from his left-winger with a powerful volley.

Meredith had to deal with extremely physical defences, and was often boxed into the corner of the pitch by as many as four players. As his talents became widely regarded, more well organised defences would designate him with a man-marker, to try and isolate him from his teammates. This often left him reliant on an unselfish inside-right partner willing to fetch and carry the ball for him without expecting much in terms of goals or glory in return. A hard-working wing-half would also improve Meredith's effectiveness by winning the ball and sending him a pass down the flank. The best teams he played in also had a centre-forward able to make the most of his accurate crosses.

"An expert dribbler, blessed with sufficient speed, he hugged the touch line, and very often took the ball up to the corner flag before making his centre. His defence of going so far was that all his fellow forwards were on-side when they were behind the ball. This was good logic, even if it be not a fashionable plan in these days. Not only was he a great dribbler, but he was crafty and cunning in hoodwinking opponents. No man was ever more wary of the outstretched leg for a trip. He hopped over the trap as if it was a twig. Of the back-heel pass he was a ready exponent, and he remains the only man I have ever seen chewing a quill toothpick while playing in the hardest of matches. Indeed, his toothpick was just as characteristic of him as his bandy legs. In his day he was a splendid raider, and one of the Manchester City directors, Mr. Joshua Parlby, always declared that he should have been a centre-forward. Possibly goalkeepers were thankful that he was not, for he obtained over 200 goals from outside right." Sir Frederick Joseph Wall - President of the Football Association and Chairman of the Engineers, known better today as Arsenal.

Here he is only 20 years old having just joined Manchester City. Welcome back 'Billy Meredith'!

BillyMeredith_OverviewProfile-11_zps11423415.png

Javier Adelmar Zanetti

Zanetti played most of his career for the Italian Serie A club Internazionale, from 1995 to 2014, and served as their captain from 1999, earning him the nickname "Il Capitano" (The Captain). Known for his versatility, he was adept on both the left and right wing, having played on both flanks as a fullback, as well as a winger. He could also play as a defensive or central midfielder. On retiring, the club retired his number 4 jersey and named him as Vice President.

Zanetti won honours including five Serie A and four Coppa Italia titles with Inter.The 2010 UEFA Champions League Final on 22 May 2010 was Zanetti's 700th game with Inter, and the team's victory on the night made him the only captain to win a treble with an Italian club. Internationally, he holds the record of the most capped player in the history of the Argentine national team and played in the 1996 Olympic tournament, five Copa América tournaments and two World Cups, in 1998 and 2002. He holds the record for the highest all-time appearances by a non-Italian born player for an Italian club and his 858 official matches for the club put him first in Inter's all-time appearances list.

Zanetti earned the nickname El Tractor for his stamina and tireless runs up and down the wings to aid both attack and defence. He was known amongst his teammates for consistency and fitness regime, which he has credited with prolonging his career. During his last few seasons he started in over thirty games despite being in his late thirties. As captain, he was well-respected by both fans and the opposition for his calm demeanour and conduct; in his entire 22-year career, he only received two red cards.

He's 24, He is in his prime, he is at Inter Milan. Here is The Tractor!

JavierZanetti_OverviewProfile-12_zpsd82b170b.png

Ian James Rush, MBE, (born 20 October 1961 in St Asaph, Wales) is a Welsh former footballer. Rush played for Liverpool F.C. from 1980-1987 and 1988-1996, and is the club's all-time leading goalscorer, having scored a total of 346 goals in all competitions during his two spells at the club. Regarded as one of the greatest ever Liverpool players, Rush came 3rd in the "100 Players Who Shook The Kop" – an official Liverpool fan poll.

Just one word is needed to describe Ian Rush's Liverpool career: goals. The Welshman scored 346 of them in 660 appearances, a club record which will take some beating.

Nothing shakes the Kop more than a goal, and no one has caused quite so much structural damage to the famous stand as Rush. More importantly, his predatory instincts were instrumental in the Reds dominating the game for most of the 1980s. He was loved at Anfield, feared at every opposition ground and renowned throughout Europe.

The 1983-84 season was perhaps Rush's finest. A remarkable 47-goal haul (50 if you count his spot kick conversion in Rome and two goals for Wales) was enough to see him become the first British player to win Europe's Golden Boot. This was a perfect accompaniment to an unprecedented treble of league title, European Cup and Milk Cup, not to mention double player of the year recognition.

Running on to perfectly threaded through balls was Rush's forte and when one-on-one with a keeper you'd bet your mortgage on him netting. But what made him stand out from the rest was the variation in his goals. Of course there were countless close-range tap-ins, but also in his locker were many well-timed volleys, the odd 25-yard pile-driver and occasional header.

He is 23, He is Welsh, He is ready to shake the KOP again!

IanRush_OverviewProfile-3_zpsfbf29860.png

when you create stanley matthews, did you combine gareth bale and david beckham? (considering that this man is beckham role,who cannot head,and cannot use left food,also bad tackler, but pacey) ?

and what made you give him pace is 17, instead of 20?

Stanley Matthews stats are unique to Stanley Matthews, each player is extensively researched and each stat is carefully thought out and the players are also tested before release, so that they are as close as possible to themselves. Every player is unique and every players stats are unique to them. :thup:

He can head the ball, he just wasn't a great header of the ball, he hardly used his left foot and he hardly ever tackled so he didn't really develop that side to his game, he was very pacey which was one of his numerous strengths, all of which is detailed in the feature I did on him.

I am not going to go into detail about why one player is mathematically a 17 and another player is an 18, suffice to say that it all depends on many different factors regarding the player, his age, his development, his research reports / results and his overall skills / potential. etc. etc.

Hi French hows the work going .......

another useful link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_football_transfer_record

found this player on last link he looks a goal machine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernabé_Ferreyra

and another Welsh Wizard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Ford

was wondering about how this player looks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Pierre_Papin

this link http://www.taringa.net/posts/deportes/6401363/Idolos-de-la-Historia-de-River-Plate.html is great for River Plate

when you create stanley matthews, did you combine gareth bale and david beckham? (considering that this man is beckham role,who cannot head,and cannot use left food,also bad tackler, but pacey) ?

and what made you give him pace is 17, instead of 20?

I personally Fenech was right to show a little caution with pace, in fact there's an argument this could be even lower as long as acceletation was kept high. He was the wizard of dribble and tricks, but not a power-player of the likes of Bale & C. Ronaldo that we've seen in recent years.

Ian James Rush, MBE, (born 20 October 1961 in St Asaph, Wales) is a Welsh former footballer. Rush played for Liverpool F.C. from 1980-1987 and 1988-1996, and is the club's all-time leading goalscorer, having scored a total of 346 goals in all competitions during his two spells at the club. Regarded as one of the greatest ever Liverpool players, Rush came 3rd in the "100 Players Who Shook The Kop" – an official Liverpool fan poll.

Just one word is needed to describe Ian Rush's Liverpool career: goals. The Welshman scored 346 of them in 660 appearances, a club record which will take some beating.

Nothing shakes the Kop more than a goal, and no one has caused quite so much structural damage to the famous stand as Rush. More importantly, his predatory instincts were instrumental in the Reds dominating the game for most of the 1980s. He was loved at Anfield, feared at every opposition ground and renowned throughout Europe.

The 1983-84 season was perhaps Rush's finest. A remarkable 47-goal haul (50 if you count his spot kick conversion in Rome and two goals for Wales) was enough to see him become the first British player to win Europe's Golden Boot. This was a perfect accompaniment to an unprecedented treble of league title, European Cup and Milk Cup, not to mention double player of the year recognition.

Running on to perfectly threaded through balls was Rush's forte and when one-on-one with a keeper you'd bet your mortgage on him netting. But what made him stand out from the rest was the variation in his goals. Of course there were countless close-range tap-ins, but also in his locker were many well-timed volleys, the odd 25-yard pile-driver and occasional header.

He is 23, He is Welsh, He is ready to shake the KOP again!

IanRush_OverviewProfile-3_zpsfbf29860.png

This is great. There is an argument you could nudge up his work-rate, maybe to about 16-17? He used to work phenomenally hard in his running and also defending, when Liverpool didn't have the ball.

Edit - image above is the one updated by Fenech i.e. most current one.

Hi French hows the work going .......

another useful link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_football_transfer_record

found this player on last link he looks a goal machine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernabé_Ferreyra

and another Welsh Wizard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Ford

was wondering about how this player looks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Pierre_Papin

this link http://www.taringa.net/posts/deportes/6401363/Idolos-de-la-Historia-de-River-Plate.html is great for River Plate

Hi Izagooner,

The work is going well, progress is being made every day. Scotland is going to be much more competitive than ever before. Rangers and Celtic in particular are looking very strong, I am hoping to release Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers soon. It's a long process just bringing back one player, let alone a whole team, but it's going to be worth the end result! At the moment I am testing the celtic players, but thanks to the good work of yourself, bennymc, dcarey, lord rowell, Liverpool4life, longside etc.. etc.. and the rest of the community who have helped out, this project has been made easier certainly in terms of research regarding celtic as dcarey did a lot of research on the celtic players e.g... so I am thankful for that. I wouldn't go into a match with rangers or celtic expecting to win it because they will both be very strong!

So thank you for the links and by all means keep them coming!

Bernabe is river plate boy and I haven't got to him yet but he is on my list for sure.

Trevor Ford, as you know villa are complete 25 man squads, I wonder who he would replace at Villa. I will put him as 23 year old at Swansea most likely.

Papin, I am testing him at the moment, he is coming along well, I am in the final stages of testing with him and will do a feature soon. :thup:

Thanks for the river plate link, which is much appreciated. :D

This is great. There is an argument you could nudge up his work-rate, maybe to about 16-17? He used to work phenomenally hard in his running and also defending, when Liverpool didn't have the ball.

Hi Lord Rowell,

Thank you for raising an excellent point.

I was a little cautious regarding Rush's work rate, simply because of his time in Juventus, when he wouldn't score as many because he wasn't getting the service there.

At Liverpool, Rush thrived while playing off the shoulder of the last defender, and depended on waiting for Kenny Dalglish (or later Peter Beardsley) to slip him a through ball.

However you are right because when Liverpool didn't have the ball, he was running around and helping in defence and therefore having taken this into consideration I have raised his work rate to 16. Screenshots have been updated. :thup:

Hi Adsuperjenius,

Please note that he's only a natural AML, he cannot play ML Naturally, he could do a job there, but his main job is as an AML, if you played him at ML he could learn to do better in that position but he would never become natural at it, unless you trained him up from a very early age. its the same side just a bit more towards the half way line. Also this is Ronaldo, I doubt there is much that he cannot do. :lol:

Also, bear in mind that Manchester United are a solid media prediction 1st, although I don't think Arsenal are too far away from them, so I am sure that Manchester United are looking very good indeed!

A.C. Milan is featured on here. There are 7 pages! I'll give you a clue, they are on page 4, about half way down the page. :thup:

sorry for very late reply.but I missed this post

if ronaldo are not natural ml, how could he be ml at your database?

Javier Adelmar Zanetti

Zanetti played most of his career for the Italian Serie A club Internazionale, from 1995 to 2014, and served as their captain from 1999, earning him the nickname "Il Capitano" (The Captain). Known for his versatility, he was adept on both the left and right wing, having played on both flanks as a fullback, as well as a winger. He could also play as a defensive or central midfielder. On retiring, the club retired his number 4 jersey and named him as Vice President.

Zanetti won honours including five Serie A and four Coppa Italia titles with Inter.The 2010 UEFA Champions League Final on 22 May 2010 was Zanetti's 700th game with Inter, and the team's victory on the night made him the only captain to win a treble with an Italian club. Internationally, he holds the record of the most capped player in the history of the Argentine national team and played in the 1996 Olympic tournament, five Copa América tournaments and two World Cups, in 1998 and 2002. He holds the record for the highest all-time appearances by a non-Italian born player for an Italian club and his 858 official matches for the club put him first in Inter's all-time appearances list.

Zanetti earned the nickname El Tractor for his stamina and tireless runs up and down the wings to aid both attack and defence. He was known amongst his teammates for consistency and fitness regime, which he has credited with prolonging his career. During his last few seasons he started in over thirty games despite being in his late thirties. As captain, he was well-respected by both fans and the opposition for his calm demeanour and conduct; in his entire 22-year career, he only received two red cards.

He's 24, He is in his prime, he is at Inter Milan. Here is The Tractor!

JavierZanetti_OverviewProfile-8_zps70522478.png

so interesting this one. zanetti's crossing was so good. his crossing isnt that good on fm 2010 or above. so , the age decrease his crossing?

Thanks for clearing this.I really wonder before,how come zanetti grow older without any decreased attribute.now I know which one is decreased.. ,now I kno he decreased at jumping and crossing

anyway, I hear zanetti was playing center back, when gasperini introduce 3-4-3 at inter milan.is that right? if yes, Then maybe, we should put some point for cb,like 7 for example..

sorry for very late reply.but I missed this post

if ronaldo are not natural ml, how could he be ml at your database?

He is not a natural ML in the database. He could learn to play the position better but he is not natural in that position. He would need to be trained in this position.

He is a natural AML only.

If you want to gain a better understanding on the different levels in terms of position, then you should read the information in the link below.

http://www.footballmanager.com/manual/?id=561

Here you can see that there is more than just the natural position, you can be accomplished, competent, unconvincing, awkward or ineffectual as well and it would still show on his positions chart. If he had no level in the position, then the position would not show at all.

The way then to get them to improve their level in the position is to train them in the position you want, and also to play them in that position too, and it can take a season or so to get them to a higher level, however it is unusual to be able to train a player into a natural if he was not already a natural in the position, unless you train the player and play them in that position from a younger age, whilst the player is still in their formative and developmental stages.

So Cristiano is just accomplished in the position, he is not a natural (bright green) in the position, His only natural position is AML.

so interesting this one. zanetti's crossing was so good. his crossing isnt that good on fm 2010 or above. so , the age decrease his crossing?

Thanks for clearing this.I really wonder before,how come zanetti grow older without any decreased attribute.now I know which one is decreased.. ,now I kno he decreased at jumping and crossing

anyway, I hear zanetti was playing center back, when gasperini introduce 3-4-3 at inter milan.is that right? if yes, Then maybe, we should put some point for cb,like 7 for example..

You do raise an excellent point here.

Most reports and research do not mention the central defence position, it mentions all the other positions around this, however having done some more checks, there are one or two reports that claim he was played in that position and it does stand to reason (common sense) that if he could be trained in all the positions around this then he could most likely be trained in this position too so therefore I have taken your advice and put him as trainable in this position also.

The screenshot has now been updated and many thanks for bringing this to my attention. :thup:

Today is a preview of the Manchester United Squad. This may not be the final Manchester United team but it is very close to it.

Chairman: James Gibson

Manager: Sir Matt Busby

ManchesterUnited_SquadPlayers-2_zps5af15b2b.png

but ronaldo really act as ml here. see urself he is ml(amrl)

since there is that position at database,so it would at least accomplished. I dont think he would play ml, even at competent role :(

but ronaldo really act as ml here. see urself he is ml(amrl)

since there is that position at database,so it would at least accomplished. I dont think he would play ml, even at competent role :(

I agree, he shouldn't be accomplished for left midfield, I have adjusted his positional abilities. Well Spotted and thanks for bringing this to my attention. :thup:

The screenshot has now been updated.

I agree, he shouldn't be accomplished for left midfield, I have adjusted his positional abilities. Well Spotted and thanks for bringing this to my attention. :thup:

The screenshot has now been updated.

Thats great . btw ,how about ur database? is it done by 90% or more?

and,if new fm released (FM 2015) could the database used there?

Thats great . btw ,how about ur database? is it done by 90% or more?

and,if new fm released (FM 2015) could the database used there?

Hi Adsuperjenius,

At the moment I don't have a release date, when I do, I will announce it on here.

I do not know if the database can be used with FM2015 because I will only know that once FM2015 is released.

Matthias Sindelar played for the celebrated Austria national team of the early 1930s known as the Wunderteam, which he captained at the 1934 World Cup.

He was renowned as one the finest pre-war footballers, known for his fantastic dribbling ability and creativity. He was voted the best Austrian footballer of the 20th Century in a 1999 poll by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS) and was named Austria's sportsman of the century a year before.

He helped the team win the Austrian Cup in 1925, 1926, 1933, 1935 and 1936, a league title in 1926, and the Mitropa Cup in 1933 and 1936.

In 2001, Sindelar was chosen in Austria's Team of the Century.

Sindelar was arguably one of Europe's best and, in scope, most influential footballers of his generation, recognized for his ball control, passing and dribbling, and his creativity. Anecdote has it that some Viennese football fans went to Sindelar's games not only to see him play but to get a better understanding of how football should be played.

And coming in at just 9 million pounds, he is surely worth a bid or two? But will the club be willing to sell, and will YOU be making a bid? :lol:

GIVE IT UP FOR: 'THE MOZART OF FOOTBALL'

MatthiasSindelar_OverviewProfile-5_zps532dfe33.png

^^^ Re. Matthias Sindelar.

Looks good, I'd argue you could bring strength down further, maybe to about 10?

What preferred moves do you have for him? He should certainly have "comes deep to get ball".

Agreed. Screenshot has now been updated.

He has:

Comes Deep to Get Ball

Runs with ball down the centre

Moves into Channels

Places Shots

Runs with Ball often

COMING SOON!

THE WILD ROVER

Legendary Scotland and Celtic captain Dan Doyle was a character unlike any other, before or since, in the world of football. A brilliant player but with a stormy temper and a troubled relationship with gambling and drink, Doyle’s life on and off the pitch makes for an incredible story.

Until his retirement in 1899, Doyle was always a controversial figure. Involved in an on-pitch incident that resulted in the death of another player, prone to vocal outbursts against opponents, referees and the FA and even the subject of a prolonged campaign in the English press to have him permanently banned from playing in the country, Doyle never tempered his character. He was free to do as he liked because of his incredible gift as a footballer and because a Celtic or Scotland team with him was infinitely better than one without him.

Dan Doyle always was a mystery, one of the many brilliant players with a tendency to self-destruct. Yet he was a tremendous player for whom the Celtic and Scotland supporters had a great deal of affection in spite of his many faults. On at least two occasions he failed to turn up for important games, yet everyone still talked about him in reverential terms.

Treat with CAUTION! He is Outspoken, He is Confrontational and He has a very short temper, but he is without any doubt. (WORLD CLASS)!

NedDoyle_OverviewInformation-9_zps261e9d84.png

Agreed. Screenshot has now been updated.

He has:

Comes Deep to Get Ball

Runs with ball down the centre

Moves into Channels

Places Shots

Runs with Ball often

I agree with all of those except "moves into channels" as I think that will pull him out of the F9 / SS position that was his game. Sindelar's game was about baffling the centre-back by playing in front of him. Now, that said, I guess it depends on the testing you've done and maybe you found he needed that PPM to give him the movement he might not have otherwise?

I forgot to say before, I wonder what his professionalism rating should be, given that he died in myterious circumstances? Now, that said, this article is interesting and suggests something sinister went on and that he was actually a really good guy.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/sports/political+football+matthias+sindelar/1056747.html

A really fascinating bloke :)

I agree with all of those except "moves into channels" as I think that will pull him out of the F9 / SS position that was his game. Sindelar's game was about baffling the centre-back by playing in front of him. Now, that said, I guess it depends on the testing you've done and maybe you found he needed that PPM to give him the movement he might not have otherwise?

I forgot to say before, I wonder what his professionalism rating should be, given that he died in myterious circumstances? Now, that said, this article is interesting and suggests something sinister went on and that he was actually a really good guy.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/sports/political+football+matthias+sindelar/1056747.html

A really fascinating bloke :)

I will remove the special move and do another test on him and see if it makes a difference in terms of his movements. :thup:

The legend goes that he refused to play for the united Germany and then killed by the gestapo who had him under surveillance.

However, in a 2000s documentary screened on the BBC, Egon Ulbrich, a lifelong friend of Sindelar, stated that a local official was bribed to record his death as an accident, which ensured that he would receive a state funeral. "According to the Nazi rules, a person who had been murdered or who has committed suicide cannot be given a grave of honour. So we had to do something to ensure that the criminal element involved in his death was removed," he stated. It has also been suggested that Sindelar was killed for his opposition for the Anschluss. The Nazi secret police force, the notorious Gestapo, had a file on him and had kept his café under surveillance.

I have him as a 10 for professionalism. Do you think that's too low?

I will remove the special move and do another test on him and see if it makes a difference in terms of his movements. :thup:

The legend goes that he refused to play for the united Germany and then killed by the gestapo who had him under surveillance.

However, in a 2000s documentary screened on the BBC, Egon Ulbrich, a lifelong friend of Sindelar, stated that a local official was bribed to record his death as an accident, which ensured that he would receive a state funeral. "According to the Nazi rules, a person who had been murdered or who has committed suicide cannot be given a grave of honour. So we had to do something to ensure that the criminal element involved in his death was removed," he stated. It has also been suggested that Sindelar was killed for his opposition for the Anschluss. The Nazi secret police force, the notorious Gestapo, had a file on him and had kept his café under surveillance.

I have him as a 10 for professionalism. Do you think that's too low?

I think it might be too low.

On first glance, it does look like he died in dodgy circumstances but the more you read, it seems like he was framed.

I'm guessing most of your players have high professionalism, I'd suggest go with whatever your default rating is.

I would also suggest, given that there is much evidence that he was a conscientious objector to the Nazis, that perhaps a reasonably high sportsmanship rating might be appropriate. Also, given that he clearly wasn't afraid to go against the grain, high ability to cope with pressure.

I think it might be too low.

On first glance, it does look like he died in dodgy circumstances but the more you read, it seems like he was framed.

I'm guessing most of your players have high professionalism, I'd suggest go with whatever your default rating is.

I would also suggest, given that there is much evidence that he was a conscientious objector to the Nazis, that perhaps a reasonably high sportsmanship rating might be appropriate. Also, given that he clearly wasn't afraid to go against the grain, high ability to cope with pressure.

It just depends on the player for me. Every player is different so I don't have a default rating as such. I have his Sportsmanship as 18 and his pressure as 18 as well. I completely agree with you that those two need to be high and I have put his professionalism up to 16 as I do think that was too low as well which you have just confirmed for me, and I have his loyalty at 20 because he has stayed loyal to what he believed in very difficult circumstances. :thup:

Out of interest, what would you consider his controversial rating to be?

Jean-Pierre Papin is a former French professional football player who was European Footballer of the Year in 1991. Papin achieved his greatest success while playing for Olympique Marseille between 1986 and 1992.

During Papin's hugely successful spell at Olympique Marseille, with the Frenchman as striker and team leader Marseille won four French league championships in a row (1989–1992), a French league and cup double in 1989 and reached the final of the European Champions Cup in 1991, losing to Red Star Belgrade after a penalty shootout. During this period, Papin was the French league's top scorer for five consecutive seasons (from 1988 to 1992). While at Marseille he won the Ballon d'or, awarded to Europe's top footballer, in 1991. He is the only player to win this award while playing for a French club. At club level, he scored 157 goals in 254 appearances for Olympique de Marseille .

Here he is back at Marseille at just 23 years of age. Welcome Back to the NINE OF HEARTS!

Jean-PierrePapin_OverviewProfile-6_zpsf500b41a.png

It just depends on the player for me. Every player is different so I don't have a default rating as such. I have his Sportsmanship as 18 and his pressure as 18 as well. I completely agree with you that those two need to be high and I have put his professionalism up to 16 as I do think that was too low as well which you have just confirmed for me, and I have his loyalty at 20 because he has stayed loyal to what he believed in very difficult circumstances. :thup:

Out of interest, what would you consider his controversial rating to be?

Good question, I'd forgotten about that rating.

The temptation would be that as he went against societal norms, for this to be high.

However, those norms were extreme.

Put him in today's society, would he be controversial? I'm not sure he would - I don't think he was outspoken for the sake of being outspoken. I'd put it mid-range.

Good question, I'd forgotten about that rating.

The temptation would be that as he went against societal norms, for this to be high.

However, those norms were extreme.

Put him in today's society, would he be controversial? I'm not sure he would - I don't think he was outspoken for the sake of being outspoken. I'd put it mid-range.

Agreed. :thup: The temptation was to put it high having initially been low, but I agree that mid range is the best option.

Archived