Captain issues

Hello,

Right, I've been farting about for the last hour - can't decide what to do - any advice?

Playing as Dortmund, I need to choose a new captain. If I choose Hummels then most of the team are 'delighted' that Hummels is now captain.

if I choose Mkhitaryan then most of the team are only 'happy' that he is captain.

Does it really matter if the team are only happy instead of delighted? Hummels has only 14 influence (15 determination) whereas Mkhitaryan has 18 influence (15 determination).

So...logically I'd choose Mkhitaryan as he has the greater influence - but if the team are delighted should I instead choose Hummels? (Hummels also has us a favoured club)

Thanks for any help - I just can't decide, and I'm wasting valuable gaming time trying to decide :)

You'd definitely use Hummels as the captain IRL over Mkhity. He's German, been at the club for a while, loves the club and a true leader. In game I'd still use Hummels for those reasons. Those delighted probably like Hummels more, eg. Have him on the favoured personnel list. Length of time at club has quite a bearing on AM suggestions in my experience. For instance I have a youngster with 20 for influence yet he's very very low down the list. No one would respect him because he's done nothing in the game yet. In other words don't put too much emphasis on influence, 12+ is fine.

Archived