[FM14] Here it is, the final throw of the European dice.

kris0710

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Jupiler League

December 2015

fZ4hH1S.png

A much better three games takes us into the winter break sitting top of the table. FC Oss were beaten well before a shocking show at Jong FC Twente saw us twice come from behind to win thanks to a goal from sub Luirink. Ended the month with a 0-0 at FC Eindhoven which saw us miss plenty of chances to win the game.

VSP0WV9.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck man, Hopefully this is your year!

Thank you, an honour to get your first post too :thup:

Funny seeing Fortuna Sittard being in what should be a relegation spot but they're saved due to early season form!

I was meant to comment on that actually. They have been shocking after getting 16 points in the first seven games just eight points in the next 15 games have them struggling. I'm sure i will end up in the play offs so they are who i want in the draw!

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Jupiler League

January 2016

Mid Season Friendly

L188pPc.png

League

yAEubCm.png

Great start to the second part of the season with three wins from three. Needed to come from behind and score twice late on to see off RKC while Jong Ajax were little threat as we beat them 3-0. Ended the month with a great 5-0 home win that included a hat trick from Muhren.

O4VAO2F.png

Looking good for now, plenty of time to blow it.

Transfers

Just the once change to the squad this January, Keith Andrews joins after leaving Bolton last summer. Played all 46 Championship games last season as Bolton struggled and were relegated on GD.

Good luck in the final part of the season, hopefully you'll win the title this time.

I'm curious, is Achilles'29 still at semi-pro level?

I am trying my best to throw to away!

No, Achilles '29 are now Professional. They turned Pro at the end of the first season.

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Jupiler League

February 2016

FjquwJK.png

Well look at that, earlier than normal we try to give the title away. On the plus side we have three teams chasing us hard and they are dropping points too.

uUutOmb.png

Despite the worst of months we maintain our four point lead at the top. March gives us 5 fixtures, four of which against sides from 8th or lower. The month ends at home to 2nd place SC Cambuur.

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Jupiler League

March 2016

EzWNlnN.png

A mixed bag of results this month has seen us stay in the title hunt. We have gone from leading to trailing to being just two minutes away from topping the table going into the final four games. Bit as it stands we play catch up and have two very tough fixtures to play. Started off by losing a 2-0 lead against Helmond Sport after Osbourne was sent off. Defeat then followed with Sparta doing what they do a lot against us and win. Needed a late goal from sub Fafiani to see of Telstar and struggled greatly to beat a lowly Jong PSV. That took us into the final game of the month in 2nd place, hosting the leaders. After falling behind we struck twice quickly to lead and take the top spot back but a worldie cross from none other than Rafael van der Vaart left the SC Cambuur striker with an easy far post header.

avx21i6.png

A point adrift and we still need to travel to 4th placed Achilles '29 and host 3rd placed MVV. Final day sees us play struggling FC Emmen.

Youth Candidates

1AzgoaN.png

Daryl Guerrero

Erwin Achterberg

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Jupiler League

April 2016

xjVGyvM.png

A bit of a turn up here, winning the two i expected us to choke on and losing the most winnable of the three. Started with a good away win that was made to look tighter than it was thanks to a 91st minute goal for Achilles '29. Almere fought back after we led and struck a winner with just two minutes to go and thankfully a late goal denied SC Cambuur three points in their fixture. Saw off 3rd place MVV after an early 2-0 lead we scored quickly after the lead had been halved. Another late goal made for an interesting few minutes.

xuLuFtW.png

SC Cambuur lost at VVV meaning we are in control going into the final day.

We host relegated FC Emmen

SC Cambuur go to 12th placed ADO Den Haag

3rd placed MVV have a small chance of the title and they travel to VVV.

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Jupiler League

The Final Day

MMQepow.png

That ends the slim hopes of MVV.

4I1ppGk.png

That late goal means we just need to avoid a heavy defeat to win the title. Surely even we cant throw it away now...

y2fTJL4.png

AT LAST! WE HAVE DONE IT!!!!

xGGBZjT.png

cSHWSN1.png

soAQuUe.png

XiOuRQh.png

Go on kris!

Give it some boy.

How are the youth coming along? They look decent...

Done, at last!

As for the youth. I have two in my first team squad. 2014 Youth Recruit Hans Kolk is my number two keeper and from this years intake Daryl Guerrero has played twice for me. Another youth player from 2014, Frans Lammers has been on loan at Helmond Sport this year scoring 4 in 12 games. On his recent attribute change all of his Technical, all but one of his Physical and 9 of his mental stats have improved. My problem is i now don't play with wingers and that is where he is suited.

Around the Leagues

Belgium

Genk win back the title from Anderlecht, running out 8 points clear at the top. Mons scored an 118th minute winner to grab the Belgian Cup beating KV Mechelen.

England

Chelsea cruised to the title, winning by 7 points from Man City and leading the way from game 23. Man utd and Liverpool take the two remaining CL spots with Spurs 5th, Arsenal 6th. Hull, Middlesbrough and Watford are going down. Stoke beat Man City 2-1 in the FA Cup and Cardiff saw off Spurs to win the Capital One Cup. Sheff Wed beat Sheff Utd 4-0 in the Championship Play Off Final to join Blackburn and Wigan in the top flight. (Cambridge won the Skrill Premier Play Off's with Luton going up as Champions with 117 points!)

France

Once again PSG dominated and won the league by 8 points. Lyon were 2nd with Monaco 3rd. Monaco won the French Cup and Stade de Reims won the Coupe de la Ligue.

Germany

Bayern have won the league again, 13 points clear of Dortmund and losing just twice all season. Werder Bremen beat Koln on penalties to win the German Cup.

Holland

PSV are the Champions on Holland. This season has seen Ajax finish 7th and Feyenoord down in 9th. FC Groningen needed extra time to win the Dutch Cup over Heracles.

Italy

Juventus have won Serie A by 3 points from AC Milan. AC were runners up in the Italian Cup losing to Fiorentina after extra time.

Scotland

Another title for Celtic with Rangers finishing 7th on their return to the top flight. Inverness CT won the Scottish Cup and Celtic got the League Cup for a domestic double.

Spain

Barcelona retain the title in style beating Real Madrid by 11 points. An all Madrid affair in the Copa del Rey with Real winning 3-0.

Champions League

Manchester City beat Bayern 1-0 in the Final thanks to an Edin Dzeko goal.

Europa League

Genk complete a great double seeing off Bordeaux 3-0.

|Season | Club | Divison | Country | Position | Other |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=#ff8c00]|2013/14 | FC Volendam | Juplier League | Holland | 2nd | Lost in PlayOffs, Dutch Cup Runners Up |[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]|2014/15 | FC Volendam | Juplier League | Holland | 3rd | Lost in PlayOffs |[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]|2015/16 | FC Volendam | Juplier League | Holland | 1st | CHAMPIONS! |[/color]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congats. Looking forward to seeing you compete in the Eredivisie. Hopefully you'll avoid defeat as you obviously need three seasons to get a promotion. :D The Dutch Benfica.

Oh, one thing I have to ask - can you post Achilles' transfers in the first season? I'm thinking of playing with them but I'm afraid I'll lose most of the players as they are all on amateur contracts.

Congrats and another good story to follow but wow, the Dutch league system is just beyond mental. I know so much of it is what you are used to but seeing a team just plummet in the second half of the season because they were so good in the first and have grabbed a playoff spot just seems, well, wrong really.

Anyways, onwards and upwards you go :)

cT8SbWd.png

Belgium Under 23's

Olympic Games

Friendlies

tY7R3lc.png

Three good results prior to Brazil but injuries picked up are not helping. The squad looks short of fitness already.

Group C

QdUEDhJ.png

Started off in great fashion then drew with leaders Mexico. Went into the final game knowing a point would be enough for a Quarter Final place.

BZQOqf6.png

Quarter Final

ovPvdys.png

After falling behind then having a man sent off i was delight with Hazard fluke goal to bring extra time. That 30 minutes were poor, one chance a piece then the drama of penalties. After Gerkens missed the first pen the other nine were scored and Chile progress 5-4.

Congats. Looking forward to seeing you compete in the Eredivisie. Hopefully you'll avoid defeat as you obviously need three seasons to get a promotion. :D The Dutch Benfica.

Oh, one thing I have to ask - can you post Achilles' transfers in the first season? I'm thinking of playing with them but I'm afraid I'll lose most of the players as they are all on amateur contracts.

Click here for the Achilles '29 transfers. They have gone from strength to strength since turning pro and will be playing in the top league this year after winning the play offs.

Congrats and another good story to follow but wow, the Dutch league system is just beyond mental. I know so much of it is what you are used to but seeing a team just plummet in the second half of the season because they were so good in the first and have grabbed a playoff spot just seems, well, wrong really.

Anyways, onwards and upwards you go :)

It is certainly a funny old system and Fortuna Sittard a proof of that. After getting the first PO spot in the second round they picked up just one point (against me). They faced Achilles '29 in the Play Offs and lost both legs 1-0. In a funny way i would have liked them to hit some form and get promoted.

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Eredivisie

Pre Season

Club Expectations

Eredivisie: Stay clear of relegation

Dutch Cup: 4th Round

My Expectations

Eredivisie: Avoid relegation

Dutch Cup: 4th Round

Transfers

PGBZGBf.png

A quiet summer mainly because the board gave me nothing at all in terms of transfer budget. Great. Leaving the club where five players all out of contract. I wanted to keep Sanchez but in January he accepted a deal to move to ADO Den Haag but it's me having the last laugh now.

Daniel Didavi - 26 year old German comes in as Sanchez replacement.

Lex Immers - An experienced all rounder who scored 9 goals in 21 games for Feyenoord last season. Could surprise me with performances.

Wouter Corstjens - Needed a new CB and he fits the bill. Was solid in the Belgian Pro League for AA Gent last season.

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Eredivisie

August 2016

yolJoS3.png

After a good start with four points from two games the curse of the late goals came into play. A goal with 8 minutes left gave the points to sc Heerenveen then away to Willem II we were a goal up as the clock ticked to 85 minutes. Then the leveller was followed by a 91st minute winner to complete the turnaround. It was another stoppage tome goal that lost us a point at home to Heracles before we ended the month with a good point at Zwolle. Work to be done next month.

tT4FRWc.png

Dutch Cup Draw

nsy0WjU.png

Great draw for us.

Record

2elHq8n.png

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Eredivisie

September 2016

IIeXF30.png

The month started ok with a draw against Excelsior although we were 2-0 up early on. Defeat at struggling Achilles '29 was purely down to me. Decided to try a new formation and i just got it wrong, simple as that. Ended with another defeat, to AZ in what was one of our best performances of the season. We had chances but couldn't put them away.

KxNOODf.png

Dutch Cup

Jqg9p5G.png

Breezed into the next round as expected.

Dutch Cup Draw

daJXdWw.png

A tough trip awaits.

Tough month, hold on tight there.

And Cambridge are up. :)

It's getting tougher. Cambridge are having a good weekend, promoted in my game and in real life too! :applause:

Good start, 6 points so far :thup: Interesting draw :D

Hopefully we can pick up a few more points. Let's not talk about the draw. :(

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Eredivisie

October 2016

bOG6BAk.png

Another tough month that has ended with four much needed points. Should have been six points as we did beat FC Twente but the game crashed on me after the next result. Hopefully i won't come to need those points in May!

pfdeGDz.png

Dutch Cup

KKzYv8U.png

A much changed side knocked out by SC Cambuur in a game where we showed very little up front.

gRPp1Yl.png

FC Volendam

Eredivisie

November 2016

sryKZMS.png

The Vitesse game crashed just as we went 2-0 down. Replaying saw us hammered well and truly and that was followed by a 90th minute winner for league leaders FC Utrecht. Ended the month with a fantastic win at home to Feyenoord. More of the same please.

9GJLMRS.png

Oh dear

ALLq7K8.png

Not the news i need a month before the transfer window opens. We were right on the wage limit so big changes need to be made.

Archived