SRL88

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain_National_Football_Team_badge_zps72dc9fc1.png

SRL88's Career - Spain - May & June 2028

European Championship Warm-Up Friendlies

Spain_FixturesSchedule_zps8059136c.png

An absolutely fantastic way for us to warm-up for a major tournament with three excellent victories against sides who are very similar to the ones we will be playing in the Euro's.

After a sluggish start against Turkey we soon found our stride and just before the interval we took the lead. The second half was pure dominance on our part as Turkey barely got a touch of the ball. We scored two excellent team goals to seal the win before a fourth was added from the penalty spot in stoppage time. A superb free-kick gave us the lead against Bulgaria and then two goals in quick succession in the second half put us 3-0 up. The only blip was a late goal conceded in what was an otherwise excellent display. Despite dominating the game against Denmark we were forced to wait until very late on to pick up a win and send us into the Euro's with three wins from three.

euro-trophy_zps17391f60.jpg

UEFA 2028 European Championship

Group C

Spain_FixturesSchedule-2_zps9723c3c1.png

UEFAEuropeanFootballChampionship_OverviewStages_zps0fb6d52e.png

Our overall performances in the group was fantastic. Unfortunately we met some teams who just wanted to sit deep and nick a point which made it tough for us to break them down. We kept probing and probing though and picked up some excellent points to see us through the group comfortably.

Greece were the more difficult of all the teams we faced in the group stage but as mentioned, we kept going and a former player of mine, Ruben Oriol, a player who I handed a debut to recently had been in brilliant form for Valencia this season so he deserved a place at the Euro's and he repaid me with an excellent strike to get us off to a good start. It was more a case of poor finishing against Albania but we were fortunately awarded a penalty late on and that gave us the lead before going on to add a second goal to seal the win. After making many changes for the Sweden game where we needed a victory to finish top of our group we came away with a point. The pleasing thing was that having made many changes we battled back from a goal down we played really well and picked up a solid draw.

Other Groups

UEFAEuropeanFootballChampionship_OverviewStages-3_zps766c733b.png

UEFAEuropeanFootballChampionship_OverviewStages-4_zps18b982ab.png

Second Round Draw

UEFAEuropeanFootballChampionship_OverviewStages-2_zps0a920834.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox_zps55e7165b.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-3_zpsed38fabb.png

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-2_zps583e823b.png

Unsurprisingly we head into the Final as second favourites, especially after how convincing they have been winning their six games in the tournament thus far.

euro-trophy_zps17391f60.jpg

UEFA 2028 European Championship

Final

Starting Line-Up's

SpainvFrance_PreviewLineUps_zps11a3eac2.png

Even at this stage of the tournament where players are at their most tired we field probably our strongest team.

Ruben Oriol gets the nod upfront having had a fantastic tournament and heads into the Final as the leading goalscorer.

Final

vs. France

SpainvFrance_PitchSplit_zps2779204f.png

Excellent, just excellent.

We shell-shocked France with an unbelievable start and scored twice in the opening ten minutes. That really set the tone for the game as we played some neat passing football to keep us in charge during the opening half. We managed to add a third from the penalty spot, but when France pulled a goal back just a couple of minutes later it gave me something to think about in the second half.

We didn't have anything to worry about however in the second half as we continued to be the better side in the second half and France didn't trouble us to much, allowing us to see through the rest of the game to claim our second European Championship trophy in a row.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-10_zps0be91be6.png

A brilliant achievement by him.

His first tournament for us and he goes on to claim the Golden Boot. A brilliant tournament by him.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-11_zps715cd2bf.png

Five players in the Team of the Tournament as we dominate the side.

StevenLongstaff_NewsInbox-9_zps83d36f2d.png

And so the day arrives.

I agreed that this would be my final tournament in charge of Spain. I wish my successor all the best as he tries to keep the side looking competitive heading towards the 2030 World Cup to be held in Spain.

Resigning before a World Cup held in Spain? Winning that would have been the ultimate way to depart from being manager of Spain, excellent results once again. Three Champions Leagues in a row is fantastic, and to then add the European Championships...

Excellent performance throughout the tournament., another international title wrapped up! Overall it was convincing stuff, despite needing a penalty shootout and extra time win en route to the final. :thup:

Cheers dude :).

We should have beat Holland at any time throughout the game. We battered them, but we were lucky against Croatia. We had the better of the game but equalised in the 90th minute.

Resigning before a World Cup held in Spain? Winning that would have been the ultimate way to depart from being manager of Spain, excellent results once again. Three Champions Leagues in a row is fantastic, and to then add the European Championships...
Success on all fronts :thup:. I'm with Wegason though...I thought you'd of stuck around for the World Cup in Spain :)

It probably would have, but I've been in charge for eight years now. I wanted a rest from the International scene and it gives someone else the opportunity to build towards the World Cup.

Quite a few things to congratulate you on. You left Real Madrid in the dust in the end despite your early season concerns, reached 100 international games, signed off with the Euro's, got a near-clean sweep (the Euro Super cup barely qualifies anyway ;) ), got a CL hat-trick (which I've only ever managed once) and while you were less than convincing in the final you still pulled through (and must have been very satisfying denying Madrid yet again).

Quite a few things to congratulate you on. You left Real Madrid in the dust in the end despite your early season concerns, reached 100 international games, signed off with the Euro's, got a near-clean sweep (the Euro Super cup barely qualifies anyway ;) ), got a CL hat-trick (which I've only ever managed once) and while you were less than convincing in the final you still pulled through (and must have been very satisfying denying Madrid yet again).

Not much I can really say other than thanks :D.

SANT-ANDREU_zps02a2dd62.jpg

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Season Preview - 2028/29

Board Expectations:

Liga BBVA: Win it

UEFA Champions League: Reach the Final

UEFA Super Cup: Not Important

Copa del Rey: Not Important

Supercopa: Not Important

My Expectations:

Liga BBVA: We definitely have to finish in the top two, there is no question about that in my mind

UEFA Champions League: Quarter-Final is the bare minimum for me

UEFA Super Cup: I will be aiming to win it

Copa del Rey: I don't regard it as important, but we will see how we progress

Supercopa: It is always nice to win it

Budgets:

Transfer: £279m

Wage: £3,161,110 (currently spending £2,578,771)

Balance: £258,871,171 (+46,413,467 since last season)

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - Pre-Season - 2028/29

Friendlies

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps3a208677.png

Well I certainly couldn't have asked for a better pre-season after what has been a busy summer for a lot of the players.

Our toughest test was our opening pre-season game against PSV where in an even game which was level we found two goals in quick succession to give us a really solid win to kick off our pre-season campaign. We then had a lovely little tour of China which resulted in three wins and the players coming back in good condition before a routine win over one of our feeder clubs as we head into the season high in confidence.

Transfers

SantAndreu_TransfersTransferHistory_zps85281614.png

I set about this season wanting to secure the long-term future of the club with some quality youngsters to help improve us and that is certainly what I did.

We were raided by PSG this summer who signed three of our players. Tumelo Mahlangu was the first departure of the summer for a whopping £32.5m. He wanted a new contract but his demands were absolutely impossible for me to meet so I got the best possible deal I could and off he went. Joining him in France are Iker Llorente who wanted more first team football, something he couldn't be guaranteed with us having three quality goalkeepers. The other departure for PSG this summer was Juan Domingo Nunez who we got an offer for that I just couldn't turn down. Overall we made £77m PSG alone, all straight cash to give us an excellent financial boost. The other money departure saw 33yo Samuel Kuffour leave for Shakhtar after two seasons at the club. A quality player no doubt but it was becoming difficult to hold on to him as he was highly sought after. I was pleased that we managed to sell him to a club which aren't a direct rival to ourselves.

The other six departures this summer were all on loan which is fantastic news for the club as we have never been able to send out that many young players before. Eduardo Pulido was the first loan departure who joins Las Palmas in La Liga for the season. Another player who will be getting a taste of top flight action this season is Miguel Javier Huarte who joins Elche for the campaign. I'm delighted for both to be playing in the top flight at just 17 years of age, something I certainly couldn't have offered them. Josep Maria Planaguma and Nicolas Acedo will be playing in the Liga Adelante for Getafe and C.E. Sabadell respectively whilst Cristian, a player who has been on the books for a while now leaves for our new feeder clubs, Aston Villa. The other loan departure of pre-season was a player we signed just weeks before, Willem Leroy who will be playing in Holland for Feyenoord this season.

Augusto - A player who at just sixteen already looks like he could impress for us. This was a brilliant piece of business by me and in a year or two he will be setting the league alight for us.

Willem Leroy - Our second signing this summer from Belgian side Anderlecht and another gem we have managed to find. A good season out on loan for him will do wonders.

Raul Etxaniz - With Athletic Bilbao being relegated last season I knew I would be looking at their squad so I was pleased to snap up a solid young defender who will be a good back-up for the side.

Marvin Garcia - Another young gem who will have a big part to play in the future for the club. He will be in and around the side and will taste football for us, but I won't be heavily reliant on him.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - August 2028

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsfba87c88.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsee3d8e6c.png

A fine start to the season.

We had a potentially tricky trip to Real Sociedad but any thoughts of it being tough were completely wiped out. A dominant first half performance saw all four goals come during that period as we sealed the game in the opening period. The second half was all about doing a professional job which we did in comfortable fashion. An equally dominant display followed against Mallorca where we took a very early lead. A second soon followed and by half-time we were three goals up. Instead of sitting off we kept pressing in the second half and scored a further two goals before Mallorca scored a consolation goal to deny us a clean sheet.

UEFA Super Cup

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps065f9a2f.png

A really poor performance which led to a dreadful result against the Europa League winners.

We started every so slow and inside ten minutes we were behind. The problem really came after as we allowed that early goal to affect us and before the half hour mark Atletico were two goals up. A few stern words saw us sort ourselves out in the second half and with twelve minutes on the clock we pulled a goal back to give us a chance, but unfortunately we were unable to break them down as we fell to a poor 2-1 defeat.

Supercopa

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule2_zps65df6aec.png

This was a very tricky tie so I am delighted to have claimed the Supercopa once again.

Our first half display was fantastic against Sevilla as we scored three goals. Even in the second half we were brilliant but failed to add to our lead, and in stoppage time Sevilla pulled a goal back which made things really tricky ahead of the second leg. Sevilla made things really tough for us in that tie and just before the hour mark the game was set as they scored to take the lead on the night. The pressure we withstood was immense but we held on to claim the Supercopa.

Transfers

SantAndreu_TransfersTransferHistory_zps2ef352ec.png

There were two further loan departures before the end of the transfer window.

The first of which was a summer signing, Augusto who becomes the second Belgian player we signed from Anderlecht to head for Holland as we joins Willem II for the season. The second departure made things really difficult for us in the final hours of the transfer window. Just a day before the window shut Miguel Espinosa expressed his desire for a loan move in order to get first team football so we forced through a loan move to Tottenham for him and it left us very rushed to bring in a back-up goalkeeper on deadline day.

Inigo - £4m - A cheap deal and on a year contract he will be more than adequate for the job.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - September 2028

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps78ff8802.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps0bbd899a.png

As perfect of a month as I could have hoped for. Really pleasing.

We got off to an excellent start against Malaga which gave us early control of the game. Malaga made things difficult for us for a period in the first half but we managed to see through the half to go in a goal up. Any thoughts of us being pegged back were gone early in the second half when we doubled our lead and went on to claim a solid win. Things were very comfortable against Albacete, although we took our time to seal the game. We took the lead from the penalty spot before doubling our lead just before the hour mark. There were a couple of nerves late on but we added a third in stoppage time. It took us just 16 seconds to take the lead against Sporting and after five minutes we found ourselves two goals up. The remainder of the game was extremely one-sided and we added two goals in the second half to give us an easy three points. The month rounded off with a really hard-fought win away to Granada where the game was swung by a penalty. In an even game we were surprisingly awarded a spot-kick just before the hour mark which we converted and that gave us control of the game. We managed to double our lead in the final ten minutes to give us another solid win.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps0f927b65.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpsa89924c8.png

A very good start to the defence of our trophy.

Marseille sat deep against us and tried to make things difficult. We had to bide our time and finally managed to break them down in the 36th minute. Despite taking the lead Marseille rarely ventured forward and with a little over ten minutes remaining we the win. A stunning first half display saw us blitz our way to three points in what was on paper our most difficult game.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - October 2028

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zps4e0a81f2.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages-2_zpsb837eec6.png

A difficult month to rate really as we picked up some important wins but we weren't convincing at all and also suffered our first defeat of the season.

We got off to a flyer at the Nou Camp as we took the lead, and what turned out to be the only goal of the game after just thirty seconds. From then on however we never really got going and struggled to make an impact on the game. Barcelona dominated possession and had many attempts at goal but couldn't break us down, although we have to consider ourselves lucky to have held on for a 1-0 win. Against Valencia where we suffered our first defeat of the season it was the opposite. It was us who dominated the game throughout and couldn't score. They had one attempt at goal and scored with it while we had enough shots that could have covered three games. We got off to a good start against Elche and looked dominant but once again in front of goal we struggled as we attempted to seal the game. Luckily, we were never threatened so our 1-0 lead was never in question, but we should have added more. A tough encounter at Atletico Madrid followed where we picked up a massive three points. In an even game where a sending off with fifteen minutes remaining swung things, we were given the advantage and with four minutes remaining found the winning goal. A solid performance rounded off the month as we scored a goal in each half to give us a convincing win over Las Palmas.

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-4_zps70178094.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages-2_zpsbcdab49b.png

Not a convincing performance or result by any stretch, but another win on our way to the knockout rounds.

We fell behind really early in the game but battled back well and in the nineteenth minute we were level. We rode our luck at times but were still on top throughout the game, and managed to find the winner in the second half to give us a hard-fought three points.

Damn Real have started strongly!

Frightenly strong.

You've been busy :D Great stuff :thup:

I do wish Xabi at Liverpool at had worked out better.

Yeah it would have been nice for him to have succeeded, but I am glad to have him back :D.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - November 2028

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps4ce2c0d4.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps7f93889d.png

We suffered our second defeat of the season in pretty quick succession, but thanks to Real Madrid also dropping points this could turn out to be a solid little month.

We played well in Sevilla but unfortunately when the game looked to be heading towards a goalless draw but in stoppage time we conceded to hand us defeat. That looked to have affected our confidence going into the Celta Vigo game as we conceded a sloppy goal early in the game. We just struggled to get going in the first half, but after a few stern words at the interval we came out improved and it didn't take us long to level the game. We kept pressing and found what could turn out to be a massive winning goal late in the game. Having secured victory we took the confidence into our next game and although we had to bide our time we breezed to a 4-0 win over Villarreal.

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps387c009e.png

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpsb0c245ce.png

Unbelievably easy passage through our group as we finished a massive ten points ahead of the rest.

Much like our home game against Legia, we fell behind early in the game and had to wait until the second half to get back into the game but we did that really well. A scruffy goal pulled us level and just five minutes later we were leading. We continued to press against a side who looked shocked and just a couple of minutes before the end of the game we sealed victory with a third. A quick start in France saw us take the lead but it wasn't our greatest performance, and after conceding in the second half the game finished in a draw. We rounded off the group with an extremely good performance at home to CSKA Moscow as we picked up a comfortable win.

Our tie in the Knockout Stage couldn't be any better really as we have been handed a draw against Hannover 96.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - December 2028

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps99b32f87.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsf2bf47c2.png

Just the one league fixture in December and we picked up a solid win to keep us on the tail of Real Madrid.

An early goal gave us a deserved lead and we were cruising but Cordoba scored right on the brink of half-time and that gave us something to think about. We battled on in the second half and scored twice in ten minutes to give us a solid win.

FIFA Club World Cup Semi-Final & Final

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps41e7dbcc.png

Our third year in a row in this competition and we have won it again to equal Barcelona's record of most competition wins.

In a repeat of last years Semi-Final we beat ES Tunis, although we made harder work of things this year. We battered them but at 1-0 up we couldn't seal the game and with twenty minutes we conceded against the run of play. We were awarded a penalty just eight minutes later to restore our lead and deep in stoppage time we sealed the win.

The Final started with a mad ten minute spell which saw Gremio miss a penalty, take the lead, concede and then lose the lead to us as we led 2-1 after just ten minutes. The game remained nervy for both sides with us being slightly better and we finally managed to seal the game with thirteen minutes left on the clock to give us a 3-1 win.

Copa del Rey Fourth Round

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zps1c721d75.png

An unbelievably comfortable start to the defence of our trophy.

We breezed through the first leg which pretty much sealed the tie with a comfortable 4-1 win. In the second leg we further added to our already large lead as we added five in another dominant performance.

Things get tough now as we face Sevilla in the Fifth Round.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - January 2029

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps0a9dc4b4.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zps87b20b08.png

An absolutely superb month which gives us a slender advantage over Real Madrid with a game in hand.

The new year kicked off in fine style with a dominant home performance against Levante. In a game where we were never troubled we scored twice in each half to give us a very comfortable victory. We repeated that 4-0 scoreline against Hercules where we once again did it comfortably. Our next game against Real Sociedad was less than convincing. Despite taking an early lead in the game and being the better side throughout we just couldn't find that second goal. As the game wore on the nerves were obvious as we were left holding on, and after riding our luck at times we did that to give us a 1-0 win. The month rounded off with a really solid win away to a stubborn Mallorca side. An own-goal gave us the lead but up until we scored our second goal things were really difficult.

Copa del Rey Fifth Round, Quarter-Final & Semi-Final 1st Leg

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-2_zps790a5d5b.png

Some superb displays have got us into the latter stages of the competition once more, where we have another opportunity to reach the Final.

Against a Sevilla team where things are usually tight we made very light work of them thanks to a fantastic first leg display. We led 1-0 at the break but our second half performance was relentless as we produced attack after attack and scored four excellent goals to give us a resounding win. The second leg was all about seeing it through and despite trailing at the break we levelled soon after the restart. The game was over at that point but we managed to find a second goal to win the game on the night and extend our aggregate win.

A brilliant opening half hour against Espanyol saw us three goals up and cruising. Things were even better when we went 4-0 up with a little over twenty minutes left on the clock but some really sloppy defending allowed them to pull two goals back late on to give us something to think about ahead of the second leg. We were poor in that game which made things nervy for us, especially when Espanyol took the lead on the night with thirty minutes left in the game. We managed to stop those nerves however with a goal that sealed our passage into the Semi-Final.

The first leg against Valencia started extremely well as we scored a brilliant goal to take the lead. We played absolutely fantastic up until the moment we conceded in the 66th minute and from then on it was all Valencia. We conceded a poor second goal which gives them a slender lead ahead of the second leg, but the game is nicely poised.

Transfers

SantAndreu_TransfersTransferHistory-2_zps609acbfe.png

There were four departures this month with one big-money sale.

That sale was of our record signing Ivano Mirto who after two seasons at the club left for Arsenal in a £50m deal. I knew we would make a loss on the player so it doesn't really bother me that much, I had just opted to go with younger players who I can establish rather than already established players. Manuel Prieto, a January signing left the club on loan for the remainder of the season, as did youngster Agustin Alonso. The other departure was that of Juanan Capdevilla who wasn't cutting it in the youth team and wouldn't have made the grade so he was released.

Our incoming signings were all done and dusted on the opening day of the transfer window as we got our work done early.

Abraham - £450k - A really solid young midfielder signed from Real Madrid. He wasn't getting games there but that didn't stop me bringing him in to the club.

Manuel Prieto - £600k - A cracking young winger who definitely has the potential to be a star in the future.

Julen Eizagirre - £8.25m - This is the deal which really prompted the Mirto sale. He isn't going to set the world alight but he is a solid young player who will give good competition upfront.

Jose Francisco Titos - £13.5m - This is a deal I had been looking to complete for some time so I am glad to finally bring him to the club. He gives me plenty of options as well being a natural winger, but having signed him I am very tempted to play him as a wing-back as I consider my current left-back options.

Looking great in the league, especially now that RM is dropping points rapidly. Sevilla has become your bogey team this season, clearly, hope you can take them down in the cup eventually.

Looking great in the league, especially now that RM is dropping points rapidly. Sevilla has become your bogey team this season, clearly, hope you can take them down in the cup eventually.

I can't see Real going away anytime soon. It will likely go down to the wire this season. As for Sevilla, it was nice to give them a tonking in the Copa del Rey.

Not sure how many of you use fantasy.premierleague.com, but if you do and want to join the newly created FMCU league the code is listed below:

15325-50967

bring it on SRL ;)

You know I'll win :p.

Abraham looks a cracking player for 450k pounds, great signing! :thup:

He was in the final year of his contract which is why I got him for so cheap. Good signing nonetheless.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - February 2029

Liga BBVA

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zps9a5f0176.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages-2_zpsd17a72e0.png

A bit of a mixed month but we remain locked up there with Real Madrid at the top of the table.

Things were extremely comfortable against Cordoba as we scored two goals in the first half to secure the three points. A surprising result followed at Espanyol in what was an utterly atrocious display from us. We never looked like taking anything from the game and it could have been a number of goals. We bounced back instantly however with a good performance against Albacete. We fell behind in the opening minute but their lead didn't last long as we soon levelled and by half-time we were in front. We scored three goals in eleven second half minutes with an Albacete goal sandwiched in their also as we picked up a 5-2 win. A frustrating result against Malaga followed as we dominated the game but failed to find the net despite having over twenty efforts at goal. Two goals, one just before and one just after half-time set us on our way to an important three points against Sporting, although the final ten minutes were difficult as we were made to work hard following an own-goal which brought Sporting back into the game. A fine display at home to Granada rounded the month off with four goals in the first half and one following in the second as we picked up an easy 5-0 win.

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-4_zpsf22cd65f.png

This was by no means a good display but we take a slender advantage into the second leg.

We were extremely poor for 60 minutes of the game and conceded just before half-time as Hannover took a deserved lead. We managed to find the gear we had been missing throughout the game once we hit the hour mark and began to dominate as Hannover sat back, and with twelve minutes remaining we levelled the game to lead on away goals.

Copa del Rey Semi-Final 2nd Leg

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-5_zpsdcad8fb3.png

After a narrow defeat in the first leg we ended any thoughts of defeat with a brilliant performance.

It didn't take us to long to break the deadlock on the night and after that the goals soon flowed as we led 3-0 at half-time. Valencia gave us a couple of scares early in the second half but a goal with just over twenty minutes left on the clock sealed the win and another place in the Final.

A meeting in May against Celta Vigo will seal the fate of the Copa del Rey.

Really really poor in the league! Dropping points against teams that are pretty low :/ Happens to me too, do you have any idea why that might be the case? At least you got a great win in CR kudos!

Really really poor in the league! Dropping points against teams that are pretty low :/ Happens to me too, do you have any idea why that might be the case? At least you got a great win in CR kudos!

By our standards it is yes, but it is quite nice that we aren't as invincible anymore. I think it is just a case of us playing the same year since I took over and teams are also catching up with us, within reason.

Looks like a very exciting title race.

It makes for a nice change.

Gerard looks like he could become a massive player for you.

With the right development he could be.

SRL88's Career - U.E. Sant Andreu - March & April 2029

Liga BBVA

March Results

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule_zps5218d992.png

A stunning month to start, although two results may have an effect on our season.

We were given a very tough game, as expected in Valencia as we battled our way to victory. We started really well and took the lead in just the sixteenth minute. After that it was a case of whether we could hold off their attack whilst also looking effective going forward as we searched a second goal which we managed just after the hour mark from the penalty spot. That put us in a comfortable position although a goal in the 76th minute brought Valencia back into the game, but it had no effect as we held on for a big win. A superb performance followed against Barcelona where we once again made light work of our local rivals. Another stunning first half display this season put us in complete control as we scored three excellent goals to give us a three goal lead. We added a fourth in the second half, although that came in the middle of two Barcelona goals, but we comfortably won the game 4-2. I was able to make changes for the Elche game which had no effect on our performance or the result as we breezed to a 5-0 win before a brilliant performance at home to Atletico. We were on song all game long and five goals by half-time had us 5-1 to the good. We kept pressing forward throughout the game and found another two goals in the second half in a 7-2 thumping of a very good side. Unfortunately our good performances stopped there as we were sluggish and poor against Real Madrid as we fell to a well deserved 1-0 defeat. That had a major affect on our confidence as we failed to beat Las Palmas to round off the month.

April Results

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsad7e71ce.png

LigaBBVA_OverviewStages_zpsb0c9cdca.png

A very, very tense month which we managed to come through leading the table as we head into the final month of the season.

After two poor results in March we managed to pick up an important win to kick off the month. We started the game quickly and scored inside the opening minute of the game to give us the lead. The remainder of the game was tense as we held on for our lives at times but we managed to come through in fantastic fashion and sealed the win in the final minute of the game. Quite possibly our worst performance of the season came at Villarreal as we never looked a threat and fell to a very disappointing defeat. We managed to come back from that with an important win over Celta Vigo in what was a showdown of the upcoming Copa del Rey Final. We played really well in the game and it could have been many goals, but I was happy to settle for a 1-0 win to keep our title hopes alive. Needing a win to take us top of the table against Real Madrid in a game which could quite eaily decide the fate of the title saw us score after just eighteen seconds and dominate the remainder of the game as we picked up a huge win.

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round 2nd Leg, Quarter & Semi-Final's

UESantAndreu_FixturesSchedule-5_zpsd4a31ab4.png

Without doubt this is the highs and lows of European football as we failed to make it four Final's in a row.

We did a very professional job against Hannover, scoring two early goals to put us in control of the tie and comfortably through to the next round. Going into the AC Milan game we came off the back of two poor league results and it was important that we got back on track as confidence looked affected and we put in a very good performance to give us a first leg lead. A goal in each half put us in control of the tie as we headed to Milan. The second leg was goalless up until the 60th minute but we were always in control of the tie, especially as they had two men sent off, one in each half. We took the lead in the game and fifteen minutes later added a second. Milan scored what was a mere consolation in the game, especially as we went straight up the other end and added a third. Just four minutes later we forced an own-goal to give us a resounding 4-1 win in Milan to see us through.

In the Semi-Final we were in absolute control of the tie as we led 2-0 at half-time in the first leg. We managed to produce a collapse though in the second half which cumulated with an own-goal in the 90th minute to hand control to Wolfsburg. Needing a win in Germany we failed, and our job was made ever harder when we conceded after just eleven minutes. Following that we just couldn't get going and we went out at a whimper as our European dominance ended.

Chrsit it's a bloody close one in La Liga - what a thrilling finish on the cards! To say that sneaky win over Real was a big one is a huge understatment. :D

Unlicky in the Champions Legaue, but after three finals in a row you can't complain about just missing out in a fourth.

Chrsit it's a bloody close one in La Liga - what a thrilling finish on the cards! To say that sneaky win over Real was a big one is a huge understatment. :D

Unlicky in the Champions Legaue, but after three finals in a row you can't complain about just missing out in a fourth.

It makes for a nice change having dominated the league for so long. Nervy, but good :D.

As for Europe, as you said, we've made three European finals in a row, so I have no room for complaint at all about exiting.

Archived