Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

In Line with bringing back PSV, the following changes will be made:

Manchester United

IN

Rio Ferdinand

OUT

Jaap Stam to PSV

West Ham

IN

Steve Potts (505 appearances for West Ham)

OUT

Rio Ferdinand

A.C. Milan

IN

Dejan Savićević

OUT

Ruud Gullit (to PSV)

Screenshots will be updated shortly. :thup:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Historically, Ajax (named after the legendary Greek hero) is the most successful club in the Netherlands, with 33 Eredivisie titles and 18 KNVB Cups. Along with PSV Eindhoven and Feyenoord, it is one of the country's "big three" clubs who have dominated Dutch football, as well as being the only three clubs that have never been relegated from the top division.

Ajax is historically one of the most successful clubs in the world; according to the IFFHS, Ajax were the seventh-most successful European club of the 20th century. The club is one of the five teams that has earned the right to keep the European Cup and to wear a multiple-winner badge; they won consecutively in 1971–1973.

We welcome back the Manager and the Chairman from their most successful period in the early seventies!

In 1972, they completed the continental treble by winning the Eredivisie, KNVB Cup, and the European Cup. Ajax's last international trophies were the 1995 Intercontinental Cup and the 1995 Champions League, where they defeated Milan in the final; they lost the 1996 Champions League final on penalties to Juventus.

In terms of quality and class, Ajax are a class apart, when they brought total football, football was at its very best. Football was Total and Ajax were Kings, and we bring back the best of the seventies treble winning European cup champions and the cream of Louis Van Gaals eighties dynamos.

Can you defeat the Ajax Golden Generation!? Can anyone stop them winning the European cup again?

We are honoured to bring you 'the Sons of the Gods'... HERE COME THE AMSTERDAMMERS!!

Chairman: Jaap van Praag

Manager: Ștefan Kovács

Ajax_SquadPlayers-5_zps905a3dcc.png

PSV’s history contains two golden eras revolving around the UEFA Cup victory in 1978 and the 1987–88 European Cup victory as part of the continental treble in 1988. The team has won the Eredivisie 21 times, the domestic cup nine times and the Johan Cruijff Shield nine times. Currently, PSV is 28th on the UEFA club coefficients ranking. They have never been relegated from the top division and are one of the big 3 clubs in Holland.

The 1987-88 season turned out to be PSV’s best year in history. The Eredivisie was won four matches before the end after many high scoring matches, leading up to 117 goals. They also won the European Cup that year under the guidance of Guus Hiddink.

Let's take a look at the PSV team, this may not be the final PSV team but it is very close to it.

Director: Harry van Raaij

Manager: Guus Hiddink

PSV_SquadPlayers-3_zps7f0bdf20.png

Cruyff was one of the most famous exponents of the football philosophy known as Total Football explored by Rinus Michels, and is widely regarded as one of the greatest players in football history. He led the Netherlands national team to the final of the 1974 FIFA World Cup and received the Golden Ball as player of the tournament. At club level, Cruyff started his career at Ajax where he won eight Eredivisie titles and three European Cups. In 1999, Cruyff was voted European Player of the Century in an election held by the International Federation of Football History & Statistics, and came second behind Pelé in their World Player of the Century poll. He was chosen on the World Team of the 20th Century in 1998, the FIFA World Cup Dream Team in 2002, and in 2004 was named in the FIFA 100 list of the world's greatest living players.

Considered as one of the most influential figures in football history.

"Johan Cruyff's miracles in Amsterdam were many. He and his coach Rinus Michels (a sort of John the Baptist figure) raised Ajax from obscurity. More important, they invented a new way of playing. Cruyff became the greatest exponent and teacher of totaalvoetbal [Total Football]. His vision of perfect movement and harmony on the field was rooted in the same sublime ordering of space that one sees in the pictures of Vermeer or church painter Pieter Jansz Saenredam. It was the music of the spheres on grass." David Winner, the author of Brilliant Orange: The Neurotic Genius of Dutch Football

"I loved the Dutch in the ’70s, they excited me and Cruyff was the best. He was my childhood hero; I had a poster of him on my bedroom wall. He was a creator. He was at the heart of a revolution with his football. Ajax changed football and he was the leader of it all. If he wanted he could be the best player in any position on the pitch." Eric Cantona

"He [Cruyff] was pretty intelligent, too! A real football brain. He had superb control, he was inventive and he could perform magic with a ball to get himself out of trouble instinctively. He got a lot of goals, and although he was so skilful, he didn’t show off – he played to the strengths of the players around him. This side would really keep hold of the ball." Bobby Charlton.

Cruyff also perfected a move now known as the "Cruyff Turn." To do this move, Cruyff would look to pass or cross the ball. Instead of kicking it, he would drag the ball behind his planted foot with the inside of his other foot, turn through 180 degrees, and accelerate away outside a defender.

He was simply "Pythagoras in boots", If he was a beer, he would of been a Carlsberg, because he was probably the best footballer in the world! :lol:

JohanCruijff_OverviewProfile-2_zpsb7508011.png

Ferenc Puskas was widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time. He scored 84 goals in 85 international matches for Hungary and 514 goals in 529 matches in the Hungarian and Spanish leagues! He became Olympic champion in 1952 and led his nation to the final of the 1954 World Cup where he was named the tournament's best player. He won three European Cups (1959, 1960, 1966), 10 national championships (5 Hungarian & 5 Spanish Primera División) and 8 top individual scoring honours.

Puskás started his career in Hungary playing for Kispest and Budapest Honvéd. He was top scorer in the Hungarian League on four occasions, and in 1948, he was the top goal scorer in Europe. During the 1950s, he was both a prominent member and captain of the Hungarian national team, known as the Mighty Magyars.

"I was with (Bobby) Charlton, (Denis) Law and Puskás, we were coaching in a football academy in Australia. The youngsters we were coaching did not respect him including making fun of his weight and age...We decided to let the guys challenge a coach to hit the crossbar 10 times in a row, obviously they picked the old fat one. Law asked the kids how many they thought the old fat coach would get out of ten. Most said less than five. I said ten. The old fat coach stepped up and hit nine in a row. For the tenth shot he scooped the ball in the air, bounced it off both shoulders and his head, then flicked it over with his heel and cannoned the ball off the crossbar on the volley. They all stood in silence then one kid asked who he was, I replied, "To you, his name is Mr. Puskás". George Best

"Of all of us, he was the best. He had a seventh sense for soccer. If there were 1,000 solutions, he would pick the 1001st. " Nándor Hidegkuti

"Puskás scared the hell out of goalkeepers from the 30-35 metre range. He did not just have a powerful shot, but precision as well. I thought he was a genius." Raymond Kopa

Here he is! Back at Honved again at just 24 years of age... One of the biggest Legends the game has ever seen. THE GALLOPING MAJOR!

FerencPuskas_OverviewProfile-3_zps4b6be3a9.png

Great job on Puskas he looks a beast of a striker/inside forward ........... will you be recreating the rest of The Mighty Magyars?

Hi Izagooner,

The whole of the Mighty Magyars have been recreated and are ready to rock n roll!

I have tested Puskas and he is a goal machine. :thup:

Thanks.

Puskas looks great one of the greatest forwards ever it will be great to play against them Mighty Magyars you got many more teams left to do

At the moment I'm researching wolves, celtic and rangers.... Yes, I have finished the Mighty Magyars, they have some amazing players! I am sure Hungary will be a major force in this game.

On 25 November 1953, an international football match was played between Hungary—then the world's number one ranked team, the Olympic champions and on a run of 24 unbeaten games, and England. Hungary won 6–3; England were shown to be technically and tactically inferior to the Hungarian side. The result led to a review of the antiquated training and tactics used by the England team, and the subsequent adoption of continental practices at an international and club level in the English game.

Hungary has begun the very earliest form of what the Dutch would later recreate as 'Total Football'

What is significant about this win?

No-one beat England at this time, they had only lost once previously to foreign opposition.

England were considered the best team in the world, Hungary didn't just beat them, they tore them apart.

The England team lined up in its usual WM formation, and included Stanley Matthews, Stan Mortensen, goalkeeper Gil Merrick, future England manager Alf Ramsey and captain Billy Wright—widely regarded as one of the best defenders in the world.

The Hungarian team lined up in the 2-3-3-2 formation pioneered by their coach, Gusztáv Sebes. They were the Mighty Magyars!

"We saw a style of play, a system of play that we had never seen before. None of these players meant anything to us. We didn't know about Puskás. All these fantastic players, they were men from Mars as far as we were concerned. They were coming to England, England had never been beaten at Wembley—this would be a 3-0, 4-0 maybe even 5-0 demolition of a small country who were just coming into European football. They called Puskás the 'Galloping Major' because he was in the army—how could this guy serving for the Hungarian army come to Wembley and rifle us to defeat? But the way they played, their technical brilliance and expertise—our WM formation was kyboshed in ninety minutes of football. The game had a profound effect, not just on myself but on all of us." Robson went onto say: "That one game alone changed our thinking. We thought we would demolish this team—England at Wembley, we are the masters, they are the pupils. It was absolutely the other way." Sir Bobby Robson

On 23 May 1954, England visited Budapest in the hope of avenging the 6–3 defeat; instead, Hungary gave a masterclass in football, beating England 7–1. It still ranks as England's heaviest footballing defeat.

Let's have a good look at that team that faced England and demolished them, as we feature every single member of that Hungarian Team!

GK 1 Gyula Grosics (Honvéd) © Substituted off 78'

RB 2 Jenő Buzánszky (Dorogi)

LB 3 Mihály Lantos (Vörös Lobogó)

DM 4 József Bozsik (Honvéd)

CB 5 Gyula Lóránt (Honvéd)

CB 6 József Zakariás (Vörös Lobogó)

RW 7 László Budai (Honvéd)

FW 8 Sándor Kocsis (Honvéd)

AM 9 Nándor Hidegkuti (Vörös Lobogó)

FW 10 Ferenc Puskás (Honvéd)

LW 11 Zoltán Czibor (Honvéd)

could you post a screen shot of Mighty Magyars and Hidegkuti the firstever false nine please

I have released the whole team. Obviously there are more Hungarians.. But these are the first eleven in that brilliant team! :thup:

they look amazing they must be one of the best teams on the game think ill start as manager of hungary

They are an amazing team. They would be a great country to manage!!

Here's another one for you. He was very tall and a master of the header of the ball. He was very accurate with his head. He would tower over defenders and the legend goes that he was never beaten to the ball by his opponent in an aerial battle! He was as damaging with his head in terms of accuracy as Puskas was with his feet.

GyulaSzilagyi_OverviewProfile-8_zps628a0ba7.png

what a great target man he'll make this game is getting better everyday si games should hire you to do an official legends game i think it would be very popular

I was thinking that, he was probably the original target man! You are right, if SI did ever decide to do an official legends game, then it would be very popular. I would certainly be willing to to help them create it. :thup:

The Mighty Magyars what a great team what a great job your doing ..... Hungary for the World Cup

Was wondering if you are going to increase the youth rating of nations to keep up a flow of great players once these legends sadly retire?

The Mighty Magyars what a great team what a great job your doing ..... Hungary for the World Cup

Was wondering if you are going to increase the youth rating of nations to keep up a flow of great players once these legends sadly retire?

That is something I will be looking into doing. I am working on Portugal at the moment. Benfica won the European cup a few times, so I can't ignore that.

I will be increasing the youth ratings across the board to ensure that there is a greater chance of legendary regens, and I also think by programming the game with so many legends and stars, it will mean more legendary and star regens become available hopefully with similar sounding names as well once the original legends and stars sadly retire from this game. :thup:

Update: After much thought and consideration and having done some research in Portugal, I will be releasing a 25 man Porto and Benfica squad to add to the list of 25 man teams which have already been completed. :thup:

Arsenal 2-2 Tottenham (After Extra Time) (Tottenham win 5 - 3 on penalties) - Match Highlights (Carling Cup 3rd Round)

The match was played in front of a crowd of 60338 at Emirates Stadium in Football Manager 2014. It ended with the teams finishing level after a 2-2 draw. The match went into extra time but neither team were able to grab the winner. With the teams tied a penalty shoot-out decided the match, with Tottenham taking the victory with a 5-3 win on penalties.

http://youtu.be/w121cBwgE-Y

For best viewing, watch in Full HD

how can I download this do I have to use the steam workshop

Hi Cork Celtic,

This has not been released yet, when it is released you will be able to download it directly from here.

Full instructions will be put in here regarding how to download it and if you have any issues I will be on hand to help you as well.

In regards to the Steam Workshop, I still have not decided if it will be available via the steam workshop or not because my sole focus is on bringing this ready for release as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask! :thup:

ok when do you think your gone to release this, will I just keep checking on here

The best thing to do is keep checking, It is coming soon.. I don't have an estimated release date yet, however I am hoping to release it next week sometime.

As soon as I have a definite release date, I will announce it on here. :thup:

what a great target man he'll make this game is getting better everyday si games should hire you to do an official legends game i think it would be very popular

I asked Miles about this once on Twitter and he didn't spell it out directly, but he more or less said they don't have the required rights to make 'legends' databases. If you notice, there's one game that does have a legends element, and it belongs to the good people of EA. So it's unofficial hobbyists who will be re-creating legends for the time being!

Fenech, are there any Welsh greats in there? (other than Meredith and Giggsy) I'm dying to see your take on John Charles!

At the moment the most notable welsh players in the game are: (in no particular order)

Ryan Giggs

Ian Rush

Neville Southall

Gareth Bale

John Charles

Billy Meredith

Gary Speed

Cliff Jones

Grenville Morris (who has been featured on here)

Ron Burgess (Starred for Spurs in the Sixties)

and do you remember? Leighton James

Of course there are many more good welsh players, but these are the ones of most note. Also, there may be more once the game is completed that I haven't got round to yet!

John Charles is only 17 at Leeds United, so here is my take on a 17 year old John Charles with bags of potential!

JohnCharles_OverviewProfile_zpsd3c4f94b.png

I asked Miles about this once on Twitter and he didn't spell it out directly, but he more or less said they don't have the required rights to make 'legends' databases. If you notice, there's one game that does have a legends element, and it belongs to the good people of EA. So it's unofficial hobbyists who will be re-creating legends for the time being!

thats a pitty cause i think it would be very popular i know i and most of my friends would buy it .still for the time begin Fenech database looks like its going to be the best legends update ever

thats a pitty cause i think it would be very popular i know i and most of my friends would buy it .still for the time begin Fenech database looks like its going to be the best legends update ever

I agree that it would be very popular. In this Legends game, you will find a lot of depth because it's covering over 100 years of footballing history. Hopefully it will be as close as possible to what an official legends game would look like. I am looking forward to releasing it soon. :thup:

it looks great im looking forward to playing it and i will give you feedback as to what i think of it .i can see that you have really researched all the players in it

That's great and I welcome any feedback too. The research does take up the most time but it's important to get the player as close as possible to ensure a more enjoyable experience once the game is complete. :thup:

Archived