AMC Shadow Striker Role

In the tactic i'm using the AMC is set to SS, i'm wondering if an AMC is better here or a striker?

The reason i ask is when i play my striker there he scores almost every game, just wondering if it's more beneficial to be playing an AMC there?

It seems to me that the SS role is very effective in 14.3, possibly too effective. I have used a few set ups with them and they always great lots of chances.

I would tend to go for a striker who can play AMC (thinking a Guisepe Rossi or even Wilfried Bony) rather than a true "AMC" - You want someone who can finish as they seem to get on the end of a lot of chances.

Michu is pretty deadly in this role, much as he was in his first season at Swansea :)

I have quite a bit of success playing KPB at Secondary Striker in a 460 with Schalke. He doesn't score much but he makes great runs and creates space, chips in with a few assists and does get goals when he gets good enough chances. I play him because he's an intelligent player and can open it up for every else to exploit the space he creates.

So I wouldn't choose between a natural Striker or a natural AMC, I would choose the more intelligent or suitable player. Preferably the more intelligent and suitable player, someone who can score bucketloads (KPB isn't a goalscorer anyway) but also open up defences with his play.

SS is an interesting role and one that I'm pleased was added. It's a fairly common role IRL so it's good to see it made part of FM :thup:

Basically, the Shadow Striker will tend to stay behind the centre forward in defence and will track back a bit more, but in attack, the idea is that he'll shift forward, either operating alongside the centre forward as a second striker or even acting as the de facto lone striker if the CF is set to drop back particularly deep.

This gives you the option of having a goal threat start deeper in the attacking transition whereas an attack duty ST will tend to operate ahead of a support duty ST at all times. It's a good option to have if you have an attacking forward who you want a little more involved in build-up play or who needs a more physically powerful CF to create space for him.

EDIT: Compared to an AMC-Attack, the Shadow Striker will tend to push forward more quickly and stay in a more central position whereas an AMC will be more inclined look for space in wider areas.

Archived