Tactic familiarity levels

Are team instructions suppose to decrease the familiarity levels of a tactic?

The reason I ask is because I have spent all preseason learning 3 tactics Counter, Control and Attacking with no team instructions selected. Now when I select for example purposes 'retain possession' my familiarity level for passing style goes from fully fluid to awkward?

Should I have certain team instructions in mind in preseason and train the tactic with those selected? As now I have to increase training scheduling to learn the tactic all over again.

Yup, pretty much answered your own question.

Another thing you might notice is that if you bring in a bucketload of new players in the January window your tactical familiarity will take a hit.

Yup, pretty much answered your own question.

Another thing you might notice is that if you bring in a bucketload of new players in the January window your tactical familiarity will take a hit.

Seriously? So even with my counter tactic fully trained, and by adding 'retain possession' to my attacking tactic, in the terms of sliders in theory the tempo would come in line with that of counter or even control no?

So all 3 of my counter, control and attacking tactics with no team instructions were fully fluid, added 'retain possession' to my attacking to bring the passing style in line with control (I'm thinking with imaginary sliders here) yet when I do my the passing style of my attacking tactic is now awkward. Rather silly if you ask me.

The current system could use some documentation: how to become familiar with tactics, what can we change (roles/duties?) without effecting familiarity? What effects it a bit, what tanks it. Also, a protected mode where we can't edit anything which changes it, at least outside the match engine, and perhaps a total number inside to see how off we are from 100%.

For example: it seems my players get more familiar with doing set pieces a certain way, but I don't think there is any indicator that this is the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived